• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm really stressed out right now and have nowhere to let it out.

Last night I had a fight with my parents. I won't go too into details but I will admit that there were things I did wrong (not illegal or seriously amoral or anything, just inconsiderate) and that they did have an actual reason to be angry with me. The issue is that the argument starting with my dad shouting as loud as he could while we were all in the car. He has an extremely explosive temperament and you never know when he will start shouting and yelling without any warning, and after having spend the past hour an a half trying to help and comfort my stressed out younger sister I was just not in the mood for his adult tantrums that night. So after apologizing for what I did wrong, I finally called him out on it for being immature, and told him that if he had just communicated his issue early I would have done things differently (which I absolutely would have, by the way).

The issue is that my mom also has a really explosive temper (although not quite as bad as my dad's, still pretty nasty), and recently lost her job as a teacher for losing patience and yelling at her students. She was right there when the argument happened. This morning, when I woke up, I saw I had a text from her reminding me of how she lost her job and admitting that those bursts of anger are childish, but also calling my words last night "poisonous". It's a problem both of my parents have had ever since I was little and something they both needed to be aware of, but I can also tell that my mom was legitimately hurt and offended by what I said last night, even if it wasn't directly meant for her.

I feel disgusting right now. No matter what I do I just can't shake this sick feeling I have inside my gut. I plan on apologizing when I see her tonight. I'm extremely awkward, but it needs to be done. Maybe I should bike into town and buy an apology gift...

On a side note about my younger sister, I her relationship with our parents has really been eroding for the past couple years. She constantly complains and criticizes them, and I always go out of my way to try and remind her of all their good traits when she does. I think we've both lived with our parents too long and need to move out pronto before either of our relationships with them degenerate even further. I'm currently planning on moving out with her and sharing an apartment in March, she just has a savings goal she'll reach first. Last night she noted that she wants to try and move date up to February though, and while I don't want to rush things I have enough money saved to cover for the both of us if she doesn't reach her goals.

I'm not even sure why I'm posting this here. I guess I'm hoping it'll help me feel a little better.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Ironically on ResetERA where I've been checking it seems like those are among the top characters that people seem to think are happening for some reason.

Which is. . .I don't know? I don't see it.
I would say Maximillian Dood had a hand in that considering he's a huge fan of the series, he would like to see Sub-Zero hpapen and after Joker's reveal and Reggie mentioning that the DLC characters would be characters new to the Smash series and that they would be unexpected, he pretty much went, "It's frickin' happening!" all over it, especially once it was revealed that Mortal Kombat 11 is coming to the Switch.

You can see his reaction to Joker and him thinking about a Mortal Kombat character happening here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_uwsPxUu-4

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I feel Scorpion's the only one who's actually viable because his most well known fatality is just breathing fire.
Joker's main weapons mean Scorpion's Kunai/Spear shouldn't be as bad now too.

Helps that he's one of the most well-known MK characters and literally the logo for NetherRealm Studios too.

They could even reference the censorship on the SNES port of the first game by making opponents sweat when you hit them :p

Is he gonna happen? Probably not, but using the overly violent nature of the series as "too much for something like Smash" is probably not the reason why because it's possible to tone it down will still keeping Scorpion true to character. Injustice in particular proved it.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I feel Scorpion's the only one who's actually viable because his most well known fatality is just breathing fire.
Joker's main weapons mean Scorpion's Kunai/Spear shouldn't be as bad now too.

Honestly I’d be ok with Scorpion. He’d be pretty fun I think.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Overall I'd make a personal set of predictions for the remaining four DLC characters, but I trained myself in the art of character prediction during the Smash 4 era on GameFAQs by watching what everyone was doing and straining out all the inherent hypocrisy, which has made my overall view on pretty much every character under the sun rather. . .dim?

But my raw instinct tells me that if the first DLC character is a masked teen in a trenchcoat that fights with the help of his demonic inner self that characters being quirky is going to be as much of a thread as them being new ground for Smash, and most of what I've seen anyone suggest as of yet feels a bit too tame for that.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Ed Boon bias is strong too.
You'd be biased over a character you voiced too, even if it's literally just one line. Even more so if you created said character too. :p

Funnily enough the MKX and MK11 reveal trailers have him killing the other two characters that were also in Injustice.
But that's just sheer coincidence lol
He wanted to come back into that franchise to kick Batman's ass again :V

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Since the topic is on third-parties, my top choices would be Maxwell, Scorpion, and Morrigan.
*blinks*

Well. . .Maxwell wouldn't be boring, at least.

Is his studio doing OK? I heard some rough stuff was going down last time I checked but Scribblenauts games are still coming out regardless. . .

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Tbqh the only characters I can say for sure have a below 0% chance are Mortal Kombat characters.
I could see it happen. They've been toned down before, and I'm sure ed boon and everyone else involved with MK would be down for it. With 11 coming to Switch they clearly don't mind MK. So I wouldn't be shocked. A MK character would be a big money maker and really stir up talk so it could work pretty well for them.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I could see it happen. They've been toned down before, and I'm sure ed boon would be down for it. With 11 coming to Switch they clearly don't mind MK. So I wouldn't be shocked. A MK character would be a big money maker and really stir up talk so it could work pretty well for them.
Not to mention every fighting game fan jumping at it because it's pretty much the closest thing to Mortal Kombat x Street Fighter we're ever gonna get. :p

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
*blinks*

Is his studio doing OK? I heard some rough stuff was going down last time I checked but Scribblenauts games are still coming out regardless. . .
Afaik, 5th Cell has been pretty dormant recently. I think something related to Scribblenauts got mentioned not too long ago but other than that, there hasn’t been much unfortunately.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I'm not gonna lie I'm starting to actually believe MK has a chance in Smash.

When Kenny and Max started talking about the theory on YoVideogames I essentially paid it no mind, but MK11 being on Switch AND the fact that these characters are going to be "shocking" or surprising or whatever makes me think there is a case to be made.

They could just as easily pick Sub-Zero to represent the series and give him a scorpion color if they're worried that they can't translate Scorpion completely without the gore. They showed in Injustice that they can easily tone the MK characters down and still make them feel visceral. Hell, Sub's victory animation in that game implies that he tears the opponent's head off without actually showing a damn thing. Not saying Smash will get anything like that because obviously they won't, but I do think they can make him work.

Do I think it's gonna happen though? Not really, but I do admit they have a chance.

I have a shortlist of dlc characters already that I think are gonna be in, I'm excited to see how wrong I am in the future.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think both in terms of what I expect and what I want anymore is that I just want the newcomers to dance for me like a circus act. I'm not getting Tails anyway and what we've been shown so far DLC wise is just so much more wild than what anyone ever actually suggests.

Amuse me, Ninty.

Give me that spit take when the video plays and then set off a chain reaction of really dumb entertaining fanart.

Entertain me. Bedazzle me. Put on a show. I paid you 25 dollars for the DLC pack, convince me to spend 25 more just on popcorn runs.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

When Kenny and Max started talking about the theory on YoVideogames I essentially paid it no mind, but MK11 being on Switch AND the fact that these characters are going to be "shocking" or surprising or whatever makes me think there is a case to be made.

They could just as easily pick Sub-Zero to represent the series and give him a scorpion color if they're worried that they can't translate Scorpion completely without the gore. They showed in Injustice that they can easily tone the MK characters down and still make them feel visceral. Hell, Sub's victory animation in that game implies that he tears the opponent's head off without actually showing a damn thing. Not saying Smash will get anything like that because obviously they won't, but I do think they can make him work.

Do I think it's gonna happen though? Not really, but I do admit they have a chance.

I have a shortlist of dlc characters already that I think are gonna be in, I'm excited to see how wrong I am in the future.
What's your shortlist? Even if I'm too cynical to have a full one at the ready that doesn't mean I can't pretend to myself that I'm GOING to at some point and cross reference other peoples' lists for ideas and comparison, LOL

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Yeah I remember that with Max and Kenny. I’d still prefer Scorpion if was the character choice

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The idea of a Dragon Quest character always kind of bored me to the point that the franchise has no distinctive traits in my mind outside of having Dragon Ball's artist and a Nazi for a composer,
You should at leaste try to see more in the game then those two things because its a really fun game

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
When it comes to DLC, I'm just mixed on the whole thing, really: I do have a couple wants of course (Banjo and Yuri Lowell or Lloyd Irving), but that's about it since I know Isaac is not likely to happen this wave.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
They could just as easily pick Sub-Zero to represent the series and give him a scorpion color if they're worried that they can't translate Scorpion completely without the gore. They showed in Injustice that they can easily tone the MK characters down and still make them feel visceral.
Scorpion was in the original Injustice.

And his most iconic Fatality is the easiest to translate as a Final Smash due to the lack of any dismemberment.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Maxwell from Scribblenauts or something else?
Of course from Scribblenauts.
*blinks*

There was actually a Scribblenauts game in March of this year.

Though research says it was developed by Shiver Entertainment instead of 5th Cell, its usual developer.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Found something cool.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

On the topic of MK in Smash. It'll be either Sub-Zero or Scorpion. I do find it funny that the main agurements for the two are whether or not the other is too violent for the game. Scorpion with his Spear, Sub-Zero with his first Fatality being the head rip.

Of course, they could just take the SNES route and let Sub-Zero freeze the opponent solid and then break them into tiny pieces, and make it a more cinematic Final Smash, like Captain Falcon if need be. He also had his Ice Bomb Fatality in MK2, which got reused in MKX.

For either character, maybe they can poke fun of them being in a more friendly game by having them perform a friendship instead of Fatality.

D

Deleted member

Pshhh Sub-Zero > Scorpion. :p
To be fair, Sub-Zero has appeared in every main line MK game, unlike Scorpion. :p (Haha, MK3.)

Also, though I don't think an MK character will make it in. It more so has to do with it being a western third party that makes it tricky rather than violence or whatever.

As MK despite its violence has made notable attempts of not being violent. Through its movie, the cartoon, and MK vs DC. Are any of these any good? Not really.(Then again I'd argue most MK stuff is middle of the road, but eh.) And regardless MK is more than just its violence, heck, a lot of the time the violence is more comical than anything with how nonsensical it is.(Again, ****ing MK3.)

KMDP

Smash Legend
Hades + Elise is some good stuff. . .or at least I've figured it was using it myself and this reaffirms my personal biases LOL

All I have left percentage wise to do on my WoL file is the bad ends, but I skipped straight to the good one. I figure down the line I'll do the bad ends and then maybe even further down the line start a Hard playthrough since I did everything on normal, but for now ehhhhhhh

I ended up using Giratina and Mega Man of all things as my combo against Baby Bowser by the end of the several tries it took me, and since I normally run Hades on Inkling as my duo I think you can tell I wasn't having the best of times LOL. And multiple of the prior tries were cut off in the home stretch, so I know that feeling for SURE, LOL
Just realised that it's probably because I'm doing WoL on Hard that I'm having so much trouble with Galeem and Dharkon.

I'm currently trying to beat Dharkon with Cloud*, but it's piecing attack (the attack where it makes 4/5 lances and tries to stab you with them) is giving me trouble (I always dodge at the wrong moment and get combo'd).

*Cloud + Hades + Adventure Skills is great, because his Limit Gauge fills within about three Smash Attacks.
I'm really stressed out right now and have nowhere to let it out.

Last night I had a fight with my parents. I won't go too into details but I will admit that there were things I did wrong (not illegal or seriously amoral or anything, just inconsiderate) and that they did have an actual reason to be angry with me. The issue is that the argument starting with my dad shouting as loud as he could while we were all in the car. He has an extremely explosive temperament and you never know when he will start shouting and yelling without any warning, and after having spend the past hour an a half trying to help and comfort my stressed out younger sister I was just not in the mood for his adult tantrums that night. So after apologizing for what I did wrong, I finally called him out on it for being immature, and told him that if he had just communicated his issue early I would have done things differently (which I absolutely would have, by the way).

The issue is that my mom also has a really explosive temper (although not quite as bad as my dad's, still pretty nasty), and recently lost her job as a teacher for losing patience and yelling at her students. She was right there when the argument happened. This morning, when I woke up, I saw I had a text from her reminding me of how she lost her job and admitting that those bursts of anger are childish, but also calling my words last night "poisonous". It's a problem both of my parents have had ever since I was little and something they both needed to be aware of, but I can also tell that my mom was legitimately hurt and offended by what I said last night, even if it wasn't directly meant for her.

I feel disgusting right now. No matter what I do I just can't shake this sick feeling I have inside my gut. I plan on apologizing when I see her tonight. I'm extremely awkward, but it needs to be done. Maybe I should bike into town and buy an apology gift...

On a side note about my younger sister, I her relationship with our parents has really been eroding for the past couple years. She constantly complains and criticizes them, and I always go out of my way to try and remind her of all their good traits when she does. I think we've both lived with our parents too long and need to move out pronto before either of our relationships with them degenerate even further. I'm currently planning on moving out with her and sharing an apartment in March, she just has a savings goal she'll reach first. Last night she noted that she wants to try and move date up to February though, and while I don't want to rush things I have enough money saved to cover for the both of us if she doesn't reach her goals.

I'm not even sure why I'm posting this here. I guess I'm hoping it'll help me feel a little better.
Ah, yes, calling people out on their bad behaviour is "poisonous".

Ignoring the fact that they are the problem.

Chrono.

I don't think violence is the issue with MK in Smash by any means (otherwise lolBayo).

It's is status in Japan... being that it has no status. Considered a kusoge (trash game) by the Japanese FGC and having a number of it's games banned (MKX I believe was one), I just can't see the suits at Ninty Japan going for it.

Also as for MK11 being on Switch. Huge reminder that the only mainline MK titles to miss Nintendo consoles were MK9 and X. Pretty sure the only reason they missed out in the first place was because of very poor timing (Wii was on it's way out during 9 and the Wii U probably couldn't handle the graphics intensive X without it being a nightmare to port.)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I honestly think Friendships would fit better as post-battle victory animations.
****. That's STRONG. That's why you're one of the GOATs here.

To be fair, Sub-Zero has appeared in every main line MK game, unlike Scorpion. :p (Haha, MK3.)

Also, though I don't think an MK character will make it in. It more so has to do with it being a western third party that makes it tricky rather than violence or whatever.

As MK despite its violence has made notable attempts of not being violent. Through its movie, the cartoon, and MK vs DC. Are any of these any good? Not really.(Then again I'd argue most MK stuff is middle of the road, but eh.) And regardless MK is more than just its violence, heck, a lot of the time the violence is more comical than anything with how nonsensical it is.(Again, ****ing MK3.)
I would agree that MK's biggest hill to climb isn't even the violence(again, look at Injustice 1 and 2, Sub-Zero and Scorpion can be kept in tact without the need for gore, surprisingly.) The fact that it's a western developed game, one that never really did well in Japan, unlike say, Crash Bandicoot, will have a hard time getting into a crossover like this.

Which is a shame, since to the rest of the world, MK's one of the most notable gaming franchises, and sells like crazy everywhere else.

That said, in a perfect world, the MK ninja in Smash would have those MK3 grunts and the MK2 or MK3 design too.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't think violence is the issue with MK in Smash by any means (otherwise lolBayo).

It's is status in Japan... being that it has no status. Considered a kusoge (trash game) by the Japanese FGC and having a number of it's games banned (MKX I believe was one), I just can't see the suits at Ninty Japan going for it.

Also as for MK11 being on Switch. Huge reminder that the only mainline MK titles to miss Nintendo consoles were MK9 and X. Pretty sure the only reason they missed out in the first place was because of very poor timing (Wii was on it's way out during 9 and the Wii U probably couldn't handle the graphics intensive X without it being a nightmare to port.)
Yeah, MK has had a pretty strong showing on Nintendo consoles. I would argue, that before the SF Collection(and USF2), it had a better track record on Nintendo systems than Street Fighter. Definitely a better showing than Tekken's had, as much of a Tekken fan that I am.

D

Deleted member

Well on the bright side MK itself now tends to have the grittier guests in their own games anyway.

Still I kind of see why people get upset when a pretty huge portion of Smash newcomers are potentially just Jrpg protags. I hope we get at least big western rep that isn't Crash.(Not that I'm against Crash, I just wouldn't be surprised at all and as stated he's also notable in Japan.) Or really, non-Japanese popular rep I should say since some of the characters I can think of such as Scorpion are otherwise very popular worldwide.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Don’t know where else to put this but I just want to get something off my chest.
I’ve been going through a tough, lonely patch for the past month or so. Practically all the few friends I’ve got irl have moved pretty far into different states and I only rarely see them now. I have thought about meeting new people, I go out a few times a week to run errands and a few other things so that’s possible but I have such social anxiety and trust issues on top of a severe speech impediment which makes it a little more than a challenge for me.

My speech fluency has been especially bad recently since it pretty much goes hand in hand with the anxieties I have and the upcoming holidays don’t make it much better. I’ve come to points a couple times a day where I can barely even speak despite all the techniques I use to try to work around it. It’s incredibly embarrassing to struggle so much when it’s pretty much effortless for almost everyone else.

Basically, I’m just stuck in a cycle of being alone outside and within myself.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Scorpion was in the original Injustice.

And his most iconic Fatality is the easiest to translate as a Final Smash due to the lack of any dismemberment.
I always forget about the Fire Breath.

He'd work too then, I was focused more on the chains.

ALSO, if we get MK in Smash I really want their announcer to do their victory screens.

What's your shortlist? Even if I'm too cynical to have a full one at the ready that doesn't mean I can't pretend to myself that I'm GOING to at some point and cross reference other peoples' lists for ideas and comparison, LOL
Joker
Erdrick
Solaire (And an Artorias Mii Costume)
Steve/Banjo/Master Chief
Dante/Crash/Leon/Lloyd

I'm actually leaning more towards Master Chief than the other two for Microsoft, and for the last rep it's honestly a toss up. If we do get a Sony rep I can't see it being anyone other than Crash (despite my desire for Kratos), and if we don't then those other three characters I see as either big enough series to make a splash or make sense in terms of the companies involved (Bandai not having a character other than Pac-Man seems asinine to me, and if Heihachi is still impossible due to Sakurai's comments about his moveset then Lloyd makes the most sense to appeal to Nintendo fans.)

I don't think my choices are THAT out of left field (except for maybe Chief but I can explain why I think he's more likely than a lot give him credit for.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom