• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I am tempted to take a nap. I am really bored to be honest.
You guys are nuts if you think every country that has mass produced processed food doesn't put a ton of disgusting chemical **** within.
I should of seen this earlier, but I am so thankful someone said this. I heard it is better for you to buy your fruits and vegetables from a farmer than a supermarket.

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I am tempted to take a nap. I am really bored to be honest.

I should of seen this earlier, but I am so thankful someone said this. I heard it is better for you to buy your fruits and vegetables from a farmer than a supermarket.
You’re too young for naps.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Aren't the chemicals put on foods while they grow on farms though? Or at least some time after that?

Not really sure. I do know there's some pesticides and things like that (though it's regulated to variants that are not harmful to us humans), but...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You’re too young for naps.
Uh....I take them occasionally ( not that common though )
That probably is a bad thing, right?
Aren't the chemicals put on foods while they grow on farms though?

Not really sure. I do know there's some pesticides and things like that (though it's regulated to variants that are not harmful to us humans), but...
Well, go to farmers who actually do not use pesticides and chemicals.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
When ur my age you don't have time for naps...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Uh....I take them occasionally ( not that common though )
That probably is a bad thing, right?

Farmers that don't use pesticides are probably rarer than you think. Selling for profit is hard when the insects eat half your yield out from under you.

. . .I WOULD ask if you live near Amish country, but half of them use cellphones anymore so IDK that's probably a bad judge of whether they use pesticides either.

Your best bet would probably be to start a garden if it really worries you that much. Outside of whatever's been done with the seeds, you can keep track of however you're handling it and then inevitably annoy the neighbors giving them fresh vegetables they won't eat while serving yourself salads full of insect species you didn't even realize existed until you notice them happily sitting in your bowl.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
First off, that's just a proof of how innocent you are.

Unless it's from Amish counties or anything similar to them (since people like that pretty much shun the vast majority, if not all modern technologies from after the 1800s or so), there will be pesticides and other chemicals used. And no, organic food is not an exception to this. It's practically an unwritten rule of agriculture at this point, which is done for the sake of preserving food while it's growing since insects can just show up and literally eat a farmer's profits.

Second, I never said pesticides were a bad thing. As long as they're safe for human consumption and don't ruin the taste, I'm fine with them.

After all, it's better than meeting some kind of species that shouldn't be in your country inside your meal because the food is imported. After all, not everything can grow in your home unless you set up the right climate for each indiviual thing. That's not cheap at all, so international trades are a better option since it's convenient and can create good relations with other countries.

Preventing invasive species (aka species non-native to an ecosystem) is pretty much a priority for those kinds of trades since they never lead to anything good, so pesticides can help a lot in those cases.

Bull. I’m a year younger and have them all the time.
Only one year before everything changes...

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
First off, that's just a proof of how innocent you are.

Unless it's from Amish counties or anything similar to them (since people like that pretty much shun the vast majority, if not all modern technologies from after the 1800s or so), there will be pesticides and other chemicals used. And no, organic food is not an exception to this. It's practically an unwritten rule of agriculture at this point, which is done for the sake of preserving food while it's growing since insects can just show up and literally eat a farmer's profits.

Second, I never said pesticides were a bad thing. As long as they're safe for human consumption and don't ruin the taste, I'm fine with them.

After all, it's better than meeting some kind of species that shouldn't be in your country inside your meal because the food is imported. After all, not everything can grow in your home unless you set up the right climate for each indiviual thing. That's not cheap at all, so international trades are a better option since it's convenient and can create good relations with other countries.

Preventing invasive species (aka species non-native to an ecosystem) is pretty much a priority for those kinds of trades, so pesticides can help a lot.

Only one year before everything changes...
And then the fire tribe came?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Lazing would be all I do if it wasn't for the fact that not doing anything eventually causes you to die. If I'm dead I can't be lazy! D:

D

Deleted member

So, uh what now? Opossum, the title is still very misleading. Ah well.
Naps are the only thing that keeps me going in life.

If I could not nap, I would

S N A P
I like this joke a lot.
You clever one.
Sure, why the heck not?

I'll go get marshmallows and tree branches.
What about the chocolate and graham crackers??
I didn't think of s'mores until you said that and now I'm ****ing hungry for those.
Great, now I want s'mores too.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well buy your premium again.
My premium has a long time to go still. I bought the "year" edition if you are curious.

What did you want to change it to Mr. Unicorn?
I had mine on permanent rotation for 4 years. I specifically canceled it 6 months ago.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've only gotten Premium once

It was given to me and never been given a reason to buy one.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You actually bought your Premium? :lol:

:joyful:
TBH if we're spending more time here than we do with half our hobbies, giving Smashboards the tip isn't that bad.

I mean, as long as I don't pay for anyone ELSE barring an emergency, in my case. . .

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
TBH if we're spending more time here than we do with half our hobbies, giving Smashboards the tip isn't that bad.

I mean, as long as I don't pay for anyone ELSE barring an emergency, in my case. . .
A fair point, my good female sir. A fair point indeed.

I know the right term is "lady", but **** it, "female sir" sounds too silly to pass up. ^-^

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I come back finding a whole bunch of new pages, I expected something notable was shown and it turns out it was people talking about bacon. :smirk:

Also, nobody disses our Canadian bacon and lives. :demon:

D

Deleted member

No need to worry about me, I'm in a safe place.

~practically the song of me right now~
:cheep::halfsheep::emptysheep:

I could be looking for a friend, but instead I talk to you guys for most of the day. :lol:

D

Deleted member

I can not wait for winter to end so I can go outside and not be a slob anymore. Got to burn those gained pounds.
Shall I go get the military beavers? :p
The military beavers? Those guys sound fierce and powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom