• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Also, obligatory.
View attachment 187802
Last year I just went with my seven favorites. However, since my previous number three, Celica, got in last year, I need a new person to fill in. However, instead of being my normal number eight, I'll be picking someone else who isn't in the game (sorry, Tobin). Y'all are free to take guesses. :p
Vote for Forrest you coward
Meanwhile Camus/Zeke/Sirius aren't merged, likely due to new names and slight personality shifts.
Those are different characters, what do you mean?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just realized that Palla, Catria, and Est are also merged three times, alongside Finn.

Move over Narcian, Finn is the real fourth Whitewing.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Just realized that Palla, Catria, and Est are also merged three times, alongside Finn.

Move over Narcian, Finn is the real fourth Whitewing.
And if they had included BSFE as a separate game, Est and Catria would have been merged 4 times.

:p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
True, true. I would like to see where all that can go. I'd also like to see more from the human characters again while they're at it, tbh. Might even be able to have them more involved with the Gem-related activities, especially considering how many (uncorrupted) Gems are living on Homeworld, now.

What I'm really curious about is how future antagonists will be, now that all of the Diamonds have gone through a heel-face turn. Given that there's sure to still be conflict from all the changes Homeworld will be experiencing, however, I suspect that some former antagonists might still cause significant problems here and there. We'll see.

More thing, I'm personally really curious as to what Jasper's character will be like, now.
Yeah I think a lot more of the focus will be on the homeworld and earth interactions.

I could see some gems be a problem but the diamonds would stop that so I don't know how it would work.

jasper is gonna be interesting and really confused. I'm glad to have her back though.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
See this, y'all?

This, y'all.

Even if I don't share the passion, seeing people get genuinely passionate about stuff warms my cold little heart. That ain't annoying, that's endearing.

I dig P5 too, but point stands.
does this mean i get to do a lengthy devil daggers lore theory post

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Great, now that the Annas specifically aren't split, we can have all of them occupying the entire top ten list!

...Right?

Chrono.

Playing KH 0.2 now and holy ****.

After playing all these old games, it's surreal playing a true next gen KH game. Even if it's basically a demo for 3, and 3 already looks far and FAR better than 0.2.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It was really an all out special. So good, and lots of great moments. didn't even feel rushed to me aside from a little in the end but it was great.
The fact that it isn’t a series finale (with the movie coming out in the fall) made this special even more balls of the walls crazy...especially when
Steven got his gem taken out, and it seemed like he could’ve died looking at himself

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
>see an MK11 video
>"oh cool it's raide-"
>RAYDEN

1492560600588.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>see an MK11 video
>"oh cool it's raide-"
>RAYDEN

View attachment 187811
You can blame blame Acclaim on starting that whole spelling of his name.

Bro... it's been like that since MK9.
Ed Boon is pretty stubborn in its pronunciation.
Bro... it's been like that since MK9.
Ed Boon is pretty stubborn in its pronunciation.
Wrong. It actually started in MK2. Ed Boon actually dislikes it when it's spelled "Rayden". It's only spelled "Rayden" on the home console versions of MK until MK4. And also the non-games in the 90s.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

MK uses Japanese pretty... liberally.

By that I mean, they can kinda go the weeb-ish route of giving things Japanese names without looking into what they mean just because it sounds cool.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So Choose Your Legends 3 just started?

And so it begins!

It should be expected Takumi is my first pick. Picking the good ol' Pineapple is the perfect to kick off my CYL3 ballot!

D

Deleted member

MK uses Japanese pretty... liberally.

By that I mean, they can kinda go the weeb-ish route of giving things Japanese names without looking into what they mean just because it sounds cool.
Not really. The only Japanese characters IIRC are Scorpion, Kenshi, and Takeda. And Kenshi means "sword saint" apparently.

The rest of the asian character sare Chinese.(Well, the characters born in earthrealm I mean.) Or in Raiden's case, his name is the word for lightning and thunder in Chinese.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Okay, enough with FE characters having cloth swap with Xenoblade characters:

To me, Tiki in Palutena outfits just fits well.
i dont know man, those are some unreleastic proportion from the neck down

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So, wait, is it spelled Raiden but pronounced Rayden now? Or is it spelled Rayden now?

And I can understanding pronouncing two majorly active characters with similar names differently to not confuse 'em. I mean, even Smash has two Roys.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
So, wait, is it spelled Raiden but pronounced Rayden now? Or is it spelled Rayden now?

And I can understanding pronouncing two majorly active characters with similar names differently to not confuse 'em. I mean, even Smash has two Roys.
It's always spelt Raiden but they pronounce it "Ray-den"

D

Deleted member

People always get that wrong. It's always been Raiden, not Rayden. Rayden was only a thing in the console versions of MK1-MKT. Probably to avoid confusion with other video game characters named Raiden at the time.

Though it's always been pronounced "Ray-den" in MK for whatever reason.

Chrono.

D

Deleted member

Thing that they’re missing is that a lot of those words and names are NOT suppose to be representative of the Asian language at all. Names like Quan Chi, Shinnok, and Onaga aren't suppose to match actual Asian words. They're made up names because they're used for characters from fictional realms.

For instance, Bo' Rai' Cho's name which sounds like it may be Chinese isn't actually derived from any of the asian languages. His name actually comes from borracho which is Spanish for drunk.

I don't really like to use gamefaqs discussion. It's mostly just people bickering at eachother for the sake of it rather than anything meaningful coming out a lot of the time. At least from what I see.

Not to say that MK nails everything when it comes to representing Asian culture, heck, it took up until recently for Sub-Zero to look Chinese.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I don't really like to use gamefaqs discussion. It's mostly just people bickering at eachother for the sake of it rather than anything meaningful coming out a lot of the time. At least from what I see.
Congratulations, that's what 90% of gamefaqs is like and why I don't go there anymore. A bunch of uninformed people making loud uninformed opinions to other uninformed people.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"What's the best way for me to ease into feeling comfortable posting here again after everything yesterday"

. . .

"I'm going to go out on a limb and say Julian was actually my personal favorite new recruit from the Ghoul's Teeth, not Lena OR Navarre. Not for battle, gosh no he's made of paper the other two are so much more helpful there, just for his personality and to help sweep cleared areas for chest loot. But then, he's Lena's BF anyway so technically as long as I don't say my favorite is the FE Warriors rep I'm still supporting Lena in a way right?"

EDIT: Tick tock let's move that frock

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Watching some TV before going to sleep
>They're supposed to show Hey Arnold at 2am here on NickToons
>They air a series called Huntik instead
>It has an Eurospanish dub for some reason
>Imma sleep
>Theme song plays
>It is absolute fire
>Ok, lets understand the lore behind this series.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Angel from the musical Rent is considered to be the heart of the story.

She has a big solo number.

It's about murdering a dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom