• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm interested to see if Spring-Man will be in, and if his playstyle will incorporate the different ARMS in any meaningful way.

As it is, I could see him as the game's Dhalsim at least.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just had a crazy idea for how to reveal Cloud's return and do a potential new-comer in one trailer.

Cloud is walking through the Gold Saucer. Looking for his party members. God damn it Tifa and Aerith where'd you go. He stops at a booth to look at some amusing toys you can win. When something whizzes past and catches his attention. Looked like a star.

He gives chase and it crashes right into another bundle of carnival prizes and toys. Just as he recovers he looks up in the air in even more shock. The Smash fireball. Outsteps Rosalina, Mario, Peach, and Bowser. He stands to approach them, when from out behind him a wooden carnival toy has come to life.

Geno. They look into the Smash Fireball together. End trailer.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Edit: I am 100% fine with Isabelle in Smash in Switch. I am excited to see what move-set she would have, and I agree that only Villager representing the Animal Crossing series is dangerous.
Imma cut your electricity again, Opo
Are you going to do it Wright away?

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Edit: I am 100% fine with Isabelle in Smash in Switch. I am excited to see what move-set she would have, and I agree that only Villager representing the Animal Crossing series is dangerous.
What did I miss? Why is he dangerous?
Isabelle better NOT be in Smash.

Do you honestly expect me to be okay with hitting Isabelle?

DO YOU?!
I'll hit Isabelle for you

i like her brother more anyway

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I do agree that public works project and various "clumsy secretary" moves could make a fun Smash moveset for Isabelle, but guys, what about Tom Nook?

No one said they'd cut your power, right?

Because if so, I WILL!
Tom Nook is nowhere near close to Isabelle's popularity, he's just a minor meme(born from a misconception about him that I really hate).
Isabelle got into MK8 and has essentially become AC's face.

And honestly? Isabelle's addition would be the best because it would be the most pure thing in the entire world and Sakurai won't be able to make her creepy like Villager.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I do agree that public works project and various "clumsy secretary" moves could make a fun Smash moveset for Isabelle, but guys, what about Tom Nook?
No, Zipper. Aka the rabbit that isnt a rabbit at all.
My sister notised that his mouth doesnt move when He talks I think plus that zipper is a dead givaway that he aint no rabbit
won't be able to make her creepy like Villager
He wont have too because the internet will do that for him and has many times

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Thing is, for a Switch game to happen this year, they have to be breaking one of two precedents:

1. Only changing systems at the start of a new generation

Or

2. Starting a new generation after no earlier than three years.

I think way too many people are assuming the latter is inconsequential. Sun and Moon already got a lot of flak for feeling rushed at points, new ideas and mons and mechanics take time to refine, and it makes sense that they'd need three years for that. And now suddenly this game must mean they're jumping the gun with all of that and starting Gen 8 after just two? I'm very skeptical.

From a developer standpoint, I think it's more likely that they're moving to the Switch mid-generation rather than starting a new one a year earlier than they've ever changed generations before just for the sake of avoiding the former.
Here's the thing about that, I doubt they'd jump, cause again Game Freak doesn't like locking players in a current Gen from the older games in that Gen, its pretty much the reasoning, which I referenced, as to why Black 2 and White 2 were on the DS.

Why would a Fire Emblem Direct have to show story spoilers? Shadows of Valentia was revealed in one, and didn't spoil anything there.
Well, see thing is, with most Fire Emblem games, the base gameplay is relatively the same, so if they stick to the classic gameplay, with the various nuances each installment adds, I'm not sure there'd be enough for a stand alone Direct, without spoiling some major stuff from the games.

That's another thing: he's only done four trials so far. The anime's doing an arc based around the Ultra Beasts right now, and it certainly seems like they're plotting things out as if they still have another year and a half to work with rather than just half a year.
So their not rushing things? That's good.

Speaking of which, the anime's also the reason I've been going against the grain with Pokémon newcomer talk. We have so many people assuming Decidueye is the only real choice, but Ash's signature mon this time around isn't even a starter.

Far as I'm concerned, that kind of prominence + basically being the Lucario archetype of Gen 7 = an invite to the short list of being considered for Smash, and having earth-based powers no one else on the roster has makes for a compelling choice.

Not to knock Decidueye, though; I honestly think they could both make it.
I'm not sure about Lycanroc would be able to get in, since its usually movies that get Pokemon the bump they need, to get into Smash. And you know I get the slight feeling some people think Decidueye will happen to complete the starter triangle, while I think it would be neat if this happens, I'm not really sure about that, cause that's not something Sakurai would be looking for.

Also something I could see hurting Decidueye, is if Ash's Rowlet doesn't evolve to its final stage, and well we all know about patterns and all that, but Ash seems to only ever get his fire starters to be fully evolved, so there's precedent that his Rowlet won't evolve to its final evolution

I have a question that is out of nowhere, what do you prefer? The old beta Luigi game over or the actual game over in Luigi's mansion? Just asked that because Luigi's Mansion for the 3DS is coming.
New one, I don't think any Mario game should ever have that dark an ending, it just doesn't fit Mario, dark themes are fine, but actual dark tone for Mario just feels off.

I think the former would be more likely to be broken.

The thing is we know GF does do conceptual development early on as it was outright confirmed XY started after BW and SM is implied to have started after XY with the Souvenir. We also know Ohmori did the last minute things like trials pretty much by himself, which may imply even more that most of GF's staff was getting tied up with the Switch project. So theoretically GF could've devoted enough time and resources to the game while developing SM so that once SM was completed they could shift their focus and finalize the new game by either late 2018 or early 2019. Another thing we have to consider is that Nintendo/TCPi are all aware that new generations are the biggest sellers in the franchise, with even the lowest selling one outselling the highest selling remake/sequel, so it would make more sense from a business standpoint to make their first game on the Switch (which they hope to sell 20 million more) a new generation since that's what will bring the most attention to the games and the system.

By comparison, the three year generation has never been a hard rule. Gen 3 and 4 for instance were four years before 5 came along (with many similarly saying it'd be four years before XY was revealed). Additionally, SM and USUM were released rather close together by third version standards (offhand, only B2W2 was released close to a year after it's initial set, and only internationally), so they could've intended for Gen 7 to be a shorter generation.
So Trails were just a quick substitute for Gyms? Uh, neat.

Theoretically they could, they rushed through the Aether and Akaka Island arcs at a rather brisk pace, so theoretically they can speed it up very soon depending on what their plans are.

Also, each trial and grand trial takes about an episode, and the dragon one was done previously. So we just need to get three more trials (two if they don't adapt the Fairy one) and two Grand trials to move things forward, which is about a month to get through things.
Well they could, rushing through the trials could hurt the pacing, and leave Ash's friends in Alola without a lot of character devlopment.

It will be nice of they announce Xenoblade Chronicles X port....
I'd rather have a sequel honestly

GUESS WHO JUST USED HIS LAST FIVE ORBS AND GOT PALADIN CHROM.

GUESS WHO CAN FINALLY TAKE CLIVE OFF HIS HORSE EMBLEM TEAM.

BOTH ANSWERS ARE ME.
Wait, what? This doesn't make any sense. The RNG Gods were kind to you?!! This I just can't understand, this is impossible!!

What did you do to make them favour?!! Who did you sacrifice? What dark God did you bargain with? What ancient forbidden magic did you use!?? TELL ME, Opossum Opossum DAMNIT!!

I personally think Dreamcast guy is such a whiner and Jim the gun when it comes to "kill 3ds"

And once again, I do agree that Nintendo should drop 3ds,but hey, it will happen sooner or later, not to mention New 2ds XL just came out not ever a year...

I think once Pokémon Switch and Fire Emblem Switch comes out, and 3ds starts to have sales decline significantly, then I agree they should drop 3ds.
Smash is already the first sign, so. . That's that

So what do everybody think? Are you okay 3ds still getting games? Or you were pissed and demand Nintendo to kill 3ds immediately?

Just so funny how we used to rant how Nintendo drops system quickly.... Like they drop GBA after DS came out...
But then again Nintendo didn't drop GameCube right after Wii's release until 2008,so here's a track record for you to check.
Actually there's precedent for Console manufactures to keep supporting their old consoles for the first few years of that consoles successor, case and point: the DS and 3DS, the PS1 and PS2, the Super Nintendo and N64, and the Xbox and 360.

The real reason we need all 3 Xenoblade protags in Smash.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I always cringe when Americans attempt any British accent, it just sounds really out of place.

Yo there was one time where the batteries of many clocks died nearly at the same day, so when I tried to look at the time for something I saw one saying 5:35 another 9:28, another 3:06 and so on... it felt confusing as ****
Huh, did you feel like a time travel? Or where you trying to stop time for forgetting about you?

My thing with the 3DS is. Outside of it's cheaper price point and built in library.

It makes no sense alongside the Switch. Your first portable home console attempting to get as many of the major titles on it as possible.

It's also getting Fire Emblem, Pokemon and probably eventually an Animal Crossing game. The Nintendo IPs that probably do best on portable systems.

Outside of loyalty to their old model of operating. It just seems physically strange to keep making games for the 3DS. Making games you're making for the 3DS for the Switch would practically make Switch an even bigger force to reckon with.
Actually keeping the 3DS going for a while can help those who haven't jump to Switch yet, cause it helps build loyalty, plus it allows for you to make money from your more cash strapped fans, like Me.

To be fair these characters were all Mii Fighter costumes and I feel have some chance to get in based on their gaming icon status and demand:

Isabelle
Heihachi
Zero
King K. Rool (Though I could see Dixie before him since Sakurai tends to focus on people in use and with a future, but he did well in the ballot for sure)
Chrom (He's least likely considering his public shaming last time and the fact the FE series has kinda moved on from him.)
Lloyd
KK Slider (If anyone other than Nook or Isabelle get in from AC it's probably him.)
Toad
Geno (Though I believe if Square Enix were to get a second rep it'd be from another series and not him.)
Takamaru (Good old school rep.)
Tails
Knuckles
I'm not really sure I want Isabelle to jump to playable, now guys don't get me wrong, I'd love if she did, it's just her role as an Assist Trophy fits so well to me, cause in Animal Crossing, she's the Mayor's assistant and she assists the player in Smash.

Yeah pretty Much, Takamaru was pretty close, the fact that they made him a new model and gave him a voice actor as well has a remix from his game is proof of that.

Isabelle could be a semi clone but i'm not too sure.
Geno is a maybe is Sakurai see's all the support he had over the years.
K.Rool still not being in is odd and the fact that they gave him a Mii Fighter based on his old design must mean something.
Chrom is still pretty popular is if Sakurai is up to it.

The others are fair game.
Did Takamaru already have a voice actor, from his side mode that was added in Dynasty Warriors? So its not like they auditioned people for the role.

I really do think people are sleeping on Isabelle's chances when it comes to Smash Switch. She's among the most likely additions IMO.
Opossum, you really should let sleeping dogs lie :troll:

I actually wanted to talk about this, because the problem for isn't that the 3DS is getting new games, but the kind of "new" games is getting. Let me explain.

In the last direct, we got several 3DS games, and Detective Pikachu was the only true new game of the bunch. Wario Ware Gold is a compilation (I think, don't really remember), Luigi 's mansion is using the assets from Luigi's Mansion 2, and the same happens with Mario & Luigi (this one is even worse because they've used the very same assets from Dream Team for 3 other games, which it's too much in my opinion). And, last year we also got USUM, that also used almost everything from SM (to me it seemed like a copy paste to be honest).

I would be fine if the 3DS got games late in his life-span with the quality of Shadows of Valentia or Samus Returns (even though they are both remakes and might fall into the same as the games listed above). The fact that they are releasing this kind of games to me is just so they can say that they're still supporting the 3DS, even though they're obviously centered on the Switch. I don't blame them, and for those who enjoy the 3DS and still want to play whatever they make on the system, good for you. I personally would rather have the system die than giving them low effort games (not saying that this games have no effort, but compared to a fleshed out new game...), but that's just my take on the situation.

Either way, I said Shadows of Valentia was going to be the last game I bought for the 3DS, and so far it's no lie.
Unless Capcom localized Dai Gyakuten Saiban, in which case I'll be buying the hell of those two games. But it's Capcom, It ain't happening.
Wasn't the Dillion game, a new game? Just a new installment in the series.

Even as someone who doesn't even enjoy Animal Crossing, to say the Villager "represents everything" is pretty disingenuous.

Isabelle's style would likely involve minor stage terraforming through enacting ordinances and building public works projects, using cute, clumsy attacks like setting off a party popper or accidentally knocking over a comically large stack of paperwork, and maybe tossing leaves that transform into heavy furniture since she had a major role in Happy Home Designer iirc.

If I had to give an analogue of some sort, she'd be somewhat close to Smash's answer to UMvC3's Phoenix Wright.
Huh, that's actually a good way for her to playable, and show of her actual in game role in New Leaf.

Isabelle better NOT be in Smash.

Do you honestly expect me to be okay with hitting Isabelle?

DO YOU?!
So your fine with beating up abused clones, traumatised children, orphans and kidnapping victims?

If you wondering who I mean my orphans, I'm referring to Link

Is that implying that you're okay with hitting Lucas, even with that wholesome smile of his?
Wholesome? Isn't that smile fake? Considering

His mother's dead, his twin brother is missing, and was turned into a emotionless robot, and is father isn't giving him the emotional support he needs

Lucas is at LEAST combat savvy so I'm use to him being hurt. He also grew up playing rough with baby dragons.

Isabelle has done nothing wrong.

You all are a bunch of dirty puppy punchers and you should be ashamed. :drflip:
You know Lucas is actually the parties healer in his game right? Plus playing rough isn't really getting dangerously physical though is it .

They already beat up children, why would anyone here be bothered about adding dogs to the list? :troll:

Well...in Japan, it was three years. Gold and Silver released in 1999, Ruby and Sapphire in 2002. Things got muddled a bit everywhere else because it took until '98 for the first gen to come out worldwide.
Huh, Gen 3 came out 3 years after 2? Neat.

Thing is...much of your argument involves theoreticals. Game Freak has multiple teams, so maybe they put one team on Gen 8 while Gen 7 was still in production. Speculators were caught off guard with a three year generation when they expected a four year cycle, so maybe it could happen now with a two year one. While it could happen, we should not assume it will until we have reason to believe it. We're best off looking at the evidence we have right now and predicting based on that, and then altering our predictions when we learn anything new.

Well, I'm sure Game Freak always has a team working on the next Pokemon, like how Nintendo always has a group of devs working on a new Mario and Zelda at all times. I'm pretty sure Game Freak may still be working on the engine for Gen 8 for the Switch.

But again, just because they could rush through the rest of the trials with a snap of the writers' fingers, it doesn't mean we should assume they will without any proof. Considering right now they're doing a mix of Ultra Beast stuff and character building filler, and seeing how the anime has yet to introduce Nanu, Hapu, the Ultra Recon Squad, or even freaking Guzma, the evidence points more toward the Alola saga not wrapping up within the next six months.
Are you sure the Ultra Recon Squad could happen in the anime? Weren't they something distinctly made for the games?

What did I miss? Why is he dangerous?

I'll hit Isabelle for you

i like her brother more anyway
Isabelle has a brother? What does he look like.

Also, this is just me, more this site could use a few more emojis, so I can convey a wider range of emotions, with a quick short hand image.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Alright, FEH talk.

There's a skill I'm really thinking of giving to my VaLyntine; Desperation. It could work extremely well on her due to her really good 43 speed (which can be further boosted by armor buffs) so I can't help but think it would suit her perfectly.

But the thing is, my only source for that skill is a 4-star Navarre. Is he good enough to keep? Should I immediately use 20k feathers to have Desperation 3 or wait for a Shanna to show up since I only have 25k? Is there anything that would be better for Lyn?

Waiting for your answers.

Tom Nook is nowhere near close to Isabelle's popularity, he's just a minor meme(born from a misconception about him that I really hate).
Isabelle got into MK8 and has essentially become AC's face.

And honestly? Isabelle's addition would be the best because it would be the most pure thing in the entire world and Sakurai won't be able to make her creepy like Villager.
I mean, Villager was also cute before the memes, so I wouldn't be surprised if some "Isabelle has rabies" memes pop up if she's in Smash :p

No, Zipper. Aka the rabbit that isnt a rabbit at all.
My sister notised that his mouth doesnt move when He talks I think plus that zipper is a dead givaway that he aint no rabbit
:laugh:

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I mean, Villager was also cute before the memes, so I wouldn't be surprised if some "Isabelle has rabies" memes pop up if she's in Smash :p
I think there is a video of her going crazy or ****ing up the town because the mayor was out of town for a while

Turns out at the end of the video" she was following under Karl Marx

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Heyo
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Definetly NOT propaganda
*vanishes*
Im just excited about owning a support thread ok

Last edited by a moderator:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Digby, basicly a brown her( considering they are twins in a way) with freckles
Did you mean to put that 2nd quote in there? Cause I didn't say that.

I think there is a video of her going crazy or ****ing up the town because the mayor was out of town for a while

Turns out at the end of the video" she was following under Karl Marx
Oh yeah, I remember that video.

Isabelle is realy awful on her own :laugh:
You know, I've kind of always had the headcanon that the player is just the figurehead, and Isabelle is the one who actually gets **** done, cause all you really do is choose and stamp what gets made, otherwise you don't really do any other mayoral work.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm going to be honest here...Isabelle's cute and all, and I know she's a hugely popular character from a hugely popular franchise...

But I don't find her very appealing as a Smash fighter....Not saying I don't see her as having a chance in making it in or that I don't see her as having decent potential for a moveset, I just don't see the appeal in making her a fighter...

Just being honest...

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'd rather have a sequel honestly
I aware the ending of X was a cliffhanger but with how Xenoblade Chronicles is now like how Final Fantasy is where they make a different world and story with some references. I can see them porting Xenoblade Chronicles X and call it Xenoblade Chronicles X+, where they refined the system mechanics, including new mechanics, quests, and able to tweak audio and difficulty just like in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and have an additional story after the initial ending of the original game. In my opinion this is way more efficient than making an entire new game/sequel.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You know, I've kind of always had the headcanon that the player is just the figurehead, and Isabelle is the one who actually gets **** done, cause all you really do is choose and stamp what gets made, otherwise you don't really do any other mayoral work.
I mean... you're not wrong. But then again, you still do more than the previous mayor. :p

Sorry, Tortimer.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Actually there's precedent for Console manufactures to keep supporting their old consoles for the first few years of that consoles successor, case and point: the DS and 3DS, the PS1 and PS2, the Super Nintendo and N64, and the Xbox and 360.
DS didn't stop until 2012...I think after Black 2 and White 2.

PS2 was really the extraordinary case... It has been in manufacture for over a decade. Not to mention Sony was losing money mostly with PS3 during its life cycle.

So at the bare bare minimum I think 2019 would be the end of 3ds... Likely in the mid 2019.

I mean check out this video, PS2, DS Xbox 360 weren't the only consoles that refuses to die, and Nintendo actually has consoles that still got games that are longer than we expected.

By the way, please don't make the same bad habit as I was before... By quoting many quotes and make it very long...
This doesn't violate the forum rules (I think), but still something I need to point out because I used to get unfairly bashed for making my stuffing many quotes in a single post, even though the reason they pointed out at the time was just because they simply tried to counter on my opinion when it comes to Xenoblade....
But they weren't wrong when it comes to quoting multiple quotes, but making a long essay I don't that should be something to be call out, just saying guys.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
By the way, please don't make the same bad habit as I was before... By quoting many quotes and make it very long...
This doesn't violate the forum rules (I think), but still something I need to point out because I used to get unfairly bashed for making my stuffing many quotes in a single post, even though the reason they pointed out at the time was just because they simply tried to counter on my opinion when it comes to Xenoblade....
But they weren't wrong when it comes to quoting multiple quotes, but making a long essay I don't that should be something to be call out, just saying guys.
Or, y'know, use spoiler tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom