• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm talking just the rumor that has all 5.

The one GX talked about.

Not Verg or the others.
Yeah I know. I was referring to that rumor. It predicting Steve and Erdrick isn't that impressive given that we knew about them beforehand.

And also, that Grandblue thing was rumored before that rumor as well.
Made a complete anime Smash Bros. roster today.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Let me know your thoughts. This is an idea that has been on my mind for the past two days. (I used tweets this time to avoid today's image upload issue.)
Where's my boy Urameshi at? :confused:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
First time in years Imma watch an episode of Ridiculousness...for Becky Lynch...will be worth it

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It's not my fault Togashi is one of the few mangakas to strike gold twice even though I would prefer Yusuke over Gon any day...
Well all the more reason to have both Gon and Yusuke.

It's silly to think that a mangaka can only have one of their characters in. We're pretty much going in to Smash Bros-esque fan rules now lol.

KMDP

Smash Legend
If we had a Fighting Game roster that was going for full historical impact from Manga/Anime characters regardless of publisher, I imagine we'd have...
  1. Astro Boy
  2. Joe Yabuki
  3. Kankichi Ryotsu
  4. Suguru Kinniku
  5. Kenshiro
  6. Jotaro Kujo
  7. Arale Norimaki
  8. Son Goku
  9. Monkey D. Luffy
  10. Amuro Ray and RX-78-2 Gundam
  11. Nausicaä
  12. Totoro
  13. Shinji Ikari and EVA Unit 01

Last edited:

Chrono.

Yeah I know. I was referring to that rumor. It predicting Steve and Erdrick isn't that impressive given that we knew about them beforehand.

And also, that Grandblue thing was rumored before that rumor as well.

Where's my boy Urameshi at? :confused:
Yeah, that's why I don't buy the rumor. :p (well one reason anyway)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If we had a Fighting Game roster that was going for full historical impact from Manga/Anime characters regardless of publisher, I imagine we'd have...
  1. Astro Boy
  2. Joe Yabuki
  3. Kankichi Ryotsu
  4. Suguru Kinniku
  5. Kenshiro
  6. Jotaro Kujo
  7. Arale Norimaki
  8. Son Goku
  9. Monkey D. Luffy
  10. Amuro Ray and RX-78-2 Gundam
  11. Nausicaä
  12. Totoro
  13. Shinji Ikari and EVA Unit 01
You forgot Sailor Moon

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Found out recently that my 62-year-old dad was an OG weeb. Apparently some of his favorite shows growing up were Astroboy, Speed Racer, and Gigantor.

KMDP

Smash Legend
You forgot Sailor Moon
****, you're right. >_>
------------------------------
Some of the series on that list I made became so popular they altered the very medium of manga (Astro Boy, Fist of the North Star, Dragon Ball to name a few)

Seriously, after Fist of the North came out, pretty much every manga tried to copy it's aspects (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is one of those manga), it wasn't until Dragon Ball came out that Mangaka found a new thing to latch onto.

Joe Yabuki (A****a no Joe) is infamous for the climax of his series, and role in it.
He dies at the end of his series; people held funerals for him in real life.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Well all the more reason to have both Gon and Yusuke.

It's silly to think that a mangaka can only have one of their characters in. We're pretty much going in to Smash Bros-esque fan rules now lol.
Actually, I just personally wanted to limit myself to 10 Shonen Jump characters for the roster.

I wanted room for other characters other than characters from mostly SJ.

So choosing wasn't easy, and fitting Yusuke in there was not easy.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Wasn’t it so much more violent before they added the card battle aspect too?
It could still get pretty violent after that (Marik's entire backstory is O O F) but it was toned down somewhat.

The anime toned it down even more but still kept deaths and stuff.

Then 4kids toned it down even further LMAO.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Not even before, also during card games.

Yugi hanged a man in Duelist Kingdom.

HE HANGED A MAN FOR LOSING A CARD GAME CAUSE "MUH JUSTICE"

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
As someone who's read it, it was... something all right.

It's all about Yami Yugi bringing people into games... often very dangerous ones.

Like playing a game where you put a stack of money on your hands, then stab the stack with a knife, you have to stab deep enough to pierce the money but not your hand.

Or the time he played a game where you specify a finger, and can only use that finger for the duration of the "game", the guy he was playing against had a gun, and chose his index finger, Yugi chose his thumb, struck a lighter, then placed it on the guy's hand; he was also holding a bottle of alcohol and ended up getting burnt alive.

Yugi also really liked the Mind Crush technique (Penalty Game in the manga./Japanese version).

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
It could still get pretty violent after that (Marik's entire backstory is O O F) but it was toned down somewhat.

The anime toned it down even more but still kept deaths and stuff.

Then 4kids toned it down even further LMAO.
Arkana and his magical saws that send you to the Shadow Realm lol

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yugi also really liked the Mind Crush technique (Penalty Game in the manga./Japanese version).
Those are two different things. A Mind Crush is a penalty game in itself.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So, long story short, I'm gonna pull an "Arigarmy" in regards to Yu-Gi-Oh!

READ THE MANGA!!!
I mean, I read the manga like three times so :194:

I stopped reading at the beginning of 5D's though

KMDP

Smash Legend
Those are two different things. A Mind Crush is a penalty game in itself.
Thanks for the correction, it's been a while since I've interacted with the manga (my sister was the one who owned the volumes).

Mind Crush was specifically the version of the Penalty Game he used on Kaiba, which is probably why I got confused (because it's the most well known one).

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey, you guys wanna see that one time Yugi straight up murdered a child just because he cheated in a game?

Fun for the whole family.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hey, you guys wanna see that one time Yugi straight up murdered a child just because he cheated in a game?

Fun for the whole family.
Other fun stuff.

• Kaiba sets up a game in the Death-T arc where you have to press buttons through hand-sized guillotines.
  • The part of the Duelist Kingdom arc in the anime where Bakura duels Yugi is based on an earlier part in the manga where Bakura challenges Yugi to a TRPG (with elaborately crafted models for the game world), Yami Bakura takes the role of the DM, and the good Bakura stops Yami Bakura from rolling the dice (I think) by making him stab his hand on the spire of the game's castle.
You know, for kids.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think my favorite part is the fact that Joey survived being ****ing killed by Marik. So in the anime, Joey goes through this dream sequence and isn't actually dead, but just comatose. Blah blah, Joey has magical dream and wakes up because he belieeeeeves.

You want to see how the manga did it?

Literally dead. Everyone accepts that Marik just straight-up murdered this man. Even Kaiba, world's best nonbeliever, believes he's dead.

His heartbeat is ****ing gone. He flatlined.

And then he just wakes up like nothing happened.
You want to talk about OP abilities? Try Joey ****ing Wheeler, the man who just didn't die.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think my favorite part is the fact that Joey survived being ****ing killed by Marik. So in the anime, Joey goes through this dream sequence and isn't actually dead, but just comatose. Blah blah, Joey has magical dream and wakes up because he belieeeeeves.

Literally dead. Everyone accepts that Marik just straight-up murdered this man. Even Kaiba, world's best nonbeliever, believes he's dead.

You want to talk about OP abilities? Try Joey ****ing Wheeler, the man who just didn't die.
Didn't you know that the Power of Friendship is the greatest Panacea?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Didn't you know that the Power of Friendship is the greatest Panacea?
There is no dream. He just woke up.

This was conveniently right after Yugi used a Red-Eyes card, so either Yugi has resurrection powers, or Joey just said "**** you" to Death.

KMDP

Smash Legend

This was conveniently right after Yugi used a Red-Eyes card, so either Yugi has resurrection powers, or Joey just said "**** you" to Death.
I think you misunderstood me.
I was making a joke about how the Power of Friendship cured death.

Chrono.

That's definitely power of friendship.

KMDP

Smash Legend
and your joke is wrong

power of plot if you ask me, joey losing to marik is bs in both versions
But Ariiiii.

You've got to have the Main Character fight the Main Villain in the final round of the tournament, otherwise what's the point?

At least Joey fares better than Yamcha in tournaments.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

I remember having a Yu-Gi-Oh! magazine that talked about the game and the anime (that at the moment was the hottest **** here), the thing is that it had unlocalized stuff, so yeah, uncensored. At the end it had a list of all the episodes until the end of Battle City, and one episode was flat out called "Jonouichi's Death", I ****en waited for that episode to air on Nick because of course sounded like something huge.
Little me of was unaware about 4Kids being a censor fest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom