• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There is an artbook for Super Mario Odyssey that just got released in Japan and it has a lot of amusing scrapped concepts.

"Rosalina is my mama mia"

Also, you've heard of Bowsette and Peachette, now say hello to Mari-chan.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME BOWSETTE WAS ACTUALLY REAL BUT THEY SCRAPPED IT

NO WONDER NINTENDO HAD "no comment".

She's cuter than the fan-made one.
The fact that they cut this is an actual crime.

These concepts are all pretty good. They really should have made the final game. Rosalina was honestly the biggest missing cameo is Odyssey too. I'd love to see the costumes and ideas revisited one day.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Damn I heard stories about Mexico and what have you but that's really messed up. Hope you're safe.

I would be scared ****less if something like that went down here.
Yikes......I can't even imagine living so close in proximity to a crime like that. Stay safe, Mythra.

Thanks yo.
Hood's back to normal. When a dealer gets taken down, they disappear from the area for a while.
So hopefuly this is the start of calmer times here.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Apparently PlayStation All-Stars’ servers are going to be shut down October 25th.

Everyone was against the game since it’s reveal and honestly it gets a lot more **** than it actually deserves.

Everyday a sequel seems less and less likely. It’s a shame because an I think an improved sequel could click with a lot more people.

Perhaps I’ll give it one more whirl before the servers finally close.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Apparently PlayStation All-Stars’ servers are going to be shut down October 25th.

Everyone was against the game since it’s reveal and honestly it gets a lot more **** than it actually deserves.

Everyday a sequel seems less and less likely. It’s a shame because an I think an improved sequel could click with a lot more people.

I was hoping this wouldn't happen before the game became fully playable in RPCS3 and before RPCS3 got support for connecting to PSN.

Ah well. At least I can play it offline.

LetterO

Smash Lord
It's seriously hilarious in hindsight that Nintendo came up with this same concept well before an unknowing fan artist turned it into a trend.
I don't wanna be that guy, but they weren't really the same concept aside from female human Bowser.

Odyssey concept art is Bowser posessing Peach with the hat which makes perfect sense.

Fanart trend is the Super Crown powerup that for some reason changes Bowser's gender despite it not changing Toadette's and also only working on Toadette.

as you can see i'm very biased against bowsette

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I was hoping this wouldn't happen before the game became fully playable in RPCS3 and before RPCS3 got support for connecting to PSN.

Ah well. At least I can play it offline.
Don’t know very much how emulators work, but aren’t there servers for certain emulators?

I remember hearing people saying they’ve played Melee online via Dolphin, though I’m not sure if that’s something else entirely.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Fanart trend is the Super Crown powerup that for some reason changes Bowser's gender despite it not changing Toadette's and also only working on Toadette.

The original fanart that began Bowsette was that the Super Crown power-up didn't change Bowser's gender(not exactly). Rather, much like it transformed Toadette into Peach, but with some of Toadette's features still intact, it just transformed Bowser into Peach, but with Bowser's features like his shell and horns and whatnot.
That was the original joke on the comic for Bowsette, was that the crown turned it's wearer into Peach, and kept some of the wearer's features. And the comic's whole gag was if neither Mario or Bowser could get Peach, why try to get her when you can become her? It wasn't until the fan artists came in and started adding their own features and ideas like the red hair, tanned skin, etc and whatnot that the joke of Bowser becoming Peach because neither Mario or Bowser could get Peach became lost on most people who didn't bother to check the Super Crown's origin or the original comic origin.

Basically, an innocent gag with a clear joke that became lost after the explosive positive reception.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
The original fanart that began Bowsette was that the Super Crown power-up didn't change Bowser's gender(not exactly). Rather, much like it transformed Toadette into Peach, but with some of Toadette's features still intact, it just transformed Bowser into Peach, but with Bowser's features like his shell and horns and whatnot.
That was the original joke on the comic for Bowsette, was that the crown turned it's wearer into Peach, and kept some of the wearer's features. And the comic's whole gag was if neither Mario or Bowser could get Peach, why try to get her when you can become her? It wasn't until the fan artists came in and started adding their own features and ideas like the red hair, tanned skin, etc and whatnot that the joke of Bowser becoming Peach because neither Mario or Bowser could get Peach became lost on most people who didn't bother to check the Super Crown's origin or the original comic origin.

Basically, an innocent gag with a clear joke that became lost after the explosive positive reception.
Yeah, the original comic on its own was fine for me. Then I got annoyed very quickly once it blew up.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So... again why I stay away from Smashboards today...
- Xenoblade 2 DLC
- Internship...
- School
- Xenoblade.... oh wait I already said that lol.

praline praline everything looks cooler in classic anime Sailor Moon style
I can only say this artstyle gives me tons of nostalgia lol.
> Be Konami
> Sakurai comes at your door
> Requests Simon, Richter and a ****ton of Castlevania IP alongside Snake in return for that sweet, sweet dough for Smash Ultimate
> Accept the dough
> Castlevania finally returns back into the gaming masses after a longtime of dormancy
> Figure out what to do with Castlevania
> Make "Castlevania: Requiem"
> Make it a PS4 exclusive, even though it would've sold ten times more on the Switch with Castlevania being in Smash and general osmosis

w h y  k o n a m i

View attachment 166913
Why?
Business/Marketing decision aren't align with "Insert a third party character here" in Smash Ultimate that's why,

I think it is a bit of a no brainer that Castlevania" Requiem has been planned for PS4 long before Konami asked Sakurai to put Simon and Richter in Smash 4.

We have seen this many times where a lot asked "Where's the Switch version of the game"? From Dragonball FighterZ to SAO:Fatal Bullet...

So I can only say,you need some "Patience" buddy... at least for this year, or... go and get Bloodstained Ritual of the Night as an alternative.
Gamexplain did a video about Bopeach (I'm going with that for now)
I hope to all gods that the creator of the original Bowsette comic see this.

I need to see his reaction, it's going to be a golden.:laugh:
I'm... actually not surprised lol, maybe Nintendo will final make Bowsetta official in some way and not what we all expected...
ARE YOU KIDDING ME BOWSETTE WAS ACTUALLY REAL BUT THEY SCRAPPED IT

NO WONDER NINTENDO HAD "no comment".

She's cuter than the fan-made one.
It was at that moment (Bowsette was popular) Nintendo knew... they screwed up...

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Okay, now this codec call for Bowsette was just flipping hilarious! It's amazing seeing youtube veterans like these guys, heck even Profasia getting in on this!

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I don't wanna be that guy, but they weren't really the same concept aside from female human Bowser.

Odyssey concept art is Bowser posessing Peach with the hat which makes perfect sense.

Super Crown just changes you into a Peach lookalike with some of your original traits, so I don't see why it wouldn't do the same for Bowser. Well, lore-wise if the Super Crown did work on anyone in Toadette that is.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I don't like the Bowsette trend either, not gonna lie.

That said, even if the transformations have different reasoning (and one making much more sense) the concepts and designs are still pretty similar. Maybe not exactly the same, but clear similarities are still there.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Don’t know very much how emulators work, but aren’t there servers for certain emulators?

I remember hearing people saying they’ve played Melee online via Dolphin, though I’m not sure if that’s something else entirely.
What you're thinking of is netplay, which allows players to host their own "servers", more or less, and sync up their game sessions. Basically you play the offline modes of the game, but everyone is synced up. So for example, I'm Player 1 on my game, but also on your game, and so on and so forth, and our two emulators will be communicating with each other to read each other's inputs for the appropriate player slot, and if your connection is good, it will be like playing an offline match with someone, only now they're probably over a headset or something instead of right beside you. It's really useful for older games and especially if you want to get into co-op modes. It's also not exclusive to emulation, there are tools for doing it for PC games that don't officially support online play. Someone made a tool for netplay in Sonic Mania Plus on PC for example, though I believe it's limited to Competition Mode.

However, for emulation of more modern systems, an aim many emulator developers have is to allow connectivity to the official online service of that console. For CEMU, the Wii U emulator, this is already fully functional and while the initial set-up is a bit complicated (you have to dump your NNID data from your Wii U - this also means you can't play online in CEMU without actually owning a Wii U, as some of the files you dump are unique to each console), it's much simpler to use in the long run since once you have it all set-up, it's just a matter of enabling online mode when you want to use it via a checkbox, and then booting up the game and going into it's online modes as you would an actual Wii U. It also has the advantage of allowing you to play with players using the actual console. In the case of CEMU, you can even add friends and what not if you dump the Friends List app from your Wii U, and you will have your actual friends list when you dump your account too.

Having both options is the goal though, since there are some multiplayer games on these consoles that don't have official online support (and some that lose it, like PS-All Stars now is). In RPCS3's case though, we could be waiting another while for either. I'm just a bit sad we won't ever get to connect to PS-All Stars' official online modes in RPCS3, as it would have breathed some life into the game.

For an example of playing online in CEMU on official servers, here's me playing Smash online in CEMU with my friend, who is playing on an actual Wii U console.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So how has everyone's day been going?

Mine's been.........something, I guess. I'd rather not go much into detail, but some crap went down at my home this morning. Unsurprisingly, it's soured my mood all day, but that's the least significant part of the issue.

The home's been calmer for the day since then, but the issue is still very much around. All I hope is that it improves from here, somehow.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Thanks to the help of a video from a Japanese player, I managed to clear Infernal Tiki in FE Heroes using F2P Friendly units and builds.

So I decided it would be a good excuse to try and record a 4K video via MEMu and make a simple layout for these kinds of videos.

The guide I referenced is in the video description.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

They can try again in a decade or so...just not in another Smash attempt
The one thing I don’t get is why they have to make them all have huge boobs for no reason
Because big anime **** = Etika Money
The biggest detail that people are missing about the official Bowsette art is that redhead Bowsette is canon, not blonde Bowsette.
Bowsette will become the Broly of the Mario series

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Bowsette will become the Broly of the Mario series
"OH MY GOD SHE'S SO HOT, BUT SHE'S SO DUMB, BUT SHE'S SO HOT!"

o-o No me digas que tan feo esta el caso en el Estado donde vives...

Take a lot of care, please.
Pues es uno de los mas sarros, ya van casi 10 años así pero nunca me habia tocado que pasara uno tan cerca.

Will do.

D

Deleted member

Yeah.
Short story short:
-Neighbor was selling illegal substances
-Got executed by a rival gang

And now everything is surrounded by yellow tape and we're getting questioned by the police as the event happened pretty much next door.
Woah, I hope you are safe from the gangs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom