• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
A game got leaked.

I remember posting about a rumoured Harry Potter RPG for consoles being developed by Avalanche Games, the former devs of Disney Infinity, a few months ago.

Well it seems we got a trailer leak.

Definitely looks real since it's a full gameplay trailer.

Apparently it's set during the 1800's and you create your own avatar. It seems to be an action RPG, with some puzzle elements. Also seems to boast impressive environmental physics.

If it has online multiplayer, I'll definitely get this. Been wanting to explore the world of Hogwarts in a new video game again, and we kinda need it after that abysmal mobile game. Hopefully this will be good and free of any microtransaction BS.

No word on platforms yet.
THIS PLEASES ME

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wish they made a game for the Flash. There's only been like 2 of them, and one's a Master System game and the other's a GBA title. Daredevil too.

Ideally, as much as I like Spider-Man(He's the best Superhero period, Don't @ me.) and Batman, I think Superhero games can benefit from branching out those two as far as Sandbox games go. Though obviously I don't mind more Spider-Man/Batman games either. The Flash's means of moving around is really unique and it'd be as fun as webslinging is, or has the potential to at least.

The fighting and movement options for Daredevil would be fairly similar to the Spider-Man 2/Spider-Man PS4 and Batman Arkham games, if they didn't feel like stepping out of their comfort zone. While also having some LA Noir/Ace Attorney inspired parts for Taking on Matt's Lawyer job. Which would replace making new gadgets that Spider-Man would use or the Batmobile segments in Arkham Knight.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Gang Plank Galleon is still the best new Smash remix
It's really hard to top something made by a Xenoblade composer, imo, so I agree.

I pulled a extra spring shareena, is fierce stance worth inheriting?
If you want her to have more attack on enemy phase, go ahead.

But honestly, there are far better units who can make good use of that skill, most notably those with a Distant Counter weapon

It's not even a month, so we'll see how it goes.

I hope it can have more good stuff after a month, otherwise I'm not gonna pay online... yet....
I'm gonna be pessimistic and give them a year.

As much as I like Nintendo and as great as their games can be... they're not that great with anything else, imo.

Chrono.

Well I beat The Messenger, with all Power Seals and everything.

I can't tell if the final level and boss were easier than expected or if I just got really good as I went along. Either way I liked both and the ending was nice, especially the small after credits scene.

Its definitely not perfect. While I didn't mind the halfway genre shift like a lot of reviewers seemed to, and even liked it, I would've really appreciated a fast travel system of some kind. Cause those last couple of Power Seals kinda dragged a bit for me (though I had gotten like most of them by playing normally.) The reward for getting all the seals itself is a little underwhelming (for something hyped up as overpowered anyway), but I actually got a lot of use for it during the final boss.

Overall I really liked the game and hopefully they follow up to that To Be Continued after the credits.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well I beat The Messenger, with all Power Seals and everything.

I can't tell if the final level and boss were easier than expected or if I just got really good as I went along. Either way I liked both and the ending was nice, especially the small after credits scene.

Its definitely not perfect. While I didn't mind the halfway genre shift like a lot of reviewers seemed to, and even liked it, I would've really appreciated a fast travel system of some kind. Cause those last couple of Power Seals kinda dragged a bit for me (though I had gotten like most of them by playing normally.) The reward for getting all the seals itself is a little underwhelming (for something hyped up as overpowered anyway), but I actually got a lot of use for it during the final boss.

Overall I really liked the game and hopefully they follow up to that To Be Continued after the credits.
Yeah, really great game.

There was a fast travel, It just... sucked because there were only a handful of places you could go to. And not all of them led to convenient spots.

I would've liked it much better if shops were warp points, which actually makes sense since shops are connected to your later-game HQs anyway. However, there's no denying that this would've straight up broken the Metroidvania portion of the game, so I'd have been cool with it being a post-game reward, making it a godsend to anyone who has yet to collect all the Power Seals after beating Phantom.

Alternatively, I'd have been fine if each section had its own portal in the hub world too. Wouldn't be the best fast travel system, but given what you need to do, a perfect fast travel system would've just broken the game to bits, which is why it would've fit best as a post-game reward, where you have either some Power Seals left to collect or none at all.

But that's just me.

Another nitpick I have that I have is how you can't rematch bosses. Normally I wouldn't mind because Metroidvania, but in a game where time travel is a core mechanic and plot point? That kind of feature would've just fit in really well. It would've probably been pointless, but it also would've been really neat at the same time. Would be a good way to train or just see how far you've come with an actual comparison.

Also, there's some stuff you can do with the Windmill Shuriken to break the game. It has less range than the original, but goes through walls and stays out for as long as you don't touch it. Really unwieldy, but if you manage to master it, you could need only one ki charge for a constant hitbox around you. It's just really hard to pull off, proving that overpowered does not necessarily mean easy.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
There's drama going on between Venom fanboys and Lady Gaga stans and it's wonderful. Perpetually angry comic book fanboys vs. insane pop star stan Twitter is the real unstoppable force meets immovable object battle.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
There's drama going on between Venom fanboys and Lady Gaga stans and it's wonderful. Perpetually angry comic book fanboys vs. insane pop star stan Twitter is the real unstoppable force meets immovable object battle.
the fact that i can believe this makes me really wonder why i can :V

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the fact that i can believe this makes me really wonder why i can :V
If only the war wasn’t apart of the reality we live in
Looks like Hulk Hogan is being erased from all history

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm gonna be pessimistic and give them a year.

As much as I like Nintendo and as great as their games can be... they're not that great with anything else, imo.
Speaking of pessimistic, I think it would be a huge improvement for Online Service if they have local save back up available... or have Cloud Back Up being limited free within a year.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Speaking of pessimistic, I think it would be a huge improvement for Online Service if they have local save back up available... or have Cloud Back Up being limited free within a year.
Except neither of these really improve the online service itself all that much.

Local backup means you have less need for cloud saving, thus less reason to pay for online.

Free cloud backup means you have even less reason to pay for online.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man, people really put a lot of pride in movies they want to succeed. It shouldn't that big of a deal since the movies will probably make decent money either way.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Except neither of these really improve the online service itself all that much.

Local backup means you have less need for cloud saving, thus less reason to pay for online.

Free cloud backup means you have even less reason to pay for online.
Exactly, that way Nintendo can now try to improve Switch Online than just relying on this things that should be partially free.
Also, like I said, similar how Cloud Drives do, they offer you limited amount of storage, if you want to store more or unlimited storage you an purchase their pack.

Moreover, regardless of what you think, local back is still not safer than cloud back up... having Switch broken or just bricked is one of the worse case scenario, what if your Switch is just well............lost? Or stolen? Or what if your back up your save data on mirco SD card or USB, since they were never designed to be store your data permanently, any contact of metal, small magnets, scratches, dust, drop, can easily cause the SD card or USB stick to be unreadable or need to be formatted...

So, you gonna repeat, it's dream on if Nintendo just give us Cloud Backup unlimited for free, I said limited.... which it would be nice if you can back up about two to three game of save data.

Saw this,

Wait when was there an anime girl Spiderman? I always though Gwen Stacy is the only official female Spiderman lol.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
New Into the Spider-Verse trailer. Spider-Man Noir looks sick. Peter might as well be the Raimi version(which is sick), and Spider-Gwen is still lame. There's also that SP//Dr mech too, more anime-ish than before. And the boy Spider-Ham. Kingpin and Scorpion are in it. Miles seems like he'll be funny, which is good.

mario123007 mario123007 She's another comic character, more anime-ish than normal. And the first major female Spider hero was Spider-Woman. There's also a version that's Peter's and Mary Jane's daughter.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Exactly, that way Nintendo can now try to improve Switch Online than just relying on this things that should be partially free.
Also, like I said, similar how Cloud Drives do, they offer you limited amount of storage, if you want to store more or unlimited storage you an purchase their pack.

Moreover, regardless of what you think, local back is still not safer than cloud back up... having Switch broken or just bricked is one of the worse case scenario, what if your Switch is just well............lost? Or stolen? Or what if your back up your save data on mirco SD card or USB, since they were never designed to be store your data permanently, any contact of metal, small magnets, scratches, dust, drop, can easily cause the SD card or USB stick to be unreadable or need to be formatted...

So, you gonna repeat, it's dream on if Nintendo just give us Cloud Backup unlimited for free, I said limited.... which it would be nice if you can back up about two to three game of save data.
Except the cloud backup is only for save files, iirc. No need to back up an entire digital game when the eShop already did that long before the online appeared.

And offering a free "limited" amount can easily be exploited, since save files can range between 1 MB and 100+ MB, so you could get a ton of games and worry about only a fraction of that large amount, with everything else managing to fit in whatever limitations you put on a free limited cloud service.

So no, I don't agree to a free but limited cloud service. It would be nice, but given the circumstances, it's just gonna make the online service much less worth it.

What they really need to do now is make an online that doesn't suck. No freebies to those who don't pay, no. Just make the online better for those who paid for it. Doesn't matter how long it takes, as long as it's the goddamn priority.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man, that trailer reminded me of how much I liked the art in Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions. I'd really like a Spider-Man Noir solo film. Just for the artwork.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think I’m gonna start a run of Dragon Quest 9 where when a character dies(excluding the protagonist) I replace them with a new character.

And I’ll base characters off you guys.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
There's like a Bazillion Spider-Men, Into the Spider-Verse is barely even the tip of the iceberg.
Hope Madame Web makes it in.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I went to change it but forgot that it’s Smashboards time of the month again, and then I accidentally deleted my avy so now I have a big P for the time being
oh okay good :V

i mean ya is rip, but when i first saw that and i just had flashbacks to my own interwebs breakdown and was worried about ya if ya needed a friend .-.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
oh okay good :V

i mean ya is rip, but when i first saw that and i just had flashbacks to my own interwebs breakdown and was worried about ya if ya needed a friend .-.
I’m good, Natz. Don’t worry.

Well I’m kinda dead inside but I’m alright otherwise.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I think I’m gonna start a run of Dragon Quest 9 where when a character dies(excluding the protagonist) I replace them with a new character.

Just make me a gladiator when you get access to the class. Axes are the best!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
whys that? moods just been grounded up and buried? :V
Honestly I don’t even know anymore. Life is just boring.

Somedays I feel like the beginning of a movie where someone just bored with life and then they become a serial killer or something. (Not that I would)

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Honestly I don’t even know anymore. Life is just boring.

Somedays I feel like the beginning of a movie where someone just bored with life and then they become a serial killer or something. (Not that I would)
honestly ya can relate :V even the serial killer bit

or at least used to

lifes gotten kinda crazy in a good sense ever since my family moved on down to the states, with konnies injuries, kylers placid wackiness, and whatever i wanna do days are kinda boring and random in the same sense :V

maybe ya just need a kick in something to reignite something to make life stupid/exciting all again?

lol i missed this and only noticed it till fire quoted lol

i hope ya get my good parts :p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
When I do start the DQ9 run my first 3 characters should be obvious who here they will be based off of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom