• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Vince McMahon writes an actual anime
>Your waifu turns heel at the end of every season.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So how many of you here will be getting Ultimate on launch day, out of curiosity?

It's far too close to Christmas for me to get it any way other than as a Christmas gift, but I'm perfectly fine with that.
I really don't want to, but a few people have been asking me to play online, and to be honest, it's gonna be one of the most popular games for YouTube and Twitch for a while, so as someone trying to get into that, I feel like I'm obligated to get the game at launch.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So how many of you here will be getting Ultimate on launch day, out of curiosity?

It's far too close to Christmas for me to get it any way other than as a Christmas gift, but I'm perfectly fine with that.
I want to. Don't know if I'll be able to, but I hope I can.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It’s pretty much me right now. My stomach feels like a tornado.

Pretty much every day the thought of working with my one boss stresses me out more and more.
I know exactly how that feels. The thought of doing something undesirable and it makes me completely lethargic and unmotivated. What's worse is when the symptoms spiral in to multiple things like stomach pain, chest tightness/pain, scary heart feelings, and breathing feeling labored.

As for your problem, I think drinking water would be the best fit. Given that food is probably the last thing on your mind right now. I find it helps alleviate the terrible feelings in the stomach somewhat to the point where I can eat a bit of food.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I will be picking the game up Thursday night to cry to and get drunk off of
Oh God...Raw Kills Anime

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
But what if said waifu was a bonafide merch seller and was beloved by children? Surely, she'd never turn her heel.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
But what if said waifu was a bonafide merch seller and was beloved by children? Surely, he'd never turn her heel.
She becomes the only main protagonist and everyone becomes secondary characters.
People get tired of her and want her killed off, however she overcomes the odds at the end of every season.
Fan-favorite character gets killed off-screen.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, did anyone see the new menu animations in star allies

Here's a preview of one of them

Kirbs.jpg

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Looking back on some of my old posts on this site and a lot of times I want to tell my past self "Dude chill the **** out man".
I have similar thoughts towards my own past self.

Keeping it short and simple, I was very naive and frequently overly-defensive of myself, lol.

I really don't want to, but a few people have been asking me to play online, and to be honest, it's gonna be one of the most popular games for YouTube and Twitch for a while, so as someone trying to get into that, I feel like I'm obligated to get the game at launch.
I can understand the feeling. It's one thing already to have to avoid sites for spoilers or just gameplay footage in general if you don't want to feel like you're missing out, but couple that with other people repeatedly asking you about it, then yeah, it's hard to not feel like you should already have the game by then.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Welp, that's it guys. I've gone and done it. I just canceled my preorder for that crummy game known as Ultimate.

So I could predownload the digital version and play it at midnight. I'm usually up at that hour anyway.

D

Deleted member

Fiaa Emburem & Bayonetta are next in the countdown

There is only one good picture and I know what it is.
Bayonetta picture tweet mentions there are three days left by the time of posting. It shows Bayonetta (plus Butterfly weave and Rodin).

Bayonetta. Three days left.
Three characters. Bayonetta, Madama Butterfly, and Rodin.
Bayonetta 3.

What did they mean by this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
There is only one good picture and I know what it is.
Bayonetta picture tweet mentions there are three days left by the time of posting. It shows Bayonetta (plus Butterfly weave and Rodin).

Bayonetta. Three days left.
Bayonetta 3.

What did they mean by this?
It means Bayonetta 3 is getting a gameplay trailer for TGA and the Bayo 3 costume is going to be in Smash Ultimate.

Maybe.

Chrono.

It means Bayonetta 3 is getting a gameplay trailer for TGA and the Bayo 3 costume is going to be in Smash Ultimate.

Maybe.
Hoping for long hair again but her 1 costume will be in anyway I'm sure so no skin off my back.

D

Deleted member

Maybe.
I'd like to see the former happening, but I doubt it since this is Nintendo we're talking about after all and this year hasn't been the best besides Smash going on. It'll most likely be just be Ultimate DLC character #1. Maybe Metroid Prime 4 too. I don't know.

But when a user on Twitter asked Kamiya if there is anything planned for the Game Awards, he responded with a smiley face. He could be either trolling (like his old tweets during the Bayo 2 days such as "Next week... in game magazines...") or be really hinting at something.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT'S BEEN ALMOST A YEAR JUST GIVE ME GAMEPLAY, SURELY YOU'VE HAD ENOUGH TIME TO PUT SOME CODE TO MAKE THE GAME PLAYABLE INTERNALLY, PLATINUM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
She becomes the only main protagonist and everyone becomes secondary characters.
People get tired of her and want her killed off, however she overcomes the odds at the end of every season.
Fan-favorite character gets killed off-screen.
Does she cut promo's undermining the Internet favorite and pushing the company narrative?

Keeping it short and simple, I was very naive and frequently overly-defensive of myself, lol.
But for me it was even worse because some of my earlier posts were completely wack and then of course I come across the posts where I completely go off the handle and embarrass myself. Like goodness gracious past me needed to chill out big time and think before he posted.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Looking foward to see Bayonetta 3 info at TGA 2018
Hopefully it will be big enough to last until the next info update at TGA 2019

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Status update:

View attachment 181324

There is a bat and it makes the sound. Getting it to fling enemies into the stratosphere is another matter, it's one of those things I'm going to have to either ask around on until someone who knows how can tell me what to do or luck out finding myself. But there is a bat, and it does make the sound.
565.png

I'mma enjoy this just so much.

Digging into knockback suggests it's just a property with a numerical value typically in the teens (highest I could find is a charged uppercut special at 70), which I figure would be simplest to adjust for a special attack. Don't know if you started with hammer as a base template, but almost all of their specials have some knockback modifier, setting one to, say, the hundreds somewhere might do the trick.

Also I found this, if looking at it might help:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1133716505

EAT
SLEEP
CHROMQUER
Dear god it's beautiful.

I'm jealous Pika doesn't have anything that good.

Goodnight guys. I really hope tomorrow is a good day...
Crossing fingers, fam.

I was just kind of weird.

But I've practiced over time

Now I'm firmly weird.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I use the splatoon green and neon red. Guess my Switch is in Christmas mode lol
I'm still with the gray Joy con... seriously, Joy Cons are somewhat way too expensive...

Even with my salary coming next day I don't think I will get a new Joy Cons anytime soon.
praline praline want matching icons?
I'll pass but... if I do, I might go with Alfyn or Tressa.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
View attachment 181357

I'mma enjoy this just so much.

Digging into knockback suggests it's just a property with a numerical value typically in the teens (highest I could find is a charged uppercut special at 70), which I figure would be simplest to adjust for a special attack. Don't know if you started with hammer as a base template, but almost all of their specials have some knockback modifier, setting one to, say, the hundreds somewhere might do the trick.

Also I found this, if looking at it might help:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1133716505

Dear god it's beautiful.

I'm jealous Pika doesn't have anything that good.

Crossing fingers, fam.

I was just kind of weird.

But I've practiced over time

Now I'm firmly weird.
Yup, I'm using the hammer as a base LOL. Although I hadn't actually assigned the hit to a special thus far because all of the hammer specials seem. . .nowhere near in line with what the Home Run Bat does?

I know Ridiculous Knockback exists, but downloading Steam mods does something different with the mod files than downloading from other places that I don't want to dig through when using mods as references and aside from that it tweaks the modifier for -everything- so I assume it uses different code. Fortunately after my asking around someone in the Starbound community slipped me a file from a mod that DOES modify the knockback on an individual weapon's attack, so I should be able to tweak it from there if I can figure out how they did it.

I do wonder if I can crossbreed melee attacks from different weapons without breaking the game in order to make it more accurate. . .

INB4 I crash my game LOL

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Yup, I'm using the hammer as a base LOL. Although I hadn't actually assigned the hit to a special thus far because all of the hammer specials seem. . .nowhere near in line with what the Home Run Bat does?

I know Ridiculous Knockback exists, but downloading Steam mods does something different with the mod files than downloading from other places that I don't want to dig through when using mods as references and aside from that it tweaks the modifier for -everything- so I assume it uses different code. Fortunately after my asking around someone in the Starbound community slipped me a file from a mod that DOES modify the knockback on an individual weapon's attack, so I should be able to tweak it from there if I can figure out how they did it.

I do wonder if I can crossbreed melee attacks from different weapons without breaking the game in order to make it more accurate. . .

INB4 I crash my game LOL
Honestly if you just make an Uppercut clone that goes stratospheric I think that'll d-

Ooo, wait, wait, Skyrim giant's hammer. :awesome:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Honestly if you just make an Uppercut clone that goes stratospheric I think that'll d-

Ooo, wait, wait, Skyrim giant's hammer. :awesome:
Apparently I have no idea what I'm doing regardless, so that may have to wait a bit LOL. Nothing worked as intended and it was all I could do just to revert the files to where I left them.

That and I'm working on the finals for a class and it's giving me a headache.

Procrastinating from coding CSS to code JSON is simultaneously a good call for learning the ins and outs of coding and a really bad call for actually taking a break.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Does she cut promo's undermining the Internet favorite and pushing the company narrative?
Yes, it is basically Raw with huge tiddies, however in season 3 they go PG mode.

Now I unironically want a WWE anime, even if the writing is ****

Ivander

Smash Legend
If this is true, this is one of the strangest Fighter/Spirit combinations.

The hostile Assist that appears is apparently Sukapon.
I know it's probably the gloves and whatnot, but still, it's a rather bizarre choice.
Now to just wait for that artwork of Sonic with no arms and legs, just his hands and feet and with an Blonde hairdo, purple sweater and red scarf.

Last edited:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Today is the anniversary of "wind blowing hard in December", also known as Xenoblade X. Can't believe it's been only 3 years since it released, that's the one game I'd buy again if it was ported to the Switch. The more I think about it, the more I feel it's my favourite in the series lol. I'll still hope for a sequel in the future.

If this is true, this is one of the strangest Fighter/Spirit combinations.

The hostile Assist that appears is apparently Sukapon.
I know it's probably the gloves and whatnot, but still, it's a rather bizarre choice.
Now to just wait for that artwork of Sonic with no arms and legs, just his hands and feet and with an Blonde hairdo, purple sweater and red scarf.
I can already see devianart with the meme
"This is my OC donut steal Raynic!"

Still, I was pretty interested in seeing Rayman's spirit battle. I guess Sukapon is meant to represent Globox? Definitely a bizarre combination that's for sure, but Ray is so unique it would be hard to find something really fitting.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Apparently I have no idea what I'm doing regardless, so that may have to wait a bit LOL. Nothing worked as intended and it was all I could do just to revert the files to where I left them.

That and I'm working on the finals for a class and it's giving me a headache.

Procrastinating from coding CSS to code JSON is simultaneously a good call for learning the ins and outs of coding and a really bad call for actually taking a break.
Oof. Yeah, finals take priority.

Thank you for what's gone through so far though, bat makes me giddy as heck.

Now I unironically want a WWE anime, even if the writing is ****
...eh, I'd watch it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Between Fallout 76, Tumblr and this thing, it seems like I'm living through one big elaborate prank and god do I wish it was
There was a problem fetching the tweet

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Between Fallout 76, Tumblr and this thing, it seems like I'm living through one big elaborate prank and god do I wish it was
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Honestly just picked up a PS Classic myself, hoping its slipshod emulator would let me under the hood.

I am pleased.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm a ****in' moron. There ye go. -_-

Edit: its 5 in the morning and I'm still not asleep hence why I'm a ****in' moron FYI.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I will.

But only because I have the game pre-installed on my Switch by virtue of buying the Smash Switch bundle.

Had I already had a Switch, I would have gotten the game physical, which means I most certainly wouldn't have gotten the game launch day even if I wanted to (without personal effort); I don't think Amazon UK delivers pre-orders to Jersey quick enough for them to reach you On-the-Day anymore (though they used to), and, since I wouldn't have gotten in on the Friday of release if I got it via Amazon, I'd have had to wait until Tuesday to get (Royal Mail doesn't deliver parcels on Monday) or walk into the High Street personally to buy it myself.

Hmm...
Out of interest, I used Google Maps to work out how far the nearest Game Shop is from my house (a store called Seedee Johns, for those interested); turns out it's 1.9km away, or a 24 minute walk; and that's the route I would take, Google suggested a different route which is 0.3 km longer (or an additional 4 minutes (funny how a guy who actually lives on the island knows a quicker route than the algorithm)), but I think I know why it suggests that route and not the one I would take; the high street is uphill from where I live, the direct route (the one I would take) goes directly up the hill at a decently steep incline, the path Google suggests is less direct, walking around the hill at a less steep incline.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Simce I never got the time to organize my planned mains for Ultimate, here we go
Screenshot_20181204-082414~2.png

I like blondes, okay?
Ganondorf and Shulk are my Smash 4 mains
Robin is someone I was trying out some time ago and I really like the new red alt.
Zelda got the best visual buff and that's not up for debate, I'm gonna force myself to play as her.
Ridley and Richter are my most hyped newcomers, both look really good and share some traits with my mains that made me like them.
Dark Samus and Lucina are just for the aesthetic, I was already trying to learn Samus and I'm still better with Marth but I want to change that so I can use Lucina's blonde alt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom