• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
All I want to know about Smash Ultimate are 3 things:

1-Can I make a Mii Fighter that look like Kris?

2-Can peoples see what my Mii Fighter look like online?

3-Are Mii Swordfighter buffed enough that I can play them without fearing every second of my life when I whiff a move or recover?

If all those points are filled, than Smash Ultimate is truly the Ultimate game for me.

D

Deleted member

I played that D Undertale like game and I really like the prince already. The prince is adorable.

I also like Susie, so much potential for a character. She tried to eat your face off. She is not messing around.

Chrono.

-Luigi now has a Tether Grab.
-He does NOT have a Tether Recovery, it seems.
-His Zair is apparently the only Zair with landing lag in the game < wtf
RIP Luigi.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
'seem like Smash the game isn't your kind of game in general, right?

Well, I can't say for sure, Stickers are less interesting for sure than trophy, and Target Mode is....well, we don't actually know if it's here in any form or shape. But I feel like if you want to play something to pass time, not every single hours of the day but just when you feel bored and whatnot, or with friends Smash is the ideal game for that and the Switch really is made for quick session whatever you feel like it.

But if if the core gameplay doesn't interest you all that much, well, yeah, I don't know what could make you happy. What I like isn't what you would like for sure, but I still wouldn't call the game lackluster imo, just not varied enough I say for some players. (Tho on that note, there still details about Classic Mode and Adventure Mode I need to see).

I don't know, just the choices of words I find weird, but maybe that's just me.
Not that the battles don't entertain me, I mean, holy heck, I love kicking my friends' butts whenever I get the chance, I love to kill punching bags over and over to relief stress, but I found those modes fun, it's not like I want to become a pro and spending time analyzing and ****. I thought about doing it once, and maybe wanted to do that now with Ridley, but I don't know how much it would last before I get tired.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Personal Newcomer Hype Rankings?

1. :ultchrom:
2. :ultisabelle:
3. :ultridley:
4. Incineroar
5. :ultkrool:
6. :ultinkling:
7. :ultdarksamus:
8. Piranha Plant
9. :ultrichter:
10. :ultdaisy:
11. :ultsimon:
12. Ken

I'm actually really hyped for the vast majority of the newcomers, even if my most wanted didn't make it. My impressions generally range from 'ultra-hype' to 'I think this will be really fun,' up until Daisy. From then on I'm basically indifferent at worst.

Frankly it's amazing to me that we still have at least five brand new characters on the way. Wonder how my list will change.

Chrono.

Pink Lucario.

Nice Orange Islands reference /s

But nah, it looks cute lol. All his other alts are the same, sadly.

D

Deleted member

If Pichu wins EVO 2019, then I will turn into a carrot.

#VotePichuForWinnerofEvo2019

/s

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Also, after some thinking, while I do want to say I want to miss the trophies. I think that's mostly due to my memories of Brawl. In actuality I hard collected much of any trophies in Wii U and especially in 3DS. So why I can see why people do miss them, I'll be fine with no trophies this time around. As long as there's still descriptions so I can see who some random character is without having to look it up.

D

Deleted member

Also, after some thinking, while I do want to say I want to miss the trophies. I think that's mostly due to my memories of Brawl. In actuality I hard collected much of any trophies in Wii U and especially in 3DS. So why I can see why people do miss them, I'll be fine with no trophies this time around. As long as there's still descriptions so I can see who some random character is without having to look it up.
Trophies being gone is honestly not going to make a big impact. I would look at the descriptions time to time but that does not matter.

Spirits meanwhile seems like a cool concept.

I will defend this direct until the day I die Ultimate comes out, because that direct will not really matter anymore.

Direct was a 9.5/10. A+.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Not that the battles don't entertain me, I mean, holy heck, I love kicking my friends' butts whenever I get the chance, I love to kill punching bags over and over to relief stress, but I found those modes fun, it's not like I want to become a pro and spending time analyzing and ****. I thought about doing it once, and maybe wanted to do that now with Ridley, but I don't know how much it would last before I get tired.
Oh no, don't worry, I don't ask you to become a pro that analysis frame data and stuff, I sure wouldn't lol.

Hmm...

I guess the only thing that come to mind is Adventure Mode, but I say it depend how varied the challenge you will face are, aswell at how long you have to go through before unlocking Ridley.

I say let's wait for now for more news on adventure mode, this mode has potential for good stuff to do for hours, but right now we know too little of it to say for sure, but I think in the best scenario, this mode might be good for you for awhile.

'hope I don't come across as a prick or somethin' like that, just tryin' to find something you might like since like you said, you can play as mother****ing Ridley, it's too good to pass up imo, especially if you're a fan.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Robin's Final Smash is still Pair Up.

The real twist here.
Yo fam, I heard you like Chrom, so I put some Chrom on your Chrom's Chrom.

Possum must be happy about that.

AndreaAC

Oh no, don't worry, I don't ask you to become a pro that analysis frame data and stuff, I sure wouldn't lol.
xD Thanks, those things give me a headache.

I guess the only thing that come to mind is Adventure Mode, but I say it depend how varied the challenge you will face are, aswell at how long you have to go through before unlocking Ridley.

I say let's wait for now for more news on adventure mode, this mode has potential for good stuff to do for hours, but right now we know too little of it to say for sure, but I think in the best scenario, this mode might be good for you for awhile.
Yeah. that's what another friend said. Since I played only Smash 4 like...once at at friend's house with others, I don't know what the lacking or changing of certain things for the worse feels like.

'hope I don't come across as a prick or somethin' like that, just tryin' to find something you might like since like you said, you can play as mother****ing Ridley, it's too good to pass up imo, especially if you're a fan.
xD I know, it's been a millenia since the first time I wondered how that would be...and besides, it may give more ideas for my Ridley stuff. And don't worry.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Blue: Likely mains
Red: Very Interested
Yellow: At least for fun
Gray: What did they do to you? I'll use your Spirit if you have one, I guess...

D

Deleted member

Are you saying Shish loves me more than you?

You are so wrong that even my wrong meters are wrong.

Shishoe is your son best friend, of course he will see your tag.
No, I'm saying that his lust for Robin's final smash is greater.

Chrono.

It's Blurry as **** and the guy didn't actually hit with it but.

You see ol' Chromium there.

But Chrom wasn't actually in this match, so I wonder if there's an Easter Egg if he's present in the match itself and gets replaced by like Morgan or something.

Here's the footage itself. It's timestamped.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
xD Thanks, those things give me a headache.

Yeah. that's what another friend said. Since I played only Smash 4 like...once at at friend's house with others, I don't know what the lacking or changing of certain things for the worse feels like.

xD I know, it's been a millenia since the first time I wondered how that would be...and besides, it may give more ideas for my Ridley stuff. And don't worry.
Actually, taking screenshot and whatnot of characters you like in different scenarios to give you ideas for drawning and whatnot could be interesting, after all, it's easier to drawn when you have a model and all the tools to have fun with it.

But yeah, I really hope you find something that make you happy. :)

D

Deleted member

Also, I can't wait to kick @Shishœ's butt in the new smash. **** yes. Speaking of which, we should fight on the wii u one, even though the gamecube controller I have has a ****ed up A button.

AndreaAC

Actually, taking screenshot and whatnot of characters you like in different scenarios to give you ideas for drawning and whatnot could be interesting, after all, it's easier to drawn when you have a model and all the tools to have fun with it.

But yeah, I really hope you find something that make you happy. :)
xD OH GOD, I FORGOT ABOUT THAT! And now that I think of it, Gifs can now also be made! :D CAN'T WAIT TO DO SOME OF THESE WITH RIDS AND ROSA~!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
In terms of my most to least hyped newcomers?

1. :ultridley: - a character that I've wanted since about Brawl, and he was handled perfectly.
2. :ultkrool: - he could be number one, but K. Rool had less (or at least less persistent) naysayers, which made Ridley's inclusion more satisfying
3. :ultken: - I liked Ryu in Smash 4, so I'm interested in trying out Ken
4. :ultdarksamus: - two big things that I felt like Smash 4's roster was lacking were villains and characters from series like Donkey Kong and Metroid. This game certainly delivered on both fronts.
5. :ultrichter: - while I don't have much experience with the Castlevania series, I enjoyed Symphony of the Night, and it seems like he'd play similarly to how he did in that.
6. :ultinkling: - completely expected, but I'm interested to see how they play
7. :ultsimon: - I don't know what the differences are between Simon and Richter, but unlike the Metroid-inspired games, the only feeling I associate with Simon's games is frustration, which dampers my excitement a little bit
8. :ultisabelle: - I have trouble with sticking with Animal Crossing games (only going back to the Gamecube one for the free NES games), but Isabelle should be entertaining
9. :ultincineroar: - I haven't really gotten into a Pokemon game since gen. 3, so I don't have a connection to Incineroar. He could be fun to play as, but as a final reveal, he seemed a little underwhelming
10. :ultdaisy: - I have no strong opinion about Daisy one way or another, though her "characterization" in Mario Kart Double Dash ("HI I'M DAISY!") doesn't help
11. :ultchrom: - a seventh Fire Emblem character, and a fourth character who plays similarly to Marth, seems excessive to say the least. Awakening is the only FE game I've really gotten into, but I felt like Lucina and Robin did well for representing it.
12. :ultpiranha: - it's an interesting choice, but whenever I think about its inclusion, I can't help but think about all of the missed potential. They had the entire line-up of characters from Nintendo, Konami, Sega, Capcom, Namco-Bandai, Square-Enix, and various indie developers (and possibly Ubisoft, if the presence of Rabbid Peach is any indication), and their choice for the first DLC character, a role similar to Mewtwo in Smash 4, is a random Mario enemy.

If you can't see the icons for Ken, Incineroar, and Piranha Plant, be sure to clear your cache.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Jojalole Jojalole Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs
So there's pretty cool details about the new Overwatch Hero's Ult sidekick Bob and some other details:
-Ashe's skins will also affect Bob
-Bob is practically counted as a 7th teammate to the group. He can contest objectives, be healed, bubbled by Zarya, slept by enemy Anas, and even NANO BOOSTED by friendly Anas!
-Heroes have interactions with him and Bob also has interactions as well.
-Despite all that, when he's called by Ashe's Ult, he stays around for 12 seconds only(besides Custom Games).
Bob aside,
-As mentioned, Ashe is voiced by Jennifer Hale, who voiced Female Commander Shepard and Samus Aran in Metroid Prime.
-Her Legendary skins have been revealed. She's getting a Mobster skin and a Safari skin: https://imgur.com/a/1TebamE
-Jeff mentioned that the next 6 Heroes have been planned.
-There are supposedly some new Cosmetics to be shown for some currant characters, like they did last year with the Blizzard World skins. They just haven't be revealed and for who yet.

Edit: And we have Ashe's Origin story

Last edited:

Chrono.

Oh **** I skimmed this, but Luigi can't rise with his Cyclone anymore.

And Wario's Chomp now heals him what is this implying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom