• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I've always said but Araki and Toriyama are two sides of the same coin.

Both have a lot of similarities in their writing and as writers but while Toriyama plays it a bit safe and knows what works really well, Araki just goes bat**** crazy.
Araki makes **** up on the spot. He retcons designs and abilities every two chapters.

like cmon

I made this sometime early last year. It's outdated, but it changed a lot more after this as well.

speed.png

This is currently the Speed King himself.

speed weed.png

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Holy ****, guys.

You have no idea how long I've waited to see Mysterio finally show up in a movie. Ever since I played the N64 Spider-Man at least. And then they went and picked one of my all time favorite actors to play him. Add that on top of ****ing Sam Jackson coming back as Nick Fury and Michael Keaton already confirmed to return and holy **** I'm already in love with this movie.
yeah...easily topped Endgame as my most anticipated movie of 2019 out of pure bias

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I remember watching Los Caballeros del Zodiaco when I was like 5 in mornings before school.

Though I don't think it caught on that much here in Puerto Rico. I wouldn't learn the actual name of the series until I was in high school and actually got into anime.

Didn't know about the true name until I was 13, I was trying to buy a bootleg Ikki figure and I thought "Saint Seiya" was the knockoff name of the chinese toy lol.
The official merch I had before was actually named Knights of the Zodiac as I got it from shopping in Texas.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oda never forgets while Araki never remembers.
One other thing about One Piece.

I'll always credit Oda for the fact that he doesn't rely on "this guy is the strongest ever! (except not really)" or over-escalation (two traps which Dragon Ball falls into repeatedly).

There are many strong characters, and most have different strengths to others. The strongest characters aren't necessarily villains either.
The villain of any given arc is not necessarily going to be stronger or weaker than the previous one.
The villain of the Alabasta arc, Crocodile, was the strongest antagonist Luffy had faced up to that point (besides Smoker), the next villain Luffy meets is taken out in literally one punch.
The next villain is practically unbeatable*... to everyone except Luffy because his powers inherently give him an advantage over that guy. The guy after that, while he gives Luffy a decent fight, is so inconsequential most Anime-only viewers think that arc is filler.
The guy after that is technically weaker than the guy from two arcs ago, but gives Luffy such a hard fight that Luffy can't even move after it.
*(within the context of the current story at that time)
I've always said but Araki and Toriyama are two sides of the same coin.

Both have a lot of similarities in their writing and as writers but while Toriyama plays it a bit safe and knows what works really well, Araki just goes bat**** crazy.
Toriyama is a seat-of-the-pants writer by his own admission, but he also knows to go back and check if he left anything open that he can mine for new plots.

Sometimes he plans ahead, but those instances are pretty rare.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
One other thing about One Piece.

I'll always credit Oda for the fact that he doesn't rely on "this guy is the strongest ever! (except not really)" or over-escalation (two traps which Dragon Ball falls into repeatedly).

There are many strong characters, and most have different strengths to others. The strongest characters aren't necessarily villains either.
The villain of any given arc is not necessarily going to be stronger or weaker than the previous one.
The villain of the Alabasta arc, Crocodile, was the strongest antagonist Luffy had faced up to that point (besides Smoker), the next villain Luffy meets is taken out in literally one punch.
The next villain is practically unbeatable*... to everyone except Luffy because his powers inherently give him an advantage over that guy. The guy after that, while he gives Luffy a decent fight, is so inconsequential most Anime-only viewers think that arc is filler.
The guy after that is technically weaker than the guy from two arcs ago, but gives Luffy such a hard fight that Luffy can't even move after it.
*(within the context of the current story at that time)

Toriyama is a seat-of-the-pants writer by his own admission, but he also knows to go back and check if he left anything open that he can mine for new plots.

Sometimes he plans ahead, but those instances are pretty rare.
Yeah one of the things I really appreciate about One Piece is that it's mostly been able to avoid the Dragon Ball scenario of just introducing increasingly more powerful villians.
And even when it does, it's contextualised by the One Piece world itself. As the Straw Hats travel along the Grand Line, they get stonger and its basically the same case for their foes. They all get stronger because they've gone through similar experiences going through the Grand Line, before them, at the same time and even after them.

KMDP

Smash Legend
One Piece talk? *looks at my manga boxset I still need to sell because turns out I think it's boring* Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh not for me
Fair enough; it takes a while to pick up steam, and it's art style is love it or hate it.

For others who haven't tried One Piece, the generally accepted barometer for whether or not you'll like the series is the Arlong Park arc (it's the fifth arc, about 80-90 chapters in); if you aren't into the series by the turning point of that arc, then there's a good chance won't like it at all.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Fair enough; it takes a while to pick up steam, and it's art style is love it or hate it.

For others who haven't tried One Piece, the generally accepted barometer for whether or not you'll like the series is the Arlong Park arc (it's the fifth arc, about 80-90 chapters in); if you aren't into the series by the turning point of that arc, then there's a good chance won't like it at all.
UGH. Thank god, someone who's ok with that. My friend (yes, the dumbass one) could not handle me not caring for One Piece and said "You hate it don't you and just don't want to hurt my feelings! I KNOW you hate it so just say why" and after 4 ****ing months I had to tell him to **** off because I'm tired of a guy lecturing me about not being a fan when I gave the franchise significantly more money/support than he has through his life

KMDP

Smash Legend
UGH. Thank god, someone who's ok with that. My friend (yes, the ******* one) could not handle me not caring for One Piece and said "You hate it don't you and just don't want to hurt my feelings! I KNOW you hate it so just say why" and after 4 ****ing months I had to tell him to **** off because I'm tired of a guy lecturing me about not being a fan when I gave the franchise significantly more money/support than he has through his life
Not everyone can like everything, sometimes you just don't see the appeal.

I tried to get my sister into the series years ago; the artstyle was the big killer for her, she really didn't like the aesthetic (she didn't like how low the ears were on the heads, and I don't think she liked the noodle proportions or the vague Disney look either, the eye design was also a turn-off for her, mostly the "anger" look, where the eyes suddenly gain irises they didn't have before).

For me, One Piece will always hold a special place in my heart, because it got me through my final years of College (High School, for the Americans).

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I used to read the One Piece manga all the time (and avoided the anime like the plague as you would at the time), but I stopped and I'm not certain why.

Now, 90 volumes out, if I started to get back in it'd seem like a giant burden to read all of it...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I used to read the One Piece manga all the time (and avoided the anime like the plague as you would at the time), but I stopped and I'm not certain why.

Now, 90 volumes out, if I started to get back in it'd seem like a giant burden to read all of it...
If you enjoy something, it shouldn't be a burden. Just take it at a pace that suits you.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Sometimes, you just stop reading things for no real reason, I've done that a couple of times.

Take your time, there's no real rush to do so, right?
If you enjoy something, it shouldn't be a burden. Just take it at a pace that suits you.
Also yes.

I actually started One Piece with Kaizoku Fansubs, I knew about the horrors of the 4Kids dub... somehow...

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It more has to do with money, even if I took the cheapest route (either digital or the recent omnibus releases).
Fair enough.

Since I finished school and have been working, I've been collecting the omnibus releases. Here, a single tankabon is ~$AU15 but the 3 volume omnnibuses can be $AU15-22. Such a steal.
Don't know how much an online subscription to Shonen Jump would be for you but the price offered here by Viz was also reasonable.

I've also been collecting the anime on DVD since Voyage Collections were introduced. The typical DVD releases are ~$AU50 for 11-16 episodes. The Voyage Collections are $AU99 for ~50 episodes. I'm not actually sure if the Voyage Collections are available outside Australia or if they're a Madman specific thing here. When I look up Funimation's DVD releases, they have a bunch of different collections.

All that said, do what makes sense. Don't disembowel your wallet or anything.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Turns out I totally forgot to redeem my points for Ultimate to get Piranha Plant.

Just took care of that now. Now to wait for the code. :p

Chrono.

Beat Terra's story in BBS.

Overall I think this game feels weird if you play it right after 2 or 1. I'm not a fan of how abilities work but the command deck system is dumb busted and the keyblade graveyard is an ez mode grindspot.

As for Terra himself, he feels way too beefy to use and I'm never a fan of characters like that. Story wise I feel bad for him, things spiraled out of control and his two father figures pretty much pushed him over the edge. Also the fandom's obsession with painting him as gullible is dumb, he never blindly followed villains other than Hook and that was done with quickly (and I guess Jumba, but given how he ends up I can't exactly say he's a total bad guy.)

Up next is the boy not known as Roxas.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Terra was too strong for BBS. He tore through enemies health like it was tissue paper.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Fair enough.

Since I finished school and have been working, I've been collecting the omnibus releases. Here, a single tankabon is ~$AU15 but the 3 volume omnnibuses can be $AU15-22. Such a steal.
Don't know how much an online subscription to Shonen Jump would be for you but the price offered here by Viz was also reasonable.

I've also been collecting the anime on DVD since Voyage Collections were introduced. The typical DVD releases are ~$AU50 for 11-16 episodes. The Voyage Collections are $AU99 for ~50 episodes. I'm not actually sure if the Voyage Collections are available outside Australia or if they're a Madman specific thing here. When I look up Funimation's DVD releases, they have a bunch of different collections.

All that said, do what makes sense. Don't disembowel your wallet or anything.
I am one of those freaks who consumes anime, manga and light novel franchises in the EXACT ORDER they were released in the US. For instance, take Yu Yu Hakusho. I start out with the Central Park and Anime Works dubs of the 2 movies as they came out in 1998, then the first movie subbed as that came out on DVD in 2001, THEN I start the Funimation dub of the series when it aired in 2002 and any subs that were released on DVD during that time, all the while reading the manga as it was serialized in the US monthly Shonen Jump magazine at the time...

I'm dead serious, I am THAT sort of person :yoshi:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Definitely buying this one, specially since for sure there's an official
Pneuma full body art and maybe hints about Ontos.
Well, this is published by Famitsu though. And I don't know if this is going to also be an art book.

What I'm looking more forward to though is have a page where it is all characters in their swimsuit outfit that is draw by Saitou like how they have with Fiora and Melia in XC1 book.
Rest assured, you are not related.
It more relates to things happening outside this site, overall.
I see, as a mod that really ally is some hing that requires a huge EQ to deal with.

Gotta be honest für just a sec, if lifestyles are dicey to you recently, if I were you I don't think being a mod would be suitable for me. But that's just me...

I recently have tons of huge stuffs to get over, and because of that I habe many things just messed up. So from my real life experience it is best to not take more than what you can chew.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Beat Terra's story in BBS.

Overall I think this game feels weird if you play it right after 2 or 1. I'm not a fan of how abilities work but the command deck system is dumb busted and the keyblade graveyard is an ez mode grindspot.

As for Terra himself, he feels way too beefy to use and I'm never a fan of characters like that. Story wise I feel bad for him, things spiraled out of control and his two father figures pretty much pushed him over the edge. Also the fandom's obsession with painting him as gullible is dumb, he never blindly followed villains other than Hook and that was done with quickly (and I guess Jumba, but given how he ends up I can't exactly say he's a total bad guy.)

Up next is the boy not known as Roxas.
Have fun, he's the speedy one of the group.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Turns out I totally forgot to redeem my points for Ultimate to get Piranha Plant.

Just took care of that now. Now to wait for the code. :p
Meanwhile I redeemed mine when the game came out and don’t have any code yet.

:(

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Meanwhile I redeemed mine when the game came out and don’t have any code yet.

:(
Did you check your spam folder? Saw some people had theirs end up there.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Did you check your spam folder? Saw some people had theirs end up there.
Yeah nothing sadly. I got like 7 emails about new super mario bros but nothing else from them. Thinking of contacting their support soon

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
It’s 2:30 A.M. where I’m at and technically counts as morning and I finally get to go see Dragon Ball Super: Broly with some friends this evening, can’t wait. :grin:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So now the NES/FAMICOM Online updates are out I can finally play Joy Mech Fight.

Also interested in seeing anything else dataminers can dig up.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I redeemed the points for :ultpiranha: but I forgot to check my e-mail for the code.

And I did that 2 weeks ago

1ljsheemrd621 (1).png

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Newgrounds in 2018 is publishing better content then I’d expect:

This made me laugh more then it should have.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Newgrounds in 2018 is publishing better content then I’d expect:

This made me laugh more then it should have.
Galleem falling onto Piranha Plant is so stupid.
But dammit, it got that laugh.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
One Piece was one of two anime that really got me into anime. I decided to watch some Toonami one day, and episode 235 (Water 7 arc) was showing. I liked it enough to keep up with Toonami's weekly showing of it. After I found out how long it was, I decided I wanted to start from the beginning online, while still watching it with Toonami. I liked learning about all the Straw Hats that had been introduced already by Water 7. Once I reached episode 234, I decided I'd stop watching it with Toonami and just keep it up online. And One Piece eventually left Toonami for some reason.

I love a lot of things about One Piece, to the point where I can enjoy any episode I watch. Not only are my three favorite anime characters all from One Piece, but my all-time favorite song is opening 7.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Well, this is published by Famitsu though. And I don't know if this is going to also be an art book.

What I'm looking more forward to though is have a page where it is all characters in their swimsuit outfit that is draw by Saitou like how they have with Fiora and Melia in XC1 book.

I see, as a mod that really ally is some hing that requires a huge EQ to deal with.

Gotta be honest für just a sec, if lifestyles are dicey to you recently, if I were you I don't think being a mod would be suitable for me. But that's just me...

I recently have tons of huge stuffs to get over, and because of that I habe many things just messed up. So from my real life experience it is best to not take more than what you can chew.
I'll be fine.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
D-did they just confirm Jiren for Dragon Ball FighterZ?

Jeez, if only we had a live stream where they could have told this... Still, hyped for season 2 of FighterZ, been a while since I played the game.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
YouTube recommendations can be so good sometimes.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
One Piece is a very good series if you
A) Like world building
B) Like long series' (EDIT: One Piece is a series that handles it's extreme length well, because of it's nature as an Adventure Manga)
C) Like creative powers (if not necessarily creative fights)
D) Don't mind disproportionately large breasts (while I don't personally have a problem with it, some do, the body proportions can get incredibly exaggerated on both males and females)

One Piece is a series that thrives on it's World Building and use of characters (there's a fandom meme: "Oda never forgets"), some of the best bits are the inter-arc sections where future plotlines are set-up and everyone reacts to the main characters' insane stunts.

Naruto, on the other hand, is a story that had a lot of promise, but kind of loses it's steam at some point (where this happens is up to debate). The early parts are incredibly good, though.
One fan theory I've seen is that the story issues resulted from Kishimoto not being able to do the story the way he wanted, namely there was an arc early in the story, shortly before the timeskip, where it seems clear that certain characters are going to die... and then they don't despite all the flags that were being set-up, the theory goes that, since said characters were ~12 Years old (like most of the protagonists in that arc), Kishimoto's editor told him not to kill them off.
I’d have considered watching One Piece if I started like 8 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom