• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
xD I remember watching it a lot when it was a videocasete (Damn, that makes me sure feel old) and at first I liked Kiara (I still do), but then I realized Vitani is better, in both design and personality. Though, when she's fully grown, she loses quite a bit of that charm, specially the design part.

I mean, she's ADORABLY FLUFFY. And have to say, I think I find it really possible that she's Nala's and Scar's daughter (Plus Vitani's line of "Where's your pretty daughter, Nala?) Somehow. Though, if you have watched the deleted scene that happens before Nala is exiled and what the song says it seems even more likely.

xD It's pretty awkward.
Yeah, not to say I dislike her adult design, but I like her cub design a bit more as well. I just wish we could've seen her do a bit more in the film. She's a great character while she lasts.

That's a theory I've actually not heard of before. I suppose it's possible, although I thought that all story elements involving Nala being Scar's chosen queen were removed along with the scenes themselves. Definitely just speculation, but it's a neat idea that goes with a story element that we never got to see in the final film, so I won't rule it out. Besides that, Disney, as well as the staff of Simba's Pride and The Lion Guard, respectively, still can't seem to make up their minds on whether Zira was really Scar's mate or not. There's plenty of implications that strongly hint that she was, but the writers also removed direct references to it in Simba's Pride since it would've make Kiara and Kovu first cousins, and instead just wrote it as being that Scar adopted him to be his heir. I totally get their reasoning for that one decision, but with story elements like these being removed yet implications still remaining, it's left a whole lot of confusion as to who's really related to who.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
How is it exactly that this Bowsette-thing took over the internet in such an insanely short amount of time?

Like, I was gone on vacation for three days and it didn't seem like it was anywhere near this popular right before I left. It didn't even take one week for it for it to become an explosive trend. I don't get it. Should I not be surprised? Because in this instance, I'm really not sure.

D

Deleted member

How is it exactly that this Bowsette-thing took over the internet in such an insanely short amount of time?

Like, I was gone on vacation for three days and it didn't seem like it was anywhere near this popular right before I left. It didn't even take one week for it for it to become an explosive trend. I don't get it. Should I not be surprised? Because in this instance, I'm really not sure.
Everyone is horny. :)
Including me.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
xD I remember watching it a lot when it was a videocasete (Damn, that makes me sure feel old) and at first I liked Kiara (I still do), but then I realized Vitani is better, in both design and personality. Though, when she's fully grown, she loses quite a bit of that charm, specially the design part.

I mean, she's ADORABLY FLUFFY. And have to say, I think I find it really possible that she's Nala's and Scar's daughter (Plus Vitani's line of "Where's your pretty daughter, Nala?) Somehow. Though, if you have watched the deleted scene that happens before Nala is exiled and what the song says it seems even more likely.

xD It's pretty awkward.
That early concept of Scar I think would have been a lot better. Scar's design there wasn't outward "evil looking" and gives off a more "non-threatening" vibe which is perfect for a schemer like him. That and the scrapped sub-plot would have made him out to be a lot more sinister.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
-R63 villains are interesting
-Boobs
-She looks a bit goth
-People realized the infinite meme potential the Crown has

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Saw a post saying that they found Rex from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in Dragalia Lost and I wasn't prepared.

How is the game? My experience with it so far is "this game is not available in your country".

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
-R63 villains are interesting
-Boobs
-She looks a bit goth
-People realized the infinite meme potential the Crown has
I get all that. It makes sense that it would really trend at some point.

What I don't get is how it happened this fast.

That early concept of Scar I think would have been a lot better. Scar's design there wasn't outward "evil looking" and gives off a more "non-threatening" vibe which is perfect for a schemer like him. That and the scrapped sub-plot would have made him out to be a lot more sinister.
Scar's final design is too cool for me to want to see an older version of it in action lol

Still not sure how I feel about that scrapped subplot either, but it would be nice to see the complete subplot fully animated. And I do wonder how else it could've affected and altered the main story....

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Scar's final design is too cool for me to want to see an older version of it in action lol

Still not sure how I feel about that scrapped subplot either, but it would be nice to see the complete subplot fully animated. And I do wonder how else it could've affected and altered the main story....
Well it's true that the Scar we know of today is super duper iconic and whatnot but the way he was designed there in the early concept art is brilliant IMO. Maybe it would have been too complexed for a Disney movie that tends to make good and evil very distinguishable but Scar looking like that and manipulating everyone though his actions would have made him an even better villain.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

Have you seen this btw?

xD I honestly thought for a second it was made by Disney themselves...way too smooth.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Surprisingly not that many comments asking for Bowsette next.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Did a quick few second test of FE Heroes in MEMu using my summoning template in OBS.

Works out real nice. I might be the first person to really bother doing videos on this game in native 4K.

Don't worry about the slight stuttering in the gameplay. I have minimised that and I'm working to get rid of it completely. Though most of my videos for this game will likely have the BGM volume down so I can add my own music.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well it's true that the Scar we know of today is super duper iconic and whatnot but the way he was designed there in the early concept art is brilliant IMO. Maybe it would have been too complexed for a Disney movie that tends to make good and evil very distinguishable but Scar looking like that and manipulating everyone though his actions would have made him an even better villain.
That I can agree with. It's certainly a nice concept and as much as I love Scar's final design that I've known for so long now, it's definitely a cool thought, picturing him in a more subtle design.

Have you seen this btw?

xD I honestly thought for a second it was made by Disney themselves...way too smooth.
I have indeed! And this recreation is actually why I brought that up. The animation largely stays true to the film, and is very smooth, as you mentioned. Seeing this little piece of the subplot in a complete form makes me want to see more of it and other deleted scenes from the movie get the same treatment more than ever.

If the folks behind this don't have jobs at Disney yet, then, well, they should. (At least when/if Disney starts doing hand-drawn animated movies again...)

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I think I'm slowly slipping back into my regular sleep schedule.

Don't know how I feel about it yet, other than rough.

D

Deleted member

I'll just finish this part and rest for today, I'm almost done with an-- oh **** it's been an hour!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom