• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Boros is on planetary level and even then the only reason he survived one hit from Saitama was due to some special plot armor.
Planet buster is actually on the very low end of Dragon Ball, granted they rarely ever show feet’s of pure destruction beyond that. Vegeta during the Saiyan saga was a planet buster. Even in Dragon Ball Roshi could blow up the moon.

Why is this? Because power scaling isn’t really logical at all in DB. There’s a reason why when Frieda came back he was able to surpass Goku in SSJB with just four months of training.

I’d actually say that Dragon Ball is a lot more silly than OPM. And yes, it’s intentional.

D

Deleted member

Goku doesn't have armor. There's weighted clothes, but that really lost its meaning over the span of one saga when gravity training became a thing. You're comparing one character's advantage to another when it's inapplicable.
So you're saying he would survive lesd than two hits? Goku is somewhere above planetary level but his power is definitely comparable to Boros's.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So you're saying he would survive lesd than two hits? Goku is somewhere above planetary level but his power is definitely comparable to Boros's.
I'm saying he could take way more, implying he can't just hax his way to just avoid them in the first place. Like I said, you need to be really specific about what arc we're talking about here because his abilities can vastly change between one and the other because that's how Shonen works. I'm assuming you're going with the "all out" motif, which is the current Saitama against the current Goku (IMO at least planetary, I'd say higher to an unknown degree). Ultra Instinct taps in, he can't even get hit. Hakai taps in, Saitama can't even hit because he's too busy stopping existing.

View attachment 167710

I didn't think I'd be using this one again, but here we are.
Whatever did happen to that staff? What happened to Nimbus?

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It's dry season for the speculation scene and for the Smash Ultimate waiting period as well.

I'm still banking on a certain leak getting some of the last few newcomers correct. Doesn't necessarily mean we won't see a few more newcomers, though. Even if it is fully up to date.

Outside of that, my hope for Tetra remains. Not worrying or thinking about very many other newcomers at this point until we eventually get to the DLC period of Ultimate.

___

I have nothing to add to this debate of two famously powerful protagonists....though since it's relevant right now, I might as well say that I'm strongly considering watching OPM. I have been for a while, actually, but just haven't taken the time to try catching up with it. Might try the same with Dragon Ball and Jojo some day.

I'm still not much into anime but these ones stand out to me since I've heard so many good things about 'em. That, and at least looking into them a little bit, I can tell they have elements that would actually appeal to me. There ain't much anime out there that catches my interest.

D

Deleted member

Goku has armor.

It's called "the protagonist always wins, no matter what"

:V
Yeah, even when Goku dies, he wins.

Especially considering the Zenkai boosts which makes it so that every time he loses he gets stronger.

But in general, I'm not even that impressed by Saitama's feats when compare to planet busters and above outside of his universe.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Planet buster is actually on the very low end of Dragon Ball, granted they rarely ever show feet’s of pure destruction beyond that. Vegeta during the Saiyan saga was a planet buster. Even in Dragon Ball Roshi could blow up the moon.

Why is this? Because power scaling isn’t really logical at all in DB. There’s a reason why when Frieda came back he was able to surpass Goku in SSJB with just four months of training.

I’d actually say that Dragon Ball is a lot more silly than OPM. And yes, it’s intentional.
But are they ever shown destroying planets? I want feats of the people Goku beat, not vague power level bs

Also, if we're talking about power scaling being silly

You guys really need to watchread Nanatsu. It's basically "what if we made a whole manga based around ****-measuring contests?" and man does it work.
I'm saying he could take way more, implying he can't just hax his way to just avoid them in the first place. Like I said, you need to be really specific about what arc we're talking about here because his abilities can vastly change between one and the other because that's how Shonen works. I'm assuming you're going with the "all out" motif, which is the current Saitama against the current Goku (IMO at least planetary, I'd say higher to an unknown degree). Ultra Instinct taps in, he can't even get hit. Hakai taps in, Saitama can't even hit because he's too busy stopping existing.

Thr **** is a hakai.
Also, I'm pretty sure Saitama's reaction time is, like, light speed fast.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, even when Goku dies, he wins.

Especially considering the Zenkai boosts which makes it so that every time he loses he gets stronger.

But in general, I'm not even that impressed by Saitama's feats when compare to planet busters and above outside of his universe.
I mean, people often ignore the fact Saitama is never being shown to get damaged. No matter how strong Goku gets, he still takes some hits in that at the very least scratch him.
Saitama was kicked to the moon and had zero scratches on him.

And **** man, I haven't even read the Garou arc as I'm waiting for the anime and I'm sure he does a lot mpre crazy **** in that.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But are they ever shown destroying planets? I want feats of the people Goku beat, not vague power level bs
Frieza did it, Cell did it, and Buu did it.

Thr **** is a hakai.
That depends, why are you arguing against something if you have no idea about the source material in the first place? Rule #1 of VS Debating dawg, know everything before you start spouting things like its fact.

Also, I'm pretty sure Saitama's reaction time is, like, light speed fast.
Relativistic is not light speed.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I bought ARMS and a Falco amiibo.

Hedlok is one of the most frustrating things I've fought against in my life.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
And **** man, I haven't even read the Garou arc as I'm waiting for the anime and I'm sure he does a lot mpre crazy **** in that.
1517538304675.jpg

Garou is the only person who truly survived more than one punch raw. Otherwise nothing new. Current OPM plot is about this "God" character, but we don't know anything about it yet since the webcomic slow af.

Saitama was kicked to the moon and had zero scratches on him.
That's like Building level dude, it's not that impressive to be knocked into orbit.

Surviving a punch that can decimate a planet = Surviving a blast that can decimate a planet. Raw strength or through a separate attack, being able to harm someone with the same durability lets you scale.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Goku has plot armour and 'here's a new version of the Dragon Balls to wish him back with' armour.

Luffy has I'm gonna be the Pirate King no matter what armour.

See above and sub Naruto and Hokage in.

People say they like it when protags die but really they hate it.

Neji was kinda sad I guess but Kishi is a bit of a hack imo and no one really cared about Neji anymore.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Saitama vs Thanos with the Gauntlet. Who would win that fight?

I''m not fully acquainted with One Punch Man or Infinity War, so I raise this question to those who are, wanting some possible answers out of sheer curiosity.

I do know there's a series of fanmade animated videos that have them fighting each other though. The project it looks pretty cool so far, though I'm sure plenty of folks would argue in the favor of either combatant. :p

D

Deleted member

This is Vegeta before he even forgot Goku, like, at the beginning of Dragon Ball Z. Granted, this is only in the anime canon, but still.(Granted, some pretty ridiculous stuff happens vice versa, like in the super manga Master Roshi dodges attacks from Jiren who's supposedly stupidly strong.)

I mean, if you want to get an idea of what of threats Goku beat. There's Frieza, the intergalactic conqueror who easily destroys planets in his base form. Cell, an android who has various dragon ball fighters infused in his DNA, so he has various techniques and powers. Including regeneration even from a single cell and the zenkai boost. Then you have Buu who's like a godly version of Kirby. Also able to regenrate much like cell and gets stronger depending on who he absorbs. Also has a huge appetite for sweets and can turn you into one.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

I''m not fully acquainted with One Punch Man or Infinity War, so I raise this question to those who are, wanting some possible answers out of sheer curiosity.

I do know there's a series of fanmade animated videos that have them fighting each other though. The project it looks pretty cool so far, though I'm sure plenty of folks would argue in the favor of either combatant. :p
Thanos with the full Gauntlet is literally omnipotent.

There's no debate here.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He's frustrating you at level 4?

Just gonna say it right now; Hedlok is much, much worse at level 7. And I ain't saying that just because of the difficulty; dude gets better ARMS and midair blocking.
Welp I'm doomed.

D

Deleted member

I think movie Thanos would lose if he just doesn't kill Saitama right away. But comic Thanos with the gaunlet would win pretty easily.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Last time Sony tried a Marvel solo they ended up with ASM2. I'm very pessimistic about Venom, the CGI reminds me of 2003 Hulk.
I wouldn’t go that far with how Venom CGI looks like in 2018...but it could be better if he was in the MCU (movie looks good one moment and bad the next)

D

Deleted member

Oh right, Naruto, almost forgot. Yeah, Rinne Tensei Madara Uchiha with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikidou paths ability) equipped with his Gunbai and control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, a complete Susano'o, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in his chest so he can perform Mokuton kekkei genkai and yin-yang release ninjutsu as well as being extremely skilled in taijutsu and bukijutsu could beat both Saitama and Goku paired up by himself so I guess this discussion is over.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh right, Naruto, almost forgot. Yeah, Rinne Tensei Madara Uchiha with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikidou paths ability) equipped with his Gunbai and control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, a complete Susano'o, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in his chest so he can perform Mokuton kekkei genkai and yin-yang release ninjutsu as well as being extremely skilled in taijutsu and bukijutsu could beat both Saitama and Goku paired up by himself so I guess this discussion is over.

You can't just win by avoiding the argument and going to a completely different character. its not even right

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Did this place just become Comic Vine? Feats discussions?

Not gonna lie, Dragon Ball feats are boring. They never ****ing change, we’re just told how strong they are and we’re just supposed to believe it. The best fights come from characters who utilize others powers or hax and not just brute strength with energy blasts, that’s why I like Hit the Assassin or Janemba. Grand Priest seems to be full of hax with the way he can manipulate the rules of the World of Void like that.

The way Roshi fought in the ToP and Freeza’s usage of TK was pretty cool.
Should’ve given him the Hakai in the anime.

He used the Nimbus in the Kuririn two parter. The Power Pole for some reason is in the Broly Movie promotional art...and he’s obviously not gonna use it.

Some ****ing bull****.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Thanos with the full Gauntlet is literally omnipotent.

There's no debate here.
Alright, yeah, that's fair. :laugh:

I think movie Thanos would lose if he just doesn't kill Saitama right away. But comic Thanos with the gaunlet would win pretty easily.
Because the gauntlet is even more powerful in the comic, or because comic Thanos is just more competent and/or ruthless?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Comparing Goku to Saitama is like comparing Goku to Popuko and Pipimi.

He's a gag character. Stop trying to analyze this ****.

D

Deleted member

You can't just win by avoiding the argument and going to a completely different character. its not even right
I win by telling the truth and Madara just, like, needs to touch anyone once and they're dead, that's literally it. All he needs is the Rinnegan's soul stealing ability paired with Universal Pull and blam, dead Goku

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Nah I came from the FANDOM/Wiki equivalent. got banned from there too

I love it when characters who haven't been used in like 15 years finally get another shot and get their light. Tien Kikoho-ing Cell was always my favorite one.

He used the Nimbus in the Kuririn two parter. The Power Pole for some reason is in the Broly Movie promotional art...and he’s obviously not gonna use it.

Some ****ing bull****.
Gotta acknowledge it existed. I wonder how long it'll take before they remember Uub exists.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie, Dragon Ball feats are boring. They never ****ing change, we’re just told how strong they are and we’re just supposed to believe it. The best fights come from characters who utilize others powers or hax and not just brute strength with energy blasts, that’s why I like Hit the Assassin or Janemba. Grand Priest seems to be full of hax with the way he can manipulate the rules of the World of Void like that.

I definitely get what you mean. For instance, the Kamemeha that killed Cell isn't all that much impressive or different from the one that blew up the moon. Or hell, I forgot that in early Dragon Ball Z, Piccolo easily blew up the moon just cause.

But I definitely think that many Dragon Ball characters still have a lot to differentiate themselves from the others. Cell and Buu for instance. I guess that's why I find Jiren sooooooooo, boring, he doesn't have any interesting techniques or abilities, he's just a really buff strong ayylmao dude.

Alright, yeah, that's fair. :laugh:

Because the gauntlet is even more powerful in the comic, or because comic Thanos is just more competent and/or ruthless?
Both. Comics have better feats than the movies in general. The movies are more grounded to real life scale.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I win by telling the truth and Madara just, like, needs to touch anyone once and they're dead, that's literally it. All he needs is the Rinnegan's soul stealing ability paired with Universal Pull and blam, dead Goku
This is Goku vs Saitama, not Goku vs Saitama ft. a last-minute character at the end.
But if you wanna play that game, then nobody wins now.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Let's just say the MCU was off-track the second they tried to make him look like he's the good (but horrifingly misguided) guy with his intentions.
MCU Thanos personality wise is much better than in the comics...but Marvel truly ****ed up if they though I’d
sympathize with the man who got Spider-Man killed through the snap...random or not I blame him...and also Hulk

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Comparing Goku to Saitama is like comparing Goku to Popuko and Pipimi.

He's a gag character. Stop trying to analyze this ****.
And vice versa, since I'd argue Goku is just as much as a gag character.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
And vice versa, since I'd argue Goku is just as much as a gag character.
I think he was designed seriously until the point where he went "Goku's a ****ing alien now lol".
I'm kinda surprised they never used the concept of a God Oozaru yet since they're supposed to be, y'know, stronger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom