• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It was locked because people would not actually drop the Rule 34 talk. I explained more in my post with a large edit, but long story short, if people won't stop talking about a subject, we will force them to stop even harder. It was close it or hand out a bunch of infractions. I felt closing it with a full explanation would get the issue across. That, and it's been really spammy lately so an explanation was the best way to go about it. It's not an actual social thread, though we are more lenient there when it comes to off-topic stuff than some threads. Like, this thread doesn't care about the fact it's a Nintenzone Social. It's just treated as a more regular gaming social.
Honestly, I apologize for continuing to talk about it. We should have dropped it, it was a disgusting topic that had no place in that thread.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, I apologize for continuing to talk about it. We should have dropped it, it was a disgusting topic that had no place in that thread.
You at least tried to get it to stop.

My recommendation is to ignore it entirely and post what is on-topic. Keep in mind that stuff like "hey, what's happen-, er bye." doesn't help either. It's more of a meme post than contributing. "Let's move on please" is definitely more helpful in comparison, at least.

The lesson here as well is "you don't need to post. Sometimes just ignore it. Moving on doesn't necessarily mean to reply with a new subject. It means to not add to the current one."

Noipoi

Howdy!
You at least tried to get it to stop.

My recommendation is to ignore it entirely and post what is on-topic. Keep in mind that stuff like "hey, what's happen-, er bye." doesn't help either. It's more of a meme post than contributing. "Let's move on please" is definitely more helpful in comparison, at least.

The lesson here as well is "you don't need to post. Sometimes just ignore it. Moving on doesn't necessarily mean to reply with a new subject. It means to not add to the current one."
Thanks Celestia.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Snake was top tier though, not mid tier.
Yeah well close enough lol.

Maybe i'm more comparable to :dedede:then?
Oh no, it'd have to be Grinch leak worthy which not only would mean it'd be something to discuss and dissect for a few weeks but also would have more people pathetic enough to scream at eachother for believing it or not
Well there's a huge difference between the Grinch Leak (or even the recent one with Hayabusa/Steve/Doomguy) and your run of the mill 4chan rumor. At least there's value in debating that albeit toxicity from some.
Man, I feel so bored right now...
I know that feel man. It's a pain in the arse.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
...I can't blame you. I think the big issue there is how some aren't open at all to other possibilities about the whole Brave thing. I think it's likely Erdrick myself, but I'm open to the idea it could be other stuff.
Exactly.
Honestly, I kind of wish that datamine didn't leak. Otherwise, people would've been more open to anyone besides Erdrick.
But... at the very least, it made a Bravely Default rep more likely to more people, which I'm all for.
Hopefully we'll get a reveal this month.
That is... if they announce a Nintendo direct sometime soon... and that direct actually has a new reveal.
Oh man, we're going to be going in circles until E3 aren't we?

D

Deleted member

Here's some food for thought:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tibarn being voiced by Deen's VA in Heroes has me hopeful of there being a new SoV banner relatively soon.

D

Deleted member

I left to do Camelot because Gramps Hassan comes out today and I come back to see the Discussion thread was locked for being horny on main.
who's watching promised neverland?

I did and I thought it was great.

you all should too!
First episode is already out? Been looking forward to it so guess I'll download that right now.
And JUST when I wanted to make my first good post too smfh
I like that you included "wanted" because it shows not even you think you're capable of making a good post.

D

Deleted member

So, is there any practical use for Isabelle's kit, or is she as bad as everyone is now saying she is?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I still don't think this "Brave" codename relates to Erdrick, honestly.
Who do you think it refers to? I honestly do think it makes sense. The other where the title heavily fits the character is Agumon easily. But those are the only two I know of where the codename is highly accurate. Jack is too vague for how it relates to Joker. It could be trading cards or Jack Frost. Pakku for Piranha Plant is the only clear one at best, but it's not a Fighter's Pass DLC either. So it's strange.

Exactly.
Honestly, I kind of wish that datamine didn't leak. Otherwise, people would've been more open to anyone besides Erdrick.
But... at the very least, it made a Bravely Default rep more likely to more people, which I'm all for.
Hopefully we'll get a reveal this month.
That is... if they announce a Nintendo direct sometime soon... and that direct actually has a new reveal.
Oh man, we're going to be going in circles until E3 aren't we?
I've seen Mario Kart battles that go in less circles.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Lucas is not a crybaby, you *******!
I listen to Viridi, and since she calls him a crybaby...I will obviously agree with her ya ****ing Daisy lover (whom I am also loving, but not as much as Zelda, Inkling, or Palutena)
Man, I feel so bored right now...
Smash some people then

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Yeah, not gonna lie, I was very bored and kinda underwhelmed during the March Direct
Until that one shot...
eye.png

It made quite a difference, let me tell ya

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Who do you think it refers to? I honestly do think it makes sense. The other where the title heavily fits the character is Agumon easily. But those are the only two I know of where the codename is highly accurate. Jack is too vague for how it relates to Joker. It could be trading cards or Jack Frost. Pakku for Piranha Plant is the only clear one at best, but it's not a Fighter's Pass DLC either. So it's strange.
Yuri Lowell? He literally has a guild named Brave Vesperia, among other factors such as how the stats make sense for his type of character.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think you mean tarot cards. ;)

I imagine they didn't codename Piranha Plant because there was no need to.

Revealing Joker was apparently a fairly recent decision at the time of the Game Awards, judging by what Sakurai said about it.

The thing is, "Jack" might not even refer to Joker; Sakurai did say there was little to no work done on him when the trailer aired...

D

Deleted member

It's also powerful enough to get a school shut down if that story was true

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yuri Lowell? He literally has a guild named "Brave Vesperia", among other factors such as how the stats make sense for his type of character.
Honestly, I doubt we'd get anyone but Lloyd. He's the poster boy for across seas Tales of games. I doubt they'll be picks for promotions either(maybe one or two might). He's just plain more known, with even Sakurai pretty much making it clear he's Tales of's Cloud, in his opinion at least.

I feel the guild thing might seem a bit too stretching. I think the codenames will be much more connected to the character than that. Like heavily being related to what the character is like, what they represent, how the character is heavily viewed. It's why I believe Erdrick makes a lot of sense, since Brave is the translation of the Hero Class in Japan, but not just that alone, it's actually a big deal to refer to the Brave thing as a reference to Dragon Quest's Heroes. I'm trying to think of a good way to describe it...

I've seen races on Baby Park that go in less circles...

And that track is a literal loop.
Heh.

Revealing Joker was apparently a fairly recent decision at the time of the Game Awards, judging by what Sakurai said about it.

The thing is, "Jack" might not even refer to Joker; Sakurai did say there was little to no work done on him when the trailer aired...
Jack and Joker are also part of Playing Cards. Many think of that first.

Though that is a good point. It might not be related to him at all. I think it probably is. Pakku is the only one we can be clear on at this point.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I watched a video this idiot claimed Pirahna Plant is an echo fighter. My god this guy is so dumb lol

D

Deleted member

this is the largest big brain hyperthink of 2019 i love it

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Honestly I consider the Brave Vesperia shtick even more of a reach than the character whose class's name can literally translate to Brave.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Honestly, I doubt we'd get anyone but Lloyd. He's the poster boy for across seas Tales of games. I doubt they'll be picks for promotions either(maybe one or two might). He's just plain more known, with even Sakurai pretty much making it clear he's Tales of's Cloud, in his opinion at least.
I feel the guild thing might seem a bit too stretching. I think the codenames will be much more connected to the character than that. Like heavily being related to what the character is like, what they represent, how the character is heavily viewed. It's why I believe Erdrick makes a lot of sense, since Brave is the translation of the Hero Class in Japan, but not just that alone, it's actually a big deal to refer to the Brave thing as a reference to Dragon Quest's Heroes. I'm trying to think of a good way to describe it...
*shrug*

I mean, if Lloyd does get in either way, I will feel somewhat disappointed, but ultimately accept it if it does happen: I'd just prefer Yuri at the end of the day.

And I get that, but I still don't believe it to be Erdrick and well... to add on, even if they did get in, I wouldn't be too excited for them. I do understand he's wanted by many and I'm not discouraging those fans, but I myself just won't be all that excited if they add them in.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I still don't think this "Brave" codename relates to Erdrick, honestly.
I mean all signs point to Erdrick including remarks from insiders.

That being said I would prefer Tales over DQ so i'd be hyped for you and all the Tales fans out there.
I watched a video this idiot claimed Pirahna Plant is an echo fighter. My god this guy is so dumb lol
And here I thought we were done with Marth clones until PP came along.

D

Deleted member

Yeah this idiot doesn’t even know what an echo fighter is.
yeah hes ****ing stupid piranha plant is a marth clone thereby adding out 8th and final fe character so we can finally have a full 8 player smash with just fe characters

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
*shrug*

I mean, if Lloyd does get in either way, I will feel somewhat disappointed, but ultimately accept it if it does happen: I'd just prefer Yuri at the end of the day.

And I get that, but I still don't believe it to be Erdrick and well... to add on, even if they did get in, I wouldn't be too excited for them. I do understand he's wanted by many and I'm not discouraging those fans, but I myself just won't be all that excited if they add them in.
You shouldn't like a character just to please others. Nothing wrong with not being a fan of him. Besides, you're extremely respectful about the situation. Whatever happens, you're fair and reasonable. No reason to be exited for someone you don't want. Of course, seeing the playstyle could change your mind.

Anyway, I like the original Hero a bit more than Erdrick... and Slime the most, so Slime is always my base DQ pick. I'd still love for him to get in, but I'm somewhat doubting it.

D

Deleted member

People are making way too big reachs with "Brave". It's a codename that's used with the programmers, they'd never justify a character being called "Brave" when it could be literally anything else. Both the Agumon and Yuri directions are reaching but at least they aren't "any RPG protag can be called brave".
Honestly, I'd give the Bravely Default direction some consideration if it wasn't for the fact they're not present in the list. Erdrick has, like, 3 factors(Seven Square lists, name matching and insiders believing it's him) but people focus too much on associating random characters with the word "Brave".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom