• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I really do think people are sleeping on Isabelle's chances when it comes to Smash Switch. She's among the most likely additions IMO.
She's a HUGE Nintendo character. She might have even blew up faster than Rosalina did.

She's definitely getting in in my opinion.

Last edited:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
So what do everybody think? Are you okay 3ds still getting games? Or you were pissed and demand Nintendo to kill 3ds immediately?
I actually wanted to talk about this, because the problem for isn't that the 3DS is getting new games, but the kind of "new" games is getting. Let me explain.

In the last direct, we got several 3DS games, and Detective Pikachu was the only true new game of the bunch. Wario Ware Gold is a compilation (I think, don't really remember), Luigi 's mansion is using the assets from Luigi's Mansion 2, and the same happens with Mario & Luigi (this one is even worse because they've used the very same assets from Dream Team for 3 other games, which it's too much in my opinion). And, last year we also got USUM, that also used almost everything from SM (to me it seemed like a copy paste to be honest).

I would be fine if the 3DS got games late in his life-span with the quality of Shadows of Valentia or Samus Returns (even though they are both remakes and might fall into the same as the games listed above). The fact that they are releasing this kind of games to me is just so they can say that they're still supporting the 3DS, even though they're obviously centered on the Switch. I don't blame them, and for those who enjoy the 3DS and still want to play whatever they make on the system, good for you. I personally would rather have the system die than giving them low effort games (not saying that this games have no effort, but compared to a fleshed out new game...), but that's just my take on the situation.

Either way, I said Shadows of Valentia was going to be the last game I bought for the 3DS, and so far it's no lie.
Unless Capcom localized Dai Gyakuten Saiban, in which case I'll be buying the hell of those two games. But it's Capcom, It ain't happening.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I really do think people are sleeping on Isabelle's chances when it comes to Smash Switch. She's among the most likely additions IMO.
I absolutely agree with this.

Nobody's a shoo--in, of course, but Isabelle is definitely one of the characters I'm most confident in.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So do you think people who were made into Mii Fighter costumes stand a stronger chance of being newcomers?

After all Heihachi almost was added alongside Ryu.
Heihachi would be fantastic. Or Jin Kazama. EWGF should exist in more fighters as it is.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm not denying her chances or popularity. But it's hard to think of a moveset for her when Villager practically covers all of the bases. I mean, Villager even has a literal tripping attack. What exactly can be given to Isabelle that hasn't already been given to Villager? That's what I feel is hurting Isabelle's chances is getting her chance of getting a moveset that covers something not done by Villager's moveset. Cause I doubt people want Isabelle to be a clone.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I think people are severely overestimating Isabelle.

Animal Crossing is probably a one and done series for Smash, Villager already encompasses everything the entire series is about in a single character. What would she even do? Maybe a last minute clone at best.
So do you think people who were made into Mii Fighter costumes stand a stronger chance of being newcomers?
Almost certainly, K. Rool in particular may as well have been Sakurai throwing the fans a bone since he wasn't going to make it as DLC. Not even the modern design or completely the Rare design, but combining aspects of both, thought was put into it.

I'd also say Takamaru has the best chance of getting the Little Mac treatment, on top of being a potential token NES character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Even as someone who doesn't even enjoy Animal Crossing, to say the Villager "represents everything" is pretty disingenuous.

Isabelle's style would likely involve minor stage terraforming through enacting ordinances and building public works projects, using cute, clumsy attacks like setting off a party popper or accidentally knocking over a comically large stack of paperwork, and maybe tossing leaves that transform into heavy furniture since she had a major role in Happy Home Designer iirc.

If I had to give an analogue of some sort, she'd be somewhat close to Smash's answer to UMvC3's Phoenix Wright.

Last edited:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
If I had to give an analogue of some sort, she'd be somewhat close to Smash's answer to UMvC3's Phoenix Wright.
Oh man, as much as I love Phoenix Wright... If Isabelle played like him, I'm never touching her. When I bought UMVC3 of course I went first with my favourite character of the bunch, but I hate how he played so much, it was infuriating, and ended up playing other characters instead.

Of course, Smash is a different situation, we don't have everyone shooting crazy projectiles and teleporting like crazy all the time, so Isabelle could have a much more easier time to do whatever gimmick she had. But I'm fine with the clumsy moveset, I wouldn't mind seeing her in the game like that.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If Tails were added as a playable character, I'd tear this place apart squeeing.

Everyone else would be kind of met with varying levels of apathy, or a mix of resignation and trauma flashbacks with K. Rool.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
IT TOOK NINE DAYS BUT I FINALLY GOT POWER BACK.

View attachment 138433
"Wait what did I miss?"

"Best Direct Ever Edition"

"WHAT"

*Finds Direct*

*Crash on Switch, Undertale being Undertale, and ****ING SMASH*

Guys, it took a while, but I, too, have now ascended to heaven.
Welcome back, Opossum! Glad to have you back, and yes, the Smash Bros community's been in full swing all over again - New members, familiar faces and lots of debate about how little we know about this new game and speculation abounds... It truly is the start of a new era for Smash Speculation. Never been a worse time to start during the initiation of 3rd Year Uni...

I think it's pretty likely that some characters who got Mii Costumes probably have a decent chance, especially if it were to be combined with their popularity in the ballot. K. Rool is probably one of the bigger names one can think of from this list and the Inklings had a costume before finally getting into Smash Bros as their own characters. At the very least, I'm hoping that maybe Takamaru can finally get his chance. Some characters I wouldn't mind at all if they became playable, like say Heihachi, Monster Hunter or Tails, but really, I'm just hoping Takamaru gets a bit of love.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I don't even know much about AC but if Isabelle gets in the roster and I have to beat her during Classic or an Event I would feel like absolute **** after doing it because she's pure af.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Even as someone who doesn't even enjoy Animal Crossing, to say the Villager "represents everything" is pretty disingenuous.

Isabelle's style would likely involve minor stage terraforming through enacting ordinances and building public works projects, using cute, clumsy attacks like setting off a party popper or accidentally knocking over a comically large stack of paperwork, and maybe tossing leaves that transform into heavy furniture since she had a major role in Happy Home Designer iirc.

I imagine her as a mixture of him and that Sims Mayor assist trophy that used buildings out of the ground to attack.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I imagine her as a mixture of him and that Sims Mayor assist trophy that used buildings out of the ground to attack.
The hilarious part is that guy's name is Doctor Wright, and you picture her as a mix of him and Phoenix Wright.

Clearly this means Isabelle is Wright for Smash.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Isabelle better NOT be in Smash.

Do you honestly expect me to be okay with hitting Isabelle?

DO YOU?!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
No joke - I'd explode with hype if we got Pheonix Wright in Smash Bros. Just like I did with Cloud.

As for Isabelle - If anyone hurts her, someone will pay... In blood.

Now if you'll excuse me - I need to stop procrastinating and get on with uni homework.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Is that implying that you're okay with hitting Lucas, even with that wholesome smile of his?
Lucas is at LEAST combat savvy so I'm use to him being hurt. He also grew up playing rough with baby dragons.

Isabelle has done nothing wrong.

You all are a bunch of dirty puppy punchers and you should be ashamed. :drflip:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Like I said, I would think the Direct was decent but not damn good if there wasn't Smash.
Yet... you still have people still whine and say that the Direct was bad... I an understand when some say they were disappointed but just because they didn't show FE SWitch, Pokemon Switch, and especially Nintendo Online... or anything they hope to show... that doesn't mean it sucks

tl;dr
If anyone was disappointed of the Direct or even say it bad...
Then it's really their own fault...

I never expected anything much because I am enjoying my system and Xenoblade 2, despite there weren't any XC2 DLC info (Which tbh I'm actually glad about it...) I still think the Direct was really good.
The Direct was practically nothing but ports, ports, and more ports. Smash was the only new game announcement. It's the only thing that kept it from being another forgettable Direct. The sooner the Nintendo fan base moves away from port begging, the better. Not everything has to show up on the Switch.
My thing with the 3DS is. Outside of it's cheaper price point and built in library.

It makes no sense alongside the Switch. Your first portable home console attempting to get as many of the major titles on it as possible.

It's also getting Fire Emblem, Pokemon and probably eventually an Animal Crossing game. The Nintendo IPs that probably do best on portable systems.

Outside of loyalty to their old model of operating. It just seems physically strange to keep making games for the 3DS. Making games you're making for the 3DS for the Switch would practically make Switch an even bigger force to reckon with.
To be fair, it's just getting localizations and small titles.

Not really. This is the same song and dance as the Assist Trophies during pre-Smash 4; many people thought that we would get two, three, or four ATs to graduate to playable status. Yet we only get LIttle Mac and Isaac even got removed from AT status, the character seen as the second most likely of the ATs.

Mii Costumes have no bearings on likelihood. The speculation that characters like K. Rool and Inklings were added as Mii Costumes due to fan demand on the Ballot is just that, speculation. Even then, Inklings were in such an uniquely favorable position that their inclusion didn't even need fan demand to get added. While some of the Mii Costumes are possible additions like K. Rool and Isabelle, Inklings might be the only one that makes the jump to playable status.

Having said that, I expect Inklings to be named as the ballot runner-up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Can't Spring come faster? I really want to know more about this new blade we are getting. Especially because, even though I know it will never happen, I would freakin' love if the new blade was Emeralda from Xenogear. Can you imagine how the Xeno fanbase would react if it happen?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
We already throw blue, red and green shells at Isabelle, what's a sword to the face?

I'd be totally cool with cute pupper. Its fine.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Can't Spring come faster? I really want to know more about this new blade we are getting. Especially because, even though I know it will never happen, I would freakin' love if the new blade was Emeralda from Xenogear. Can you imagine how the Xeno fanbase would react if it happen?
Considering the slew of guest artists Chronicles 2 has, the door is open for so many potential crazy blades in the future.

I have a gut feeling it'll just be original blades though.

We already throw blue, red and green shells at Isabelle, what's a sword to the face?

I'd be totally cool with cute pupper. Its fine.
Those hit her KART, not her.

DIRTY. PUPPY. PUNCHERS.

(I'm completely joking if that isn't obvious, best Pupper would be cool to have in Smash)

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Considering the slew of guest artists Chronicles 2 has, the door is open for so many potential crazy blades in the future.

We can only dream I guess...

Still wonder what this original blade is going to look. Like, with all the various blades design in the base game, how are they going to make this new blade unique and fun?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Lucas is at LEAST combat savvy so I'm use to him being hurt. He also grew up playing rough with baby dragons.
.......I was going to make a "Words will never 'hurt' me" joke involving a top-tier character, but it hurts me from even thinking it and I remember how even Kamiya was sorry for the line's unintended use, so I need to take a break and get some sleep.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The Direct was practically nothing but ports, ports, and more ports. Smash was the only new game announcement. It's the only thing that kept it from being another forgettable Direct. The sooner the Nintendo fan base moves away from port begging, the better. Not everything has to show up on the Switch.To be fair, it's just getting localizations and small titles.

Not really. This is the same song and dance as the Assist Trophies during pre-Smash 4; many people thought that we would get two, three, or four ATs to graduate to playable status. Yet we only get LIttle Mac and Isaac even got removed from AT status, the character seen as the second most likely of the ATs.

Mii Costumes have no bearings on likelihood. The speculation that characters like K. Rool and Inklings were added as Mii Costumes due to fan demand on the Ballot is just that, speculation. Even then, Inklings were in such an uniquely favorable position that their inclusion didn't even need fan demand to get added. While some of the Mii Costumes are possible additions like K. Rool and Isabelle, Inklings might be the only one that makes the jump to playable status.

Having said that, I expect Inklings to be named as the ballot runner-up.
*glances up from an unholy amount of hours on Skyrim and turning into a skeleton from how long the Terraria port is taking*

. . .Ehh.

And playable Octolings has been like the biggest fan wish ever for a fandom of several million people pretty consistently for the entire time Splatoon games have existed, so there would have been something to take over the place of "insane thing of note" without Smash drowning it out even if the non-Splatoon fans would have cried about it.

And I'd be disappointed in humanity if that many people wasted their votes three months before Splatoon was even released, TBH. If the Ballot was even remotely frontloaded like I'd think then it should be someone else. Inkling may be the only newcomer I care about this go-around and I'm STILL saying that. It was too freaking early, SMH.

Mii Costumes thing I agree on, though. People are putting way too much stock in it when way too many of those characters are too low priority to even be called beta tier. As much as I'd go insane if Tails did get in despite that.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
In the last direct, we got several 3DS games, and Detective Pikachu was the only true new game of the bunch. Wario Ware Gold is a compilation (I think, don't really remember), Luigi 's mansion is using the assets from Luigi's Mansion 2, and the same happens with Mario & Luigi (this one is even worse because they've used the very same assets from Dream Team for 3 other games, which it's too much in my opinion). And, last year we also got USUM, that also used almost everything from SM (to me it seemed like a copy paste to be honest).
I have defend USUM because it has refined almost everything of SM... even though it is literally the same game, for core Pokemon fans they will be satisfied with USUM, but for most of us obviously we want a new Pokemon game on Switch, so I can see where you are coming from.

The Direct was practically nothing but ports, ports, and more ports.
Um.. yeah.. ever since like.. it's launch? I may be wrong here but most consoles tend to have ports in their early life cycle. I really hope you are just joking since your complaint is basically an old complaint... or at least somewhat subjective since most people are ok with having ports on Switch, it's all comes down to the games. Also the Switch itself makes those ports worth playing for most people since you are literally buying the game both as a home console game and a handheld game We just got Undertale, Okami HD, Crash N Sane Trilogy, and South Park being announced, and more coming like Ys VIII, TWEWY Final Remix etc...

It's fine if you just don't like ports, but don't take it as a general compalint when there's already new games from Nintendo and other third parties like Botw (I know this is already on a Wii U but still), Odyssey, XC2, and more good indie games.

Also don't forgot upcoming new titles like Valkyria Chronicles 4,FE Switch, Octopath Traveler etc...
Smash was the only new game announcement. It's the only thing that kept it from being another forgettable Direct.
This is probably a prime example of setting high hopes... don't expect Nintendo Direct should always announce many new games...

The sooner the Nintendo fan base moves away from port begging, the better. Not everything has to show up on the Switch.
Switch fanbase doesn't need port begging now when Switch is selling well... not to mention when there's already a lot of games coming to Switch this year. Therefore, it is third party companies that are shooting themselves in the foot if they don't release their big titles or great quality games to Switch.

I do agree that not everything has to show up on Switch, but better than nothing right?Man I really hope you are just joking here or at least half-joking.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Those hit her KART, not her.

DIRTY. PUPPY. PUNCHERS.

(I'm completely joking if that isn't obvious, best Pupper would be cool to have in Smash)
I mean, aren't we already dirty puppy punchers?
:4duckhunt:

And even if folks have a vendetta against the dog, the duck did nothing wrong. :p

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
So I just thought of something, Sakurai wanted both Heihachi and Takamaru in as fighters but we're for reasons, what if it was the same thing with K.rool and Isabelle?

Inkling is already a fighter and it's likely that he wanted to make them fighters in Smash 4 but didn't have enough time for them so he made them fighters.

If we go by the logic that he wanted Takamaru and Heihachi and both of them got made into Brawl outfits them if we go by that logic then that would mean that it might be the same with Isabelle and the Inklings them if we go by 2 what if fighters per type them we get this.

Brawl- Heihachi, K.Rool
Sword Fighter- Takamaru, Chrom
Gunner- Inkling, Isabelle

I'm not counting Geno on the list because Sakurai didn't know how popular he was, compared to him actually wanting to put Heihachi in but not being able to think of a moveset/not seeing how he would be able to make his fighting style work in Smash, Chrom was pretty early cut for Robin so that's a given.

I think personally that all of the character I listed might have a pretty good shot for being playable save for Chrom maybe.

You also say Ashley was considered but we really don't have anything about right now so that remains to be seen.

IDK man I should get some sleep right now.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I mean, aren't we already dirty puppy punchers?
:4duckhunt:

And even if folks have a vendetta against the dog, the duck did nothing wrong. :p
I'll cut your electricity again Opo.

Wait, Mythra is already threatening that.

...I'll help Mythra cut your power, Opo.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So I just thought of something, Sakurai wanted both Heihachi and Takamaru in as fighters but we're for reasons, what if it was the same thing with K.rool and Isabelle?

Inkling is already a fighter and it's likely that he wanted to make them fighters in Smash 4 but didn't have enough time for them so he made them fighters.

If we go by the logic that he wanted Takamaru and Heihachi and both of them got made into Brawl outfits them if we go by that logic then that would mean that it might be the same with Isabelle and the Inklings them if we go by 2 what if fighters per type them we get this.

Brawl- Heihachi, K.Rool
Sword Fighter- Takamaru, Chrom
Gunner- Inkling, Isabelle

I'm not counting Geno on the list because Sakurai didn't know how popular he was, compared to him actually wanting to put Heihachi in but not being able to think of a moveset/not seeing how he would be able to make his fighting style work in Smash, Chrom was pretty early cut for Robin so that's a given.

I think personally that all of the character I listed might have a pretty good shot for being playable save for Chrom maybe.

You also say Ashley was considered but we really don't have anything about right now so that remains to be seen.

IDK man I should get some sleep right now.
Pretty sure Sakurai knows Geno is popular.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Wasn't Gen 2 shorter than three years?

Granted, it also jumped ship mid-gen to a degree, but that's not a. . .thing.
Well...in Japan, it was three years. Gold and Silver released in 1999, Ruby and Sapphire in 2002. Things got muddled a bit everywhere else because it took until '98 for the first gen to come out worldwide.

I think the former would be more likely to be broken.

The thing is we know GF does do conceptual development early on as it was outright confirmed XY started after BW and SM is implied to have started after XY with the Souvenir. We also know Ohmori did the last minute things like trials pretty much by himself, which may imply even more that most of GF's staff was getting tied up with the Switch project. So theoretically GF could've devoted enough time and resources to the game while developing SM so that once SM was completed they could shift their focus and finalize the new game by either late 2018 or early 2019. Another thing we have to consider is that Nintendo/TCPi are all aware that new generations are the biggest sellers in the franchise, with even the lowest selling one outselling the highest selling remake/sequel, so it would make more sense from a business standpoint to make their first game on the Switch (which they hope to sell 20 million more) a new generation since that's what will bring the most attention to the games and the system.

By comparison, the three year generation has never been a hard rule. Gen 3 and 4 for instance were four years before 5 came along (with many similarly saying it'd be four years before XY was revealed). Additionally, SM and USUM were released rather close together by third version standards (offhand, only B2W2 was released close to a year after it's initial set, and only internationally), so they could've intended for Gen 7 to be a shorter generation.
Thing is...much of your argument involves theoreticals. Game Freak has multiple teams, so maybe they put one team on Gen 8 while Gen 7 was still in production. Speculators were caught off guard with a three year generation when they expected a four year cycle, so maybe it could happen now with a two year one. While it could happen, we should not assume it will until we have reason to believe it. We're best off looking at the evidence we have right now and predicting based on that, and then altering our predictions when we learn anything new.

Theoretically they could, they rushed through the Aether and Akaka Island arcs at a rather brisk pace, so theoretically they can speed it up very soon depending on what their plans are.

Also, each trial and grand trial takes about an episode, and the dragon one was done previously. So we just need to get three more trials (two if they don't adapt the Fairy one) and two Grand trials to move things forward, which is about a month to get through things.
But again, just because they could rush through the rest of the trials with a snap of the writers' fingers, it doesn't mean we should assume they will without any proof. Considering right now they're doing a mix of Ultra Beast stuff and character building filler, and seeing how the anime has yet to introduce Nanu, Hapu, the Ultra Recon Squad, or even freaking Guzma, the evidence points more toward the Alola saga not wrapping up within the next six months.

To be honest, as a Gen 7 Pokemon I feel Lycanroc is pretty underrated. It has a lot of promotion backing it, and popularity-wise it's one of the highest Alolan Pokemon. I feel it has more of a chance then people give it credit for.
Hey, something we can agree on!

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Or Elma from Xenoblade X would be awesome as well...

Also man, I didn't mention because it is irrelevant to English speaking gaming community, but once again this shows how Nintendo is really going in when it comes to Chinese localization.

Smash Bros Switch is going to be the first Smash Bros to have official Chinese support, and the official Chinese title... is actually the title that Chinese gaming community have been using for years...

Er... it's transparent... and now Smash Bros websites starts using svg files... man times flies...
Nevermind... it seems that svg pic can't be shown...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom