• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

So the most recent rumor regarding the new Soulcalibur right now is that the full roster will be 39 characters and Geralt is gonna be the (or "a") guest character, and so far it's looking like at least Geralt is gonna be in.

The rumor came from ResetERA last week, but today this guy from CDProjektRed tweeted this little nugget.
Right now it's up in the air what, or if, they're really teasing anything at all. But I doubt it's for any other game that isn't Soulcalibur VI. Unless Switch is getting The Witcher Collection and Geralt is gonna be in Smash or something dumb like that.

Anyways, Geralt makes a lot of sense. But he's also a really boring choice to me. Especially looking back at the past guest characters not named Ezio. That said, I'm sure he'll be alright, and if the 39 roster is true then **** I can't complain.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
God damn it, nothing is working right tonight. No matter how many times I do this hello kitty thing, I either dont have enough space or Im off a block

I swear Im going to cry

Praline's right. Maybe step back, start fresh in a bit?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That's a legit hot take.
Why is in the lower end for you?
Well let me rephrase...

I really liked B2W2.

And I liked a lot of the Pokemon designs of Gen V. It's got some of my favorites like Cofagrigus and Braviary. I also liked the region a lot.

But there are a lot of designs that are stinkers. I don't like any of the legendary Pokemon. There are some strange unnatural looking parts in a lot of the designs and had a lot of forgettable Pokemon.

And while I really liked a lot of aspects of BW, the plot was.... not that memorable imo. Maybe I need to play it again or something, but the whole thing with N was boring to me. Plasma as a whole stopped being interesting half way through the game for me. N just doesn't seem to be a character that really appeals to me. I was more interested in Cheren and Bianca. Colress > N over any day of the week. Iris > Alder any day of the week.

I also wasn't a huge fan of Gen V's music until B2W2 came along and gave us things like the Colress, Hugh and Iris themes. The route, trainer and wild Pokemon battle music just didn't catch my attention.

The gameplay was great as always but...

I dunno. BW kind of left me a bit bored at times. I almost skipped B2W2 because of it. In fact, I did until I bought it on a whim.

I still like Gen V. Again, Pokemon hasn't made a stinker yet in my books, but Gen V is always praised for the plot and I guess I prefer either the more simple plots in Pokemon like Gens i-IV or the more personal character driven plots like Gen VII.

I just don't get the hype.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
That why I needed to have this snazzy suit let out.

Didn't do no excises.
Oh you’re poking fun at my typos...:crying:

Well let me rephrase...

I really liked B2W2.

And I liked a lot of the Pokemon designs of Gen V. It's got some of my favorites like Cofagrigus and Braviary. I also liked the region a lot.

But there are a lot of designs that are stinkers. I don't like any of the legendary Pokemon. There are some strange unnatural looking parts in a lot of the designs and had a lot of forgettable Pokemon.

And while I really liked a lot of aspects of BW, the plot was.... not that memorable imo. Maybe I need to play it again or something, but the whole thing with N was boring to me. Plasma as a whole stopped being interesting half way through the game for me. N just doesn't seem to be a character that really appeals to me. I was more interested in Cheren and Bianca. Colress > N over any day of the week. Iris > Alder any day of the week.

I also wasn't a huge fan of Gen V's music until B2W2 came along and gave us things like the Colress, Hugh and Iris themes. The route, trainer and wild Pokemon battle music just didn't catch my attention.

I dunno. BW kind of left me a bit bored at times. I almost skipped B2W2 because of it. In fact, I did until I bought it on a whim.

I still like Gen V. Again, Pokemon hasn't made a stinker yet in my books, but Gen V is always praised for the plot and I guess I prefer either the more simpler plots in Pokemon like Gens i-IV or the more personal character driven plots like Gen VII.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CV_2u6EDx6c

BW had the best route music out kf any pokemon game though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Been away for a few hours, and oh my, seems like there was a whole shipping talk going on. Well then...

I kinda wonder who would people here ship me with?

Also, I beat London. Erureido Erureido @Shishœ
My thoughts:
-The Hero side was pretty good. Mordred, Hans, Jekyll, Shakespeare. Kintoki was cool, but he was sort of there to be one-upped by Solomon. Tamamo was mostly just there, which is sad and like Kintoki, meant to be one-upped.
-The villain side, not counting Solomon, was weak. No real development compared to Orleans or Okeanos, where we had a team of villains that did get decent screentime and development and even Jason fits that more than London's villains. I feel like Paracelsus could've been interesting had he lasted longer, but he was tossed aside as well. Nikola was interesting, but he was undermined due to being under Madness Enhancement and still didn't get much time.
-The story was decent. Pretty much more like a mystery novel rather than an adventure. And I enjoy them, so I liked this.
-Lancer Artoria Alter was literally the giant space flea from nowhere. Next to no screentime and even the cast didn't really talk about her when she's defeated. At least with Nikola, he had reason to be there and had build-up. Artoria has no excuse other than possibly when Solomon talked about her energy being used by him across the Singularities and that was after she had already appeared and been defeated.
-Something different about you, Solomon? Oh I don't know, maybe because it's being hinted that you might not seem to be who you claim to be?

-One of the big highlights is Makiri Zolgen, even if he was only in one scene.

Why is he a highlight you ask? Would you believe he is none other than this guy?

Yes, Makiri Zolgen is the original name of Zouken Matou, the "grandfather" of Shinji and Sakura. But if you were paying attention, Makiri was being forced against his will by Solomon by Barbatos. And he was responsible for making the Servant and Master system for the first Holy Grail War. You learn more about his backstory in Heaven's Feel later.
Either way, as mentioned, Zolgen was being forced against his will by Solomon, due to the "evil" in him. Some fun factor info is that the same actually happened with Lev. You don't hear about his possession in Grand Order, but in a Type Moon story called Clocktower 2015, Lev was imprinted with a curse that would allow the Demon God Flauros to possess his body, but in the normal Fate timeline, he actually manages to commit suicide to prevent his transformation/possession. This would ultimately prevent "Solomon"s plan with the Singularities and as such, Makiri/Zouken never got possessed.

Either way, a decent story. I wouldn't say as good as Orleans or Okeanos, but it was decent compared to Septem. Now I got to do those Edmond quests.

Edit: Oh, something else I forgot to mention. The fact that Sherlock didn't appear in London. Why? You had the Cheldea staff talk about him at the beginning of the Singularity, than you revealed the book characters like Jekyll and Frankenstein being real, than you don't show Sherlock. DW, you teasers!
Most of your thoughts on London are pretty much the same as mine. I definitely agree that Kintoki and Tamamo were definitely underutilized. They mainly showed up just to stop Tesla and eventually got wrecked by Solomon shortly after. For a Tamamo fan like me, it was such a bummer to see her role in a singularity being underutilized like that. I liked the banter she had with Kintoki, and it would've been nice if they contributed more to the plot. Perhaps they could've been foreshadowed earlier into the story where they would descend on London periodically to assess what is going on, and then they could run into our heroes to discuss their findings. This could've happened several times during the story, and their moment with Tesla would've served as their climax.

Villain-wise, yeah, they weren't the best. Lancer Altria Alter was especially wasted potential. She could've been a great villainous rival for Mordred to overcome in the story, especially since the latter has the defining hatred for her father. Lancer Altria Alter could've been a major villain that perhaps was among the ones responsible for creating the demon fog, and then her antagonism towards Mordred would create a personal rivalry between the two characters. The rivalry would then culminate in their final battle in the London skies just like what happened in the story.

While Nikola Tesla was more on the underutilized department, I do think he was much better handled than Altera in Septem, whose circumstances for being summoned were a lot like Tesla's in London. With Altera, she had little screentime and her role in the story at the very end was waaaayyy too rushed. With Tesla, at least he has more screentime and the story goes out of its way to show how threatening he can be compared to how Altera was treated.

I also feel like Jack the Ripper's role in the story was better handled. Her role was decent in introducing the dangers of the Demon Fog and her role in expanding it. To me, she felt more relevant to the story at hand compared to how she was treated in Fate/Apocrypha (she was basically filler in the show, especially when her arc came around).

But aside from those flaws, there's a number of things I liked. The hero servants were great, and Mordred was a real star in it. The way she cheers up Mash during the middle of the story was a major highlight, and it only made me appreciate the character even more then I already did. Zouken's appearance in the story was memorable too, and I only wish he showed up more in the plot.

My rankings for the singularity stories are largely the same as yours:

Orleans > Okeanos >> London >>>>>>>>>> Fuyuki >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Septem

Anyone think Generation 4 is the best? Diamond, Pearl, Heart Gold and Soul Silver are really good!
Generation 5 does get too much hate, that is easily my third favorite generation.
You're talking to a generation 4 fanboy here. Generation 4 is easily my favorite generation in the series, and also one of the most nostalgic. It has lots of my favorites: favorite Pokemon designs, most of my favorite Pokemon, favorite Gym Leader, favorite Elite Four member, favorite villainous team, favorite villainous team leader, favorite region. The Underground was also one of my favorite features in the series (and one that I'm looking forward to seeing having online features in Sinnoh remakes), as well as what is probably my favorite postgame of any Pokemon game. I also thought general 4 was pretty good in the challenge department Heck, Platinum is my favorite video game of all time.

My only real issues with generation 4 were the slow battle and surfing speeds in Diamond and Pearl, the giant gap between the 2nd and 3rd badges in DP, and the unbalanced Sinnoh dex in those same games, but thankfully, Platinum fixed most of those issues for me.

As for generation 5, it's ranked among the middle along my favorite generations rankings alongside generation 6 (mostly for its mediocre Pokemon designs and some of the gameplay additions not really sticking well with me compared to other gens). That aside, for generation 5's personal highlight, I definitely think it has one of the best stories out of all the mainline Pokemon games. Heck, if we were to talk about characters, N is one of my favorite human characters in the series because of how well-written he is and the development he gets throughout the Black/White and its sequels. I'll also be grateful for generation 5 for being the gen that finally made TMs unlimited in usage.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well let me rephrase...

I really liked B2W2.

I still like Gen V. Again, Pokemon hasn't made a stinker yet in my books, but Gen V is always praised for the plot and I guess I prefer either the more simple plots in Pokemon like Gens i-IV or the more personal character driven plots like Gen VII.

Pretty fair points. The thing is that Gen V was too much for its own good; introduced as many Pokémon as Gen I and made the previous gens unavailable until post-game in BW. That gave some re-boot vibes, specially if you consider what happened with the anime.

Sometimes Im like "oh, yes, the seasonal deers and the ****ty fire and grass monkeys are a thing" but then I remember mah boi Scolipede is in this gen; Gen V is a mixed bag because it is a huge bag, but that's fine because it gives plenty of options to choose for all tastes.

Yep, I cannot defend the Petabois of Original Team Plasma lol.

N is an interesting dude, but I got tired of his "release yer Pokéman" stuff quickly I admit
However I liked the twist of reaching the champion room just to see N beating Alder, despite it pretty much killed the credibility of the later as the champ (Still Iris>Alder>>>>>Diantha for sure)

I think the issue for some is the invasive story; the focus on being a "chosen one" along with N to use the Dragons instead of simply be the very best. The hype came out of that, being story heavy and that felt fresh at the time.

I really liked BW and the story in general but the sequels is the better experience in general.
Good thing you got B2W2 because imo is what made this Gen memorable; Pokémon turned to 11 in every aspect.

This made me realize how different are BW and B2W2, sucks they didn't pull a similar thing with USUM.

Chrono.

Leif is coming to FE Heroes in April.

I'll miss the memes.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I guess James Harden just leaked Black Ops IIII.

Yes, IIII.
Call of Rockets: Beard Ops

That reminded me that HOU played at OKC.
*sees score*
Oh well, didn't lose by that much....

Ivander

Smash Legend
Been away for a few hours, and oh my, seems like there was a whole shipping talk going on. Well then...

I kinda wonder who would people here ship me with?

Most of your thoughts on London are pretty much the same as mine. I definitely agree that Kintoki and Tamamo were definitely underutilized. They mainly showed up just to stop Tesla and eventually got wrecked by Solomon shortly after. For a Tamamo fan like me, it was such a bummer to see her role in a singularity being underutilized like that. I liked the banter she had with Kintoki, and it would've been nice if they contributed more to the plot. Perhaps they could've been foreshadowed earlier into the story where they would descend on London periodically to assess what is going on, and then they could run into our heroes to discuss their findings. This could've happened several times during the story, and their moment with Tesla would've served as their climax.

Villain-wise, yeah, they weren't the best. Lancer Altria Alter was especially wasted potential. She could've been a great villainous rival for Mordred to overcome in the story, especially since the latter has the defining hatred for her father. Lancer Altria Alter could've been a major villain that perhaps was among the ones responsible for creating the demon fog, and then her antagonism towards Mordred would create a personal rivalry between the two characters. The rivalry would then culminate in their final battle in the London skies just like what happened in the story.

While Nikola Tesla was more on the underutilized department, I do think he was much better handled than Altera in Septem, whose circumstances for being summoned were a lot like Tesla's in London. With Altera, she had little screentime and her role in the story at the very end was waaaayyy too rushed. With Tesla, at least he has more screentime and the story goes out of its way to show how threatening he can be compared to how Altera was treated.

I also feel like Jack the Ripper's role in the story was better handled. Her role was decent in introducing the dangers of the Demon Fog and her role in expanding it. To me, she felt more relevant to the story at hand compared to how she was treated in Fate/Apocrypha (she was basically filler in the show, especially when her arc came around).

But aside from those flaws, there's a number of things I liked. The hero servants were great, and Mordred was a real star in it. The way she cheers up Mash during the middle of the story was a major highlight, and it only made me appreciate the character even more then I already did. Zouken's appearance in the story was memorable too, and I only wish he showed up more in the plot.

My rankings for the singularity stories are largely the same as yours:

Orleans > Okeanos >> London >>>>>>>>>> Fuyuki >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Septem
Lancer Alter could've been interesting with Mordred. Mordred was claiming the possibility of Lancer Alter hating her before her fight, when in reality, Lancer Alter is the one who is willing to be hated and shunned. And besides having her as a rival, you could've also have her trying to give moments and opportunities for the heroes to be able to win, much like both her Alter self in Fuyuki and Tesla trying to resist as much he could to avoid destroying humanity. So yeah, there is a wasted opportunity with her.

Tesla was definitely handled better than Altera. Altera was slightly better than Lancer Alter, but that's not saying much when the only real difference is showing a bit of her power and actually talking. With Tesla though, his appearance was actually planned, as Zolgen actually wanted him for using him in combination with the demon fog, whereas Lev summoned Altera on a whim.
And whereas Altera was pretty much following orders and wasn't even resisting her attempt to destroy humanity, Tesla did not want to destroy humanity that Zolgen had to put Mad Enhancement on him to get him to obey and even then Tesla had enough sanity to continually try and resist. It says alot about his character when you think about it. By what I heard, he appears in E Pluribus Unum alongside his "enemy" Edison, so hopefully we get to see some more character from him when he's not being controlled.

Jack was decent, although I still sorta wish she stayed around for a bit longer, much like Paracelsus. That's somewhat the major feeling that I have with the villains in London was that a couple could've had more potential screentime. And Alice I was sad about, especially as one who clearly remembers what happened to her in Extra, that she only stayed for one scene and she didn't even get a final words moment like Jack did. A part of me wishes that she could've been a potential ally, like Fran, but looking at the story, that probably wouldn't have much purpose other than being there to help

Mephistopheles was also just there, which is sad when you think a mention of Faust could've been mentioned. But he also gets the short stick, much as he did in the Guda event. Seriously, the only time where he actually got screentime and great development was the Kara no Kyoukai event, which actually gave me some different opinions on him than just being a nuisance and a 'complete monster'.

But anyway, I do agree with the story placement. Orleans being the best and Septem being the worst. Fuyuki I don't really rank as it was meant to be a prologue story.

I'll miss the memes.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I'll miss the memes.

Hey look!

Brave Priscilla.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
EDIT:

SWAMP THIS IS WHY YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO READ THINGS

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Apparently it's not happening after all.
Don't you just hate it when simply opening the image in a new tab gives you an working image while "Visit" takes you to a link that doesn't work?

Also, by what I've been hearing, Leif, Nanna and Finn are actually coming in April and IS even said, "Have patience, please." Looks like they knew people wanted Thracia and by what I heard, apparently they kept getting backlash everytime they showed a Banner that wasn't Thracia, so I can sorta see why they announced it so early. Also, IS being nice in letting people save up their Orbs.
EDIT:

SWAMP THIS IS WHY YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO READ THINGS
My first Gif broke due to a improper link. Than I couldn't remove it with an edit, so I had to place a new image that worked. Either way, I can still see the broken image on my screen.

Edit: I saw your post before your edit, hence I replied, but I should've read what the quote I quoted said. :laugh:

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Don't you just hate it when simply opening the image in a new tab gives you an working image while "Visit" takes you to a link that doesn't work?
I do. I do immensely.

Funny story though:

Now you got both.

The failing one might not appear when editing regularly. If not, you'll need to go in there with the BB Code editor to kill the offending IMG tag.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
In term of my favorite generations, I'd say II and V are the ones I have the strongest attachment to. II is born a bit from nostalgia, but even playing through the remakes recently I still have a lot of fun going through the region and catching its Pokémon. Something about it just always get my inner Pokémon fan going and even years later that feeling hasn't disappeared in the slightest.

V is the oddball generation and I agree it has some weirdness to it, but I feel that when it nails its weird ideas, it truly nails them and that made for a very unique experience for me.

Gen V was hit or miss with it's Pokemon for sure. You have Pokemon that people definitely notice for being rather unoriginal, like the Tepig line(although purely for Fire/Fighting for 3rd time), the Trubbish line and the Vanillite line, or too similar to Gen 1, like Throh and Sawk or Woobat and Swoobat. But then you have pretty cool Pokemon like the Litwick->Chandelure line, Drilbur and Excadrill, the Venipede->Scolipede line, Joltik and Galvantula, Hydreigon and it's pres, Volcarona, the Musketeer Legendaries. Basically, Gen V had both cool Pokemon and unimpressive Pokemon.

That being said, Gen V has my favourite leaders. N and Ghetsis are easily my favourite leaders. Also, Gen V wins a prize from me for most memorable soundtrack since Gen 2. I really didn't find Gen III or Gen IV memorable in terms of music as I couldn't remember even a quarter of their soundtracks. Meanwhile, I can remember the majority of Gen V's music. And N and Ghetsis easily have the best Leader battle themes and Ultra Sun/Moon made Ghetsis' theme even better.
Do you mind if I ask why you thought the Trubbish and Vanillite lines were unoriginal? I always felt they suffered the opposite problem since they stand out (and not in a good way for many) from a lot of Pokémon in how they're designed, so I'm curious what you think makes them bland.

Nonetheless, I do agree on being rather hot and cold with Gen V's set. I noticed it when doing my favorites list earlier, but there's quite a few that I would either place in my top favorite Pokémon (ex. Zekrom, Galvantula, the fossils, Escavalier, Sawsbuck, Hydreigon, Scolipede, Braviary) or rate highly (ex. Terrakion, Reshiram, Excadrill, Serperior, Zebstrika), but there were also a number that I just either felt ambivalent about or just don't like at all. The Elemental Monkeys for instance I feel are almost completely wasted as a concept since the pseudo-starter and the 'see/hear/speak no evil' themes don't have much done with them, and while I don't mind expies (Gigalith for instance I like, even more then Golem at that) and I do think the number is exaggerated at times, there are those that do lack their own charm to truly stand out and end up being forgettable. The fact that it does still have a number of favorites for me does mean that I still like the set overall, but I do agree that it does come off as a mixed bag at times and I would put it more towards the middle in comparison to other generations.

I'll miss the memes.

Finally, Thracia is getting more love and my boy Leif is coming home. I hope they give him his Light Brand since I want to see how they'd adapt it to the game.

Now with his confirmation I'm curious who's going to be on our banner this week. Binding Blade hasn't gotten a non-seasonal banner in a while either, so that could be a good choice.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm not sure if I should be shipped with anyone considering my age(compared to other users here), but if I was a bit older, who would I be shipped with?
I should've asked that question yesterday as well
BUT IM NOT BRINGING UP THIS TOPIC AGAIN.
---------------
We're talking about Pokemon gens? For me:
  1. Gen 7 (I loved most of the changes they made in Sun and Moon, and it had the best story imo)
  2. Gen 5 (Pretty much the same as above, but no HMs beats everything else)
  3. Gen 4 (It was a bit slow but otherwise very good. I appriciate it for being the first Generation with the physical/special split)
  4. Gen 3 (Good games but the lack of Physical/Special split takes a lot of points from it)
  5. Gen 6 (It was my first Pokemon game but aside from the introduction of Mega Evolutions it felt like a major downgrade from Gen 5)
  6. Gen 2 (Just hasn't really aged all that well imo and there's no reason to play it over HGSS, sorry)
  7. Gen 1 (Red and Blue are among the worst games I've ever played)
I wasn't taking the Pokemon introduced in those generations into account in my ranking.

\(°|°)/

Ivander

Smash Legend
I do. I do immensely.

Funny story though:

Now you got both.

The failing one might not appear when editing regularly. If not, you'll need to go in there with the BB Code editor to kill the offending IMG tag.
Yeah, I couldn't get it out with regular editing. So thanks for mentioning the BB Code editor as I didn't know it could do that if needed.
Do you mind if I ask why you thought the Trubbish and Vanillite lines were unoriginal? I always felt they suffered the opposite problem since they stand out (and not in a good way for many) from a lot of Pokémon in how they're designed, so I'm curious what you think makes them bland.

Nonetheless, I do agree on being rather hot and cold with Gen V's set. I noticed it when doing my favorites list earlier, but there's quite a few that I would either place in my top favorite Pokémon (ex. Zekrom, Galvantula, the fossils, Escavalier, Sawsbuck, Hydreigon, Scolipede, Braviary) or rate highly (ex. Terrakion, Reshiram, Excadrill, Serperior, Zebstrika), but there were also a number that I just either felt ambivalent about or just don't like at all. The Elemental Monkeys for instance I feel are almost completely wasted as a concept since the pseudo-starter and the 'see/hear/speak no evil' themes don't have much done with them, and while I don't mind expies (Gigalith for instance I like, even more then Golem at that) and I do think the number is exaggerated at times, there are those that do lack their own charm to truly stand out and end up being forgettable. The fact that it does still have a number of favorites for me does mean that I still like the set overall, but I do agree that it does come off as a mixed bag at times and I would put it more towards the middle in comparison to other generations.
Admittingly, they do stand out the most. But I think what makes them unoriginal to me comes from them looking too much like their inspirations/what they're based on. Like the Trubbish line looks a bit too much like a garbage bag and the Vanillite line look too much like ice cream/ice stalactite. Like I won't deny that the other Gens, especially Gen 1, have some uninspiring designs, but I always thought the better designs came from Pokemon that didn't look so much like their source material with just an added face or took good advantage of using a source material to make a rather unique Pokemon.
Like there's no denying that Pokemon like Voltorb, Grimer or Pineco look so basic and uninspiring, but you'd think after 4 Generations, they'd be a bit more creative with their designs than just taking an object and adding a face(and they still do, even if they have interesting Dex entries. *looks at Klefki*).
Although I myself think I'm being a bit hypocritical as I really like Chandelure and Cofagrigus' designs(although I like their Pokedex entries alot). But I don't know for sure since I don't like the Klink lines' designs. For all I know, it could just be the Ghost factor that the Chandelure and Cofagrigus have that make me like their designs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

America is coming to NA FGO, and they're making Singularity-based pick up events
>Fuyuki Pick Up
>Artoria is the only 5* on it
>Literally the best chance I have of getting her
>Banner is only avaible tomorrow
>2 Quartz, 0 Summoning Tickets
Guess I'll be grinding those free quests tonight.
Edit: Oh, something else I forgot to mention. The fact that Sherlock didn't appear in London. Why? You had the Cheldea staff talk about him at the beginning of the Singularity, than you revealed the book characters like Jekyll and Frankenstein being real, than you don't show Sherlock. DW, you teasers!
I think Sherlock hadn't yet been implemented? I think his first appearence is in Camelot, right? Which is incredibly out of place but that's a recurring them in these Singularities.

But yeah, I agree with most of your points regarding the Story. But I guess this was a result of making it "mystery" based, you couldn't have a known antagonist for much time or else that'd take away the mystery part.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Gen IV is my favorite Gen. It had the best Pokémon designs; they were creative, but you could still tell what the Pokémon was supposed to be. Gen IV had the best character designs, and the challenging gameplay seemed fitting.

Gen V definitely had the most forgettable mons, with little to no stand-outs, but I do like the huge number they added. Gen II did a better job of adding object Pokémon; :183::224::232::178: are objects mixed with animals, which makes their designs not stupid.

Gen VI was the worst IMO. Not enough Pokémon, and it didn't even promote its Pokémon like Gen VII. It's also the only Gen without a monkey Pokémon, and unless you count Avalugg, the only Gen without a turtle Pokémon.
Megas were cool, but they could've been wiser about choosing who gets them. The Kalos starters should've got them, at least.
Gen VI technically followed the pattern of even-numbered Gens adding evolutions for past Gen Pokémon, but we still could've had actual permanent evolutions, besides Sylveon, and babies. Gens IV and V could've really used some of their lines expanded.
And finally, the anime. Most people loved it, but I actually hated it for multiple reasons.

Gen VII had a better amount of Pokémon than VI, but I still would've liked it to have broken the 100 mark like Gens 1-5. At this point in Pokémon, the mechanics were largely way too simplified, which actually made the game less enjoyable.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I recently check Youtube videos and Indiegogo, I found out that GPD Win 2 is going to be in production. I remember I saw its predecessor, GPD Win's Indiegogo campaign back in 2015. That time I was amazed with the project but since it was Indiegogo I didn't fund it... and because I don't have cash and the time it came out (And me already own a laptop), I didn't bought it.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gpd-win-2-handheld-game-console-for-aaa-games-laptop#/
So GPD Win 2 is basically a mini gaming laptop, which is incredibly just a size of 3DS XL...
And by looking at the specs, this gameing laptop's spec literally makes Nintendo Switch look like a joke....

* Intel Core™ m3-7y30
* lntel HD Graphics 615 * 6 inches H-IPS Technology
* 8GB Memory * M.2 SSD 128GB, Replaceable, No Capacity Ceiling
* 162×99×25mm
* ABS + Aluminum alloy
* 2×4900mAh, In Series
* About 6~8 hours of battery life, it should depend on the actual working conditions

That being said, with this kind of spec, the price is obviously not cheap, even with Indiegogo backer price, it's still two times more expensive than Nintendo Switch....

So why do I even mention this product? Tbh, I actually would want to buy this laptop than the Switch if I don't consider any budget limit or games. Having a laptop that you can take on the go is a nuff said for me... however...

I also saw some naysayers say "GPD Win 2 will be a Switch Killer", even though this statement may sound absurd for almost everyone who play video games. I can do see where are they coming from. That being said, I curious to know what are your thoughts.

D

Deleted member

I am honestly happy of Generation 7, because that was a huge upgrade from Generation 6. XY had some okay music ( good route music ), great 3D designs for the Pokemon, and some very notable Pokemon. I would say the main reason why this is my second least favorite generation is because it is way too short and easy. The Elite 4 and champions are disappointing as well. Dianthia's team was slaughtered by mine in the first try, and I do not think I used any legendaries.

I liked Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire better than X and Y, but it still felt too easy and I did not like how they sticked with the chibi character designs.
Well let me rephrase...

I really liked B2W2.

When I got a Generation 5 game, I got White and Black 2. That game was fun indeed and better than Black and White in my opinion. It just looks better than regular Black and White. I agree that I like Iris better than Alder as well. I am happy that there is a person who finally actually likes the designs of Generation 5 instead of hates them, thank you Swamp.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, btw, anyone who says Gen V isn't the best Generation is objectively wrong. Trust me, Junichi Masuda himself told me so.
In his words: "lol those who don't think gen v is the best games we ever made are a bunch of uncultured swines, they shouldn't even be playing pokemon, their existence disgusts me. I bet they're also saving for jalter lmao"
Words from the man himself.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, btw, anyone who says Gen V isn't the best Generation is objectively wrong. Trust me, Junichi Masuda himself told me so.
In his words: "lol those who don't think gen v is the best games we ever made are a bunch of uncultured swines, they shouldn't even be playing pokemon, their existence disgusts me. I bet they're also saving for jalter lmao"
Words from the man himself.
Is Generation 5 being my third favorite generation worthy enough of your praise?
Generation 7 is my second and Generation 4 is my favorite generation.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I also saw some naysayers say "GPD Win 2 will be a Switch Killer", even though this statement may sound absurd for almost everyone who play video games. I can do see where are they coming from. That being said, I curious to know what are your thoughts.
Pssh.

That thing ain't a Switch killer. That thing ain't even a Switch minor inconvenience-er.

I'll grant its tech specs drop trou and let loose all over the Switch's. And at least in the vid, it looks like it does what it sets out to do pretty admirably - the smaller screen masks any resolution issues you'd find from dropping settings, framerate's decent, battery life sounds not horrible.

But it's got three big hurdles that I don't see it about to overcome.

First is that price. After it jumps from IndieGogo, the little *******'s going to retail for $900. Nine. Hundred. US. Dollars. That's an enthusiast price through and through. It won't be competing in the same market space as the Switch when the same price nets you three Switches. Hell, you can actually get fullsize laptops that run the games better at that price point, if you're more about the portability and less about the pocket.

Second is that screen. Most of the games one would want to play on a PC aren't built for the resolution you get on a 6-inch display. They're much wider in viewpoint and finer in detail. That's not to say it can't be adjusted to - hasn't stopped mobile gaming, DS, 3DS, or the Switch - but if you think you're going to be roaming around CS:GO or Overwatch (two games featured in the vid) getting 360 no scopes at 50 yards on this thing, unless you got serious eagle eyes, I got some bad news.

Third is that OS. No hate for Win10 - it's what I'm coming to you live from, I can only cast so many stones - but using nubbly joysticks to navigate a desktop environment would be maddening to me, from personal experience. Its Metro mode ain't great here either. I guess if it immediately opened into Steam's Big Picture Mode that might not be so bad, but otherwise there's a reason every mobile gaming ecosystem that has thrived has been more tailor-built than Honey I Shrunk The Desktop.

Noble goal, and certainly the IndieGogo campaign's doing great, but as soon as it graduates I'll be genuinely impressed if it isn't DOA.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

I'll miss the memes.

Well...it's about damn time.
Hey look!

Brave Priscilla.
:glare:

*smacks upside the head*

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So shipping wars and Pokémon discussion in my absence. Business as usual for NintenZone. Also neat that Leif's finally appearing in FEH. Here's hoping that I'm lucky enough to get him in the banner he shows up in, since the most recent 5-Star I got was Lilina as a pity breaker.

Anyways, Gen V was probably the generation when I was feeling burned out on Pokémon. I wasn't expecting a new generation so soon after the high of Generation IV with Sinnoh and the Johto remakes. It didn't really catch on to me aside from Smugleaf in the very beginning, but initially I just didn't gel with the Unova games - No classic Pokémon to be seen in the early game, and some designs that make you question everything (For example, Vanillite's line, Trubbish, and don't get me started on my most hated Pokémon - Stunfisk), and Team Plasma just didn't seem as dangerous or menacing initially as opposed to Team Galactic.

It was only until after X and Y's announcement that I decided to give Unova a second chance in White 2, and the journey wasn't half-bad either, managed to beat the game before Gen VI's launch and came to like some of the new Pokémon in the end after all - Cofagrigus, Braviary, *cough*Anything not Stunfisk* and quite a few entertaining mini games like the Movie Cinema and the Pokémon World Tournament. Fighting old Gym Leaders from Kanto through to Unova was what sold me on White 2 in the first place.

Anyways, Happy Anniversary to Black and White.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
DON'T BRING BACK THE SUBJECT, DAMMIT!
I like how all our posts on the subject, since the subject, have been to not bring back the subject.

Which, in turn, serves to also keeps the subject discussed - however disparagingly - and therefore alive.

Why, here I am, even, offering it another transfusion of discourse.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I like how all our posts on the subject, since the subject, have been to not bring back the subject.

Which, in turn, serves to also keeps the subject discussed - however disparagingly - and therefore alive.

Why, here I am, even, offering it another transfusion of discourse.

I think my mind esploded...

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Pssh.

That thing ain't a Switch killer. That thing ain't even a Switch minor inconvenience-er.
Yes, I know and agree that this will never be a Switch killer, but that doesn't mean I want GPD Win 2 to fail. I can see those who are buying... are PC game enthusiast (Like me to some degree) but just can't play PC games all day long. So I think this gadget can be a really good gadget for college students... I mean even though the price is high but when you consider that college students buy stuff pretty expensive these days... this still can be something worth, depending on your routine.

Or this can be a recommendation for those who utterly demands Switch to have third party games like Overwatch, Destiny 2, Call of Duty, Dragon Ball Fighter Z, Nier Automata, right in the get go..... yeah, back in 2017 there were plenty of Youtubers despite not being a Switch hater many were disappointed that it "lacks AAA third party games", well if they really want those AAA third party games on the go and don't care about Indies, and Nintendo first party games, then get GPD Win 2...

So yeah, if anyone here for some reason is a Switch hater, don't really count on this mini laptop to "kill" Switch...

Interestingly I also remember there was a handheld called Smach Z... but it still hasn't out yet and from some vids I saw, it's likely a scam.

But it's got three big hurdles that I don't see it about to overcome.
Well......
How about I here temporarily be a GPD Win 2 defender for a while? Just for the sake of having fun... and making it fair....

First is that price. After it jumps from IndieGogo, the little *******'s going to retail for $900. Nine. Hundred. US. Dollars. That's an enthusiast price through and through. It won't be competing in the same market space as the Switch when the same price nets you three Switches. Hell, you can actually get fullsize laptops that run the games better at that price point, if you're more about the portability and less about the pocket.
I totally admit that the price is a deal breaker, but when you look at what can the GPD Win 2 can do... the price sort of makes it worth, I mean just like you said it is a "laptop" afterall, so 650$ or even 899$ isn't that expensive for a gaming laptop.

I would also like to point out that despite Switch is 300$, that's you just buy the console and not having any games, or any usage at all (Like using web browser, watch Youtubes, listen to music etc...), if you need to get the most out of your Switch... supposed you buy all Nintendo's own AAA titles (Botw, MK8D, ARMS, SP2, FEW, SMO, XC2)... that's 7 60$ game. And even though this may be differ to people, the popular opinion is that you got to have screen protector (At least 15$ for a good one), mini dock (30$ at min), carrying case(5$ min), and a Nintendo Pro controller... which is in a ridiculously high price at 70$... and yeah you can get third party ones but they aren't good. So in total that's 840$... yeah it is still cheaper than getting GPD Win 2 but that doesn't seems to be a huge difference when you realized GPD Win 2 can do more things than Switch right out from the box despite Switch is a video game console. Also you might probably already have a lot of games on Steam, so if it's like that you basically don't need to buy games on GPD Win 2. Unlike Switch where it basically just have downgraded ports and it is more expensive on Switch.

Edit: I forgot to include playstand (At least 5$), decent battery bank (at least 40$), and... probably... and 128 micro SD card (at least 40$ on Amazon)
Like the 3DS, GPD Win 2 is a clamshell design, so a screen protector won't be necessary, also like I said before when it comes to portablility, GPD Win 2 takes the cake here.

Second is that screen. Most of the games one would want to play on a PC aren't built for the resolution you get on a 6-inch display. They're much wider in viewpoint and finer in detail. That's not to say it can't be adjusted to - hasn't stopped mobile gaming, DS, 3DS, or the Switch - but if you think you're going to be roaming around CS:GO or Overwatch (two games featured in the vid) getting 360 no scopes at 50 yards on this thing, unless you got serious eagle eyes, I got some bad news.
I can sort of play devils advocate here, many third party ports on Switch aren't even fully 720p either, and hell some games like WWE 2K just runs terrible on Switch even after patch, and even RIME as well before getting the patch...

I mean hey, Overwatch and CS:GO don't require huge resolution to be playable, it's just if you want the best performance then obviously go for big screen platforms like PC, Xbone, or PS4... but then again... just like the Switch the fact that you can play those PC/ AAA games on the go can attract a lot of people.

Despite that it is stupid for those naysayers say "If you want to play AAA third party games, just get a laptop!", I think they sort of have a point when GPD Win 2 exists... since the three big problems for most laptops are portability, size and battery life. GPD Win 2 gets rid of those problems.

Third is that OS. No hate for Win10 - it's what I'm coming to you live from, I can only cast so many stones - but using nubbly joysticks to navigate a desktop environment would be maddening to me, from personal experience. Its Metro mode ain't great here either. I guess if it immediately opened into Steam's Big Picture Mode that might not be so bad, but otherwise there's a reason every mobile gaming ecosystem that has thrived has been more tailor-built than Honey I Shrunk The Desktop.
From most people's experience the controls on GPD Win 2 aren't too bad, and you can also say that for Nintendo Switch's Joy Cons joy stick... which a lot of people say it ok when attached to the console but not great when attached to the grip.

Tbh here, it's really up to which games you are playing imo...
If you play fast pace games and shooters... go for Pro controller

If you are playing traditional platform games and 3D platform games, with either Joy Con or Pro are just fine.

If you are playing slow paces games, RPGs, JRPGs, puzzle games you will be fine with Joy Con

Noble goal, and certainly the IndieGogo campaign's doing great, but as soon as it graduates I'll be genuinely impressed if it isn't DOA.
Well, it is a sequel project, and it has huge amount of support, so I think it will succeed. Also for now what we have seen the GPD Win 2 is still in a prototype stage, so who know how many refinements will GPD Win 2 get.
Be a bit more raw here, I can see GPD Win 2 being a "Switch competitor", you can't deny that there are those audience who might bought Switch just to play those Steam and AAA third party games. Once they saw GPD Win 2 chances are many f them will pick up that rather than Switch. (Again, not saying GPD Win 2 will kill Switch)
So with GPD Win 2 coming, I hope Nintendo can really start pumping out more unexpected AAA third party games for Switch since GPD Win 2 just might bring in some heat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom