• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But Ariiiii.

You've got to have the Main Character fight the Main Villain in the final round of the tournament, otherwise what's the point?

At least Joey fared better than Yamcha.
both died and got revived, i don't see your point :p

At least Joey knows how to Shoryuken

KMDP

Smash Legend
both died and got revived, i don't see your point :p

At least Joey knows how to Shoryuken

My point is that Yamcha never makes it past Round 1 of the Finals, he always (always) goes out in the first round against someone who makes him look like a punk.

He lost to Jackie Chun without dealing any real damage (though he did get to show off the Kamehameha).
He lost to Tien, who broke his leg.
He lost to Kami, who really made him look like a fool by making all his attacks against Yamcha look accidental.

In Duelist Kingdom, Joey got to the Finals, and in Battle City, he got to the Semi-Finals, and he almost won that match.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My point is that Yamcha never makes it past Round 1 of the Finals, he always (always) goes out in the first round against someone who makes him look like a punk.

He lost to Jackie Chun without dealing any real damage (though he did get to show off the Kamehameha).
He lost to Kami, who really made him look like a fool by making all his attacks against Yamcha look accidental.

In Duelist Kingdom, Joey got to the Finals, and in Battle City, he got to the Semi-Finals, and he almost won that match.
Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Oh look what I just found...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
At least DBS gave Yamcha a W with the baseball game lol.

Chrono.

Joey is more of a Krillin than Yamcha.

If anything Tristan is the Yamcha, dude is literally deadweight.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Im trying to remember but I can't; did Tristan ever played a Duel?

Even Tea played one with penguins and ****

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

a mans just tryna bang his best bros sister, let him live

lol not in the manga, neither of them did

Last edited:

Chrono.

He played one duel in a really bad filler arc.

I don't remember the outcome of said duel but I do remember he got stuck inside a duel monster spirit which was just a monkey.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

He was in one alongside Serenity and Devlin against the Robot guy. He was the only one of the three (and one of two in that entire arc period) to get his body stolen.

Edit: :ultgreninja:

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
At least DBS gave Yamcha a W with the baseball game lol.
A win which involved him almost dying, in the same pose he made when he died the first time.

Eh, a win is a win.

To think Yamcha used to have enough combat credibility to be able to have the Worf Effect applied to him; unfortunately, just like Worf, Toriyama used him for that role too much and ended up ridding him of all his credibility.

Speaking of Yamcha, I was watching MistareFusion's Dragon Ball dissection series, and I had a thought regarding Yamcha, Bulma, Vegeta and Trunks; he went on a reasonably long rant about how OOC it was for Bulma to dump Yamcha due to having him cheat on her (and why Toriyama had it go down like that, for the opening of the Android Arc to work the way it did: Trunks needed to exist, needed to be a Saiyan, and needed a Time Machine. Vegeta was the only Saiyan other than Goku, Bulma was the only main Female character other than Chichi, and Bulma also had the technology to make a time machine, etc).

That got me thinking, Bulma was constantly getting angry at Yamcha because he had popularity with the ladies, but Yamcha was never shown to reciprocate any of that, so it seems like it was Bulma just being a Jealous Girlfriend; wouldn't it have made more sense for Yamcha to dump Bulma, after years of being wrongfully accused of cheating?

I had some more thoughts, unrelated to that, maybe I'll air them.

Last edited:

Chrono.

A win which involved him almost dying, in the same pose he made when he died the first time.

Eh, a win is a win.

To think Yamcha used to have enough combat credibility to be able to have the Worf Effect applied to him; unfortunately, just like Worf, Toriyama used him for that role too much and ended up ridding him of all his credibility.

Speaking of Yamcha, I was watching MistareFusion's Dragon Ball dissection series, and I had a thought regarding Yamcha, Bulma, Vegeta and Trunks; he went on a reasonably long rant about how OOC it was for Bulma to dump Yamcha due to having him cheat on her (and why Toriyama had it go down like that: for the opening of the Android Arc to work the way it did: Trunks needed to exist, needed to be a Saiyan, and needed a Time Machine. Vegeta was the only Saiyan other than Goku, Bulma was the only main Female character other than Chichi, and Bulma also had the technology to make a time machine, etc).

That got me thinking, Bulma was constantly getting angry at Yamcha because he had popularity with the ladies, but Yamcha was never shown to reciprocate any of that, so it seems like it was Bulma just being a Jealous Girlfriend; wouldn't it have made more sense for Yamcha to dump Bulma, after years of being wrongfully accused of cheating?

I had some more thoughts, unrelated to that, maybe I'll air them.
Tbh the way Toriyama always wrote their relationship (in a non serious/gag way), I always interpreted the cheating as just Bulma seeing him to talk to some random girl and her assuming he was cheating.

That was always kinda the joke anyway.

KMDP

Smash Legend

In the Manga Canon, I don't think Tristan ever played a Duel, Tea played a Duel against Mai in Duelist Kingdom (the penguin stuff was in the Virtual World filler arc).

Of course, Mai threw that match... >_>

The thought did occur to me that Joey is the Krillin of Yu-Gi-Oh!, while I was typing my post about Yamcha's Losing Streak. :laugh:

Yamcha, at the very least, used to be Mr. Exposition; somehow, despite being a Desert Bandit he knew everything there was to know about famous martial artists.
Tbh the way Toriyama always wrote their relationship (in a non serious/gag way), I always interpreted the cheating as just Bulma seeing him to talk to some random girl and her assuming he was cheating.

That was always kinda the joke anyway.
Yeah, I get that,

Romance was never Toriyama's Strong Suit, by his own admission.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
All I know about Yamcha is that he's somehow weaker than Krillin and Omni roasted Yamcha on his youtube once concerning top tiers vs. lower tiers. :laugh:

KMDP

Smash Legend
All I know about Yamcha is that he's somehow weaker than Krillin and Omni roasted Yamcha on his youtube once concerning top tiers vs. lower tiers. :laugh:
Yamcha isn't that weak, in all honesty.

He's just the weakest (not including Chiaotzu) out of a bunch of world-destroying Super-Humans, it's all relative.

He could still blow up Earth if he wanted to (not that he wants to).

Drop Yamcha into, like, the One Piece or Naruto worlds and he'd be a God.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
How to romance, by Toriyama

-Find a girl
-Kick her on the *****
-???
-Marriage

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

-Find a girl
-Kick her on the *****
-???
-Marriage
i just remembered that the dragon ball anime's only filler that i can recall is a marriage arc for goku where he goes to ****ing hell with chichi

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
i just remembered that the dragon ball anime's only filler that i can recall is a marriage arc for goku where he goes to ****ing hell with chichi
Well there was the training with Kami in between the King Piccolo and Piccolo Jr. arcs

Also they did stretch things out still. To the point where 150 episodes account for only 16 volumes of the manga

KMDP

Smash Legend

-Find a girl
-Kick her on the *****
-???
-Marriage
There are four five romances by Toriyama (Edit: forget Gohan x Videl, that one's actually decent though)

Goku x Chichi
Chichi (Age 12): You touched my crotch with your foot, we should get married someday.
Goku (Age 12): Okay! (What's "marriage"? Is it a kind of food?)
Chichi (Age 19): Hey, Goku! Remember me?
Goku (Age 19): ...No?
Chichi: Fight me until you remember!
Goku: Oh yeah! You're Chichi!
Chichi: Yay! You remembered! You said you'd marry me!
Goku: ...Sure, why not. Just let me ring you out first.
Chichi: Kyaaa!

Bulma x Yamcha
Bulma: I want a Boyfriend!
Yamcha: I want to get over my fear of girls!
Bulma: Hey, I'm a girl.
Yamcha: And I'm a boy!
Bulma: We're perfect for each other!

Krillin x #18
#18: I'mma kiss you, bye bye, off to kill your best friend.
Krillin: *gasp* I was kissed by a giiiirl....
Bulma: I made this device that will shut down #18 and prevent Cell from eating her.
Krillin: But she kissed me.
??? - Seven Years Later
Krillin & #18: We're married now.

Bulma x Vegeta
Bulma: I think my Boyfriend is cheating on me, who can I bang to get back at him?
Vegeta: Hey.
Bulma: You'll do.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That's an insult to filler arcs. At least they had a purpose, which is to let the manga catch up...
i wonder why they just can't stop and wait while that good budget money rolls in and explain to kids "ay uh we gotta wait"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Because...

um...

uh...

Hey, look over there!
Think about it, they're going to get more budget money by released BDs. You can spare time to do recap marathons and just letting people buy actual blu-rays. If you ask me, it's more resourceful than making a recap episode.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Think about it, they're going to get more budget money by released BDs. You can spare time to do recap marathons and just letting people buy actual blu-rays. If you ask me, it's more resourceful than making a recap episode.
Considering MHA, I think the Anime companies are beginning to wise up (maybe).

The only reason why shows like One Piece still do it is probably because that's how it's always been done... or something.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Attack on Titan proves that method can be done right...

"But that's not for kids!!!"

Well, it comes from Bessatsu SHONEN Magazine, so yes it is...
Depends on what you mean by "Kids".

Shonen (and Shojo) is technically "Ages 12 and Up".

Chrono.

There are four five romances by Toriyama (Edit: forget Gohan x Videl, that one's actually decent though)

Goku x Chichi
Chichi (Age 12): You touched my crotch with your foot, we should get married someday.
Goku (Age 12): Okay! (What's "marriage"? Is it a kind of food?)
Chichi (Age 19): Hey, Goku! Remember me?
Goku (Age 19): ...No?
Chichi: Fight me until you remember!
Goku: Oh yeah! You're Chichi!
Chichi: Yay! You remembered! You said you'd marry me!
Goku: ...Sure, why not. Just let me ring you out first.
Chichi: Kyaaa!

Bulma x Yamcha
Bulma: I want a Boyfriend!
Yamcha: I want to get over my fear of girls!
Bulma: Hey, I'm a girl.
Yamcha: And I'm a boy!
Bulma: We're perfect for each other!

Krillin x #18
#18: I'mma kiss you, bye bye, off to kill your best friend.
Krillin: *gasp* I was kissed by a giiiirl....
Bulma: I made this device that will shut down #18 and prevent Cell from eating her.
Krillin: But she kissed me.
??? - Seven Years Later
Krillin & #18: We're married now.

Bulma x Vegeta
Bulma: I think my Boyfriend is cheating on me, who can I bang to get back at him?
Vegeta: Hey.
Bulma: You'll do.
To be fair to Krillin/18, a lot can happen in 7 years. :p
That's an insult to filler arcs. At least they had a purpose, which is to let the manga catch up...
Not to open up this can of worms but honestly GT isn't that bad.

Maybe this is a hot take but I'd honestly rank the Shadow Dragons arc above at least the Cell arc. Maybe even Baby too.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Today I have learned about Carmen Sandiego...amazing woman

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well, news from a day in the life of NSG.

I struck out today. I didn't assume that she necessarily liked me either but it still hurts when I know we were best friends before this but now I'm afraid it's just gonna be weird. I don't think love is worth the shot that I just took to ruin a friendship. I feel awful about it. I'm trying to not make it weird but she's really closed herself off to me and now I wish I had never said a thing.

Anyways, another bad luck moment in a life full of 'em. And the world goes round and round.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well, news from a day in the life of NSG.

I struck out today. I didn't assume that she necessarily liked me either but it still hurts when I know we were best friends before this but now I'm afraid it's just gonna be weird. I don't think love is worth the shot that I just took to ruin a friendship. I feel awful about it. I'm trying to not make it weird but she's really closed herself off to me and now I wish I had never said a thing.

Anyways, another bad luck moment in a life full of 'em. And the world goes round and round.
Unfortunately, there's only one way to back out of that.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Today I have learned about Carmen Sandiego...amazing woman
I feel like I know things from before my time for having played some probable I guess remake Carmen Sandiego game and checked out a few Carmen Sandiego library books as a kid.

I saw her trending on Twitter and looked to see what on earth was going on and honestly IDK what to think. At least with the volume off it seems like the same general elevator pitch as the She-Ra cartoon. . .?? Doesn't seem like it jives with what little I know of Carmen Sandiego lore, not that there was any consistent lore between continuities in the first place but it is a little weird seeing it seemingly break the two cardinal rules about how she works I.E. woman of mystery with V.I.L.E. actively at her disposal.

*cough* I guess she stole them because cardinal can mean red and she wanted the pun.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Yamcha is still powerful. Being weaker than Kuririn shouldn’t be a knock against him since he is the strongest Earthling (that’s how it’s worded at least, I guess Toriyama doesn’t count Cyborgs and hybrids) as stated in multiple sources such as the manga, the BoG, RoF and Super official websites, the Tournament of Power synopsis as well as some interviews. The latest “strongest Earthling/human” statement comes from Fighterz.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Made a complete anime Smash Bros. roster today.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Let me know your thoughts. This is an idea that has been on my mind for the past two days. (I used tweets this time to avoid today's image upload issue.)
I don't see any My Hero Academia at all. Considering how it's one of the largest anime of all time in the West I think it should get a character or two. Saitama has been previously mentioned, but OPM is similarly huge, so throw him in too.

Meliodas from Seven Deadly Sins would be pretty cool too not gonna lie.

Other than that it's a great roster. I appreciate the nod to Fairy Tail.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I told you guys Y2K was coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom