• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What a ****ing day man.

It was like a NASCAR morning at work today.

I'm happy to be home at least. I'm going to bed early tonight.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

An interesting analysis on FFXV.

For what it's worth, I'm also very disappointed by it, but I do feel it has some pretty fantastic moments within it, especially in the DLC.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I'm not surprised in the slightest that there's only a Male Robin amiibo as of now. Nintendo themselves seems to vastly prefer M!Robin, and sees F!Robin as a footnote instead. Both Corrins get around the same amount of attention, if I'm not mistaken.

Chrono.

Chrono.

All the moth memes were building up to this moment.

DoYKGRJU4AA1dUP (1).jpg

I know it's a butterfly but it's moth-like enough

Also this boss and level in general made the best use of the time-shift mechanic by far.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
By the way, if anyone's gotten invested in my channel over the last couple months and wants to lend a hand, I could use all the help I can get, haha.

Check out the details over here, if you're interested: https://www.patreon.com/Delzethin

Why the **** is there a giant moth meme going through twitter!?
No clue. I did fight Morph Moth in MMX2 the other day, though, if that counts.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So out of curiosity I've started down the rabbit hole of watching Undertale comic compilations on YouTube.

Two things have become readily apparent.

1. Where my initial discovery of several "AU" remixes scattered between typical Undertale song remixes begged the question "are AUs really this big of a thing in the Undertale fandom?" The answer has become apparent to be a resounding "yes."

2. To the Undertale fandom, Sans is viewed through the lens of basically being the most adorable entity in existence and has sort of taken on a life of his own through that lens.

The end result of these two facts is kind of a strange, peculiar scenario: instead of fan characters, for the most part the Undertale fandom has been overtaken by a steady variety of alternate universe copies of Sans. Sans in particular, especially Sans, with just a little bit of Papyrus mixed in there in order to have a dynamic with Sans.

Sans comes in flavors, boys and girls.

These include,

* Sans role-swapped with Papyrus, which basically just equals sweet innocent child Sans. The Papyrus here is among the most prevalent, as he's in turn been role swapped into a jaded nicotine addict father figure to the now "mental age of a five year old" Sans.

* Scourge the Sanshog, or in other words what I'm pretty sure is antiverse Sans. I'm pretty sure this one actually comes from a mod or something, but the end result is pretty much Scourge the Hedgehog as a moderately better behaved skeleton.

* Sans.exe, I really have no idea where the hell this one is from so far but it's a meta game-bug entity of some kind and has a worse temperment than Scourge the Sanshog so Sans.exe I shall call it. Has the color scheme of edgy MS Paint vomit with soul snaring string tears streaming down his face (???) but like every other incarnation of Sans the Undertale fandom somehow cooks up he's still adorable

* Edgy Sans, this one seems a bit rarer but still pops up, it's purple with one eye cracked and seems to be a more "serious" take on Sans. As if he already doesn't have depression he's trying to hide through comedy and a tendency to drop the facade at unsettling intervals in his original incarnation.

And sooo many more. The fandom has their own names for all of these different variants but hell I'll just call them what they are. I feel like I've been enlightened as to why the "Sans in Smash" meme is a thing and for all the Undertale fandom has a reputation I have no clue how this facet stayed so thoroughly under wraps. Or maybe I do since every fandom seems to have their quirks only visible when you actually peek into them and only the Sonic fandom ever gets any weirdness dragged out because people want a punching bag. Pah.

But basically I feel like the late Steve Irwin getting in close to watch some exotic species in the wild. Crikey, ain't this one a beaut?

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna be starting a Randomized Nuzlocke of Fire Red in a few moments so I want you guys to choose which will be my 3 choices of a starter for it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I'm gonna be starting a Randomized Nuzlocke of Fire Red in a few moments so I want you guys to choose which will be my 3 choices of a starter for it.
Registeel with Explosion as its only move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom