• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
When it comes to third parties, I'm just hoping for Crash.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
There is a Ness user in the top 8 for Ultimate with Don't Park on the Grass. JTails has been using Ness this tournament. This is amazing and brings me great joy to see the character once again soaring. :ultness: (I know he's also been using toon link, but still it's nice to see one of my characters doing so well again).

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
THere is a Ness user in the top 8 for Ultimate with Don't Park on the Grass. JTails has been using Ness this tournament. This is amazing and brings me great joy to see the character once again soaring. :ultness: (I know he's also been using toon link, but still it's nice to see one of my characters doing so well again).
Ness (and Lucas by extension) is one of the characters that doesn't mesh well with me. Especially in a fast game like Melee/Ultimate.
Bowser Jr. is the character I like playing the least, though.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Street Fighter V Season 4 came out early I think? My game just updated to Version 4 and there's a new character

Kage, AKA Not!Evil Ryu

Potato_

Smash Lord
I see a few of you guys are going through some hard times, I just wanted to say I'm feeling for you guys, no matter what your situation might be.

Street Fighter V Season 4 came out early I think? My game just updated to Version 4 and there's a new character

Kage, AKA Not!Evil Ryu

You weren't kidding, it's literally evil ryu with some horns.

Wonder why the change.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well on the bright side MK itself now tends to have the grittier guests in their own games anyway.

Still I kind of see why people get upset when a pretty huge portion of Smash newcomers are potentially just Jrpg protags. I hope we get at least big western rep that isn't Crash.(Not that I'm against Crash, I just wouldn't be surprised at all and as stated he's also notable in Japan.) Or really, non-Japanese popular rep I should say since some of the characters I can think of such as Scorpion are otherwise very popular worldwide.
Glad I'm not the only one a bit worried if all the characters are gonna be JRPGs or not. Not exactly my favorite genre personally. But I do have my own biases towards Fighting game characters, I think grabbing characters from a variety of genres would make the most sense.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Ness (and Lucas by extension) is one of the characters that doesn't mesh well with me. Especially in a fast game like Melee/Ultimate.
Bowser Jr. is the character I like playing the least, though.
I don't blame you. Ness is hard to get used to in a few regards. But dang I love him. He's got a unique moveset and is a pretty good character in Ultimate too. He keeps all his positives from Smash 4, while his weaknesses are less glaring. He's a solid character for sure. He reminds me of PM Ness, even.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It must be cold at Capcom Cup, if that DJ girl is any indication.

Also, Kage is just Evil Ryu.

If Ryu's free from the Dark Hadou, then maybe it became it's own entity or something? Or it's a placeholder name for E.Ryu? Ryu with the Devil Gene? I don't know, fighting games are weird.

D

Deleted member

Glad I'm not the only one a bit worried if all the characters are gonna be JRPGs or not. Not exactly my favorite genre personally. But I do have my own biases towards Fighting game characters, I think grabbing characters from a variety of genres would make the most sense.
Funny thing is that I've played much more JRPGs than FPSs in recent years. But despite that, I guess Nostalgia is why I'd love to see Master Chief.(Same goes for Scorpion or Sub Zero.) And Doom Slayer would just be cool to see because Doom is metal as ****.

Aside from that, one third party I'd like to see(and is more likely than the others) is the Hunter from Monster Hunter. Especially if they got multiple different armor in. Same can go for Master Chief now that I think about it with various Halo 3 armor sets.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
When a friggin' Pichu of all characters make top 6 in Ultimate, you know the game is gonna be epic.
Pichu mains be like:

I'm really stressed out right now and have nowhere to let it out.

Last night I had a fight with my parents. I won't go too into details but I will admit that there were things I did wrong (not illegal or seriously amoral or anything, just inconsiderate) and that they did have an actual reason to be angry with me. The issue is that the argument starting with my dad shouting as loud as he could while we were all in the car. He has an extremely explosive temperament and you never know when he will start shouting and yelling without any warning, and after having spend the past hour an a half trying to help and comfort my stressed out younger sister I was just not in the mood for his adult tantrums that night. So after apologizing for what I did wrong, I finally called him out on it for being immature, and told him that if he had just communicated his issue early I would have done things differently (which I absolutely would have, by the way).

The issue is that my mom also has a really explosive temper (although not quite as bad as my dad's, still pretty nasty), and recently lost her job as a teacher for losing patience and yelling at her students. She was right there when the argument happened. This morning, when I woke up, I saw I had a text from her reminding me of how she lost her job and admitting that those bursts of anger are childish, but also calling my words last night "poisonous". It's a problem both of my parents have had ever since I was little and something they both needed to be aware of, but I can also tell that my mom was legitimately hurt and offended by what I said last night, even if it wasn't directly meant for her.

I feel disgusting right now. No matter what I do I just can't shake this sick feeling I have inside my gut. I plan on apologizing when I see her tonight. I'm extremely awkward, but it needs to be done. Maybe I should bike into town and buy an apology gift...

On a side note about my younger sister, I her relationship with our parents has really been eroding for the past couple years. She constantly complains and criticizes them, and I always go out of my way to try and remind her of all their good traits when she does. I think we've both lived with our parents too long and need to move out pronto before either of our relationships with them degenerate even further. I'm currently planning on moving out with her and sharing an apartment in March, she just has a savings goal she'll reach first. Last night she noted that she wants to try and move date up to February though, and while I don't want to rush things I have enough money saved to cover for the both of us if she doesn't reach her goals.

I'm not even sure why I'm posting this here. I guess I'm hoping it'll help me feel a little better.
I hope things get better for you, man. Just do your best and stay calm; keep your head down and keep moving.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, I'm a huge JRPG maniac, and even I would be kinda bummed if S1 was all JRPGs.
WITH ONE EXCEPTION COUGH COUGH, SIG.
I'm really hoping for Dante, Ryu Hayabusa, DoomGuy, and Nightmare to bring some fast paced translations of their movesets from their original games.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
When it comes to characters that have a 0% chance of being in Smash, I’d say I’d have to go with Bentley Bear from Crystal Castles as an Atari Rep or Space Invader or Bub and Bob as one character for a Taito Rep.

F1D95FEF-1084-4934-830A-79A2A25A1E06.jpeg

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm guessing Kage is just Ryu's version of Oni.
That makes a bit more sense than me thinking the Dark Hadou separated Ryu and became it's own man. Though Ryu is supposed to have been cleansed of that ****. I want to see some weird Mu No Ken version of Ryu. But everyone does like evil versions of characters. I mean, I'm a fan of both Dark Samus and Noob Saibot, so I'm probably not one to talk.

The Devil Gene part was just a ****post though.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hoping that the Rashid Player takes it. That'd be cool since Rashid's design is one of the better ones in Street Fighter V.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Erureido Erureido

After countless months and a lot of patience, I finally have fully Ascended my Summer Arthuria. I'm impressed as is of how much she carried me with some missions despite being 80, but it always kept bugging me about how she was not fully ascended. But now, I finally did after going through Camelot, getting the one mission that allows you to farm for Medals and finally being able to fully ascend her. The extra ATK and HP will benefit her.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Eh, what do you mean?
That was just a knee jerk reaction. I just got on Twitter and Sonic/Sega accounts were saying that Sonic Team died or got trashed or something.

Turns out SEGA’s doing some restructuring.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
That was just a knee jerk reaction. I just got on Twitter and Sonic/Sega accounts were saying that Sonic Team died or got trashed or something.

Turns out SEGA’s doing some restructuring.

Hm, interesting to say the least.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Just finished my latest run of Banjo-Kazooie. It's amazing to think how well the game has aged for an N64 game. I mean most games from that era haven't aged particularly well but Banjo (and I guess DK64 as well) sorta have this "magic touch" to it where it's visuals look good in any era. Rare was def ahead of it's time.

Now it's time for Banjo-Tooie. My personal favorite in the series which I though up'd everything from Kazooie and made it even better.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Damn, you get payed real well for winning Capcom Cup. A quarter mil?

So yeah, Kage is Ryu's version of Oni. Surprised his hair isn't red though.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
For anyone that cares about SFV, the first Season 4 fighter got revealed on twitter and the character is...

“Kage”

He is an evolution of Evil Ryu, the Oni to Ryu.

I’m happy Evil Ryu’s in, I over him in SFIV, but I don’t like Kage’s default costume though. I let looks like I’m may end up having to get a nostalgia costume that would be similar to his look in SFIV.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Don’t know where else to put this but I just want to get something off my chest.
I’ve been going through a tough, lonely patch for the past month or so. Practically all the few friends I’ve got irl have moved pretty far into different states and I only rarely see them now. I have thought about meeting new people, I go out a few times a week to run errands and a few other things so that’s possible but I have such social anxiety and trust issues on top of a severe speech impediment which makes it a little more than a challenge for me.

My speech fluency has been especially bad recently since it pretty much goes hand in hand with the anxieties I have and the upcoming holidays don’t make it much better. I’ve come to points a couple times a day where I can barely even speak despite all the techniques I use to try to work around it. It’s incredibly embarrassing to struggle so much when it’s pretty much effortless for almost everyone else.

Basically, I’m just stuck in a cycle of being alone outside and within myself.
As someone who deals with similar problems, hang in there. It's going to be tough, and I know it can feel hopeless at times, but once you find that way that works for you, you will find those that you can talk to more easily.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Never mind, Kage doesn’t have a nostalgia costume.

Damn It! Capcom the design kinda irks me (ESPECIALLY THE TEETH) I wish you could’ve just kept his SFIV design, and I’m not a fan of his new tastu and his overhead kick sorta lacks the same oomph like last time.

Red Hair and Hole in chest E. Ryu for life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom