• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I personally think Dreamcast guy is such a whiner and Jim the gun when it comes to "kill 3ds"

And once again, I do agree that Nintendo should drop 3ds,but hey, it will happen sooner or later, not to mention New 2ds XL just came out not ever a year...

I think once Pokémon Switch and Fire Emblem Switch comes out, and 3ds starts to have sales decline significantly, then I agree they should drop 3ds.
Smash is already the first sign, so. . That's that

So what do everybody think? Are you okay 3ds still getting games? Or you were pissed and demand Nintendo to kill 3ds immediately?

Just so funny how we used to rant how Nintendo drops system quickly.... Like they drop GBA after DS came out...
But then again Nintendo didn't drop GameCube right after Wii's release until 2008,so here's a track record for you to check.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The good thing about Daylight Saving Time beginning: More sunshine hours

The bad thing about Daylight Saving Time beginning: I have at least 33 functional clocks in my house
What does one need with 33 clocks though?

Got to chapter 4 of XC2. Doing side quests right now.

My biggets love/hate thing is the main battle theme.
Everytime it gets to 11 seconds in. . . i cant hear anything but
Don't For-get medon't Forget me
:061:

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
Just got back from Black Panther.

Phase 3 had some cool villains, but Killmonger just blew them all out of the water and it's not even close.

I loved the movie overall. I also liked how standalone it is, you really don't need to be into the MCU to enjoy this one (which, I guess, to MCU fans could be seen as a filler but that would be doing a major disservice to this movie.)
I'm a pretty big MCU fans and I can easily say it was amazing and is not filler at all.

Personally I think Killmonger was amazing villain and the thing he said at the end of the movie make me nearly choke up.

Plus it helps that Shuri was my personal favorite character in the film overall.

But yeah this movie is going to help a lot of folks like me and I love that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, the Luigi Beta game over screen does a better job at being saddening and a little scaring than Don't Hug me I am Scared and Doki Doki Literature Club combined. I mean it may not look like much but if you get deep into it, the Luigi Beta game over screen makes you sad inside much more than other game overs. Since you developed a good liking for Mario and Luigi and how much of a help Mario is to Luigi, seeing Luigi depressed in the game over makes me a little sad as well. As a person who suffered depression, I am kind of thankful Nintendo removed that game over screen. Honestly, the Luigi beta game over screen makes me the most sad out of all of them, and considering this is from a Mario game. Why did I make a paragraph on this?
Take a look at the Luigi Beta game over screen.
#LoveLuigi
Nah man Opossum would be this guy:

Why deviate from the Disney canon?
No. Opossum would be Chrom, because Chrom is a secret Disney prince. :troll:
Also Opossum would be a Disney prince because he is a powerful leader of this thread and used to be a moderator. What Disney prince would he be?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't know what you're on about but Lester (I think his name is Lester) the robot/puppet/mascot Opossum is a Disney prince.
It's all in the subtext my friends, never just scratch the surface.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Just tell me your FEH username and I'll accept your friend request. Though I think you can only use the Castle Leader of each friend on your list

If anyone else wants to add me, feel free to.
I'm sending one. I used the default name Kiran. It should have Lyn as my Hero.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I personally think Dreamcast guy is such a whiner and Jim the gun when it comes to "kill 3ds"

And once again, I do agree that Nintendo should drop 3ds,but hey, it will happen sooner or later, not to mention New 2ds XL just came out not ever a year...

I think once Pokémon Switch and Fire Emblem Switch comes out, and 3ds starts to have sales decline significantly, then I agree they should drop 3ds.
Smash is already the first sign, so. . That's that

So what do everybody think? Are you okay 3ds still getting games? Or you were pissed and demand Nintendo to kill 3ds immediately?

Just so funny how we used to rant how Nintendo drops system quickly.... Like they drop GBA after DS came out...
But then again Nintendo didn't drop GameCube right after Wii's release until 2008,so here's a track record for you to check.
People yell 'stop making 3DS games like Nintendos gonna listen to them pff

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Even if we remove Smash from the equation; this direct was damn good, I really need Bowser's Inside Story yo.
Im still surpirised to see Luigi's Mansion on the 3DS instead of the N3DS.

What does one need with 33 clocks though?
They look cool af

Chrono.

The real reason we need all 3 Xenoblade protags in Smash.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Nintendo pretty much gave up on that system at this point lol
It is more about me thinking a GC port would require the power of N3DS but yeah, that's why the N2DS is getting promoted instead as the N3DS was bloody expensive imo.

Chrono.

It is more about me thinking a GC port would require the power of N3DS but yeah, that's why the N2DS is getting promoted instead as the N3DS was bloody expensive imo.
Yeah feel bad for the sucker who bought one of those lmaooooooooooo..

In my defense my first 3DS was already all janky.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Got to chapter 4 of XC2. Doing side quests right now.

My biggets love/hate thing is the main battle theme.
Everytime it gets to 11 seconds in. . . i cant hear anything but
Don't For-get medon't Forget me
:061:
This isn't a love/hate thing for me but a bit of rant, why are main battle themes are better than Unique Monster battle themes?

If you can't hear anything then go and tweak the audio... the default setting isn't really good I give you that.

And uh, I thought that was patched... now come to think of it I actually starting to missed it lol.

People yell 'stop making 3DS games like Nintendos gonna listen to them pff
I can still see where they are coming from though. Then again, not trying to trash those people but they have understand this is a business decision... it sucks that they didn't drop 3DS quickly but hey, 3DS didn't take up too much time in the Direct.

Nintendo pretty much gave up on that system at this point lol
True, if they are rally focusing on the system then they would have Wii title ports to the New 3DS... man I really hope there's a The Last Story port... but hey, better if it is ported to Switch I guess.

No, only the Wii power games are mostly need to be ported to New 3DS...

GC games aren't a problem, especially Nintendo's own GC games.
Even if we remove Smash from the equation; this direct was damn good, I really need Bowser's Inside Story yo.
Like I said, I would think the Direct was decent but not damn good if there wasn't Smash.
Yet... you still have people still whine and say that the Direct was bad... I an understand when some say they were disappointed but just because they didn't show FE SWitch, Pokemon Switch, and especially Nintendo Online... or anything they hope to show... that doesn't mean it sucks

tl;dr
If anyone was disappointed of the Direct or even say it bad...
Then it's really their own fault...

I never expected anything much because I am enjoying my system and Xenoblade 2, despite there weren't any XC2 DLC info (Which tbh I'm actually glad about it...) I still think the Direct was really good.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
To tell time obviously
:troll:
Yo there was one time where the batteries of many clocks died nearly at the same day, so when I tried to look at the time for something I saw one saying 5:35 another 9:28, another 3:06 and so on... it felt confusing as ****

D

Deleted member

Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo
Hey pumpkin, can you make me a Luigi sprite on that Dragon Quest game you play? Your choice. :)
I will even use it for my new avatar.
The real reason we need all 3 Xenoblade protags in Smash.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I love anime television and games, and this is why. They all have dramatic funny arguments like this.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To be honest I am a little confused by Luigi's Mansion going on 3DS rather than Switch.
Like I know 3DS is a big console still, but given all the ports the Switch has been getting, I'm amazed they didn't go with a port of a cult classic Mario title.

And it's not even me asking for an HD remaster like the original Luigi's Mansion still looks fantastic.

To be honest I am a little confused by Luigi's Mansion going on 3DS rather than Switch.
Like I know 3DS is a big console still, but given all the ports the Switch has been getting, I'm amazed they didn't go with a port of a cult classic Mario title.

And it's not even me asking for an HD remaster like the original Luigi's Mansion still looks fantastic.
Agreed, though the LM port just gives the 3DS that little bit of extra life.

Could possibly point to a potential new LM game on Switch. Similar thing happened DKC Tropical Freeze, the DKCR 3DS port was released, then not long after Tropical Freeze was announced on Wii U.

Last edited:

Chrono.

The optimistic side of me says the remaster is probably leading to a new installment on Switch.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
My thing with the 3DS is. Outside of it's cheaper price point and built in library.

It makes no sense alongside the Switch. Your first portable home console attempting to get as many of the major titles on it as possible.

It's also getting Fire Emblem, Pokemon and probably eventually an Animal Crossing game. The Nintendo IPs that probably do best on portable systems.

Outside of loyalty to their old model of operating. It just seems physically strange to keep making games for the 3DS. Making games you're making for the 3DS for the Switch would practically make Switch an even bigger force to reckon with.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've done some **** that I wasn't proud of four years ago.

Like moderating a Daisy for Smash Facebook page and having to put up with one creepy guy that thought I was a Daisy roleplayer who had some gum indirect kiss smelling fetish. I didn't want to block him, but had to put up with that guy for three ****ing years.

Looking at that whole DM conversation now that Smash speculation is a thing again makes me cringe.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I've done some **** that I wasn't proud of four years ago.

Like moderating a Daisy for Smash Facebook page and having to put up with one creepy guy that thought I was a Daisy roleplayer who had some gum indirect kiss smelling fetish. I didn't want to block him, but had to put up with that guy for three ****ing years.

Looking at that whole DM conversation now that Smash speculation is a thing again makes me cringe.
Didn't we used to have some guy here who was up and down insane for Daisy?
I remember something like that but I'm afraid to bring it up.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So do you think people who were made into Mii Fighter costumes stand a stronger chance of being newcomers?

After all Heihachi almost was added alongside Ryu.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So do you think people who were made into Mii Fighter costumes stand a stronger chance of being newcomers?

Could happen but I wouldn’t be surprised if they were kept costumes. Inklings may have made it but they kind of stand out more then the others so it’s understandable

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Didn't we used to have some guy here who was up and down insane for Daisy?
I remember something like that but I'm afraid to bring it up.
I'm pretty sure we're not allowed to bring it up because he got banned, LOL.

He's everywhere else you can imagine, though. Twitter, ResetERA, Reddit, Discords of Reddit communities. . .

TBH I thought he was more a curiosity than anything until he went out of his way to thread invade on ResetERA to talk trash about Sonic.

Isn't the first person that managed to tick off half the people that knew them for completely different reasons and then decided to cross my one line for good measure, and as painful as it is to think about he's probably not the last.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
A new Smash was announced this week.

Star vs. the Forces of Evil has been airing new episodes again.

And some major Steven Universe plot points have been teased in upcoming episodes for next month.

It's been a good week for some of my favorite things. :p

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Could happen but I wouldn’t be surprised if they were kept costumes. Inklings may have made it but they kind of stand out more then the others so it’s understandable
To be fair these characters were all Mii Fighter costumes and I feel have some chance to get in based on their gaming icon status and demand:

Isabelle
Heihachi
Zero
King K. Rool (Though I could see Dixie before him since Sakurai tends to focus on people in use and with a future, but he did well in the ballot for sure)
Chrom (He's least likely considering his public shaming last time and the fact the FE series has kinda moved on from him.)
Lloyd
KK Slider (If anyone other than Nook or Isabelle get in from AC it's probably him.)
Toad
Geno (Though I believe if Square Enix were to get a second rep it'd be from another series and not him.)
Takamaru (Good old school rep.)
Tails
Knuckles

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ah, right, I can't forget that Luigi's Mansion remake.

I would've preferred it for the Switch, but I'm perfectly fine with it being on the 3DS.

LM was one of the first games I ever played. Looking back, it was actually my introduction into the whole Mario universe and it's game franchise. I first got to know the underdog better than the main hero. :4luigi: Seeing the man in green and this Gamecube classic get some more love and a chance to shine anew this many years after it's release really makes me happy.

Ivander

Smash Legend

I think out of all of the Mii Costumes, the only one who probably has a decent chance at becoming playable is Heihachi, as he is one that Sakurai actually considered and if they want another Namco rep, I'm pretty sure he's the next one in line in terms of iconicness.
The ones I consider hit or miss are K. Rool and Isabelle, and the reasons are:
-K. Rool: For one, Nintendo knows he's popular, as otherwise he most likely wouldn't have gotten a detailed Rare-styled Mii costume. Also depends on how well he did in the Ballet as Nintendo said they would use the Ballet for future games. But ultimately, it's up to Sakurai whether or not he's relevant enough.
-Isabelle: She's practically become one of the series' mascots ever since her appearance in New Leaf and she's popular and well-known. But her problem comes from the fact that the series isn't exactly known for "combat" and Villager practically takes just about all of the basics and whatnot from Animal Crossing for a moveset, so making up an entirely new moveset for Isabelle different from the Villager certainly wouldn't be the easiest.

-With Chrom, it has long passed Awakening and we're slowly reaching FE16 territory, although still in FE15 relevancy, so I expect Celica or an FEHeroes character to make an appearance before him.
-Lloyd is popular among Tales fans and Nintendo fans, but he comes from a series with differing protagonists like Fire Emblem and there are other protagonists certainly more popular than him like Yuri. And let's be honest, they probably added Lloyd as a Mii Costume due to the fact that Mii Swordfighter has alot of Tales of-inspired moves.
-Geno I can't see happening, as it probably took enough hard work to get Cloud in. IIRC, Sakurai was interested in him, but decided he would fit as a Mii Gunner costume just fine.
-Takamaru's main issue is his relative unknown-ness. And while his game did manage to come overseas on the 3DS and he got some spotlight from Nintendoland and Smash Bros., the Wii U's scarcity certainly didn't help people's overall awareness of him.
-Zero, Tails and Knuckles...yeah, I don't see them getting in anytime soon.

Edit: Oh frick, that's right. Monster Hunter too. Considering how much the 3DS and Monster Hunter went hand-in-hand together and how MH has been getting popular lately, I guess Monster Hunter could have a chance if they decide to add a 3rd Capcom character. I mean, Capcom's most iconic have already gotten into Smash, being Megaman and Ryu, so if they add a 3rd Capcom character, I feel the next Capcom character will definitely be more around overall popularity and relevancy rather than iconic-ness.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
To be fair these characters were all Mii Fighter costumes and I feel have some chance to get in based on their gaming icon status and demand:

Isabelle
Heihachi
Zero
King K. Rool (Though I could see Dixie before him since Sakurai tends to focus on people in use and with a future, but he did well in the ballot for sure)
Chrom (He's least likely considering his public shaming last time and the fact the FE series has kinda moved on from him.)
Lloyd
KK Slider (If anyone other than Nook or Isabelle get in from AC it's probably him.)
Toad
Geno (Though I believe if Square Enix were to get a second rep it'd be from another series and not him.)
Takamaru (Good old school rep.)
Tails
Knuckles
Lloyd Irving is the only one here who should be playable.

You forgot about the Monster Hunter.

Also if Miis return I definitely expect armour based off Skyrim and Dark Souls as outfits.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965

Yeah pretty Much, Takamaru was pretty close, the fact that they made him a new model and gave him a voice actor as well has a remix from his game is proof of that.

Isabelle could be a semi clone but i'm not too sure.
Geno is a maybe is Sakurai see's all the support he had over the years.
K.Rool still not being in is odd and the fact that they gave him a Mii Fighter based on his old design must mean something.
Chrom is still pretty popular is if Sakurai is up to it.

The others are fair game.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Lloyd Irving is the only one here who should be playable.

You forgot about the Monster Hunter.

Also if Miis return I definitely expect armour based off Skyrim and Dark Souls as outfits.
Lloyd is the one who I want the least oddly enough.

Monster Hunter just blew up for real. So there's a chance, but I can't see it getting a third party rep just yet. Don't see Capcom getting another one this go around anyways.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I really do think people are sleeping on Isabelle's chances when it comes to Smash Switch. She's among the most likely additions IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom