• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESZ!
There was a problem fetching the tweet
THIS IS WHAT I WANTED, THE EDGY CLONE TRIO IS FINALLY HERE.( :ultdarksamus:,:ultmetaknight: (DMK alt), :ultdarkpit:)
Shadow would’ve been a better member
So... now that it's been a whole day, how has everyone felt about the Direct in general? At this point, I've grown fond of Ken and might use him as long as he's got a blue palette swap. As for Isaac, I still feel like the whole "An Assist Trophy cannot get upgraded in the same game" may honestly just remain a fan rule to me, and although I've accepted he has no chance for DLC this round, I have confidence that if DLC continues, who knows?

As for Incineroar and the Piranha Plant, I'm neutral on both of them at this point, although I've begun to accept Incineroar making sense for Smash.
Besides Shadow not being playable, I can get over the good looking base roster (and Piranha Plant managed to gain my interest)

Only real problem with the game is the fact that everyone except Kirby is dead...so he’s all well get to play (obviously)
WWE gave the title back to Brock ****ing Lesnar.

Shane McMahon won the world cup when he wasn't even a contendant.

What even.
and Hulk Hogan being there at all...and the crowd being dead for almost everyone who isn’t old or AJ Styles (and women)
This news has solidified Pichu as one of my Smash Ultimate secondaries!

I've WANTED Spiky-Eared Pichu (he's my favorite Pichu) to be one of Pichu's alts, and it actually came true!
That’s cool

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Shadow would’ve been a better member

Besides Shadow not being playable, I can get over the good looking base roster (and Piranha Plant managed to gain my interest)

Only real problem with the game is the fact that everyone except Kirby is dead...so he’s all well get to play (obviously)

and Hulk Hogan being there at all...and the crowd being dead for almost everyone who isn’t old or AJ Styles (and women)

That’s cool
You are indeed right, but hey, gotta work with what we have.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
WWE gave the title back to Brock ****ing Lesnar.

Shane McMahon won the world cup when he wasn't even a contendant.

What even.
Glad i'm not watching that BS.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I see great potential within this comic.
'can't wait to see Mega Man talking about the comrade he lost due to being possessed by Miller.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
My newcomer ranking in terms of who I'm hyped for:

1. :ultchrom:
2. :ultken: <--- Ken
3. :ultsimon:
4. :ultinkling:
5. :ultpiranha:<--- Piranha Plant
6. :ultridley:
7. :ultkrool:
8. :ultdaisy:
9. :ultdarksamus:
10. :ultincinceroar:<-- Incineroar
11. :ultrichter:
12. :ultisabelle:

The lowest opinion I have towards my least hyped newcomer is more indifference than "I really don't want this character in Smash."

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Oh we're doing the ranking thing? Well here's mine...

:ultkrool:: The only one in my Top 3 wanted newcomers that made it in and I guess the only one that stood a chance realistically. Isaac has been deconfirmed and Andy's chances are slim but i'm still holding out a little bit of hope for him.

As for K. Rool, Sakurai really did the character justice with how he approached the character's moveset, aesthetic, what have you. He looks to be one of the very few viable heavywieghts in Smash. Fingers crossed. Having wanted this characters since the days of Melee, it really feels like a dream come true to have him in.
:ultsimon:/:ultrichter:: Their inclusion got me in to Castlevania and the tracks from that game are lit. The movesets are okay but nothing overly impressive (still pretty neat though). Dracula's Castle is by far the standout stage of Smash Ultimate.
:ultken:: Ken's design and moveset is sick despite him being a Ryu Echo. Basically, they took the shortcomings Ryu had and made Ken a better fighter with more combo potential, what have you.
:ultridley:: I was indifferent to Ridley for a long time but he is a really popular request that i'm glad made it in despite getting the shaft many times before. And his moveset looks pretty fun.
:ultincinceroar:: Didn't care about him at first but the idea of a wrestler character in Smash appealed to me. Seeing him in the Direct made me like the moveset he had and i'm looking forward to playing as him.
:ultinkling:: I don't care about Splatoon but the character looks fun to play.
:ultchrom:: More FE is bleh to me (unless it's Lyn) but Chrom fights like Roy, one of my mains so he's someone i'm going to play as.
:ultdarksamus:: A thing I guess. Nice way to pad out the Metroid representation.
:ultdaisy:: Reminds me of a certain user (he who shall not be named) but still a clone with a distinct personality and aesthetic.
:ultisabelle:: Meh. I don't really care. Rod's pretty cool tho no lie.

Ivander

Smash Legend
BlizzCon is happening, it's Overwatch's turn and we got a new animated short featuring McCree (And more glorius Mercer)

And from the same short, our new hero 29, Ashe!
Now that I actually got the chance to watch both, Ashe does look fun. But then again, she is a DPS character, which tend to be the fun ones. And she's a shotgun character which quite a number of people wanted, much like a flamethrower wielder. Either way, looking good.

And the short was pretty good. Listening to Matt Mercer is always a treat. AND THIS CHARACTER FINALLY APPEARS!

Awesome! Pretty nice to see a potential Omnic hero and what looks like an important Omnic character appear, since there are hardly any notable Omnic characters in general besides Bastion, Orisa, Zenyatta, Mondatta, Maximilian and now Bob.

Either way, good stuff.
Edit: Ah, so the new Omnic robot who appeared in the story is named Echo. Nice.
2nd Edit: Ashe is voiced by Jennifer Hale, A.K.A. Female Shepard and Metroid Prime Samus Aran. And Ashe certainly came at a good time with Red Dead Redemption 2 just releasing.
I see great potential within this comic.
'can't wait to see Mega Man talking about the comrade he lost due to being possessed by Miller.
Okay, when the game releases, there better be comics and interpretations of the possessed characters in World of Light, like Pyra possessing Lucina, The Imprisoned possessing K.Rool, etc.

Last edited:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
I'll join the fun

1.:ultken: <--- Ken Masters
2.:ultinkling:
3.:ultchrom:
4.:ultsimon:
5.:ultrichter:
6.:ultisabelle:
7.:ultincinceroar: <--- Incineroar
8.:ultridley:
9.:ultkrool:
10.:ultdarksamus:
11.:ultdaisy:
12.:ultpiranha: <---Piranha plant

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
1. Inkling (the WOOMY)
2. Incineroar (My Alola starter, needs some love)
3. Ridley (IDK just looks cool I guess)
4+: Just kinda indifferent to most of these guys really

TL;DR I'm good with this cast but what's in the DLC mystery box???

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Feel like ranking the current newcomers from most hyped to me to least:
  1. :ultkrool:
  2. :ultinkling:
  3. :ultken:
  4. :ultincinceroar:
  5. :ultpiranha:
  6. :ultsimon:
  7. :ultrichter:
  8. :ultridley:
  9. :ultisabelle:
  10. :ultchrom:
  11. :ultdaisy:
  12. :ultdarksamus:
Play along if y'all like.
I suppose I'll do this.
  1. :ultridley:
  2. :ultdarksamus:
  3. :ultrichter:
  4. :ultchrom:
  5. :ultsimon:
  6. :ultinkling:
  7. :ultpiranha:<----Piranha Plant
  8. :ultken:<----Ken Masters
  10. :ultkrool:
  11. :ultincineroar:<----Incineroar
  12. :ultdaisy:
I suppose I should add that my feelings toward those on the lower end are less "I don't want them in" and more "I don't personally care for them, but I'm happy for their fans."

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Black Sonic to be used instead I guess

The main event was even worse. Shawn Micheals carried the match even though he’s been out the game for 8 1/2 years
That's not a clone sir, this doesn't qualify for the Edgy Clone Squad, sorry. (I'm talking from origin btw, DMK is a palette swap, but he is a clone of MK in his own game, so that count, somewhat)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That's not a clone sir, this doesn't qualify for the Edgy Clone Squad, sorry. (I'm talking from origin btw, DMK is a palette swap, but he is a clone of MK in his own game, so that count, somewhat)
****...how about...idk I got nothing outside of the 3 you picked

D

Deleted member

My rankings are:
1. :ultrichter:
2. :ultridley:
3. :ultkrool:
5. :ultken:
6. :ultdarksamus:
7. :ultpiranha:
8. :ultsimon: (Would be hier if Simon didn't look a bit fugly ingame. I guess it can't be helped considering a lot of 80s boxart had that style.)
9. :ultinkling:
11. :ultisabelle:

Iridium

Smash Hero
  11. :ultdaisy:
  12. :ultdarksamus:
1. :ultsimon:
2. :ultken:
3. :ultincinceroar:
4. :ultchrom:
5. :ultrichter:
6. :ultdarksamus:
7. :ultridley:
8. :ultpiranha:
10. :ultkrool:
11. :ultinkling:

My opinions can be a bit controversial, but I can't resist.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
****...how about...idk I got nothing outside of the 3 you picked
The only one I have are Dark :ultlink:, :ultyounglink: & :ulttoonlink:.

Honestly, that's too boring, they all should get their own fan club, the Dark Link Club.

D

Deleted member

The only good thing about Incineroar's inclusion is that I have a new punching bag.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The only good thing about Incineroar's inclusion is that I have a new punching bag.
The second good thing is that he atleast isn't another Gen 1 Pokemon or a pokemon that reference Gen 1.

....right?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'd agree but Decidueye could've done the same thing while also being an actual good inclusion.
Ya and loads of peoples all about Decidueye & Incineroar.

Meanwhile, I thought that Primarina would have been a cool addition, but she never got a chance.

Tho don't ask me how she could work as a fighter, I let the man who made a pot flower a playable character do the job.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

9. :ultchrom:
  10. :ultdaisy:
  11. :ultdarksamus:

100,000,000. The rest. Really.

Though I am thinking twice before thinking of getting the game, as much as I adore Rids. Many things I liked from the previous titles are gone, and I wanted to enjoy doing things like Targets with Ridley or collect more Trophies, see if he got more and having a bunch of drawing references, but learning that they are not there in favor of a bunch of glowing stickers and the other thing, just made me feel disappointed.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
As the owner of the Shantae thread, I've been in debate on whether or not Shantae is in or out for DLC mainly because of that one Spirit.
I don’t think spirits effect the chances of someone being dlc since they replaced trophies and Lucas and Mewtwo being trophies in 4 didn’t stop them from being dlc.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

100,000,000. The rest. Really.

Though I am thinking twice before thinking of getting the game, as much as I adore Rids. Many things I liked from the previous titles are gone, and I wanted to enjoy doing things like Targets with Ridley or collect more Trophies, see if he got more and having a bunch of drawing references, but learning that they are not there in favor of a bunch of glowing stickers and the other thing, just made me feel disappointed.
Alright but did you see this?

That's sexy, not normal sexy, but sexy nonethless.

D

Deleted member

I for one am so glad that it was Incineroar instead of Decidueye. Which is weird because I'm not too big of a cats, and I ****ing love birds, especially owls.

I just wish Decidueye composed itself more like a bird than a person. Which is ironic, but I find the wrestling gimmick way cooler than the archer gimmick. There's just way more you could do with wrestling and I've been waiting for a wrestling character in smash.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’d pay for free alts of characters like the red hair Simon and long hair Richter.

Also how do I get it so the Ken, Incineroar and pirahna plant icons show up?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I’d pay for free alts of characters like the red hair Simon and long hair Richter.

Also how do I get it so the Ken, Incineroar and pirahna plant icons show up?
Did you clean your internet cache?

If not, you need to do this to see the icon.

And yeah, I got :ultgreninja:'ed, I know, but still, I wanted to write this post.

D

Deleted member

Stop copying me. :p But yes. More specifically chronicles Simon, not just current Simon with red hair. LMAO. I just like bish Simon way more.

Did you clean your internet cache?

If not, you need to do this to see the icon.

And yeah, I got :ultgreninja:'ed, I know, but still, I wanted to write this post.
I don't see it, and I can see the 3 newcomer icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom