• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
GREAT.
10 YEARS OF MAINING OLD MAN IKE ARE OVER.
That said, I wouldn't worry too much. The meta hasn't even remotely begun to develop and even from the current gameplay we can see heavies still be combo food and have universally ****ty recoveries.
Can't even combo the combo food with my old main when they've slowed down a bunch of her moves, taken out a lot of her mind games, reduced the range on a bunch of her moves, and the only thing to make up for it is Luma respawn time getting unnerfed which is a non-factor because I was always good at keeping him safe and he's not even that great anymore.

And I'm still gonna be one of the lightest characters in the game and will be KO'd at 30% by these hard hitting heavies who are faster than me.

D

Deleted member

I've lost one of my main reasons for visiting this website, and I have no idea what to do now.
Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and Facebook are all much more popular than this small smash website and are the top social media places.

All great stuff. If you do not like SmashBoards then go there. Or whatever other idea.

The only one I use a lot out of those is Twitter.

If you do not want to visit a social media website, well be like me. Take a hiatus, have fun with your life, go outside, find a hobby, etc. Do not find enjoyment in only SmashBoards.

I used to be pessimistic and now I am more optimistic and I like myself. My hiatus was a success.

Okay, back to the Undertale game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESZ!
There was a problem fetching the tweet
THIS IS WHAT I WANTED, THE EDGY CLONE TRIO IS FINALLY HERE.( :ultdarksamus:,:ultmetaknight: (DMK alt), :ultdarkpit:)

inb4 peoples kill me for calling DS edgy.

Can't even combo the combo food with my old main when they've slowed down a bunch of her moves, taken out a lot of her mind games, reduced the range on a bunch of her moves, and the only thing to make up for it is Luma respawn time getting unnerfed which is a non-factor because I was always good at keeping him safe and he's not even that great anymore.

And I'm still gonna be one of the lightest characters in the game and will be KO'd at 30% by these hard hitting heavies who are faster than me.

Still going to win the Ness match-up by a miles, that's one thing I'm sure as heck.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly I'm considering deleting my account soon point since I don't have a lot of reasons to stay here at this point.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Still going to win the Ness match-up by a miles, that's one thing I'm sure as heck.
They'll probably stop that old trick too honestly.

Not that it would matter. Her fundamentals need to be good enough to get Ness off-stage in the first place, but they're not.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESZ!
THIS IS WHAT I WANTED, THE EDGY CLONE TRIO IS FINALLY HERE.( :ultdarksamus:,:ultmetaknight: (DMK alt), :ultdarkpit:)

inb4 peoples kill me for calling DS edgy.

xD I just noticed...Apparently Isabelle in Spain/Castilian Spanish is called "Canela" instead, which means Cinnamon.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
They'll probably stop that old trick too honestly.

Not that it would matter. Her fundamentals need to be good enough to get Ness off-stage in the first place, but they're not.
Hmmm....

Not going to lie, I ain't a Rosalina expert here, since that, she is probably one of the character I played the least in Smash 4....but maybe she have other things to compensate for her new problems? Maybe she be more like Mewtwo? Or maybe she be like a weird glass canon type of character?

I don't know, the game isn't even in many hands, and as someone who looked at how fighting games developped their metagames, especially toward the beginning, opinions can definitly change once more info are on the table. Call me a naive boy, but I feel like it may be too soon to call her off now based on what peoples say, give her a chance once the game came out and see how you really feel about her. (if you intent to get the game of course)

I know it's not very helpful, but seeing peoples already wanting to drop their main before the game even is out make me feel sad,, I don't say you should go like "YEAAAAAH, NERFS DON'T MATTER AMIRITE?!?", but more like you should give it a chance before being 100% sure of her fate.....or wait for pro Rosalina player to test her to death once the game is out and say how she feel like with more time in their hands.

(tho, if you feel like you know Rosalina like your pocket and are REALLY that sure she won't be for you, then don't take this post as me trying to ignore those problems, again, I am not the expert, 'just wanted to give my opinion on the matter and be as helpful as I can.)

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So... now that it's been a whole day, how has everyone felt about the Direct in general? At this point, I've grown fond of Ken and might use him as long as he's got a blue palette swap. As for Isaac, I still feel like the whole "An Assist Trophy cannot get upgraded in the same game" may honestly just remain a fan rule to me, and although I've accepted he has no chance for DLC this round, I have confidence that if DLC continues, who knows?

As for Incineroar and the Piranha Plant, I'm neutral on both of them at this point, although I've begun to accept Incineroar making sense for Smash.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I still think it sucked. It'll be a while before I get over it.
I'm just asking out of complete curiosity, but I assume you're mainly upset at the fact that Incineroar got in over Decidueye? If so, I get that feeling since I also wanted him myself.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yo, remember when I said that Pichu has the best alt in the game?

Yeah, I wasn't kidding.
Damn, as someone who’s gonna play a lot of pichu I’m glad all his alts are top tier this game.
I think I have a stalker because the guy that insulted me over not wanting Incineroar is back at it again.
https://twitter.com/TheRealKabal/status/1058188481854230528 (NSFW language warning)
Tell him if he’s a fury for tigers go check out the Tony the Tiger twitter and then block him. It’s better to ignore people like that
So... now that it's been a whole day, how has everyone felt about the Direct in general? At this point, I've grown fond of Ken and might use him as long as he's got a blue palette swap. As for Isaac, I still feel like the whole "An Assist Trophy cannot get upgraded in the same game" may honestly just remain a fan rule to me, and although I've accepted he has no chance for DLC this round, I have confidence that if DLC continues, who knows?

As for Incineroar and the Piranha Plant, I'm neutral on both of them at this point, although I've begun to accept Incineroar making sense for Smash.
It was longer then it should have been. Most of the stuff in it wasn’t needed.

Ken and Incenroar are cool but we’re pretty obvious and likely so I wasn’t shocked or had a problem.

And then piranha plant was just amazing and hilarious

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
xD I just noticed...Apparently Isabelle in Spain/Castilian Spanish is called "Canela" instead, which means Cinnamon.
Yeah, the Spanish AC localization team had quite the fun with the names, making puns everywhere, and even some references to old school films apparently (I remember my parents mentioned what they called "Pili y Mili" and I thought they were talking about the hedgehogs from AC, but apparently was a duo that actually existed). Some other names that come to mind are Isabelle's brother "Candrés", which comes from "can" (dog) and Andrés (A common name), Sócrates as the owl from the museum, or Rese T. ado which is similar like english, but it's literally "reseteado" (reseted). There are way more though, I guess the english names will be similar too.

The Spanish Smash Narrator hurts my soul :V
Please don't hear Sonic in Spanish, it hurts my soul so much. I'll be taking my English voices, thank you.

D

Deleted member

9.5/10, I loved it a lot. I loved hearing all of the new modes, improved online, Spirits, The World of Light etc. Ken was a fun watch and Incineroar was great and will be my secondary, but Piranha Plant was the best thing ever.

D

Deleted member

I'm just asking out of complete curiosity, but I assume you're mainly upset at the fact that Incineroar got in over Decidueye?
That is correct.
It may sound like an over exaggeration, but I could barely focus on the contents of the direct after that trailer and I just wanted it to end.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
That is correct.
It may sound like an over exaggeration, but I could barely focus on the contents of the direct after that trailer and I just wanted it to end.
Trust me: I understand how much you were dedicated for Decidueye and wanted him in. As I said before, I also wanted him and thought he might have more moveset potential then Incineroar did alongside having a dual type not really in Smash (Ghost not being in at all).

However, at this point, I feel there will be a point where you'll have to move on from what happened as much as it pains me in saying that. You don't have to like or play as Incineroar in the final game, but I don't think you should feel permanently upset at this as it's really going to affect your mental thinking if you keep it in your head forever.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Yeah, the Spanish AC localization team had quite the fun with the names, making puns everywhere, and even some references to old school films apparently (I remember my parents mentioned what they called "Pili y Mili" and I thought they were talking about the hedgehogs from AC, but apparently was a duo that actually existed). Some other names that come to mind are Isabelle's brother "Candrés", which comes from "can" (dog) and Andrés (A common name), Sócrates as the owl from the museum, or Rese T. ado which is similar like english, but it's literally "reseteado" (reseted). There are way more though, I guess the english names will be similar too.
xD I think I have heard my parents mentioning Pilli y Milli too! Also, "Candrés"? Seriously? xD Rese T. Ado ...I can see it see it now, how people say "NOS VA A RESETEAR MR. RESE T. ADO!" I will stay with the english names, really. xD In Latin America they probably kept the English ones.

Please don't hear Sonic in Spanish, it hurts my soul so much. I'll be taking my English voices, thank you.
xD Little Mac sounds worse..."LITEL MAC" y "Rey DE-DE-DE" plus "I QUE" and the modo "CASATE SOLO" (Caza terosos? XD) make me want to rip my ears apart, and this is supposedly the Castillian Spasnish narrator trying to do the "Latin Spanish" work for the narrator, like, WHY? Couldn't they hire a Latin Spanish voice actor?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
1541184048556.png

The game is definitely at a point where it feels fairly good to play in Yuzu, I can't wait for the last fixes and hopefully resolution modifying comes soon.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Character usage tier list:

S: :ultlink::ultgreninja::ultlucario::ultsonic::ultmewtwo:
A: :ultsimon::ultpit::ultmarth::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink:
B: :ultshulk::ultrichter::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultmetaknight::ultmegaman::ultpokemontrainer::ultike::ultroy::ultchrom::ultsheik::ultpikachu:
C: :ultsnake::ultdarkpit::ultyoshi::ultridley::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultryu::ultzss::ultrobin::ultlucina:
D: :ultolimar::ultness::ultduckhunt::ultrob::ultkirby::ultbowser::ultvillager::ultmario::ultluigi::ultlucas::ultgnw::ultpichu::ultpacman::ultmiifighters::ultfalcon:
E: :ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultkingdedede::ultjigglypuff::ultganondorf:
F: :ultrosalina::ulticeclimbers::ultisabelle::ultinkling::ultkrool:
G: :ultbayonetta::ultbowserjr::ultwiifittrainer::ultwario::ultpeach::ultdaisy:

Questions?

S & A are tier 1 & 2 mains (respectively), B & C make up secondaries (tier 1 & 2, respectively), C is the third tier of secondaries (which I need more time to get used to), D is the "maybe" group ( with consideration), E is "meh" (not bad, but I don't know), F is "boring" (not a fan of these ones), and G is "no." (sorry, but I can't).

I'll update this later with the new icons.
And...updated.

S: :ultlink::ultgreninja::ultlucario::ultsonic::ultmewtwo:
A: :ultsimon::ultpit::ultmarth::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink:
B: :ultshulk::ultrichter::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultmetaknight::ultmegaman::ultpokemontrainer::ultike::ultroy::ultchrom::ultsheik::ultpikachu::ultincineroar::ultken::ultryu:
C: :ultsnake::ultdarkpit::ultyoshi::ultridley::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultrobin::ultlucina:
D: :ultolimar::ultness::ultduckhunt::ultrob::ultkirby::ultbowser::ultvillager::ultmario::ultluigi::ultlucas::ultgnw::ultpichu::ultpacman::ultmiifighters::ultfalcon:
E: :ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultkingdedede::ultjigglypuff::ultganondorf::ultpiranha:
F: :ultrosalina::ulticeclimbers::ultisabelle::ultinkling::ultkrool:
G: :ultbayonetta::ultbowserjr::ultwiifittrainer::ultwario::ultpeach::ultdaisy:

I wonder how this will change for me in time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

holy **** guys

Trust me: I understand how much you were dedicated for Decidueye and wanted him in. As I said before, I also wanted him and thought he might have more moveset potential then Incineroar did alongside having a dual type not really in Smash (Ghost not being in at all).

However, at this point, I feel there will be a point where you'll have to move on from what happened as much as it pains me in saying that. You don't have to like or play as Incineroar in the final game, but I don't think you should feel permanently upset at this as it's really going to affect your mental thinking if you keep it in your head forever.
Yeah I know that. After all, it's just a video game. I think it'll take me just a few more days to get over it.
At least no one's telling me I'm being ungrateful. That part is kinda surprising

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
xD Little Mac sounds worse..."LITEL MAC" y "Rey DE-DE-DE" plus "I QUE" and the modo "CASATE SOLO" (Caza terosos? XD) make me want to rip my ears apart, and this is supposedly the Castillian Spasnish narrator trying to do the "Latin Spanish" work for the narrator, like, WHY? Couldn't they hire a Latin Spanish voice actor?
I wasn't talking about the announcer when talking about Sonic (But the announcer sucks, Ike is just the most stupid pronunciation ever, and it's been like that since Brawl too lol). I was talking about Sonic's voice, which is actually dubbed in lot's of languages, and... It's painful. Like seriusly.

THIS ISN'T FINE AT ALL. I enjoy some Spainsh dubs, but out of my Smash please.

AndreaAC

I wasn't talking about the announcer when talking about Sonic (But the announcer sucks, Ike is just the most stupid pronunciation ever, and it's been like that since Brawl too lol). I was talking about Sonic's voice, which is actually dubbed in lot's of languages, and... It's painful. Like seriusly.

THIS ISN'T FINE AT ALL. I enjoy some Spainsh dubs, but out of my Smash please.
xD VELOCIDAD SONICA! Holy ****, if I thought Roger's dub bothered me (since I hear Ezio every time), this would drive me MAD...VAMOS!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
holy **** guys
Alright, that's hilarious, and it's totally going to be the skin I'm going to use when I play Incineroar.

We didn't got Shadow, but we got the second best choice for a Sonic character in my mind.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
xD I think I have heard my parents mentioning Pilli y Milli too! Also, "Candrés"? Seriously? xD Rese T. Ado ...I can see it see it now, how people say "NOS VA A RESETEAR MR. RESE T. ADO!" I will stay with the english names, really. xD In Latin America they probably kept the English ones.

Don't forget "Mr. Game an Wosh" and pretty much most of the names pronounced with a weird accentuation and lack of energy.

Imagine if we had Gerardo Reyero as narrator instead :V

Chrono.

WWE gave the title back to Brock ****ing Lesnar.

Shane McMahon won the world cup when he wasn't even a contendant.

What even.

AndreaAC

Don't forget "Mr. Game an Wosh" and pretty much most of the names pronounced with a weird accentuation and lack of energy.
And LUSINA, Jiglipuf and so on....it's PAINFUL.

Imagine if we had Gerardo Reyero as narrator instead :V
XD DAMN, THAT WOULD SOUND GREAT! Would bring back a lot of memories! Also, I did not know he voice MK. O-O

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
WWE gave the title back to Brock ****ing Lesnar.

Shane McMahon won the world cup when he wasn't even a contendant.

What even.
"If we are ****ing up with this event, we better **** up stuff even harder in it"

-Vince McMemes

Ivander

Smash Legend
holy **** guys

Yeah I know that. After all, it's just a video game. I think it'll take me just a few more days to get over it.
At least no one's telling me I'm being ungrateful. That part is kinda surprising
Wait a second. Incineroar actually has it's Shiny colors as an alternate color?

And I don't see why people would think you are. Disappointed doesn't mean Ungrateful. But then again, ungrateful tends to be one of those words thrown around with little understanding/meaning, much like some other more known words. But hey, there's nothing wrong with being disappointed as long as you don't let it drag you down.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
BlizzCon is happening, it's Overwatch's turn and we got a new animated short featuring McCree (And more glorius Mercer)

And from the same short, our new hero 29, Ashe!

I'm so excited to play her, she seems pretty fun!

Ivander

Smash Legend
BlizzCon is happening, it's Overwatch's turn and we got a new animated short featuring McCree (And more glorius Mercer)

And from the same short, our new hero 29, Ashe!

I'm so excited to play her, she seems pretty fun!
Sweet. I was hoping it would be an original character rather than one we know about, like how everybody was hoping Junker Queen.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Didn't think they'd do this.
This news has solidified Pichu as one of my Smash Ultimate secondaries!

I've WANTED Spiky-Eared Pichu (he's my favorite Pichu) to be one of Pichu's alts, and it actually came true!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom