• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Time to compare the duration of each (I need to kill some time off as Turn Left is on rain delay)

-Gen I - EN: 748d, JP: 1363d
-Gen II - EN: 885d, JP: 1096d
-Gen III - EN: 1495d, JP: 1407d
-Gen IV - EN: 1412d, JP: 1451d
-Gen V - EN: 953d, JP: 1120d
-Gen VI - WW: 1133d
-Gen VII - WW: +477d

The current generation is still pretty young, if Pokémon Switch releases in, let's say: Nov 17, 2019, Gen VII would last 1095 days, which is a number of days that make sense compared to previous gens.

Chrono.

Make no mistake, Dragon Ball has a huge following from Hispanic communities.

I guess I still count as that since I'm half Hispanic/half Black myself. But I live in the US.

Speaking of Dragon Ball, in FighterZ, I've been making some decent progress with Adult Gohan. More importantly I've been getting better at doing the c.M, M, jL stuff. It's not completely etched into my muscle memory, but I'm getting there slowly.

Basically I can get L,L,c.M, M, jL, jM, c.H, SD, jL, jM, jH, Vanish, Grab. Its only one bar, but if I wanted to, I could add a heavy Machine Gun Kick instead of jH for another meter to spend.
I'm latino myself and DBZ was huge when I was growing up here in Puerto Rico. Sadly, I don't think they're airing Super anywhere on the local channels here so it's fallen off considerably.

D

Deleted member

Wanna know what unsettles me?

A cold blooded killer awakening after a hero loses control, sitting there lifelessly with a light swinging back and forth after it got hit by lasers. The very next scene has this guy slowly raise his head and just rush at his friends to beat the **** out of everyone and murdering a guy, who this hero has been very clear on that he hates violence and is a pacifist. All without saying a word
Someone: "thing"
Gwen: "Did you know thing relates to Kamen Rider and that it's great you should watch it WATCH IT"

Chrono.

Why would you NOT watch Pop Team Epic? What is there to even dislike it? It's a ****post in animation form.
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Pop Team Epic.

The humour is extremely subversive, and without a solid grasp of meme theorem most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Popuko being ************, which is deftly woven into her characterization- her personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE.

I am very well aware this meme is dead I'm sorry.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Pop Team Epic.

The humour is extremely subversive, and without a solid grasp of meme theorem most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Popuko being ************, which is deftly woven into her characterization- her personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE.

I am very well aware this meme is dead I'm sorry.
"You can't kill a meme, Jack!"
Because I tried and I couldnt do it so I dropped it

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Looking back at all those pages I realized how hilarious was the Direct day; in the morning we were 110% sure of not getting Smash and we made jokes about it... *then page 314 happened*

Ivander

Smash Legend
Did an attempt at a Wallpaper, since I had an idea for one.
Not the best quality, but hey, it's going to last me a while in the meantime while waiting.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well like

Said, the actual leak is SUPPOSED to be from the same Chinese leaker with the Rainbow Rocket and stuff. IDK though. These Youtubers aren't always the most reliable.
Its from the same guy, its from the original leakers account that he occasionally is posting gen 8 hints.

Opossum Opossum welcome back!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Lettuce play a game: predict the future and guess the order of the next 4 newcomers for Smash (I was going to say 5, but we got the Inklings already + the fact I don't think this game is superloaded with new guys) and the veterans included in their trailers.

My foresight tells me:
1- Spring Man/Ribbon Girl during the Testpunch, ft. :4littlemac: and hopefully :4ryu:
2- Lyn during a FE Direct formally revealing FE16, ft. :4marth: and :4samus:
3- Decidueye in a trailer simply uploaded to the site, ft. :4charizard:and:4pikachu:
4- Waluigi during the E3, ft. :4wario2: and :4luigi:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Lettuce play a game: predict the future and guess the order of the next 4 newcomers for Smash (I was going to say 5, but we got the Inklings already + the fact I don't think this game is superloaded with new guys) and the veterans included in their trailers.

My foresight tells me:
1- Spring Man/Ribbon Girl during the Testpunch, ft. :4littlemac: and hopefully :4ryu:
3- Decidueye in a trailer simply uploaded to the site, ft. :4charizard:and:4pikachu:
  1. Spring Man, ft. Little Mac
  2. Celica in a FE Direct, ft. Marth and maybe Robin
  3. Either Decidueye ft. Pit or Incineroar ft. Bowser
  4. Crash for E3 ft. Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man and Mega Man because HYPE!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

My foresight tells me:
*starts to try to think of a prediction*

*perfectionism immediately kicks in and overwhelms my ability to think*

D

Deleted member

Because when I watch a mech anime, I expect mechs like sunrise not a trashy fanservice show trying its hardest to be deep
Please actually watch something before claiming it's "trying its hardest to be deep"
Decidueye
Yeah, if the Switch Pokemon game is Gen 8, say goodbye to any Gen 7 Pokemon in Smash.
Odd-numbered Generations outside of 1 have it bad. Trust me... I know...

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yeah, if the Switch Pokemon game is Gen 8, say goodbye to any Gen 7 Pokemon in Smash.
Odd-numbered Generations outside of 1 have it bad. Trust me... I know...
See, Shoe? You're using patterns, but like, Smash 4 did nothing but break pre-established patterns.

Don't immediately assume a Gen 8 will immediately deny Gen 7 a spot. It lowers the chances, yes, but I doubt it's completely impossible.

D

Deleted member

My foresight tells me:
c82.gif

1 - Another Fire Emblem character out of the blue.
2 - Yet another Fire Emblem character after FE Switch's announcement.
3 - More Fire Emblem at the first post-E3 Direct.
4 - EVEN MORE Fire Emblem at some random anime convention.

All featuring :4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4corrin:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

All featuring :4marth::4feroy::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4corrin:
Mashpotato Soccerguy: "At this point, let's just add all of the characters."

:troll:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I tried out Celeste today. This game is going to kill me. The platforming is so fun, yet my will grew too weak when I beat the first B-Side level. I think I will take a long break from the game, even if I bought the game today. The game difficulty will consume too much of my time. It has good game design and tight controls, but it is a little too much quick thinking for me personally. I will probably play one level as a quick exercise then take a long break frequently if I ever play it again.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Oh snap, Opossum Opossum is back too. It's 2014 all over again!

..In a good way, of course.

Good to have our resident Codename S.T.E.A.Med Hams boy back.

...Actually, I can see a Codename S.T.E.A.M character being an assist in Smash. That'd be tight.

Or give us Honest Abe as a fighter.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
See, Shoe? You're using patterns, but like, Smash 4 did nothing but break pre-established patterns.

Don't immediately assume a Gen 8 will immediately deny Gen 7 a spot. It lowers the chances, yes, but I doubt it's completely impossible.
Fans constantly insisting something was going to happen got spat in the face of way more than patterns, though. Non video game characters are explicitly still not allowed in, but all kinds of assumptions that didn't even have patterns to back them up but were still taken as holy word got rejected, too.

Fans ALWAYS insist we're getting an odd gen, and we ALWAYS get an even gen.

This is the same timing that Smash 4 had with Gen 6, roughly. The more people kick and scream that we're getting Decidueye or some other Gen 7, the more sure I am that we're going to get a Gen 8 Pokemon because this is EXACTLY what happened before with Zoroark and Genesect and Meloetta and. . .gosh, did we go through Keldeo, too? I think we might have. And now everyone's assuming a starter pattern because Greninja instead of attempting to shoehorn in any Pokemon that gets a movie just because Lucario had a movie. Patterns: they're like Bible verses, most folks just pick and choose which ones apply to them.

*EDIT* My things more just watching what's being said and seeing where this is going combined with superstition more than fact. I mean, it COULD happen, but the more people insist it will, the more that *doubt* prompt goes over my head because Smash fans love to invent things to be disappointed about.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
View attachment 138456

Plot twist: Smash Switch is actually FE16.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Fans constantly insisting something was going to happen got spat in the face of way more than patterns, though. Non video game characters are explicitly still not allowed in, but all kinds of assumptions that didn't even have patterns to back them up but were still taken as holy word got rejected, too.

Fans ALWAYS insist we're getting an odd gen, and we ALWAYS get an even gen.

This is the same timing that Smash 4 had with Gen 6, roughly. The more people kick and scream that we're getting Decidueye or some other Gen 7, the more sure I am that we're going to get a Gen 8 Pokemon because this is EXACTLY what happened before with Zoroark and Genesect and Meloetta and. . .gosh, did we go through Keldeo, too? I think we might have. And now everyone's assuming a starter pattern because Greninja instead of attempting to shoehorn in any Pokemon that gets a movie just because Lucario had a movie. Patterns: they're like Bible verses, most folks just pick and choose which ones apply to them.

*EDIT* My things more just watching what's being said and seeing where this is going combined with superstition more than fact. I mean, it COULD happen, but the more people insist it will, the more that *doubt* prompt goes over my head because Smash fans love to invent things to be disappointed about.
In all fairness, Gen 7 is still pretty young. Not even 2 years old yet.

It has better chances than any other odd-numbered gen that aren't Gen 1 had in previous Smash games because of that.

Not saying it's a shoe-in, just not completely impossible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just hope they keep the flaming Smash logo cut-in from the Smash 4 trailers, those were always hype to see in Directs or even when we knew they were coming.
Though if trailers keep the style of the Inklings one, then it'd be interesting to see how they could fake us out like they did with Rosalina.
"Oh man, finally a FE16 traile-- WAIT WHAT"

What patterns? You mean fanmade ones? Because I'm not talking about those, I'm talking about the fact Sakurai has outright said he likes to add a Pokemon from the most recent games and that GF send him the designs of new Pokemon for him to choose something out of them. If the new game is Gen 8, then Sakurai has already seen the new Pokemon and decided on one of them, because Gen 7 will be old news by the time Smash Switch releases.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
In all fairness, Gen 7 is still pretty young. Not even 2 years old yet.

It has better chances than any other odd-numbered gen that aren't Gen 1 had in previous Smash games because of that.

Not saying it's a shoe-in, just not completely impossible.
Gen 5 was shorter than average, too, and was still pretty young when Smash 4 dev started.

It's not -impossible,- but the fact that people take it as a given makes me highly, HIGHLY doubt it.

Sakurai went out of his way to set aside a slot for the latest Pokemon gen last time when no other franchise got that kind of advance relevancy arrangement (I.E. Every other character in Smash 4 existed in 2012 or prior until the DLC started rolling out), so Pokemon literally bends over backwards for this kind of thing.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm talking about the fact Sakurai has outright said he likes to add a Pokemon from the most recent games and that GF send him the designs of new Pokemon for him to choose something out of them. If the new game is Gen 8, then Sakurai has already seen the new Pokemon and decided on one of them, because Gen 7 will be old news by the time Smash Switch releases.
Oh...

Well, if Gen 8 is released after Smash, I think Gen 7 has good chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom