• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Well for one thing -

View attachment 168890

- you're making it already.
That's an avatar. For example, I'm not actually a psychotic powerful murder reptile with an insatiable appetite like my avatar would suggest...

I'm only a CUTE and AFFECTIONATE psychotic powerful murder reptile with an insatiable appetite

:yoshi:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

-throw Geno in the isabelle pic.

-rainbow road

-incenroar’s claw rising but not showing the model.

And this is how not to make a leak kids

Chrono.

-rainbow road

I wanted to take a break from the general thread thinking fake leaks would end up here anyway.

And I was right.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Stress relief.
I know a great way to remove stress.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
What's funny is that Flex Seal themselves beat you to that ****post...

Memes have grown too powerful. They must be stopped.

Also man, I wish all Harry Potter games weren't soulless cash-grabs.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'll definitely try for Myrrh and kaegoro.

Niles will be next and I don't really need mia.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
You say this and then immediatelly show me those gifs so what is the truth?
I think he meant artstyle
TBF I meant both. And I thought the part I showed in the GIFs was mostly okay, but the animation/artstyle in other parts was questionable.
I know, but it’s Kirby Dragons and no offense to him but he dislikes a lot of things.
My only gripe with OK KO is how it looks visually. I might watch it if it weren't for that.

Chrono.

Meanwhile I've done two multis on the MVP/21 banner on Dokkan and haven't gotten either.

Do9P1P-XsAUhisi.jpg

But the second summon was decent. Got the new 16 and Tapion/Hirudegarn.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

-rainbow road

I still wish this was real solely for Rainbow Road

Chrono.

I still wish this was real solely for Rainbow Road
I want to think it could be DLC.

But yeah pretty weird it isn't. It shouldn't really interfere with stage morph and it's the only Rainbow Road stage we have while there's still two Mario Circuits running around.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You activated my "It is a joke" card!
FOOL!
Your "it is a joke card" is no match for my spell-trap-summon card which allows me to negate any effects from any card in existence and pull any 5 cards from my deck or graveyard. Which means:

I ban you to the Shadow Realm.

Yu-Gi-Oh is ****ing ridiculous.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Please don't use that excuse. Everyone has different senses.

I will admit that since I am heavily interested in game development as an actual career, and I have worked a lot with image and video production and the tools and techniques for this sort of thing, I have a bit more of a trained eye for this than most. Especially resolution related things. I may notice things that others may not notice.
I never say it was an excuse... and that's what I was trying to say lol. Everyone has different senses on a lot of aspects, and again... you don't even specifically mention which games, all game's resolution drops can be vary, some are easy to notice, while some don't.

Two examples are Odyssey and XC2, both came out around the same period of time, but Odyssey look good in handheld, XC2 is just blurry especially in places like Gormott.

And look Chiko, I heavily admire your goal which to become a game developer or some sort. That said... when it comes to games you gotta look at it in a bigger scope rather than in a vision where only framerate and resolution matters, which I aware they are but when it comes to video games, gameplay and fun is what matters the most. Not everyone is gonna be a game developer, let me just leave that out there, obviously.

However, just because you don't notice something, doesn't mean it isn't there and it doesn't effect anyone. Most of the time, when I suggest things that Nintendo or other companies should do, it's not even in my own interest. For example, I would be the first to say Nintendo should keep up their momentum with third party support and even that they could stand to do better with it, but I also don't personally care about the Switch's third party library at all, and never will. I have a PC and PS4 for those. However, a lot of Switch owners don't have another system, so it is within Nintendo's best interest to cater to those people. It's objectively something they should be doing, and they have been decent about it so far. Therefore, it's something I'd encourage.
I never said it was never there, I have always aware those resolution drops, I just don't think that it's something we should be cater to foremost, and you got to agree with almost any game on any platform will have some minor performance issues whether it is resolution, framerate drops, bug etc...

I know this may be hard to be agree to disagree on this but, for someone like me who doesn't work for Nintendo I will never say I am suggesting Nintendo. Moreover, as I have said before you have look things in a bigger scope, and especially look at the facts.

So same here, I want more third party support on Switch as well, but I also aware that Switch is not gonna get all of them. If by looking at the nest selling games and with sales, I can even say that Nintendo doesn't need that intentionally pull those third parties (Especially the Japanese studios).

Same applies with resolution and frame rate issues. You may not notice them, but that doesn't mean Nintendo should ignore them or that they aren't there. If your eyes just can't notice these things then there is no point even debating it because no amount of explanation or visual examples would be able to help you see. Which I don't mean as an insult, people have different eyes and that's fine.
Like I said... I admit there are issues, but it isn't like how you said they are many games... or how it is only 240p or 480p because you don't even mention specific games. How is this even a debate when we don't even have a factual sample?

For example, I just watched Super Mario Odyssey video from Digital Foundry, you are right that Mario Odyssey has resolution drops in handheld mode, but it isn't like 240p or 480p, it just looks bricked and unpolished. But here is the catch, all of those are just either when you have huge movements or in big wide areas like New Donk City, so you can really blame me or most others that it isn't a big deal.

Same with Crash N Sane Trilogy, yes Switch doesn't look as great as PS4, but is it really that of an issue when Crash's hair, grass, and waters don't look good or realistic compare to other platforms?

First party Nintendo games can't be played on PC, which is where my argument comes from. Nintendo used to be a company you could rely on for stable resolutions and frame rates within their first party projects. They always made sure to build their systems to account for their ambition.
You taken my quotes out of context (Again...)
Get a PC, if those perfirmance issues really bothers you on Switch, third party games run best on PC and we can probably play Switch games in high quality once the emulations finishes within the next few years.

because I also mention that hopefully the Yuzu emulation can have some Switch games being run in a way better quality than how the console performs now within the next few years. I really do want to play Odyssy, Botw, XC2, Octopath Traveler on my PC is a smooth framerate and resolution soon.

And really? Framerates, sure of course, but I don't count with resolution...

This is not the case with the Switch. First party Nintendo games are getting to a point where they are technologically too ambitious on the Switch and compromises have to be made for them to run on Switch. That's not good, though a Switch revision could at least offer an option for those who would care to invest in that
I never really understand why you don't bring up any actual games to back up your point. I never said your points are weak but when you made statements without example, this often leaves me with "doubtful" in my mind...

Same with Switch revision, I doubt a revision will make all Switch game clearer, and even if it does I doubt most people will go and get the new Switch. What they should be focusing in my opinion is better storage space, better battery, and better plastic build that is more hard to get glossy with.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I never say it was an excuse... and that's what I was trying to say lol. Everyone has different senses on a lot of aspects, and again... you don't even specifically mention which games, all game's resolution drops can be vary, some are easy to notice, while some don't.

Two examples are Odyssey and XC2, both came out around the same period of time, but Odyssey look good in handheld, XC2 is just blurry especially in places like Gormott.

And look Chiko, I heavily admire your goal which to become a game developer or some sort. That said... when it comes to gaming development you gotta look at it in a bigger scope rather than in a vision where only framerate and resolution matters, which I aware they are but when it comes to video games, gameplay and fun is what matters. Not everyone is gonna be a game developer, let me just leave that out there, obviously.

I never said it was never there, I have always aware those resolution drops, I just don't think that it's something we should be cater to foremost, and you got to agree with almost any game on any platform will have some minor performance issues whether it is resolution, framerate drops, bug etc...

I know this may be hard to be agree to disagree on this but, for someone like me who doesn't work for Nintendo I will never say I am suggesting Nintendo. Moreover, as I have said before you have look things in a bigger scope, and especially look at the facts.

So same here, I want more third party support on Switch as well, but I also aware that Switch is not gonna get all of them. If by looking at the nest selling games and with sales, I can even say that Nintendo doesn't need that intentionally pull those third parties (Especially the Japanese studios).

Like I said... I admit there are issues, but it isn't like how you said they are many games... or how it is only 240p or 480p because you don't even mention specific games. How is this even a debate when we don't even have a factual sample?

For example, I just watched Super Mario Odyssey video from Digital Foundry, you are right that Mario Odyssey has resolution drops in handheld mode, but it isn't like 240p or 480p, it just looks bricked and unpolished. But here is the catch, all of those are just either when you have huge movements or in big wide areas like New Donk City, so you can really blame me or most others that it isn't a big deal.

Same with Crash N Sane Trilogy, yes Switch doesn't look as great as PS4, but is it really that of an issue when Crash's hair, grass, and waters don't look good or realistic compare to other platforms?

You taken my quotes out of context (Again...)
Get a PC, if those perfirmance issues really bothers you on Switch, third party games run best on PC and we can probably play Switch games in high quality once the emulations finishes within the next few years.

because I also mention that hopefully the Yuzu emulation can have some Switch games being run in a way better quality than how the console performs now within the next few years. I really do want to play Odyssy, Botw, XC2, Octopath Traveler on my PC is a smooth framerate and resolution soon.

And really? Framerates, sure of course, but I don't count with resolution...

I never really understand why you don't bring up any actual games to back up your point. I never said your points are weak but you when statements like this, often leaves me with "doubtful" in my mind...

Same with Switch revision, I doubt a revision will make all Switch game clearer, and even if it does I doubt most people will go and get the new Switch. What they should be focusing in my opinion is better storage space, better battery, and better plastic build that is more hard to get glossy with.
Man you should really start trimming your posts down.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Not sure how does your advice helps lol. Also to some extent this is just nitpicking... to me at least.

I was going to add I apologize for long posts... but then I realized that I don't think it matter... if it's tl;dr then so be it...

If ChikoLad ChikoLad agrees, I prefer this kind of topic being discussed on Discord if it takes too long or needs more further explanation.

Edit:
If you really want tl;dr version so bad:
Please mention certain games whenever talk about resolutions and framerates next time.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
TBH, I've got the attention span of a gnat so unless I'm quoted, I've gone past every single post that has 4 paragraphs or more.
Especially those guys that just post their manifesto without any context or lead-in and then proceed to leave before doing it again later.
Shorten.png

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
TBH, I've got the attention span of a gnat so unless I'm quoted, I've gone past every single post that has 4 paragraphs or more.
Especially those guys that just post their manifesto without any context or lead-in and then proceed to leave before doing it again later.
I made like 2 or 3 manifesto-type posts on this site so far. Get in and get out, this isn't a college forum... :yoshi:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
View attachment 168897
Well... I already did that Saitama lol.
And this is a forum website for fricken sake. If anyone is bothered by long posts then please go to Twitter-

Oh wait a minute...

I made like 2 or 3 manifesto-type posts on this site so far. Get in and get out, this isn't a college forum... :yoshi:
This is forum site bro... there's no difference with that.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I don't mind the occasional rant. It's very entertaining when someone gets really passionate about a particular subject or whatever.

But sooooooo many of the times I bother to read those long-ass posts, it's just filler words wrapped around empty statements and bundled with nothing opinions so when I reach the end all I feel is

Which makes replying to those comments way more of a pain than it's worth.

It's just... jeez, don't expect me to read your dissertation on a fan-forum for a Nintendo video-game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Making them more than just repeating the same overly defensive points no matter what anyone says and trailing off on unrelated tangents would also help and make them not take five years to respond to.

No offense mario123007 mario123007 , but that's why I always abruptly stop discussing things with you. You're so dead set on defending almost any and all criticism of the Switch, and make such long and repetitive posts towards that end, that it just feels futile to even bother responding. It feels like I'm talking to a bot with pre-composed responses sometimes.

To be quite frank with you, I just don't have the time or energy to respond to posts of that length most of the time, and won't do so unless it's something I feel is important to discuss or I am otherwise super passionate about. This is especially true now as I just got myself involved with a project of sorts last night that I will be working with for at least the next few weeks, on top of YouTube stuff and everything else in my life. This is also why I get somewhat bothered when you go ahead and tag me over something like "oh hey Crash came to Switch when you said it wouldn't". It makes me feel like I'm supposed to carry some long term baggage out of what should be casual, one-off discussions.

Your posts tend to edge into college thesis length territory on subjects that don't really warrant it, or at least, in boards that aren't really dedicated to that topic, and considering how a lot of users here are in college or at least are not long since they were last in college, that can be draining and off-putting when people come here to escape from IRL stress. People may also feel intimidated at trying to change the subject as it might come off as disrespectful to the post you just put out and clearly put time and effort into.

It's not even that you never bring up good points. It's just that those good points are often wrapped up in umpteen layers of overzealous defending, damage controlling, and repetition, that it really takes away from and obscures the good points. A longer post isn't necessarily a better post, being succinct and concise is a good quality to have in writing.

Please don't take this as a personal hit piece because all I'm doing is offering some advice. And I'm posting publicly since there is a chance other people might find the advice useful too.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I don't like this picture, Charlie
His smug aura mocks me
Imma just keep this in my pocket, please and thank ye.

See, I'm kinda torn on this one.

On the one hand, I agree with the substance of mario's point on long posts -

And this is a forum website for fricken sake. If anyone is bothered by long posts then please go to Twitter-
- delivery's a little sharp for my tastes but the point's valid. Forums, like SB, would be the medium for long-form replies. I've argued the point in the past; my stance ain't news.

On the other hand...I keep scanning or scrolling past walls of text. And the only ones I do myself anymore are usually roughly three-to-four paragraph affairs, usually peppered with references to dragons or whatever new summon banner has me salivating.

I think it is kind of an attention span thing, but I've found it incredibly frustrating, at least on my part, that I can neither take in nor partake in the kinds of long discussions I once did.

Guess what I'm saying though is I ain't gonna fault him if he wants to.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Making them more than just repeating the same overly defensive points no matter what anyone says and trailing off on unrelated tangents would also help and make them not take five years to respond to.

No offense mario123007 mario123007 , but that's why I always abruptly stop discussing things with you. You're so dead set on defending almost any and all criticism of the Switch, and make such long and repetitive posts towards that end, that it just feels futile to even bother responding. It feels like I'm talking to a bot with pre-composed responses sometimes.

To be quite frank with you, I just don't have the time or energy to respond to posts of that length most of the time, and won't do so unless it's something I feel is important to discuss or I am otherwise super passionate about. This is especially true now as I just got myself involved with a project of sorts last night that I will be working with for at least the next few weeks, on top of YouTube stuff and everything else in my life. This is also why I get somewhat bothered when you go ahead and tag me over something like "oh hey Crash came to Switch when you said it wouldn't". It makes me feel like I'm supposed to carry some long term baggage out of what should be casual, one-off discussions.

Your posts tend to edge into college thesis length territory on subjects that don't really warrant it, or at least, in boards that aren't really dedicated to that topic, and considering how a lot of users here are in college or at least are not long since they were last in college, that can be draining and off-putting when people come here to escape from IRL stress. People may also feel intimidated at trying to change the subject as it might come off as disrespectful to the post you just put out and clearly put time and effort into.

It's not even that you never bring up good points. It's just that those good points are often wrapped up in umpteen layers of overzealous defending, damage controlling, and repetition, that it really takes away from and obscures the good points. A longer post isn't necessarily a better post, being succinct and concise is a good quality to have in writing.

Please don't take this as a personal hit piece because all I'm doing is offering some advice. And I'm posting publicly since there is a chance other people might find the advice useful too.

TL;DR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom