• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Anyone think Generation 4 is the best? Diamond, Pearl, Heart Gold and Soul Silver are really good!
Generation 5 does get too much hate, that is easily my third favorite generation.
Gen 5 is the best cause it has all the best dark bois.
N is my boy. Enough said.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Gen 4 is my most favorite generation. It brought upon many different, and much needed changes, really cool Pokémon like Lucario and Empoleon, a cool enemy team, Barry-- it basically had it all.

The only real issue was that the game was slow. Otherwise, I would say it was damn near flawless, in my eyes.

And yeah, there will be naysayers, but you're blocked so who cares? :4ness:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Its honestly really difficult for me to pick my favourite Pokemon Generations cuz they all have something to offer...and I'm not referring exclusively to just the Pokemon from each generation either...

-I have lots of fond memories of the first three Gens especially...sometimes you feel like a crack addict when you go to buy more batteries for the old GameBoy/GBA...

-Gens 6 and 7 sort of reinvigorated my enthusiasm for Pokemon in recent years...also being a big step forward for the franchise using 3D models...

-Gens 4 and 5 are in sort of this cold zone where I was in my "I'm too old for Pokemon" phase....so I don't really have as much attachment to those games as the others...however I can still appreciate them enough...Still cannot wait for Sinnoh Remakes and the return of Cynthia and Cyrus...best champion and villain...

Honestly though Hoenn as a region is probably my favourite region overall, so the original RSE and ORAS are definitely amoung my favourite games in the series...and so many amazing Pokemon introduced in Gen 3 as well, most of my favourite Pokemon are from Hoenn...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Gen 4 is my most favorite generation. It brought upon many different, and much needed changes, really cool Pokémon like Lucario and Empoleon, a cool enemy team, Barry-- it basically had it all.

The only real issue was that the game was slow. Otherwise, I would say it was damn near flawless, in my eyes.

And yeah, there will be naysayers, but you're blocked so who cares? :4ness:
It did have the second coolest bug pokemon in it so I’ll give it that.

Ivander

Smash Legend
For those with Overwatch, you can get a free Legendary skin for Widowmaker by logging in on Overwatch. You can get this skin for her by logging in before April 3rd.

D

Deleted member

The reason why Generation 6 is my second least favorite generation is because of only one thing: It being way too easy. I know finding shinies are cool and all, but I decreasing the odds makes them seem less valuable. Generation 7 was an improvement though, with it being much more difficult than Generation 6.

THEY SHOULD ADD A HARD MODE AGAIN. I chose hard mode for White 2, because I love difficulty in games. I remember my first Pokemon to level 100 was a Lucario named "Mario" who was the best. If I could find that old game again, I would transfer it to USUM. Ahh good memories. :)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The reason why Generation 6 is my second least favorite generation is because of only one thing: It being way too easy. I know finding shinies are cool and all, but I decreasing the odds makes them seem less valuable. Generation 7 was an improvement though, with it being much more difficult than Generation 6.

THEY SHOULD ADD A HARD MODE AGAIN. I chose hard mode for White 2, because I love difficulty in games. I remember my first Pokemon to level 100 was a Lucario named "Mario" who was the best. If I could find that old game again, I would transfer it to USUM. Ahh good memories. :)
I still haven’t seen a shiny outside if the red gyarados in gen 2.

Also it’s hard for me to decide the order of gens from best to worst outside of 5 being the best.

D

Deleted member

Also it’s hard for me to decide the order of gens from best to worst outside of 5 being the best.
Speaking of shinies, I really got to get back to Heart Gold, shiny hunting for the shiny starter. Too bad I love this place too much.
My sister got many shinies without trading or hacking. She found them all.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I skipped Gen 4 for a while; I liked everything about it but I was too lazy to get a DS just for Pokémon. Years later I bought a used DS and Pokémon White on discount and got into playing again. After I finished White I got Platinum after searching the game for months in flea markets, but it was worth it.

Gen 4 introduced by far the best change in the games; the physical-special split, then Gen 5 gave us TMs with infinite uses, making them the best gens for sure. With B2W2 being the peak of the series in terms of gameplay, content and difficulty.

Gen 6 was cool, but yeah, the chibi models aged pretty badly and you could wipe Diantha with a fart.

D

Deleted member

SOME MINUTES AGO I JUST RECOGNIZED THAT Chrono. Chrono. actually is end.
Theoria wins the award for best at changing identity by far.
Either way, welcome back to this thread after some days. :)

I hope you get a shiny. If you try, you will find one I am sure.
I skipped Gen 4 for a while; I liked everything about it but I was too lazy to get a DS just for Pokémon. Years later I bought a used DS and Pokémon White on discount and got into playing again. After I finished White I got Platinum after searching the game for months in flea markets, but it was worth it.

Gen 4 introduced by far the best change in the games; the physical-special split, then Gen 5 gave us TMs with infinite uses, making them the best gens for sure. With B2W2 being the peak of the series in terms of gameplay, content and difficulty.

Gen 6 was cool, but yeah, the chibi models aged pretty badly and you could wipe Diantha with a fart.
I am thankful for the physical and special split. Gen 5 was really good with changes, infinite TM usage and a hard mode ( too bad that was never added anymore ).

Generation 6 was cool indeed, I did hate the chibi models and how easy it was. Diantha is the worst champion by far, she is ugly and her team is embarrassingly weak for a champion.
Im emotionaly and mentaly exsausted right now so im going to bed
Good night, my pumpkin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'm not nearly as well-versed in Pokemon as you all, but I've played the first six generations at least a little bit. Gens 2 and 5 are my favorite. Gen 2 is what got me into Pokemon, and I love the replayability (Kanto gym leaders included, eff yes) and Gen 5's storyline is something special.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
praline praline I accidently overwrote my 1st TI save si Im doing another hello kitty art but this time laying flat. Plus this 2nd one has a better layout anyway and Im so tired that I could care less about what I lost
Well that sucks but I guess if it all works out then it’s not so bad.

Tomorrow I think I’m gonna force myself to start Outlast.

D

Deleted member

Wow, time does fly fast when you are having fun.
There are some positive news.... My depression is fading really fast. It still may be there, but it is not as strong as it was some time ago. I am happy. :)
Good night.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
New ARMS update. Let's see the content...
  • More pictures in the Gallery
I mean, that's neat, but like, can you just let be happy about having compl- oh wait, still had three endings missing. Well, more reason to rack up money :p
  • Big Time ARMS as an actual mode
**** TO THE YEAH, BABY!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Casually browsing memes on FB
>A Sailor Moon page shared a video of an interview with the president of a national channel
>Dude confirms they'll finally re-premiere Sailor Moon Sailor Stars after months of bouncing between Seasons 1-4
>Dude also confirms Sailor Moon Crystal is getting a mexican dub

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
>Casually browsing memes on FB
>A Sailor Moon page shared a video of an interview with the president of a national channel
>Dude confirms they'll finally re-premiere Sailor Moon Sailor Stars after months of bouncing between Seasons 1-4

>Dude also confirms Sailor Moon Crystal is getting a mexican dub
Any news for the when Crystal season 4is coming? Even though,yes I know, it’s not a season just 2 movies

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean. There isn't a Pokemon generation I don't like but....

Gen V is probably on the lower end for me.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Any news for the when Crystal season 4is coming? Even though,yes I know, it’s not a season just 2 movies
No info unfortunately; the only thing I know is that they already did concept art for the season.
We might get new info at Anime Matsuri; as Chiaki Kon is a guest.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I skipped Gens 4 and 5.

Would've skipped Gen 6 too if I hadn't gotten a used 3DS at the right moment.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
praline praline scratch what I said before; I found a potential leak:

I mean. There isn't a Pokemon generation I don't like but....

Gen V is probably on the lower end for me.
That's a legit hot take.
Why is in the lower end for you?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You need to play gen 5 now.
Even if I was a good little black-hearted ******* and didn't have a RetroPie setup, I don't have a touchscreen.

...although...no, not taking on that kind of electronics project right now.

Can't be arsed to use a mouse for it either.

Perhaps another time.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
praline praline scratch what I said before; I found a potential leak:

That's a legit hot take.
Why is in the lower end for you?
That’s exciting. If I could speak Spanish lol
Even if I was a good little black-hearted ******* and didn't have a RetroPie setup, I don't have a touchscreen.

...although...no, not taking on that kind of electronics project right now.

Can't be arsed to use a mouse for it either.

Perhaps another time.
if you have a 3ds it can play ds games, bud.

Or did you forget.

God damn it, nothing is working right tonight. No matter how many times I do this hello kitty thing, I either dont have enough space or Im off a block

I swear Im going to cry
Maybe take a break and get back to it tomorrow?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Gen V was hit or miss with it's Pokemon for sure. You have Pokemon that people definitely notice for being rather unoriginal, like the Tepig line(although purely for Fire/Fighting for 3rd time), the Trubbish line and the Vanillite line, or too similar to Gen 1, like Throh and Sawk or Woobat and Swoobat. But then you have pretty cool Pokemon like the Litwick->Chandelure line, Drilbur and Excadrill, the Venipede->Scolipede line, Joltik and Galvantula, Hydreigon and it's pres, Volcarona, the Musketeer Legendaries. Basically, Gen V had both cool Pokemon and unimpressive Pokemon.

That being said, Gen V has my favourite leaders. N and Ghetsis are easily my favourite leaders. Also, Gen V wins a prize from me for most memorable soundtrack since Gen 2. I really didn't find Gen III or Gen IV memorable in terms of music as I couldn't remember even a quarter of their soundtracks. Meanwhile, I can remember the majority of Gen V's music. And N and Ghetsis easily have the best Leader battle themes and Ultra Sun/Moon made Ghetsis' theme even better.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
That’s exciting. If I could speak Spanish lol
Oh right, sorry lol.

It says:
"It seems that we'll get news about the movie of the fourth arc of SMC soon."
"Apparently it is going to be called Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal: The Movie - Solar Eclipse Dream"

I think soon refers to the Anime Matsuri con, that will take place on March 30 btw.

I want to believe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom