• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
MCU Thanos personality wise is much better than in the comics...but Marvel truly ****ed up if they though I’d sympathize with the man who
got Spider-Man killed through the snap...random or not I blame him...and also Hulk
Didn't say it wasn't better, because honestly...

Wiping out half the universe because there's starting to be more people than it can handle is a much better motive than "I'll kill everyone to impress the girl I love lmao"

Just saying it wasn't what the source material made him to be.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Didn't say it wasn't better, because honestly...

Wiping out half the universe because there's starting to be more people than it can handle is a much better motive than "I'll kill everyone to impress the girl I love lmao"

Just saying it wasn't what the source material made him to be.
It was better...but they still ****ed up
killing Spidey and Panther, the two heroes nobody thought would die, and gave the latter an ironic death while the former had a depressing one

Evil Marvel

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
MCU Thanos personality wise is much better than in the comics...but Marvel truly ****ed up if they though I’d
sympathize with the man who got Spider-Man killed through the snap...random or not I blame him...and also Hulk
Okay but he's still coming back.

I don't think Tony's gonna die for them to come back though, I think that's Steve's hakai on this one. Someone's gotta be the influence for Civil War II. That's when he bites the dust.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think he was designed seriously until the point where he went "Goku's a ****ing alien now lol".
I'm kinda surprised they never used the concept of a God Oozaru yet since they're supposed to be, y'know, stronger.
If we're talking about early Dragon Ball. Then Goku was DEFINITELY a gag character. It was the old "look at this small kid beat the **** out of these martial artists" trope.

Then I'd say that DBZ, yeah, though it's definitely got a comedic side too it, especially with villains like Buu.(Who well, you know, killed almost everyone on earth and such in no time.) But definitely more serious than Dragon Ball more doubt. It helps that in Dragon Ball Z and onward Goku seriously got his ass kicked sometimes.

And if there's one thing I miss about GT it's SSJ4, even though it shouldn't be called SSJ4 since you don't even need to be a SSJ3 first. I really miss the more monkey-like aspects of Saiyans.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It was better...but they still ****ed up
killing Spidey and Panther, the two heroes nobody thought would die, and gave the latter an ironic death while the former had a depressing one

Evil Marvel
Honestly, that "**** up" just made it better and more impactful.

Yo.

My power was out today, anything important I miss?
Probably some hours playing the Messenger or something like that :V

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
And vice versa, since I'd argue Goku is just as much as a gag character.
I can't say I see that. In OG DB, yeah, he's just a vector for Toriyama's weird martial arts humor, but in DBZ/DBS, he's as defined by its battles as much as it is humor. You won't see Goku laughing off Zamasu killing off his wife and child.

OPM is defined by its jokes, the amazing Murata art and animation only really serving to be a sort of foil the how menial most of the story is. I mean what, when's the last time Saitama struggled? Trying to beat King in videogames?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If Avengers 4 had one thing I'd want, it'd be practically the one thing I think that's just begging to be shown.

Worldbreaker is a combination of Banner and Hulk both being ****ing livid together. I'd say this would only happen if Banner sees Thor get struck down pretty bad, because he consoled with them in Ragnarok that each of their alter-egos are **** and he supposedly only cared about the one. With how they're fighting over each other now, I think this would be the point where they finally unify for better or for worse.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Okay but he's still coming back.

I don't think Tony's gonna die for them to come back though, I think that's Steve's hakai on this one. Someone's gotta be the influence for Civil War II. That's when he bites the dust.
well of course he will come back, Far From Home is right after A4. As for Stark, I think he and Cap will be some for (one dying and the other walking into the sunset, both look like they have nothing else to do other than pass down their roles to Bucky, Captain Marvel and Black Panther/Shuri while Spidey becomes the MCU mascot)
Honestly, that "**** up" just made it better and more impactful.
More impactful yeah, but it jacked up my predictions big time
with only the og Avengers, Ant-Man, Captain Marvel, Rocket, Nebula, and Valkyrie remaining, I had to go to the time travel theory with a hint of soul stone interference

D

Deleted member

I can't say I see that. In OG DB, yeah, he's just a vector for Toriyama's weird martial arts humor, but in DBZ/DBS, he's as defined by its battles as much as it is humor. You won't see Goku laughing off Zamasu killing off his wife and child.

OPM is defined by its jokes, the amazing Murata art and animation only really serving to be a sort of foil the how menial most of the story is. I mean what, when's the last time Saitama struggled? Trying to beat King in videogames?
I meant DB Goku, yes. Though Goku comes out on top so much at times that he might as well be one. In the same sense that people say that Superman wins against most characters because he's written that way.

Like, arguing about fictional characters power is generally silly as they rarely if ever offer any actual calculations when it comes to specifics.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
More impactful yeah, but it jacked up my predictions big time
with only the og Avengers, Ant-Man, Captain Marvel, Rocket, Nebula, and Valkyrie remaining, I had to go to the time travel theory with a hint of soul stone interference
It jacked up everyone's predictions, but I feel like it was intentional so that...

It'd make it even more obvious that they'd be brought back instead of being like "okay, we're just getting rid of what we don't need."

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It jacked up everyone's predictions, but I feel like it was intentional so that...

It'd make it even more obvious that they'd be brought back instead of being like "okay, we're just getting rid of what we don't need."
I mean,

I think they brought back more than they did ditch it. They just brought back Schmidt like it was no big deal.

MainJPW

M.T.A
But I definitely think that many Dragon Ball characters still have a lot to differentiate themselves from the others. Cell and Buu for instance. I guess that's why I find Jiren sooooooooo, boring, he doesn't have any interesting techniques or abilities, he's just a really buff strong ayylmao dude.
I actually agree with that. Though, when it comes to the actual Z-Fighters I think in terms of fighting style and techniques Piccolo, Kuririn and Tenshinhan (and Roshi) are probably the most interesting. That’s another problem I have, lack of character utilization due to unnecessary power creep.

In a Comic Vine thread asking about who could beat an equal stats Beerus, I decided to make a case for the Earthling Z-Warriors. (Kuririn and Tenshinhan, actually) Surprisingly it did garner a short debate and someone else agreed that Kuririn and Tenshinhan would be one of the best fighters in equal stats after I ran through their feats. Hell, Goku barrows a technique from his match with Kuririn to use against Jiren. Fighting like Kuririn almost rung out Jiren.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Same ol' same ol'.

What dropped the power?
Some old lady late at night (12am or so) crashed into a pole pretty nearby our house and the entire area lost power.

The old lady herself wasn't hurt or anything, she just couldn't see... Older folks really shouldn't drive so late but that's a complaint for another day.

Here's the damage done.

DoagbfCUwAAqVV8.jpg

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Some old lady late at night (12am or so) crashed into a pole pretty nearby our house and the entire area lost power.

The old lady herself wasn't hurt or anything, she just couldn't see... Older folks really shouldn't drive so late but that's a complaint for another day.

Here's the damage done.

View attachment 167718
That reminds me of all the power boxes that used to get hit in Virginia beach but in broad daylight instead

D

Deleted member

Watched Stranger Things. It just keeps on getting better and better.
I mean, most of his kit was already amazing, so it's really hard to screw him up.

Armor March doesn't give any stats. It just makes then broken versions of infantry units since they can move two spaces without being slowed down by forests.

And yeah, that's a really special kind of greed you have because I have a Blade mage in my team and I'm still not as crazy with buffs.

One Hone Armor and Tiki's With Everyone! is all I have buff-wise, and I usually have more than enough with just the former. Latter's to make Ephraim a better wall and for critical situations where I need to deal 50+ damage on greens with Lyn, which is pretty rare due to Grima and Ephraim existing.

You can also keep Bonfire, if you want. Really good option too.

Aether just helps him stay alive longer, but that's something you should only consider if Hardin is a important asset to the team and you need him alive and/or he dies often.

If neither apply, just keep it as is.
So, my dream team is going to consist of Legendary Tiki, Legendary Hector, Brave Ephraim and Brave Hector.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't care too much about who beats who, but Dragon Ball's my jam. Still waiting for the next Season of Castlevaina to drop. I think it's out in the latter half of October.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Here's the damage done.

View attachment 167718
Woof.

Well, since she wasn't hurt...did she tell it to get off her lawn?

D

Deleted member

Yo.

My power was out today, anything important I miss?
Nothing as far as I know. I just got online here to check back in what's new and then close the tab 5 minutes from now. I'd be much more enthusiastic if I felt younger, like in the good old days when I joined, I think. Not like an instant messaging service is any better.

Jesus, I feel like Cranky now.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I actually agree with that. Though, when it comes to the actual Z-Fighters I think in terms of fighting style and techniques Piccolo, Kuririn and Tenshinhan (and Roshi) are probably the most interesting. That’s another problem I have, lack of character utilization due to unnecessary power creep.

In a Comic Vine thread asking about who could beat an equal stats Beerus, I decided to make a case for the Earthling Z-Warriors. (Kuririn and Tenshinhan, actually) Surprisingly it did garner a short debate and someone else agreed that Kuririn and Tenshinhan would be one of the best fighters in equal stats after I ran through their feats. Hell, Goku barrows a technique from his match with Kuririn to use against Jiren. Fighting like Kuririn almost rung out Jiren.
Honestly, Krillin, Tenshinhan and Yamcha have the coolest fighting styles, yet are so underutilized due to being "too weak" compared to the Saiyans. Like I wouldn't mind if DBZ did more filler episodes with fights where the Saiyans aren't around and it isn't a villain curbstomp showcase.

D

Deleted member

Stoopid is correct.

When the power ran out my battery was at like 30%~, played all night until it was at 15%. Spent the rest of my day being very bored.
The stupid one is actually the wise one.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

i don’t think they could have been more obvious with the announcement of many sequels, with the exception of Drax more than likely

Chrono.

This is a ridiculously good deal.
You're getting Mega Man 11 + all the Legacy Collections (both Classic and X) at the price of your usual fully priced game.

I hope it comes for the other consoles too, I'd get this on Switch in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You're getting Mega Man 11 + all the Legacy Collections (both Classic and X) at the price of your usual fully priced game.

I hope it comes for the other consoles too, I'd get this on Switch in a heartbeat.
That's a ****ing steal, honestly.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Don't forget that in Mega Man 11, Mega Man basically got his own Stinger that works in Mid-Air. That Pile Driver weapon is gonna do some fun stuff. I wonder how crazy the Speedrun for it will be given that and the Speed/Power gears in the game now.

If I didn't already have the Classic Collections and the GCN MMX Collection, that'd be a real steal dude. ****ING 19 GAMES for the price of one new one? That's EXACTLY it chief.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I definitely agree with that. Piccolo and especially Tien(for instance, most people think that Solar Flare is Krillin techique, Tien's the one who first used it.) got shafted pretty hard. I miss it when Piccolo actually stood a chance against the big bads.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Honestly, Krillin, Tenshinhan and Yamcha have the coolest fighting styles, yet are so underutilized due to being "too weak" compared to the Saiyans. Like I wouldn't mind if DBZ did more filler episodes with fights where the Saiyans aren't around and it isn't a villain curbstomp showcase.
Always liked Yamcha’s Roga-Fu-Fu-Ken.

And his theme song.

And Yamcha was always knowledgeable on the great martial artists that competed in the Budokai and even knew about secret techniques from guys like Toninjinka (Monster Carrot), knew of Kamehameha, the Power Pole; the guy knew his ****. That aspect of him was totally abandoned after Saiyans came into the picture. Sokidon is cool but was barely utilized.

Chaozu is a character I’m interested in in theory. He’s pretty much the most reliant on TK and has precognition since he knew an island was in danger of a volcanic eruption before anyone else. Like...does Toriyama/Toei not realize how useful that ability is? So much bull**** could potentially be prevented with an ability like that. And it’s obvious Toriyama doesn’t know how to utilize this character’s power set judging by how he and Guldo were handled, just short lived and not utilized to their max potential. Chaozu is shown training with everyone for the androids in the manga and is in the “Gathering of the Warriors” artwork for the android showdown.

Yet doesn’t show up in the actual story so it seems like he was written out last minute. Wasn’t even given a chance. I feel like there’s a lot you can do with a Chinese Vampire that uses Telepathy and related abilities...and I like his headbutt screwdriver move.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Watching the season premiere of Family Guy...what a weird premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.