• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The tropical depression thing finally has pretty much passed by.

Currently assessing the damage:
images.jpeg

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Titans doesn’t seem so bad...but Starfire is still not cutting it for me

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm playing Bravely Second and I forgot about the dumb moral choice sidequests.

The game doesn't always have the canonical good choice that I feel is the right choice

And not only that, I have to make the wrong choice at times just because I'd rather have the reward for the wrong choice.

I'm going to side with the Red Mage because I'd rather have the theif's asteriks.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Hi peeps. How is everyone?
Doing good! I'm not looking forward to my vacation ending, but I'm looking forward to coming home

I just found out today that one of the longer co-workers I've known put in his two weeks last night. So I had a discussion with him and he realized that I'm best fit to take over as Safety Rep for the team after he leaves. Will be interesting to see how the safety representation as a Deaf person will go

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Netflix has cancelled Iron Fist...what the hell Netflix guys

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Waddup GAMERS
waddup gamers.jpg

Here's a topic:

Most wanted remake for any console?
Any game on my backlog that hasn't released on modern consoles. I would like to see them on the Switch.
I'd also like remakes of Kirby's Dreamland 2, Dreamland 3, and 64 bundled together as "The Dark Matter trilogy".

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Daaamn...arraso con todo lo que pudo!

(Now seriously speaking, I hope there wasn't any casualties. I have deal with hurricanes before and holy crap...scary ****. )
I'm happy I haven't lived through one. They sound terrifying.

The closest things to those here in recent times, were the Great Storm of 1987, and the Burns' Day Storm. I feel terrible for the people who have to experience these kinds of weather events on a more frequent basis.

Waddup GAMERS
The moon is up, at present. :D

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Here's a topic:

Most wanted remake for any console?
The game is obvious, of course;

Quest 64.

But not some overhaul either. The battle system is really good for what it is, it just needs some magic buffs on your end, the changes from the Japanese version(critical hits, readable signs, more cutscenes, able to get up to 3 items from an enemy drop, when you level up a colored aura appears, max elements give you more projectiles(just freaking test it out since it can lock the game if done wrong...), a bit more music, a regular sound test item. LIkewise, use the items from Quest RPG for healing magic. Way better ratios.

And that's the easy stuff. Beyond that, I feel like party members could be interesting, but it would mess with the battle system unless it was A.I. The A.I. would have to be intelligent enough to do more than move/attack/use spell, though. Like actual dodging. Whether it'd be the planned party members(Kiliac and Princess Flora. Though if they needed a 4th, Leo D'Nardo is clearly designed in the same style as the other two). That or just have recruitable monsters.

Chrono.

So I played the Jump Force beta and I... actually found it pretty fun?

I have complaints though:
- Framerate is really inconsistent
- The amount of motion blur is ridiculous, even in just the lobby
- Loading times are Sonic 06 bad
- The soundtrack is painfully generic. It sounds like someone searched on Youtube "epic movie soundtrack" and picked the first playlist

Other than that, it's a fun time. Gameplay is pretty much Xenoverse but flashier and that's fine for me. I got used to the artstyle pretty quickly. Favorite characters to use were probably Yusuke, Ichigo and Seiya. Twitter loves Rukia for some reason but I didn't get a chance to try her out.

Do think some, if not all, characters getting customizable movesets to an extent. Cause I know Goku has the Blue form (which isn't in the demo), so I gotta wonder if like Vegeta is also getting his. Frieza was also confirmed to get both his 100% and Golden forms recently and I'll be really shocked if Yusuke doesn't have his Demon form at the end of it all, as it was in J-Stars and it's a pretty iconic form in it's own right (despite it only being "used" once.)

As of now it's not a day one pick by any means, but I had a lot fun so who knows.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So.

What's a character you like that you consider a guilty pleasure?
I actually have quite a number of characters that I like that fall into that category. Here's a few particular ones I can name:

Hinata (Fire Emblem Fates):

Definitely a guilty pleasure since he is mostly known as the Fury fodder in FE: Heroes, and he's not as fleshed-out compared to other characters (namely because he lacks a backstory, with the only bits that we know about is that he came from a family that served the Hoshidan royalty for generations and his most prized possession is a Silver Katana from Takumi). Heck, I'll admit that I initially found him bland when I first played Fates, but it wasn't until I read his death quote in Conquest and read more of his supports that I started to warm up for the guy.

Hinata comes across as a pretty nice and chill dude. He acts like a bro. While he may not be the brightest guy, especially when it comes to falling for women's tricks, he does learn from his mistakes. He is also quite perceptive of other people's emotions and is willing to let a hand when they are feeling down (his supports with Felicia and Hinoka best exemplify this). I also love the relationship that he has with Takumi. Despite being master-retainer, the two interact with each other like close friends (they look out and care for each other), and the same can be said for Takumi and Oboro's relationship as well.

Hinoka (Fire Emblem Fates):

She really suffers a lot from being irrelevant to Fire Emblem Fates's story, but she is admittedly another guilty pleasure of mine. I mainly like her for the way she cares for others, and her whole struggle of wanting to improve herself just so she can be strong enough on her own is something I can relate to. I also enjoyed a lot of her supports in Fire Emblem Warriors.

Conrad (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia):

No one really talks about Conrad these days when they talk about SoV characters people like, and for understandable reasons. His role in the story felt forced, being a walking deux-ex-machina for most of Celica's route, and in the end he didn't truly contribute to anything to the point that he could just be removed from the plot and it wouldn't change.

Despite all that, I do like him a lot as a character. In fact, he's one of my top 3 favorite characters from SoV and one of my favorite Fire Emblem characters overall. It's not often you see the badass masked character turn out to be a huge dork, and Conrad is that kind of person. He's also a pretty sensitive guy, taking words quite literally similar to Forsyth (and that's a trait I can relate to a lot). He also has a very interesting and sympathetic backstory regarding how he became so devoted to Celica, and that helped me gain a nice appreciation for the character. I also found him to be a very good unit in my playthrough, basically being the Mathilda to Celica's route who helped me carry through Duma Tower.

Clive (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia):

While not one of my favorite characters in the game, I do like Clive quite a bit. Most fans seem to bat an eye on him because of his lackluster performance as a unit and that he is "boring" character-wise, but I mainly like Clive because he feels very human. He admits he is no perfect soldier and not the ideal leader for the Deliverance despite what others say about him. I also really liked his character arc throughout the game where he learns to better approach the lower class and face the conflict of whether or not making Alm the Deliverance leader was the right decision during the initial decision to rescue Delthea and the events immediately following Desaix's defeat to rescue Mathilda.

Forde (Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones):

It seems like Fire Emblem fans tend to forget about him since he's one of the more lackluster cavaliers in Sacred Stones when stacked up against the likes of Seth and Franz, so fans will probably remember him as "that guy who looks like Edward Elric."

I'm probably one of his few fans. Forde is my favorite character in Sacred Stones. I grew to love the character a lot from reading his supports. He's a pretty casual guy who just loves to paint as a hobby, and the reason he does so has a tragic flare to it as revealed it in his supports with his younger brother Franz. Forde is actually just a great person overall: an approachable dude, a good buddy to Kyle, a loyal retainer to Ephraim, and a great older brother to Franz. Ghast even did a Support Science on Forde which is worth checking out; it does a great job analyzing Forde's character.

Siegfried (Fate/Apocrypha):

His screen-time was limited as he is killed off quite early into the show just to give Sieg that power that allows him to transform into Siegfried, but from what we learn of Siegfried and his legend, he's a pretty cool character. Very humble in nature, he constantly apologizes for even the most actions and is incredibly selfless. His sacrifice fit the character in a way that showed he wanted to fight for the justice he believed in, which could mean sacrificing himself to save someone when he did a wrong to that individual. He ultimately fits the visage of a truly noble knight. It's a shame the real Siegfried was killed off early into Fate/Apocrypha, because I would've liked to see more screentime from there.

Thankfully, he does get a lot more spotlight in Fate/Grand Order. It was pretty cool how he got to fight the infamous Fafnir dragon from his legend during the Orleans singularity, and learning about him from his Interlude was good stuff too.

Noel Vermillion (BlazBlue):

I don't know if she really counts as a guilty pleasure, but I usually get the impression when most people look at Noel, they mostly associate her with "the timid one" and not much else while giving more attention and love to other BlazBlue girls.

Noel Vermillion is the girl I'd call "best girl" of BlazBlue and one of my favorite characters in the series overall. She's the character I relate to the most from its cast because of how worked up she gets worked up over small things (even being quite self-conscious at times), her social awkwardness, her nostalgic tendencies when thinking back about friendships, and her determination when motivated with something. I also really like her character development throughout the BlazBlue series. Initially starting out as a shy and timid person, she ultimately becomes a much stronger and more confident individual from Chrono Phantasma onward after her rough experience of being used by Hazama/Terumi as Mu-12 in Continuum Shift. By the events of Central Fiction, she is willing to do whatever it takes to put an end to Izanami's reign.

Natsuki Subaru (Re:Zero):

He is very much a love-him-or-hate-him character. A lot of people hate him for being a wimp, a coward at times, and being insenstive with some of the things he says. However, he also has several honorable traits: he cares about the people he befriends and will do anything to help them out. He's ultimately a deconstruction of the Isekai protagonist: whereas those of that same role usually go into the fantasy world with some OP superpowers, Subaru doesn't have that. His only "superpower" is return to death, an ability that allows him to loop back to a previous save point after he dies (and he retains all memories from what happened prior to those previous deaths). It's those latter two traits why he has his fair share of fans.

I find myself liking Subaru of how he develops throughout Re:Zero. He initially starts out as this cocky otaku who thinks he's the hero in the story that can go about and save the day and get everything he wants. Turns out life in this new world isn't as ideal as he'd like it to be, especially when he begins to discover his Return to Death ability. He even becomes quite unlikable in the middle of the show because of how extreme he gets whether its depression from failure or anger that leads him to overreacting and doing the wrong things. This eventually leads to a defining moment in the anime where he finally snaps from all the suffering he had to go through as he explains to a close friend, Rem, how much his life sucks and how no one understands him. When Rem consoles him with her confession, he regains some true closure for himself and is able to apply lessons that he learned in past loops to successfully collaborate with some of the royal candidate factions to stop the Witch Cultist attack that he knew would eventually happen.

Subaru is ultimately a character that reacts in a realistic way in the setting and situation he is put in, and that's what makes his character interesting to me.

Eren Jaeger (Attack on Titan):

Eren is more of an interesting case when it comes to being a guilty pleasure. In the manga community, he definitely doesn't qualify as one; he is very popular there because of how the manga is further into AoT's story compared to the anime, meaning that Eren is more developed in the former than the latter. Thus, it's mainly from the anime side of things where Eren counts as a guilty pleasure since the anime community is rather split on him: he has fans, but he has quite the number of haters. I can definitely see why he is hated: in the earlier seasons, he has quite a short-temper to the point his anger is a defining trait and acts like a brat towards others at certain points. Heck, I was initially apathetic towards Eren when I first got into AoT (never hated or disliked him; just didn't care for him).

But then reading the arc in the manga that Season 3 of the anime is currently on was when Eren started to grow on me as a character:

He eventually learns the truth regarding how he got his Titan powers, that he ate his dad, Grisha (who was a Titan Shifter), to gain those powers, and that Grisha was responsibly for massacring the majority of the Reiss family to steal the Founding Titan power to give it to Eren the night Wall Maria fell. To add more to that, Eren learns that the Founding Titan can only be used by someone that has royal blood, which he doesn't have. Eren learns all of this during the succession ceremony where Rod Reiss plans on having Historia eat Eren so that the Reiss can regain the Founding Titan.

From learning all of this, Eren realizes that all the people that died for him sacrificed themselves for nothing. It horrifies and shocks Eren's so much that he becomes suicidal and begs Historia to turn into a Titan and eat him to save humanity. Seeing Eren depressed like that was the moment I started to gain an appreciation for the character.

Eren becomes quite depressed over the course of the next few episodes after learning the truth about how he got his Titan powers. This depression affects him to the point that he calls himself useless and initially believes he cannot save his fellow allies in the collapsing Reiss cave when Rod turns into that giant Titan and has to receive a smack talk from some his allies just so that he can turn into a Titan and use his hardening powers for the first time to save everyone from the collapsing rubble.

The next day, when the Survey Corps are trying to defeat Titan Rod Reiss from destroying Wall Sina, Eren has a moment where he reflects on how he used to think he was special because of his Titan powers, noting that he accepted it from the get-go as his own and acted high-and-mighty in a negative way because of it. Realizing how much of a brat he has been up to this, Eren proceeds to punch himself over and over until he is stopped by Mikasa and Armin. It's from this scene that Eren symbolically kills off his bratty self from Seasons 1 and 2 and becomes a more mature person, evident when he says "I hope I finished that brat off."

Following Historia's coronation, Eren still feels depressed. After hearing Keith's backstory and how he met Grisha, Eren comes to the conclusion that he himself is indeed not special and just "the son of a special man." Keith then tells Eren about what Carla, Eren's mother, once said: that Eren doesn't need to be special for being a chosen one; he's already a special one just for being born into this world. This ultimately lifts a heavy emotional load off of Eren's chance and makes him feel more content with himself, now giving him a refreshed sense of purpose and a stronger desire to help those he cherishes.

Yeah, Eren had a great character arc in Season 3 so far.

Eren would grow on me to the point he became one of my favorite characters in the series by the next arc, but seeing Eren develop in that particular arc I previously described made me look back at Eren's character in the previous seasons and appreciate certain things about him. It made me realize Eren did have some development in Season 2: there, he learned to not let rage dictate his actions in battle in his main Titan fight that arc and start shifting away from fighting out of vengeance and rather fight to protect his friends and regain what he lost. Of course, the development in Season 2 didn't compare to what he'd go through in the following season, but it was more so things that made me look back and go, "Oh, I didn't think of that back then, but that's actually a good moment now that I look at it."

I've seen anime-onlies impressions of Eren starting to improve with Season 3 because of what I previously explained (not to mention he's a lot less angry in Season 3 compared to Seasons 1 and 2), so perhaps there'll soon come a point where he'll be just as popular as he is with the manga readers at the moment.

I mean, speaking as a manga reader, Eren has become one of my favorite protagonists in anime/manga with the recent developments in the manga:

While the events of the Uprising Arc do make Eren a less angry individual to the point that he is better able to stay calm and no longer has irrational rage moments, the events following the time skip show how much he has changed. He begins to think much more strategically and he is much more calm. He manages to infiltrate the Marley military and ends up understanding more about the enemy's perspective.

His dialogue with Reiner before he initiates the Battle of Liberio also showed how much he matured, as he tells Reiner to forget about the time he said he wanted to kill him and Bertolt "in the most brutal way possible" and that him and Reiner are the same in the way they grew up perceiving their enemy and how they struggled to become skilled. Its from this dialogue you see how Eren doesn't want to fight out of vengeance any longer and instead fights to protect his friends and the Eldian people, and he realizes bloodshed is inevitable despite the fact he thinks otherwise.

And Eren becomes a real badass during the Marley arc too, from his maturity to how strategic he was during it!

This video essay by Soul does a nice job analyzing and defending Eren's character, and it describes it in a better way than I did (be warned that it does contain major manga spoilers for the later arcs).

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Actually, the only reason we need an SMT2 remake is to see this in HD:
Michael Jackson SMT2.png

Yes, that is, in fact, Michael Jackson.
Otherwise known as "Mr. Thriller."

Did I mention this game was SUPER 90's?

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Vergeben strikes again

Eh

I don't trust it 100% obviously

But somewhere deep in my mind I expect there to be a SFV: Arcade Edition treatment

It's wishful thinking at this point

Last edited:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Vergeben strikes again

Eh

I don't trust it 100% obviously

Put somewhere deep in my mind I expect there to be a SFV: Arcade Edition treatment

It's wishful thinking at this point
I watched the video, and I sure wish it was true. But it's hard to imagine it being an update if they want to go for the big budget game, and changing the graphics (one of the biggest flaws of the game) I feel is too much for it to be an update, so I'd see it being a new game. Still... I think it's wishful thinking, MVCI is just dead and it would take too much effort to bring it out of the grave.

If Wright and Joe had been in the game I might have ended up buying Infinite, so I'm just hoping that if MVC4 will ever be a thing they keep the gameplay, add those two and change the graphics and presentation, that would be enough for me. Just don't make it next gen please, don't want to buy a new console just to play Marvel...

D

Deleted member

Uhh.. why?
1. He basically ruined Smash speculation forever.
2. He used autism as a slur. Regardless of his reasons, that's an awful thing to say.
He also disconfirmed my most wanted character but that's not as bad of an offense as the other 2.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
1. He basically ruined Smash speculation forever.
2. He used autism as a slur. Regardless of his reasons, that's an awful thing to say.
He also disconfirmed my most wanted character but that's not as bad of an offense as the other 2.
Well the speculation for 4 got ruined so this didn't surprise me... I do agree about the other part though

ThrowawayBoi

Banned via Warnings
A leaker.
That's all I'm gonna say. I don't feel like explaining things to people who are out of the loop.
ah i understand now. im not up to date on all the current smash bros stuff. the last smash game ive actively played was melee. brawl wasnt really my thing and i never had a 3ds or wii u to play the new one

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

ah i understand now. im not up to date on all the current smash bros stuff. the last smash game ive actively played was melee. brawl wasnt really my thing and i never had a 3ds or wii u to play the new one
Then may I ask why you made an account in a Smash related website? Not that there's anything wrong with that, I'm just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom