• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Reading long post make my eyes melt.

Writting long post make my brain melt.

I let you do the math when it come to making a story.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Another long essay, I... actually don't really give a damn if it's "too long" to some users (Sorry... but not sorry)
Making them more than just repeating the same overly defensive points no matter what anyone says and trailing off on unrelated tangents would also help and make them not take five years to respond to.

No offense mario123007 mario123007 , but that's why I always abruptly stop discussing things with you. You're so dead set on defending almost any and all criticism of the Switch, and make such long and repetitive posts towards that end, that it just feels futile to even bother responding. It feels like I'm talking to a bot with pre-composed responses sometimes.
I admit I often repeat my points a lot, but that ain't something you be should be sticking to on when it comes to my opinions.

Now here my advice and some two cents:

Also need to mention this for a moment... What's funny is that you make long essay posts as well now too lol. I mean seriously, just why all of sudden some users here are bothered with long posts on a forum website?

About defensive on Switch geez, when it comes to this criticism this is not the first time you pointed this out... and it's not even close to being right. Because I have given my bashes on Nintendo before, not saying I did it often but even XC2 as well even though I admit I am a Xenoblade fanboy.

I have to be frank here again the reason why I go defense when it comes to Nintendo Switch is because you only made your statements yet no actual examples or facts. If you could do those, our discussion might have a different out come.

To be quite frank with you, I just don't have the time or energy to respond to posts of that length most of the time, and won't do so unless it's something I feel is important to discuss or I am otherwise super passionate about. This is especially true now as I just got myself involved with a project of sorts last night that I will be working with for at least the next few weeks, on top of YouTube stuff and everything else in my life. This is also why I get somewhat bothered when you go ahead and tag me over something like "oh hey Crash came to Switch when you said it wouldn't". It makes me feel like I'm supposed to carry some long term baggage out of what should be casual, one-off discussions.
Well then I am here first to say I am very sorry if my rebuttal posts on your statements heavily affects you. That being, there is to some extent that this is your own problem... because I personally have my own life to deal with as well. Schools, internship, projects, games etc... we are all on the same boat man lol.

And really? Mentioning about that again? I'm really sorry if you thought it was a harassment but, I don't really regret quoting you on that since that's what can happen if you speculate something and then it turned out on the contrary (Sort of). I mean I get quoted too on my XC2 Metacritic score rant score by a user I'm not gonna say who, but I wasn't that bothered.

Your posts tend to edge into college thesis length territory on subjects that don't really warrant it, or at least, in boards that aren't really dedicated to that topic, and considering how a lot of users here are in college or at least are not long since they were last in college, that can be draining and off-putting when people come here to escape from IRL stress. People may also feel intimidated at trying to change the subject as it might come off as disrespectful to the post you just put out and clearly put time and effort into.

It's not even that you never bring up good points. It's just that those good points are often wrapped up in umpteen layers of overzealous defending, damage controlling, and repetition, that it really takes away from and obscures the good points. A longer post isn't necessarily a better post, being succinct and concise is a good quality to have in writing.
Gonna merge this together because this part in very interesting...

This... is why I think we should eventually discuss in PM when things gets too complicated or too heated, or heck, even a Discord chat would be good but that's just me. About people get intimidated is mostly their own problem in my own humble opinion, because on Smashboards or any forum site, you either have the option to stay silent, or give rebuttals that can turn over my opinions.

By looking how you mention me edge into college thesis territory (Which to be frank you were more a bit leaning to that as well), yet at the end you advise me to concise a better writing... Is this an English essay advise thread all of sudden? (JK at the end)

Please don't take this as a personal hit piece because all I'm doing is offering some advice. And I'm posting publicly since there is a chance other people might find the advice useful too.
You tagged me so generally speaking it is, but that's okay Chikolad. I was the one who started this time, so hw about let's both just step back and admit that we both have some things to fix it out?

My advice to you when it comes to discussion is please give examples whenever you try to say something factual next time.
But sooooooo many of the times I bother to read those long-*** posts, it's just filler words wrapped around empty statements and bundled with nothing opinions so when I reach the end all I feel is

Which makes replying to those comments way more of a pain than it's worth.
You know replying posts is optional right? So why the complaint?

Go to Twitter then lol.
Just joking, just joking, half joking to be honest here though.
- delivery's a little sharp for my tastes but the point's valid. Forums, like SB, would be the medium for long-form replies. I've argued the point in the past; my stance ain't news.

On the other hand...I keep scanning or scrolling past walls of text. And the only ones I do myself anymore are usually roughly three-to-four paragraph affairs, usually peppered with references to dragons or whatever new summon banner has me salivating.

I think it is kind of an attention span thing, but I've found it incredibly frustrating, at least on my part, that I can neither take in nor partake in the kinds of long discussions I once did.

Guess what I'm saying though is I ain't gonna fault him if he wants to.
Yeah I know, sorry about that... but then again people are bothered by long posts... they should know they don't need to read all of them right?
Your second paragraph actually makes sense...but...That's why we have SPOILER tags...

Reading long post make my eyes melt.
Looking at any screen makes our eyes melt tbh

Anyone who really complaints long posts, chances are you are probably on the wrong website... (Nah, again just half kidding, anyone is welcome to be here)

And check this out:
For one sec I thought this was a fanart...

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hey Pokechu Pokechu do you have a discord?

Also that goes for anyone else.
I do, let me guess...

You wanna play Splatoon 2?

Good morning!

I hope everyone is doing well?
My irritated scale went to 4/10 for a while... because some users here are bother on long posts, which is something that always been a thing in forums...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I wonder what dogs thing when they see their owners picking up their poop in a bag and throwing it away.

I know my rabbit would get slightly annoyed that I cleaned her pellets becasue rabbits eat their poops

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wonder what dogs thing when they see their owners picking up their poop in a bag and throwing it away.

I know my rabbit would get slightly annoyed that I cleaned her pellets becasue rabbits eat their poops
I wonder what dogs think about having a plastic bag attached to their asshole.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Hmm, I had a really stupid thought awhile go....

The word "extraordinary" makes no sense. Shouldn't it mean even more ordinary than usual, being "extra-ordinary"? Is it so unfathomably ordinary, that it no longer isn't?

It probably has a really simple explanation, but I have 1 IQ, so I don't know. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Hmm, I had a strange thought awhile go....

The word "extraordinary" makes no sense. Shouldn't it mean even more ordinary than usual, being "extra-ordinary"? Is it so unfathomably ordinary, that it no longer isn't?

It probably has a really simple explanation, but I have 1 IQ, so I don't know. :ohwell:
Capture+_2018-10-09-08-05-47.png
thats where the Extra Ordinary part comes from

i would of just types it but im lazy

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My advice to you when it comes to discussion is please give examples whenever you try to say something factual next time
I literally did, you keep asking for more though.

This is your problem, you're so hyper defensive about the Switch and trying to deflect actual constructive criticism that you endlessly damage control. I give you two examples, you say I need to give you four. I give you four, but now you want eight. Rinse and repeat. You're not satisfied until I bend over and suck Nintendo's fat one.

My point about Nintendo's first party franchises having games that don't perform optimally on Switch, even in handheld mode, is in relation to first party games. Since those games are the centre of attention, it's important those games run to perfection where possible and are well optimised (much like how they did on previous Nintendo hardware). However, many are not.

The two examples I gave you, Super Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, are two of their biggest titles on Switch. I do not need to give you more examples because those two examples are effective enough on their own due to their status. And Nintendo's games are only going to get more intensive as time goes on.

And that's why I would like the hardware revision to include a boost in horsepower, so we can have better frame rates in at least first party Nintendo games, as well as a consistent, 720p resolution in handheld mode, at the least. No different to how other handhelds offer consistent resolutions.

If you can't understand this, and still ask me to pointlessly give more examples that don't actually change my point, you're just being dense and proving my last post right.

As for the rest of your post, I'm not even going to bother. If you refuse to learn, that's on you.

Luig

Confused
Hey Pokechu Pokechu do you have a discord?

Also that goes for anyone else.
I sent you a request. Luig#7415

By the way, docked, the Tegra X2 would be more strong or at least as strong as the base PS4.
funny thing, the GPU in the Wii u is about the power of the switch, far better than the ps3 or 360.
However, its CPU is actual trash for the time, PowerPC based on the 90s powermac G3 for the gamecube and wii compatibility. That bottleneck hurts a lot.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I literally did, you keep asking for more though.

This is your problem, you're so hyper defensive about the Switch and trying to deflect actual constructive criticism that you endlessly damage control. I give you two examples, you say I need to give you four. I give you four, but now you want eight. Rinse and repeat. You're not satisfied until I bend over and suck Nintendo's fat one.
Now you are really just exaggerating every aspects of my "problem". Not saying that I have nothing to improve, now you are just taking things out of level from what I am seeing here.

There is just no "damage control" here can't believe you are still using this term whenever I mention some issues aren't a big deal. As for you last statement you are just reaching to the stars... all I want is actual facts.

My point about Nintendo's first party franchises having games that don't perform optimally on Switch, even in handheld mode, is in relation to first party games. Since those games are the centre of attention, it's important those games run to perfection where possible and are well optimised (much like how they did on previous Nintendo hardware). However, many are not.
I already mention this, there are no games on home consoles that runs to perfection, that being it most runs just fine but just depends on each games since their performance can be vary. I personally think most Switch games run just fine too, it may not be to you though. So this is really a agree to disagree situation. (And like I said either go for PC, or just wait for Yuzu emulation, or... take the good with the bad)

The two examples I gave you, Super Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, are two of their biggest titles on Switch. I do not need to give you more examples because those two examples are effective enough on their own due to their status. And Nintendo's games are only going to get more intensive as time goes on.

And that's why I would like the hardware revision to include a boost in horsepower, so we can have better frame rates in at least first party Nintendo games, as well as a consistent, 720p resolution in handheld mode, at the least. No different to how other handhelds offer consistent resolutions.
I'm pretty sure I was the one to mention about Odyssey and Xenoblade... but heck, I think Odyssey is the example of "great adaptive resolution performance" where as XC2 is an example of "Unacceptable adaptive resolution".

Yep, fingers crossed that can happen, not deny they have resolution drops but don't most Nintendo games on Switch already have smooth framerates?

If you can't understand this, and still ask me to pointlessly give more examples that don't actually change my point, you're just being dense and proving my last post right.

As for the rest of your post, I'm not even going to bother. If you refuse to learn, that's on you.
I do understand... this is just your own opinion when it comes to Switch resolution and hoping Switch revision can make most games having resolution improvement.

Yet, I NEVER said that me advise you give examples was to change your point, I think I will believe your statements even more if that's the case. And there's really no right or wrong here when it comes to resolution problem, since I never deny that, it just isn't something that I think most of gamers or even Nintendo themselves are heavily focusing on. Just know the line between opinions and facts. If resolution drops bothers and Switch revision should improve that, that's your opinion. But it isn't a fact that you said a lot of games runs only in 240p and 480p like you said initially (I hope I didn't take your quotes out of contexts though).

Learn? There is no learning involved here, it seems that you don't take my advice either... so no offense but why do I bother? And this really proves that forum discussion like this never ends well...

I think an online voice chat education can do the trick, what do you think?
On Discord, being chill, having a well discussion. I'll just leave this on the table.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I sent you a request. Luig#7415

By the way, docked, the Tegra X2 would be more strong or at least as strong as the base PS4.
funny thing, the GPU in the Wii u is about the power of the switch, far better than the ps3 or 360.
However, its CPU is actual trash for the time, PowerPC based on the 90s powermac G3 for the gamecube and wii compatibility. That bottleneck hurts a lot.
Wow, good run down.I bet you have checked Spwanwave's video about the Tegra line right? I think this chip line is really amazing when it comes to mobile chips.
Moydow#9250, hit me up people

I also have a Fire Emblem bot that I made myself if that's your kind of thing, the link is in my sig
I added ya, for not much reason...
I mean, Discord is pretty useful if you want to voice chat when playing games like Splatoon 2 lol.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
When dogs go for a walk in animal crossing, do they put a collar on themselves and hold their own leash or do they walk like humans?
View attachment 168916
They just walk like how Villagers do... I mean isn't Isabelle technically a dog?

Also, AC 2019 has confirmed to have Chinese localization and let's me tell ya... Isabelle's Chinese name sucks.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If anyone wants my Discord, it's ChikoLad #1903.

I'm about to go out for a bit so I probably won't be on until later, so don't worry about it if I don't accept your request immediately.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
She also wears a dog collar to hold her hair up, so the question is still valid. :V
That's a dog collar? Then that's my answer... dogs in Animal Crossing, just walks with two feet lol.
If anyone wants my Discord, it's ChikoLad #1903.

I'm about to go out for a bit so I probably won't be on until later, so don't worry about it if I don't accept your request immediately.
Ok, added ya.
And since you are busy, I guess my request for voice chat discussion might take for a while... if you want to that is.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I want to think it could be DLC.

But yeah pretty weird it isn't. It shouldn't really interfere with stage morph and it's the only Rainbow Road stage we have while there's still two Mario Circuits running around.
As long as I get my Rainbow Road I’ll accept it as dlc

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Brazen seals are a thing now?! HOLY ****!

I mean, the bell kinda gives it away.

My dogs have collars just like that, actually.
I know, but it's really hard to notice at the first glance.

We should just make our own server. :p

And obviously put me in charge so it can be run properly
That's actually not a bad idea lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom