• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Good news for you. If you buy the digital version of the game, than you're able to play without the modular toys.

Digital version is honestly a better deal than physical. $60, with the game, four ships, six pilots, and twelve weapons. Not counting the Star Fox content if you're looking at the Switch version.
Welp, that has made me very happy to hear! I mainly want to play the Star Fox content but the game looks pretty great. Thanks for the info.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
really? ^-^' part of ya wouldn't of been surprised that shiny blocked ya?
I would be surprised if he blocked me considering that he responded to my message about my "Deaf mom"'s sister dying

I'm already feeling that several people here blocked me, but that's a story for another day

Ugh SO ready for my vacation right now. Wish Thursday would get here fast enough

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I can be a colossal ***** at times.
.....really? :V
I would be surprised if he blocked me considering that he responded to my message about my "Deaf mom"'s sister dying

I'm already feeling that several people here blocked me, but that's a story for another day

Ugh SO ready for my vacation right now. Wish Thursday would get here fast enough
oh....well um....****

and i don't :V for whats that worth

Wait, you guys actually thought I blocked praline? It was a joke about the reply post I made.

You never made me mad.
i didn't, not even for a second lol

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Man, I really wish that Starlink didn't go down the toys to life route. I would have loved to play this game without having to buy the toys or the $60 weapon pack.
Yeah, going digital is miles cheaper than the toy route (I think AlphaSSB said it's more or less $210 for every toy).

The digital deluxe edition contains is the game, 9 pilots, 5 ships, & 15 weapons for $80 (Switch version also gets Fox, Arwing, & bonus missions at no extra cost). Though it looks like the deluxe is missing 1 pilot, 2 ships, and 1 weapon for whatever reason (where to get them hasn't been revealed yet).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well I'm not about to be a jerk to someone literally half my age.
You should not be a jerk to anyone in general, but that is good too.

Well, some users disagree with you. :V

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>mfw after like 15 ****ing years, they're airing Ranma 1/2 in México again.
GFhmPR3_d.jpg

D

Deleted member

It's called Hilda, it's a new Netflix original based on some comics that just recently came out.
I'm only two episodes in but I'm loving everything about it so far, the characters, the animation and the world that it builds. I love the way it handles all these fantasy creatures as a normal thing for its world, and they just feel so unique and fresh even if most are based on well-known myths.
I don't expect anything too deep or serious but it's just a great show that gives off a good vibe.
NETFLIX ORIGINAL?
Looks like I can watch it in Netflix.
:thinkingemoji:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Speaking of Netflix, I am SO glad I got a Netflix account. So many good shows on this site, and I love binge-watching tv shows after a day of working at the school.

D

Deleted member

Still waiting for that team, Shiny-kun.
Here you go.
Screenshot_20181001-210531_Fire Emblem Heroes.jpg

He is so good even if his low res is problematic. He is very important in my team, and he helped me take care of a ton of pesky reds. Without him, I would be in more trouble. Only thing is he falls to Lewyn, Nino and Reinhardt easily.

Nature: +Atk/-Res

Screenshot_20181001-210547_Fire Emblem Heroes.jpg

I know I did not give him Distant Counter, but I had no Hectors and my only Distant Counter fodder would be Myrrh. I am not happy about sacrificing a strong Myrrh over Distant Counter for Brave Ephraim. Works pretty solid when he is next to his buddies. He can hit opponents really hard and even some red armors like Zelgius.

Nature: +Res/-Atk.

Screenshot_20181001-210551_Fire Emblem Heroes.jpg

I am looking to replace him with either Legendary Hector or Legendary Tiki ( Probably same with Grima as Legendary Hector can hit harder with his specials but we can wait on that. ) Hardin is not that useful anymore as he is solely replaced by Brave Hector. Only niche he has is being a good res tank. I will definitely keep him for my other teams if I get more good units.

Nature: +Atk/-Spd

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm really leaning towards picking up PowerA's GameCube Switch controller. It looks really great.

But I think I should check reviews first before I blindly grab one.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Let me guess, your answer is Goku?

Honestly, I do not have an answer. It always perplexed me.
It's pretty shaky depending wherever you want to go. I'd honestly go with anything pre-Super if you want baldy to have a legitimate shot.

Saitama's strongest statement is from ONE himself saying he can just bop the planet out if he wanted to, but we've never him do anything beyond that, and we can't just assume baseless things we don't have evidence for, so as of now he's just sitting at a planetary level. People generally believe Goku's planetary strength either starts by when he first pops that SSJ against Frieza or, at the very latest, against Kid Buu in the end of the penultimate saga of Z. The whole thing differs because of varying factors.

1. In my own little mind space, even if first form Frieza could blow up a planet, it doesn't exactly translate to his durability since its not his raw strength that's exerted. Final form 100% Frieza is implied that he would have probably survived the explosion of Namek if he didn't yknow die, and since him and the Goku slapped each other silly that's how some people got the powerscaling from.
2. At this point in the Cell Saga a lot of people just like saying they're gonna blow up the Earth, Cell tried doing it twice. Gohan's the one that popped Cell, and was obviously stronger than Goku at the time, so it made sense why people were still skeptical.
3. Buu literally just bops the planet in the next saga, if you can't take that you got some issues my dude.

Next thing to worry about is speed and reaction timing. Saitama had this whole fight with [jesus christ that's a long name] who kept bragging about this Relativistic speed and Saitama lolnopes him as per usual, but Goku's speed is even iffier to determine because of a magical thing called animeonlies and much of the original anime being filler or completely different moments with long time periods to make speed-related things a lot more impressive than they actually are. I like to refer to the manga for a lot of these things, and when it comes down to speed it ends up being at a whole whopping "i dont ****ing know". Does it mean he's faster? I don't know. Does it mean he's slower? I don't know. It's just unknown, and (at least for me) I can't determine that based off of the original source material. At the very least he's faster than the human eye, which is way slower than Relativistic speeds. I have no idea where to get speed in Super either, and people toss around MFTL like it's no tomorrow and that's from a calc some guy did about Whis. Is it correct? I don't know, it uses the observable universe as a base and people like to whine that the actual universe of Dragon Ball is tiny, so since nobody can find a middleman I'm still keepint it at unknown.

Final thing is to consider is hax or super-crazy abilities. Saitama only has Mr. Incredible: the Shonen-esque abilities. Goku has a lot of shenanigans, a lot of things people forget is the Saiyan gimmick of "you almost die so now you're guaranteed to be even stronger". Depending on the Goku's chosen durability, and he doesn't die, he will get exponentially stronger in pretty much all stats (IIRC power levels, as bull**** as they may be, refer to strength and speed when someone says they're increased) if not just raw strength and durability.

Goku also has a bigger knowledge of martial arts and pressure points, which can actually disable a person if struck in the right way (Saitama is still human, just a really strong one. Basically Krillin but the main protagonist.), while Saitama is just a punch punch and keep punching with raw strength. Lack of knowledge and a right move can pretty much lock him down before he can strike. Goku also has a bigger variety of techniques (of which he has some that Saitama already does himself) through flight and ki. This also gives him a range advantage if you equalize their speed.

tl;dr Saitama could pull it off before Super happens depending on what you believe, I'm just giving my stance for all beliefs.

Nothing held back.
I hope Saitama likes life insurance lol he ****ing dead

D

Deleted member

Uni, I am waiting for my response. :)
It's pretty shaky depending wherever you want to go. I'd honestly go with anything pre-Super if you want baldy to have a legitimate shot.

Saitama's strongest statement is from ONE himself saying he can just bop the planet out if he wanted to, but we've never him do anything beyond that, and we can't just assume baseless things we don't have evidence for, so as of now he's just sitting at a planetary level. People generally believe Goku's planetary strength either starts by when he first pops that SSJ against Frieza or, at the very latest, against Kid Buu in the end of the penultimate saga of Z. The whole thing differs because of varying factors.

1. In my own little mind space, even if first form Frieza could blow up a planet, it doesn't exactly translate to his durability since its not his raw strength that's exerted. Final form 100% Frieza is implied that he would have probably survived the explosion of Namek if he didn't yknow die, and since him and the Goku slapped each other silly that's how some people got the powerscaling from.
2. At this point in the Cell Saga a lot of people just like saying they're gonna blow up the Earth, Cell tried doing it twice. Gohan's the one that popped Cell, and was obviously stronger than Goku at the time, so it made sense why people were still skeptical.
3. Buu literally just bops the planet in the next saga, if you can't take that you got some issues my dude.

Next thing to worry about is speed and reaction timing. Saitama had this whole fight with [jesus christ that's a long name] who kept bragging about this Relativistic speed and Saitama lolnopes him as per usual, but Goku's speed is even iffier to determine because of a magical thing called animeonlies and much of the original anime being filler or completely different moments with long time periods to make speed-related things a lot more impressive than they actually are. I like to refer to the manga for a lot of these things, and when it comes down to speed it ends up being at a whole whopping "i dont ****ing know". Does it mean he's faster? I don't know. Does it mean he's slower? I don't know. It's just unknown, and (at least for me) I can't determine that based off of the original source material. At the very least he's faster than the human eye, which is way slower than Relativistic speeds. I have no idea where to get speed in Super either, and people toss around MFTL like it's no tomorrow and that's from a calc some guy did about Whis. Is it correct? I don't know, it uses the observable universe as a base and people like to whine that the actual universe of Dragon Ball is tiny, so since nobody can find a middleman I'm still keepint it at unknown.

Final thing is to consider is hax or super-crazy abilities. Saitama only has Mr. Incredible: the Shonen-esque abilities. Goku has a lot of shenanigans, a lot of things people forget is the Saiyan gimmick of "you almost die so now you're guaranteed to be even stronger". Depending on the Goku's chosen durability, and he doesn't die, he will get exponentially stronger in pretty much all stats (IIRC power levels, as bull**** as they may be, refer to strength and speed when someone says they're increased) if not just raw strength and durability.

Goku also has a bigger knowledge of martial arts and pressure points, which can actually disable a person if struck in the right way (Saitama is still human, just a really strong one. Basically Krillin but the main protagonist.), while Saitama is just a punch punch and keep punching with raw strength. Lack of knowledge and a right move can pretty much lock him down before he can strike. Goku also has a bigger variety of techniques (of which he has some that Saitama already does himself) through flight and ki. This also gives him a range advantage if you equalize their speed.

tl;dr Saitama could pull it off before Super happens depending on what you believe, I'm just giving my stance for all beliefs.

I hope Saitama likes life insurance lol he ****ing dead
I am going to go with the nothing held back. Goku wins.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I am going to go with the nothing held back. Goku wins.
It's more than just "lol goku". Even if you believed his strength did not change within the span of Z to Super, his abilities and forms alone make up for that. If you use the manga only, and it's not even done yet, he pops a Hakai and boom he's dead. If you use the anime only, Ultra Instinct's gimmick of reactive dodging makes him less susceptible to any punch and with enough time to react with something else entirely.

It's a losing battle. A Deux Ex Machina. A Gold Experience Requiem. There's nothing he has to trump these just unfair abilities.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
In a way, we're all hungry for Smash news:
I know, but I was "full" for a long while, even before Isabelle was shown off. It very recently came back.
I'm just waiting and hoping for either Isaac or Shantae to get announced at this point.
Shantae would be very great for me too.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Spider-Man is still a spectacular video game, Daredevil season 3 starts real soon, and Venom...better be good...Marvel looks to be fine

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Spider-Man is still a spectacular video game, Daredevil season 3 starts real soon, and Venom...better be good...Marvel looks to be fine
Last time Sony tried a Marvel solo they ended up with ASM2. I'm very pessimistic about Venom, the CGI reminds me of 2003 Hulk.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Here you go.
View attachment 167698
He is so good even if his low res is problematic. He is very important in my team, and he helped me take care of a ton of pesky reds. Without him, I would be in more trouble. Only thing is he falls to Lewyn, Nino and Reinhardt easily.

Nature: +Atk/-Res

View attachment 167699

I know I did not give him Distant Counter, but I had no Hectors and my only Distant Counter fodder would be Myrrh. I am not happy about sacrificing a strong Myrrh over Distant Counter for Brave Ephraim. Works pretty solid when he is next to his buddies. He can hit opponents really hard and even some red armors like Zelgius.

Nature: +Res/-Atk.

View attachment 167700

I am looking to replace him with either Legendary Hector or Legendary Tiki ( Probably same with Grima as Legendary Hector can hit harder with his specials but we can wait on that. ) Hardin is not that useful anymore as he is solely replaced by Brave Hector. Only niche he has is being a good res tank. I will definitely keep him for my other teams if I get more good units.

Nature: +Atk/-Spd
Your Grima's attack is scary. Focusing hard on defense is a good way to go because you really need all you can get in case you're unlucky enough to be attacked by a Falchion, so it works. Not the way I made my Grima, but not a bad one either. It's pretty good.

Brave Hector is perfect. Not too keen on him getting Hone Armor though, especially when Hardin already has it. But C skills are usually the most flexible and purely depend on what your team needs, so aside from wondering why you have two Hones, I really have nothing to say here.

I'm actually surprised you're not using Armor March for Brave Ephraim. Not just because it'd help the team with mobility, but also because it'd give one more method of getting Gram's automatic follow-up. In a sense, March makes him better and makes your team scarier. Death Blow 4 is an amazing way to cover up the lower attack on player phase though. Also, why two Fortify Armors? Grima already has one and they don't stack...

Hardin is a decent mage tank for the time being. Quick Riposte is also a really nice touch. Makes him a scary mixed phase unit. If you want my opinion, give him Aether as his special if you don't get Hector or Tiki. Actually, do it anyway. A self-sustaining mixed tank is one of the scariest things you can make in this game, and it'll help you get more out of the QR seal. Yes, your Grima also has Aether, but your Grima isn't a mixed phase unit like this Hardin is.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I give Goku the ability to survive two Saitama ounches at most.
"After you fight me, they're gonna call you Two Punch Man!"
- DBZA Goku, last words, "Dragon Ball Z: Goku Gets Punched Twice - The Movie"

D

Deleted member

Your Grima's attack is scary. Focusing hard on defense is a good way to go because you really need all you can get in case you're unlucky enough to be attacked by a Falchion, so it works. Not the way I made my Grima, but not a bad one either. It's pretty good.

Brave Hector is perfect. Not too keen on him getting Hone Armor though, especially when Hardin already has it. But C skills are usually the most flexible and purely depend on what your team needs, so aside from wondering why you have two Hones, I really have nothing to say here.

I'm actually surprised you're not using Armor March for Brave Ephraim. Not just because it'd help the team with mobility, but also because it'd give one more method of getting Gram's automatic follow-up. In a sense, March makes him better and makes your team scarier. Death Blow 4 is an amazing way to cover up the lower attack on player phase though. Also, why two Fortify Armors?

Hardin is a decent mage tank for the time being. Quick Riposte is also a really nice touch. Makes him a scary mixed phase unit. If you want my opinion, give him Aether as his special if you don't get Hector or Tiki. Actually, do it anyway. A self-sustaining mixed tank is one of the scariest things you can make in this game, and it'll help you get more out of the QR seal. Yes, your Grima also has Aether, but your Grima isn't a mixed phase unit like this Hardin is.
1. Ahh you are right. Thanks for calling my Brave Hector perfect.

2. Ahh you are right, Armor March does help out. I just get greedy with stats and stuff, even though AM gives out stats. Those two Hone Armors and Fortify Armors give everyone stats. I will talk more later.

3. The thing with Hardin is, Bonfire helps him out pretty well actually. I will consider this Aether option.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
1. Ahh you are right. Thanks for calling my Brave Hector perfect.
I mean, most of his kit was already amazing, so it's really hard to screw him up.

2. Ahh you are right, Armor March does help out. I just get greedy with stats and stuff, even though AM gives out stats. Those two Hone Armors and Fortify Armors give everyone stats. I will talk more later.
Armor March doesn't give any stats. It just makes then broken versions of infantry units since they can move two spaces without being slowed down by forests.

And yeah, that's a really special kind of greed you have because I have a Blade mage in my team and I'm still not as crazy with buffs.

One Hone Armor and Tiki's With Everyone! is all I have buff-wise, and I usually have more than enough with just the former. Latter's to make Ephraim a better wall and for critical situations where I need to deal 50+ damage on greens with Lyn, which is pretty rare due to Grima and Ephraim existing.

3. The thing with Hardin is, Bonfire helps him out pretty well actually. I will consider this Aether option.
You can also keep Bonfire, if you want. Really good option too.

Aether just helps him stay alive longer, but that's something you should only consider if Hardin is a important asset to the team and you need him alive and/or he dies often.

If neither apply, just keep it as is.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Boros is on planetary level and even then the only reason he survived one hit from Saitama was due to some special plot armor.
Goku doesn't have armor. There's weighted clothes, but that really lost its meaning over the span of one saga when gravity training became a thing. You're comparing one character's advantage to another when it's inapplicable.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Goku doesn't have armor. There's weighted clothes, but that really lost its meaning over the span of one saga when gravity training became a thing. You're comparing one character's advantage to another when it's inapplicable.
Goku has armor.

It's called "the protagonist always wins, no matter what"

:V

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
That would explain how he's ****ing ninja speed once he has his clothes removed

if ya know what I mean :denzel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom