• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

What if Sylux is the main villain of 4 and a potential 5th Prime?
That's still far too up in the air, specially Prime 5 as that's not even in planning stages. People love to say "well, he's GOING TO be relevant" and that's exactly my problem with him. People like to mention Corrin but not only did we know they were the protagonists since the games had been announced but Fates had already released in Japan.
I doubt Prime 4 is coming until the end of 2019 so there won't even be time for people to get to know Sylux because he's not the protagonist and as thus won't be heavily marketed. If they're gonna advertise any villain returning, it's gonna be Ridley.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
KMDP KMDP staindgrey staindgrey

Moved this to the Nintenzone since it's off-topic.

More than Saiyans? Don't know about that. I'm going to go ahead and say Earthlings have very high potential.

Raditz was actually really strong for a Saiyan despite the memes. In this Saiyan Special Q&A with Toriyama in Saikyō Jump, (this is where S-Cells were introduced) Raditz with a PL of 1,200 was actually considered an upper-level warrior which is why he was paired with Nappa and Vegeta in the first place. Yamcha, Kuririn and Tenshinhan surpassed that with training from Kami and then when Kuririn got his potential unlocked he started out at over 10,000 (13,000 in Daizenshuu, surpassing Nappa's 4,000, an elite warrior) and according to Vegeta Kuririn's power along with Gohan’s kept rising and would have been enough to help fight first form Freeza:

His power continuing to rise was evident when he fought evenly with Ginyu-Goku who had a PL of 23,000:

The V-Jump scan itself that was published around the same time Freeza's second form was introduced in the manga put Kuririn at this point at 75,000, higher than the Ginyu's sans Ginyu himself. For an Earthling that's extremely powerful. The Ginyu's were mutants and considered one of the most powerful fighters in the universe second to Freeza himself. And that isn't even factoring any gains made from the 3-year training for the artificial humans and in Super.

Slight spoilers from the Broly movie, it's just PL info from the beginning of the movie so not really important to anything.

Paragus after being scanned by Cheelai and Lemo is worth 4200. Broly, as a kid was scanned by Paragus which revealed to have a power level of 920. Earthlings Z-warriors are far stronger than any Saiyan from back when they were still thriving.
I got back on the forum way too late to actually contribute to a discussion about humans vs. saiyans, but I enjoyed reading this. Really nice job.

What I struggle with in Dragonball Z is deciphering what was an intentional lore choice from what was done out of necessity to make minor characters relevant. Gohan's had his potential unlocked twice but still struggles to turn super saiyan by Resurrection F. Master Roshi couldn't take on King Piccolo and win, but he can participate in the ToP, where every combatant should be faster than he can see (considering they've made a point multiple times in the series of saying that power levels also correlate to perception, in the saiyan, Frieza and Cell sagas, and Roshi should be SO far behind by then). The humans and Piccolo apparently get much larger power boosts from training with King Kai than Goku did, yet when they train for the androids, they seem to comparatively not grow at all. (And also never learned the Kaioken or spirit bomb for some reason.) So which is it?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What if Sylux is the main villain of 4 and a potential 5th Prime?
They did say sylux is gonna have a big role in prime 4. And the way they talked about it kind of sound like he’s he main villain. Combine that with the federation force ending and he seems to be a pretty big player for it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
They did say sylux is gonna have a big role in prime 4. And the way they talked about it kind of sound like he’s he main villain. Combine that with the federation force ending and he seems to be a pretty big player for it.
Yeah, I wonder if the other hunters will appear at all in 4.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I had to come back online to set-up my Switch (which finally got here). I've played a little bit of Mario Odyssey, and slowly getting a hang of the controls (I still need to commit the dive actions to muscle memory).
I got back on the forum way too late to actually contribute to a discussion about humans vs. saiyans, but I enjoyed reading this. Really nice job.

What I struggle with in Dragonball Z is deciphering what was an intentional lore choice from what was done out of necessity to make minor characters relevant. Gohan's had his potential unlocked twice but still struggles to turn super saiyan by Resurrection F. Master Roshi couldn't take on King Piccolo and win, but he can participate in the ToP, where every combatant should be faster than he can see (considering they've made a point multiple times in the series of saying that power levels also correlate to perception, in the saiyan, Frieza and Cell sagas, and Roshi should be SO far behind by then). The humans and Piccolo apparently get much larger power boosts from training with King Kai than Goku did, yet when they train for the androids, they seem to comparatively not grow at all. (And also never learned the Kaioken or spirit bomb for some reason.) So which is it?
I'll tackle these one at a time.
The thing about Gohan is that he doesn't really like to fight, so he doesn't train for fighting unless he needs to, at least not until after Resurrection F. Even if his Potential was unlocked, if he doesn't keep up with his training his body will weaken, and likely, so will his connection to his Ki. After Resurrection F, he realised that if he allowed himself to get too soft, then there might come a time when Goku and Vegeta aren't there, and he's the third strongest fighter, so what then? Now he trains to protect the things he cares about.

With Master Roshi, one of the things about the series is that, even when someone thinks they've reached their limit, they can always push a little harder (basically the running theme of the Tournament of Power). In Dragon Ball, Master Roshi thought he was as strong as he could be, but Goku, Krillin and Tien showed themselves to be able to surpass what Master Roshi thought was the limits of mortal men, so he started training in secret (Goku even says this in Super, I believe it was in the Yurin episode, something along the lines of "So you've been training in Secret, huh, Master Roshi?")

About training for the Androids, Piccolo, Krillin and Tien did get way stronger (Piccolo wouldn't have been able to deal with Dr. Gero like he did otherwise), they were probably stronger than Goku's base level (in theory), it's just that Goku also has Super Saiyan (a 50x multiplier) so Goku can become multiple times stronger in an instant.

Finally, regarding Piccolo, Tien and Yamcha not learning King Kai's techniques, they were only on King Kai's planet for half the time Goku was there (Goku was on the planet for a whole year, while I think Tien, who I believe was revived last, was only there for about 6 months, Piccolo was only there for about the time it took for Bulma, Krillin and Gohan to reach Namek, which I think was a few weeks). Piccolo barely even engaged with King Kai in the short time he was there, just meditating under the 10x Gravity inherent to the Planet. At best, Tien probably learned either the Kaioken or the Spirit Bomb, but not both, and has never actually needed to use the one he did learn; I'd assume he learned the Spirit Bomb, if he learned either at all.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Hey fam.

Uh.

Not doing great this morning. No reason I wanna talk about, just mental stuff.

Feel both dumb and selfish asking, but...anyone got, like, something uplifting handy?

Dumb joke or good vibes or cute animal or something. Dunno. Not picky.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hey fam.

Uh.

Feel both dumb and selfish asking, but...anyone got, like, something uplifting handy?

Have a sleepy purple boi

b3n6nqig2sy11.jpg

D

Deleted member

Hey fam.

Uh.

Have a reminder as to why Ewan McGregor is the best thing to ever have happened to Star Wars
0694bcdd-6023-462e-b1e9-505d77e201f2.jpg

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Looks like Square Enix joined the countdown with a Nomura illustration.

Wow they do remember clouds In the game.
Hey fam.

Uh.

Well im mobile but have the adorable Detective Pikachu:
1543587625063.png

I hope your day gets better

D

Deleted member

Thanks to Red, I finally have an excuse to post all these dumb memes I had saved so tyvm
e96fd431-fc4c-4ba2-805a-f99c15a63f40.jpg

Wow they do remember clouds In the game.
Good thing they do because I sure as hell almost forgot.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Lucky. I've been trying to pull her for 5 months. Still nothing.
All I did was spam and waste orbs for however long she’s been out...hoping they’d finally let me get the character. Wish it was easier to get characters you want (but then it wouldn’t be a gatcha game)
View attachment 180687

I should be ashamed at how bad this edit is.

But I'm not.
Only problem is this isn’t a bad edit

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah here’s something busted I saw someone pulled off:
79920F72-330D-4BF6-8DDE-C85790E0EDAC.jpeg

Nifil better start running

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Hey fam.

Uh.

This should do the trick.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The Mozart mask strikes again in Fate/Grand Order!

I'm getting Bruno vibes again, only this time, the white hair, similar-looking gold mask, tanned skin, and him having killer abs with his clothes off give me the impression.

And he did assure this:

:laugh::laugh:

The writing in this Christmas event so far has been funny!

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Moment's passed. Calm returned. Feeling better now.

Genuinely appreciate it fam, got a lotta smiles out of all that.

Other news, been fiddling with Virtual Desktop on the Go. Can't connect to my PC from my phone hotspot...but the background music is a genuine goddamn banger. Wish I could find it to share.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Finish watching Wreck it Ralph 2, these two fanarts... are tie with this, sort of...
Once again... Sonic did have some noticeable roles in the movie, his basically just explains Ralph what's Wifi.

And uh...
Coincidentally... there was indeed a scene where Ralph and Vanellope was in Tapper, and naw... she can drink in Tappers, it wasn't a big deal.

Let me just mention the elephant in the room... Wreck it Ralph 2, wasn't better than the first movie, once again shows that Disney still has that "sequel curse"... where most sequels of the great Disney movie were either meh, or just crap...

Oh well, looking forward to watching Spiderman: Into the Spider Verse I guess, I was a bit surprised that the movie was rated 6+ (Somewhat between PG and PG 13) here...

And yeah... the Princess part... oh boy, as we all know, nearly all Princesses went under some kind of plastic surgery or something (Especially character we were debuted in 3D movies like Rapunzel, Moana (No wait she pretty much looks the same), Mirida, Anna and Elsa... Cinderella is my least fav imo by the looks

Mulan is my fav hands down,

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Not gonna lie though these are all C-Tier Nintendo characters. In my eyes at least.
In all fairness, I feel like there's not a lot of A or B-tiers left.

There still are, but eventually, they'll end up having to go a little lower if they have to add more characters.

you can't have a series named Metroid and not have a Metroid playable!
Dark Samus is Metroid Prime. I rest my case. :p

Oh yeah here’s something busted I saw someone pulled off:
View attachment 180708

Nifil better start running
Um... how did they get 78 HP?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Look at this ****.
That look disgusting, I love it.

The Doc finally got his diplomat, now he is going to prescribe to all of us Death Pills.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Scenario. You go to Burger King. You order a large fries, small drink and a cheeseburger. You don't like how much it costs. So you take it out on the cashier expecting the items to be reduced in price. You leave upset, feeling cheated. You complain about the time you wasted and how you'll never go to BK again.

I got a secret for you people who do this. Because a lot of people do this.

Do you see the numbers next to the item on the menu with a dollar sign in front of them?

That's how much the item costs.

You could of just read that, said no and left. It would of been quicker, less hassle and you would of not of given me a headache, making my day harder then it should be. Alright?

Cheers.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Scenario. You go to Burger King. You order a large fries, small drink and a cheeseburger. You don't like how much it costs. So you take it out on the cashier expecting the items to be reduced in price. You leave upset, feeling cheated. You complain about the time you wasted and how you'll never go to BK again.

Do you see the numbers next to the item on the menu with a dollar sign in front of them?

You could of just read that, said no and left. It would of been quicker, less hassle and you would of not of given me a headache, making my day harder then it should be. Alright?

Cheers.

I feel like your heart wanted to post the gif with Ralsei firing like crazy on this post (the one in your signature) but your brain knew it wouldn't give a good image, so you posted the "Ralsei attack" gif instead.

Someone should fusion the two gif and make so Ralsei take a gun inside his coat and fire after the first animation is done.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's already December here... gonna post this:

Xenoblade Chronciles 2, the best Nintendo Switch game/JRPG, 1st aniversary! I remember I bought/order the game at Gamestop, it was the first time I order a game at Gamestop and it was definitely my last time.

There weren't big changes to the game in general but man the game is so good compare to it was first released.

Saw some tweets too:

DON'T FORGET ME!

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Cheers.

glad I walk dogs. At least dogs dont go "I dont like the price of your service"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom