• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
This question I get what you mean but also a bit confusing... so are you asking which kinds of genres we used to dislike but still try out that kind of genre?

Well... it is hard if you are asking the latter question but here's a definitive answer on the former one... and that is Role Playing Games (RPG), and yes this includes JRPGs too. I used to dislike Role Playing Games a lot because the tactical ones require too much strategy and action RPGs are just aren't fun... and lose your progress every time you just die was also annoying... It wasn't until Nintendo/Monolithsoft release Xenoblade on New 3DS which it made me start to like the genre.

And last but not least... fighting games... it's not like I dislike fighting games it is just that I don't enjoy games that I have to lose to a human player... sometimes... and also HP bars were annoying... it wasn't until Smash Bros that I start to like fighting games.

I think the latter question is easy to answer if you changed to "If your most favorite company or studio release a video which is that genre?"
It's something like how you described with the JRPGs and fighting games. It's something like, "What's the genre you are really not a fan of or really dislike, yet you would give a play or another play if a series you really liked got a game that uses that genre?"
Something like how I mentioned before that I am really not a fan of MOBA games, yet I'd probably give a Fate series MOBA game a try. Something simple like that.

Here we go!
And it begins!

D

Deleted member

I doubt an "dark and edgy" tone would work with Zelda at all, it's why TP sucks ***. If they were to ever adapt a Zelda game into an animated series though, Skyward Sword would work the best for it. Also, just leave Studio Ghibli to do it because imagine a Zelda animated film like that.
I agree, I haven’t played Zelda, but I’ve still seen a lot of it.

Here we go!
Damn, that’s exactly when I have to get up for school.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I am perfectly calm with the Smash Direct...but if I see Shadow I blow up like piebomb

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
And while we are waiting for the new Direct, here's the newest FEH Comic.
Kiran is the most relateable protagonist. Just a lovable dork. Probably the real reason why Loki and Aversa are competing for Kiran's attention. And this comic also gets to me as someone who is a fan of Lyn and someone who has all 5 versions of Lyn.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
And while we are waiting for the new Direct, here's the newest FEH Comic.

Kiran is the most relateable protagonist. Just a lovable dork. Probably the real reason why Loki and Aversa are competing for Kiran's attention. And this comic also gets to me as someone who is a fan of Lyn and someone who has all 5 versions of Lyn.
Only makes me wish Lyn was playable in Smash even more...and also wanting an HD remake of Blazing Sword

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Got laid off from my job today which sucks. Not looking forward to having to look for work again (at least I wasn't fired this time but still).

But at the same time, i'll be able to watch the Smash Direct live which is the silver lining in all this.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Got laid off from my job today which sucks. Not looking forward to having to look for work again (at least I wasn't fired this time but still).

But at the same time, i'll be able to watch the Smash Direct live which is the silver lining in all this.
Sorry to hear that, I hope you find new work soon.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Sorry to hear that, I hope you find new work soon.
Thanks man. I'm mostly grateful it wasn't an outright firing like before because that's a really ****ty thing to have to tell my prospective employer in an interview (that I got fired twice in the same job position).

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Been there, man. Sucks.

Heart goes out. Hope the next adventure comes up quick.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Retired from Bingoing
>I see a ton of meme potential on the Direct to do it and go out in a blaze of glory.

6wjU4Hl.jpg

Chrono.

Well, now that I know a Direct is soon I'm gonna stay away from the discussion thread and any more grinch leak talk.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225

Here we go!
Finally, the kind of stuff we deserve to hear.

In other news, I've heard about how surprisingly hopeless that PS Classic is. Ah well, I don't quite care about all those classic consoles since there are ROM downloads along with, let's say, reference-quality third party remakes of certain systems. Mega SG, anyone?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Here's hoping we get Isaac, Geno, Ken, Shadow and one other echo in this direct.
I know it won't happen. But imagine if it's the boy Protoman.

Protoman Shine.gif

Mega Man and his brother fighting the Mario Bros? The Chief called, emailed and wrote a letter. He said that's 110% it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Finally, the kind of stuff we deserve to hear.

In other news, I've heard about how surprisingly hopeless that PS Classic is. Ah well, I don't quite care about all those classic consoles since there are ROM downloads along with, let's say, reference-quality third party remakes of certain systems. Mega SG, anyone?
I think a big problem when Playstation tries stuff like this is that most of the big nostalgic franchises that are heavily associated with their consoles are third party. So if Activision doesn't want to play ball (which seems to be the case both here and with Playstation All-Stars), or Capcom doesn't give them their best (Dante from the DmC reboot instead of the Dante that people like, Super Puzzle Fighter Turbo instead of one of their fighting games or Mega Man Legends), then they're severely lacking in terms of options.

Chrono.

Sandopolis is in Team Sonic Racing.

Also Tee Lopes is working on on the soundtrack with Jun Senoue.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I think I'm not going to go back to the Smash Ultimate Thread until the direct happen.

Knowning me, I probably try to look at it once or twice, but I try my best to keep it that way. I think it's for the best for me since that, whatever the Grinch is really a mean one or not, we will get the answer in two days, so, why not sit back and relax?

D

Deleted member

Oh wait the Direct is not on Friday, it's on Thursday. Eh, might be better for me actually.

D

Deleted member

Here we go!
Dang it, I am going to miss it.

At least when I come back, I can watch it and get all hyped.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

That sucks, especially if it was a job you liked.

I've been out of work for a while, though I kinda have to stay out of work right now as I'm supposed to be going for an operation with a six week recovery time soon, which obviously no employer is gonna employ someone in that position anyway (and even if they did, I'd have to waste both sick leave and holiday leave on it). It's been frustrating as money-wise, things are really slow and tight right now, but on the bright side, it was part of the catalyst for me wanting to get into YouTube, Twitch, and other self-run business prospects (I'm considering running a small photography business too). It might work out better in the end because I honestly loathe working general operative jobs under a big corporation, which are the only kind of jobs you can get in my area without nepotism or a ton of experience and qualifications.

Regardless, I hope you find something to keep you going soon.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
D

Deleted member

When I am home on Thursday, I am going to complete any work and avoid social media and then watch the direct and give my reactions.

D

Deleted member

If Steve gets confirmed im the direct, then I will change my avatar into whatever @Shishœ wants for two weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
That sucks, especially if it was a job you liked.

I've been out of work for a while, though I kinda have to stay out of work right now as I'm supposed to be going for an operation with a six week recovery time soon, which obviously no employer is gonna employ someone in that position anyway (and even if they did, I'd have to waste both sick leave and holiday leave on it). It's been frustrating as money-wise, things are really slow and tight right now, but on the bright side, it was part of the catalyst for me wanting to get into YouTube, Twitch, and other self-run business prospects (I'm considering running a small photography business too). It might work out better in the end because I honestly loathe working general operative jobs under a big corporation, which are the only kind of jobs you can get in my area without nepotism or a ton of experience and qualifications.

Regardless, I hope you find something to keep you going soon.
Well TBH it wasn't a job I liked and chances are i'll find employment within a month or two hopefully. Grocery jobs are entry level so it's not as hard if I were pursuing something like Finance (which is still the area where i'm seeking career employment).

D

Deleted member

Why are the chickens in the barn always unstable?
Because they are always in a coup d'etat. :secretkpop:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If Incineroar gets confirmed I'll eat a quesadilla without cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom