• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Having no Once More in a KH final boss is problematic.

I mean I could go back and Meld it but I'm at the final phase so why bother.

EDIT: Nvm I give up.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
WWE out here giving us some fine *** plot once again

Topless Bliss and now Mandy Rose...Becky gonna find out and murder some blondes

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Rey Mysterio and Andrade (Cien Almas) had another show stopper again

KMDP

Smash Legend
In the light of Dragon Ball FighterZ Season 2 probably on the horizon. I've decided to put some thought into characters who could show up in said season.

Why? Because I have a lot of time on my hands and love Dragon Ball, that's why.
Master Roshi
Master Roshi is interesting. He has a lot of unique techniques he could use: the MAX Power Form (and the Kamehameha that comes with it), the Bankoku Bikkuri Shou, the Sleepy Boy Technique and the Mafuba; however, the biggest issue with him is his inability to fly (even by the time of Super, he can't do it), this would mean that he can't use the Super Dash.​
An inability to use the Super Dash, something everyone else can do, would immediately make Master Roshi unique, especially if you balanced him around this weakness.​
All three of the Bankoku Bikkuri Shou, Sleepy Boy Technique and the Mafuba are techniques designed to lock down the movement of the enemy (electrocution, sleep and sealing; respectively). The Mafuba would make for a great "All-Or-Nothing" technique, when you use it, you have to direct the enemy into the Mafuba jar, success will mean that that character will be immediately removed from the match, failure means Master Roshi's death.​
He could even have an install (a transformation for people unfamiliar with FG terminology) in the form of the MAX Power mode.​
Kid Goku (Dragon Ball)
Kid Goku has a similar fault to Master Roshi, he can't fly, or more specifically, he can't use Bukujutsu (the kind of flight now common to Dragon Ball), he can hover using his tail (done in the 21st World Martial Arts Tournament) and has the Nimbus. The Nimbus would certainly make for an... interesting Super Dash, that's for sure.​
As for Goku's tools, he has the Power Pole, the Nimbus and (possibly) his tail (depending on the version of Kid Goku they want to use). He has very few unique techniques, only the Jan Ken and Kamehameha are worth mentioning; you could also include the "Pierce!" attack (the "move" he killed King Piccolo with), and maybe the Great Ape form, but that's about it.​
Now, it sounds like I'm downing Kid Goku, but I think the Power Pole could really work in his favour for visual uniqueness (especially if he uses it for most of his attacks). Also, ArcSys could make his Double Jump the hover he used in the 21s WMAT, which would give him a unique kind of aerial mobility.​
The Jan Ken could be an attack that allows you to choose one of three effects while you're attacking with it, what those effects would be... IDK.​
Kid Goku (GT)
What more can I say, he'd probably play like a miniature version of Super Saiyan Goku... and to be honest, I don't think anyone wants that, mostly because he'd be a pain to fight against.​
(Teen/Adult) Chi-Chi
Chi-Chi is... tough, to say the least. She doesn't fight much, but what little fighting she does do in the series can give you an idea of the kind of style she uses (Tai Chi, for those interested). She uses a lot of open-palm strikes and kicks, all of which are fairly quick.​
One interesting wrinkle is that the one time Teen/Adult Chi-Chi ever showed up in playable form in a Fighting Game, she used the Power Pole, Nimbus and the Bansho Fan, this means that a lot of what can be said for Goku regarding the PP and Nimbus can also be said for Chi-Chi.​
Considering that Chi-Chi can't use Ki, the Bansho fan would be an interesting way to give her projectile attacks, especially if they draw on the actual Chinese lore for the item, where the more you use it in succession the more intense the wind it causes gets.​
Kid Gohan
This version of Gohan is a surprising omission from the roster as it already is, though the reason is probably a thing I alluded to in the GT Goku comment, competitive fighting games tend to avoid characters who are significantly smaller than the rest of the cast (Teen Gohan, Gotenks Kid Buu are probably the limit they'd be willing to go in terms of shortness), because large characters struggle to hit them, in non-competitive fighting games (like the Budokai series), such things aren't an issue. In extreme cases, such characters become the dominant force of the meta (see: Akamaru in the Gekitou Ninja Taisen games).​
Ignoring the size difference, Gohan has some unique things that neither of the other Gohan variants use; such as "Hidden Potential" and "Wild Rush Blaster".​
Something unique Gohan could do is a "Rage" mechanic, similar to Base Goku's comeback mechanic; here's the idea, if Kid Gohan is the first character to come out after a team death, he could get a big power boost.​
Videl
Videl is a common request among Western Fans (I'm not sure about Japanese Fans), it's possible ArcSys are listening; ArcSys mentioned that they didn't want to do joke characters (they were specifically talking about Mister Satan in that context), but unlike most of the other "weak" characters, Videl is actually able to fly and use Ki (even if she doesn't do either particularly well, but you can work this into her unique flair).​
Videl is a common fixture in other Dragon Ball fighting games these days, and has a lot of unique moves (e.g. Eagle Kick, Desperado Rush and Hawk Arrow, among many, many others); as I mentioned before she's not particularly good at using Ki offensively, which you could represent with weak and/or slow blasts, which could be useful to harass or as mines.​
I imagine her as being somewhat like Hit, a character who focuses mostly on close-range combat and doesn't really have a lot in the way of ranged techniques. Maybe she could be a particularly strong, but simple character in this regard (like a Little Mac type, to equivocate to Smash).​
Gogeta (Super Saiyan) or Gogeta (SSGSS)
This is probably a matter of time, to be honest. While one unfamiliar with the finer points of Dragon Ball might consider this fusion redundant considering we already have Vegito, Gogeta actually has his own selection of moves to pull, such as the Soul Punisher, and the Big Bang Kamehameha (although it originated with SS4 Gogeta, it is often also given to Super Saiyan Gogeta in the games).​
Regardless, Gogeta will probably be rather similar to Vegito (even if he isn't as kick focused), though it'd be neat if he had SS4 Gogeta's Fake-Out Kamehameha. :laugh:
Not having seen DB Super: Broly, I can't really talk in depth about what Gogeta does in it, though he does have that cool Arm Cross attack he uses in the trailers.​
Cell (Imperfect Form)
Imperfect Cell could be a fun character to have. I'll start with the obvious thing, his tail could make for a good HP Drain ability, other than that, they could play up his "He uses other peoples attacks" things by having him do just that, even down to the moves' mechanical natures (like perfectly mimicking how the Special Beam Cannon works, for instance).​
Janemba
Outside of Broly and Cooler, who are already in, this is probably the only villain from the original movie run worth putting in.​
He's got some unique tools, like his giant Sword and particle teleportation, but other than that, he's not got a lot to talk about.​
Kefla (Super Saiyan 2)
Since Kefla is relatively new (and only has one battle to her name), it's difficult to talk about her; but I will say one thing, the Ray Blast technique (her penultimate attack in the Tournament of Power), would be absolutely crazy, especially if it's a 3-5 Bar which can be followed up with the Gigantic Burst technique, as she used it in the show.​
IntSys might have to make some stuff up for her, but I kind of really want them to. :laugh:
Jiren
Hmm... Jiren... He fights quite a lot in Super, which would probably give IntSys a fair bit to work with regarding moveset.​
I imagine him playing into the image of him being a "boring" character, and being very simple to play, with a very "orthodox" fighting style. In the series he's a surprisingly fast character for his size and strength; he'd probably be the last character to get released, he might even be one who is deliberately OP.​
Goku (Ultra Instinct)
Yay! More Gokus! This is one which is hard to visualise as a playable character (because of the abilities at play), but it could work.​
Thinking about it, this version of Goku might be one that is particularly good at counter-attacking; requiring good prediction to get the most out of him, you could have the Imperfect Instinct Kamehameha as a counter to other Beam-type Supers, for example.​
Eh... I'm just throwing stuff at the wall at this point.​
Goku (Super Saiyan 4), Majin Vegeta and Vegeta (Super Saiyan 4)
I decided to pair these three because there's not a lot to be said regarding them that doesn't apply to the others. They'd probably be similar to their other counterparts, the main difference would be in the Special attacks (10x Kamehameha and Dragon Fist for Goku, Final Impact and Final Explosion for Majin Vegeta and Final Shine Attack for SS4 Vegeta).​
...Maybe Majin Vegeta would be more "brutal" than regular Vegeta, but... isn't that what Vegeta (Scouter) is for?​
Baby Vegeta
This is the last character I'll talk about, since I'm tired and kinda running out of steam (can you tell?)​
Baby Vegeta is inherently going to be similar to the other Vegeta variants, but he does have his own unique stuff, the most apparent being the Revenge Death Ball; he also has a technique called Variant Drive, which is unique to him, the technique involves a rush attack that either ends with a knee to the gut or a blast of ki, which could inform his playstyle, maybe?​
I could also talk about Omega Shenron, but Baby Vegeta is the most iconic Dragon Ball GT villain, they;'d more than likely pick him.​
...Phew, this took me well over an hour to write.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
In the light of Dragon Ball FighterZ Season 2 probably on the horizon. I've decided to put some thought into characters who could show up in said season.

Master Roshi
Master Roshi is interesting. He has a lot of unique techniques he could use: the MAX Power Form (and the Kamehameha that comes with it), the Bankoku Bikkuri Shou, the Sleepy Boy Technique and the Mafuba; however, the biggest issue with him is his inability to fly (even by the time of Super, he can't do it), this would mean that he can't use the Super Dash.​
An inability to use the Super Dash, something everyone else can do, would immediately make Master Roshi unique, especially if you balanced him around this weakness.​
All three of the Bankoku Bikkuri Shou, Sleepy Boy Technique and the Mafuba are techniques designed to lock down the movement of the enemy (electrocution, sleep and sealing; respectively). The Mafuba would make for a great "All-Or-Nothing" technique, when you use it, you have to direct the enemy into the Mafuba jar, success will mean that that character will be immediately removed from the match, failure means Master Roshi's death.​
He could even have an install (a transformation for people unfamiliar with FG terminology) in the form of the MAX Power mode.​
Kid Goku (Dragon Ball)
Kid Goku has a similar fault to Master Roshi, he can't fly, or more specifically, he can't use Bukujutsu (the kind of flight now common to Dragon Ball), he can hover using his tail (done in the 21st World Martial Arts Tournament) and has the Nimbus. The Nimbus would certainly make for an... interesting Super Dash, that's for sure.​
As for Goku's tools, he has the Power Pole, the Nimbus and (possibly) his tail (depending on the version of Kid Goku they want to use). He has very few unique techniques, only the Jan Ken and Kamehameha are worth mentioning; you could also include the "Pierce!" attack (the "move" he killed King Piccolo with), and maybe the Great Ape form, but that's about it.​
Now, it sounds like I'm downing Kid Goku, but I think the Power Pole could really work in his favour for visual uniqueness (especially if he uses it for most of his attacks). Also, ArcSys could make his Double Jump the hover he used in the 21s WMAT, which would give him a unique kind of aerial mobility.​
The Jan Ken could be an attack that allows you to choose one of three effects while you're attacking with it, what those effects would be... IDK.​
Kid Goku (GT)
What more can I say, he'd probably play like a miniature version of Super Saiyan Goku... and to be honest, I don't think anyone wants that, mostly because he'd be a pain to fight against.​
(Teen/Adult) Chi-Chi
Chi-Chi is... tough, to say the least. She doesn't fight much, but what little fighting she does do in the series can give you an idea of the kind of style she uses (Tai Chi, for those interested). She uses a lot of open-palm strikes and kicks, all of which are fairly quick.​
One interesting wrinkle is that the one time Teen/Adult Chi-Chi ever showed up in playable form in a Fighting Game, she used the Power Pole, Nimbus and the Bansho Fan, this means that a lot of what can be said for Goku regarding the PP and Nimbus can also be said for Chi-Chi.​
Considering that Chi-Chi can't use Ki, the Bansho fan would be an interesting way to give her projectile attacks, especially if they draw on the actual Chinese lore for the item, where the more you use it in succession the more intense the wind it causes gets.​
Kid Gohan
This version of Gohan is a surprising omission from the roster as it already is, though the reason is probably a thing I alluded to in the GT Goku comment, competitive fighting games tend to avoid characters who are significantly smaller than the rest of the cast (Teen Gohan, Gotenks Kid Buu are probably the limit they'd be willing to go in terms of shortness), because large characters struggle to hit them, in non-competitive fighting games (like the Budokai series), such things aren't an issue. In extreme cases, such characters become the dominant force of the meta (see: Akamaru in the Gekitou Ninja Taisen games).​
Ignoring the size difference, Gohan has some unique things that neither of the other Gohan variants use; such as "Hidden Potential" and "Wild Rush Blaster".​
Something unique Gohan could do is a "Rage" mechanic, similar to Base Goku's comeback mechanic; here's the idea, if Kid Gohan is the first character to come out after a team death, he could get a big power boost.​
Videl
Videl is a common request among Western Fans (I'm not sure about Japanese Fans), it's possible ArcSys are listening; ArcSys mentioned that they didn't want to do joke characters (they were specifically talking about Mister Satan in that context), but unlike most of the other "weak" characters, Videl is actually able to fly and use Ki (even if she doesn't do either particularly well, but you can work this into her unique flair).​
Videl is a common fixture in other Dragon Ball fighting games these days, and has a lot of unique moves (e.g. Eagle Kick, Desperado Rush and Hawk Arrow, among many, many others); as I mentioned before she's not particularly good at using Ki offensively, which you could represent with weak and/or slow blasts, which could be useful to harass or as mines.​
I imagine her as being somewhat like Hit, a character who focuses mostly on close-range combat and doesn't really have a lot in the way of ranged techniques. Maybe she could be a particularly strong, but simple character in this regard (like a Little Mac type, to equivocate to Smash).​
This is probably a matter of time, to be honest. While one unfamiliar with the finer points of Dragon Ball might consider this fusion redundant considering we already have Vegito, Gogeta actually has his own selection of moves to pull, such as the Soul Punisher, and the Big Bang Kamehameha (although it originated with SS4 Gogeta, it is often also given to Super Saiyan Gogeta in the games).​
Regardless, Gogeta will probably be rather similar to Vegito (even if he isn't as kick focused), though it'd be neat if he had SS4 Gogeta's Fake-Out Kamehameha. :laugh:
Not having seen DB Super: Broly, I can't really talk in depth about what Gogeta does in it, though he does have that cool Arm Cross attack he uses in the trailers.​
Cell (Imperfect Form)
Imperfect Cell could be a fun character to have. I'll start with the obvious thing, his tail could make for a good HP Drain ability, other than that, they could play up his "He uses other peoples attacks" things by having him do just that, even down to the moves' mechanical natures (like perfectly mimicking how the Special Beam Cannon works, for instance).​
Janemba
Outside of Broly and Cooler, who are already in, this is probably the only villain from the original movie run worth putting in.​
He's got some unique tools, like his giant Sword and particle teleportation, but other than that, he's not got a lot to talk about.​
Kefla (Super Saiyan 2)
Since Kefla is relatively new (and only has one battle to her name), it's difficult to talk about her; but I will say one thing, the Ray Blast technique (her penultimate attack in the Tournament of Power), would be absolutely crazy, especially if it's a 3-5 Bar which can be followed up with the Gigantic Burst technique, as she used it in the show.​
IntSys might have to make some stuff up for her, but I kind of really want them to. :laugh:
Jiren
Hmm... Jiren... He fights quite a lot in Super, which would probably give IntSys a fair bit to work with regarding moveset.​
I imagine him playing into the image of him being a "boring" character, and being very simple to play, with a very "orthodox" fighting style. In the series he's a surprisingly fast character for his size and strength; he'd probably be the last character to get released, he might even be one who is deliberately OP.​
Goku (Ultra Instinct)
Yay! More Gokus! This is one which is hard to visualise as a playable character (because of the abilities at play), but it could work.​
Thinking about it, this version of Goku might be one that is particularly good at counter-attacking; requiring good prediction to get the most out of him, you could have the Imperfect Instinct Kamehameha as a counter to other Beam-type Supers, for example.​
I decided to pair these three because there's not a lot to be said regarding them that doesn't apply to the others. They'd probably be similar to their other counterparts, the main difference would be in the Special attacks (10x Kamehameha and Dragon Fist for Goku, Final Impact and Final Explosion for Majin Vegeta and Final Shine Attack for SS4 Vegeta).​
...Maybe Majin Vegeta would be more "brutal" than regular Vegeta, but... isn't that what Vegeta (Scouter) is for?​
Baby Vegeta
This is the last character I'll talk about, since I'm tired and kinda running out of steam (can you tell?)​
Baby Vegeta is inherently going to be similar to the other Vegeta variants, but he does have his own unique stuff, the most apparent being the Revenge Death Ball; he also has a technique called Variant Drive, which is unique to him, the technique involves a rush attack that either ends with a knee to the gut or a blast of ki, which could inform his playstyle, maybe?​
I could also talk about Omega Shenron, but Baby Vegeta is the most iconic Dragon Ball GT villain, they;'d more than likely pick him.​
I'd also like to throw in World Tournament Chi Chi from Super Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball, Raditz from Dragon Ball Z, and Adult Future Trunks from Dragon Ball Super.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I'd also like to throw in World Tournament Chi Chi from Super Dragon Ball Z and Adult Future Trunks from Dragon Ball Super.
World Tournament Chi-Chi was the version of Chi-Chi I was talking about. :laugh:

Though I did forget to bring up Trunks, there's potential in there for a variant: whether that's Super Trunks (the Buff one), GT Trunks or Trunks (Super Saiyan Rage).

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
World Tournament Chi-Chi was the version of Chi-Chi I was talking about. :laugh:

Though I did forget to bring up Trunks, there's potential in there for a variant: whether that's Super Trunks (the Buff one), GT Trunks or Trunks (Super Saiyan Rage).
Whoops, thought you were talking about helmet Chichi.

Anyways, I'm talking about DBS Rage Trunks because he has the SWORD. OF. HOPE. and I don't want that regulated to a dramatic finish.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Whoops, thought you were talking about helmet Chichi.

Anyways, I'm talking about DBS Rage Trunks because he has the SWORD. OF. HOPE. and I don't want that regulated to a dramatic finish.
Maybe when DB FighterZ 2 comes around (and you know it will) they'll have customisable Specials, and you'll be able to switch out Heat Dome Attack with the Sword of Hope.

...Oh god, basing a whole moveset around the Sword of Hope would be crazy though.

And I'd love it.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Master Roshi
Kid Goku (Dragon Ball)
Kid Goku (GT)
(Teen/Adult) Chi-Chi
Kid Gohan
Videl
Cell (Imperfect Form)
Janemba
Kefla (Super Saiyan 2)
Jiren
Goku (Ultra Instinct)
Baby Vegeta
Where is Hercule? You know...the greatest fighter in DBZ history
I want Kale in FighterZ
Kefla instead

KMDP

Smash Legend
I want Kale in FighterZ
I'd say "Literal Girl Broly", but...

She actually grows beyond that.

Not gonna lie, though, I like both Caulifla and Kale (and Kefla by extension).
Where is Hercule? You know...the greatest fighter in DBZ history
There is a single line dedicated to Hercule's situation, hidden within the Videl paragraph.

Basically, when asked if they'd have Hercule in the game, IntSys said "No."

Maybe they changed their minds since the game was in development? I dunno.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'd say "Literal Girl Broly", but...

She actually grows beyond that.

Not gonna lie, though, I like both Caulifla and Kale (and Kefla by extension).

There is a single line dedicated to Hercule's situation, hidden within the Videl paragraph.

Basically, when asked if they'd have Hercule in the game, IntSys said "No."

Maybe they changed their minds since the game was in development? I dunno.
I actually would want berserker Kale lol

She’s pretty much Broly if he was cool.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't know anything about Dragon Ball but Jiren should've been localized to Jillian. Hire me, 4Kids.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I don't know anything about Dragon Ball but Jiren should've been localized to Jillian. Hire me, 4Kids.
Nah, Gillian.

He goes hunting for robots with a smaller robot.
(Link, for people who don't get the joke)

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yes, when we discover a time machine so we can take you to a time when 4Kids was still around, I'll let ya know...

And maybe a dimension machine too where 4Kids actually dubbed Dragon Ball

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yes, when we discover a time machine so we can take you to a time when 4Kids was still around, I'll let ya know...

And maybe a dimension machine too where 4Kids actually dubbed Dragon Ball
4Kids did have a hand in Dragon Ball, specifically Dragon Ball Kai.

It's why Blue Popo exists.

Chrono.

Never forget that 4kids almost got the rights to Naruto but backed out from fear the show wouldn't catch on.

Imagine what a world would that be.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Never forget that 4kids almost got the rights to Naruto but backed out from fear the show wouldn't catch on.

If they had the mindset going into that as they did with One Piece (i.e. they acquired it through a package deal and really didn't want to dub the series), then ho boy...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

The scary part is that in another timeline, this actually happened.

For as much crap this timeline has given us, we've been blessed on this account.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
also today was and probably the rest of this week will be very stressful and garbage and bad

:072: oh well

Chrono.

The scary part is that in another timeline, this actually happened.

For as much crap this timeline has given us, we've been blessed on this account.
But on that timeline, One Piece would've been the one to blow up in the West like Naruto did.

Then again I don't care about OP. For all it's flaws, I'd still take Naruto over it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
But on that timeline, One Piece would've been the one to blow up in the West like Naruto did.

Then again I don't care about OP. For all it's flaws, I'd still take Naruto over it.
Was 4Kids handling of OP so bad that it killed any chance of OP being mainstream in the West?

I didn't think the damage was that bad. Tho it is 4Kids who's dubs tended to suck except for the Pokemon one.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Naruto blew up in the west? Since when?

It's always been just as niche, if not more than One Piece in my experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom