• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
With all that Ultimate has to offer, if Steve was in the base roster, who actually cares?
Hey, if I got a pile of gold blocks with a turd snuck in, of course I'll take it anyway :V

I jus want to save a bit when the inevitable DLC comes out.

D

Deleted member

That what what?
Silence you dum dum

Though I completely agree with you on Steve.

Though whenever I hear Steve, I think of Seregios from MH. And it’d be hillairious to just hear the announcer say the same Steve.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The last sentence, bro.
Steve would very likely have a moveset centered around putting down blocks on the stage to take control of it, which would make him very similar in concept to most of RoA's fighters who have gimmicks centered around that.
The best example and what Steve would likely resemble the most is Kragg, who could make square blocks to be thrown around as projectiles or be left as obstacles and summon a pillar of earth for his recovery.
Here's a visualization of it

Silence you dum dum

ThoughI completely agree with you on Steve.

Though whenever I hear Steve, I think of Seregios from MH. And it’d be hillairious to just hear the announcer say the same Steve.
Give me a context behind Seregios because I can't connect it to Steve no matter how hard I try.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So the Rate Their Chances thread is rating whether or not Reinhardt will get a trophy in Ultimate. You all should pop over there and give it a high want score because magic is everything. :p

D

Deleted member

Man I can’t wait for The Game Awards.

They can be a bit of a mess (like unceremoniously announcing certain awards), but Geoff Keighley’s passion for the idea always shines through, it’s always such a joy to watch and they have been getting consistently better every year.

Plus like E3, the Twitter ****posting is A+.
YES!!!
Honestly I'm just kind of at a point where if Steve is in Smash I'm gonna shrug and figure everyone who gets upset over it kind of earned it.

He's pretty clashy but also he's from the second highest selling video game of all time. And unlike Master Chief and Banjo-Kazooie Microsoft actually puts Steve on Nintendo consoles.

I'm slowly getting less sold on leaks that follow Vergeben's lead as time goes on, though. Mostly because Vergeben kinda cracked and used the word autism as an insult at people, so it stands to reason that someone who thinks I'm less than them for being on the spectrum might have questionable credibility.
Anyone who uses autism as an insult makes me really mad.

D

Deleted member

Steve would very likely have a moveset centered around putting down blocks on the stage to take control of it, which would make him very similar in concept to most of RoA's fighters who have gimmicks centered around that.
The best example and what Steve would likely resemble the most is Kragg, who could make square blocks to be thrown around as projectiles or be left as obstacles and summon a pillar of earth for his recovery.

Give me a context behind Seregios because I can't connect it to Steve no matter how hard I try.
Seregios was given the nickname Steve before it’s actual name was revealed. That’s literally it. It’s from Monster Hunter, it’s a big pine cone wyvern thing.

And now that I think about it, I’d honestly enjoy Steve more in Smash than Banjo, Geno, and Isaac for sure.

D

Deleted member

I might be absent for a while, one of my cats was missing for a few days and me and my family just found out he died
I know Gwen is ignoring me, but I am really sorry to hear this. Now I feel like a jerk for yelling at Gwen.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd be fine with Steve. I'd be more than fine if he got the terraforming gimmick I thought Isabelle would have. :p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Ok that looks like fun. You single handily sold me on Steve

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
SNK Heroines has another crossover character. Skullomania from Fighting EX Layer is in it.
Joke: put one of our female characters in SNK Heroines
Woke: Give one of our male characters tiddy and put them into the fanservice game.

:v

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
The Minecraft block guy in Smash? Hm, since I already got what I wanted, I would be indiferent about it, and probably not interested to try him out more than once. I played Minecraft a little thanks to a cousin, but I got bored quickly.

D

Deleted member

Ok that looks like fun. You single handily sold me on Steve
You should look into RoA, it's probably the only good Smash-clone out there and every character feels completely distinct from one another with their gimmicks that are really easy to understand.

Ivander

Smash Legend
That brings back memories. Also, can't forget Jay Leno for Uragaan, George for Gogmazios and Bubbles for Mizutsune.

D

Deleted member

This reminds me that I need to give Minecraft another shot with mods. Same with Skyrim, though I have it for the Switch, I want to get it on my PC with mods.

Guess it’s a thing for me to now try out early 2010 games I never got to play.
You should look into RoA, it's probably the only good Smash-clone out there and every character feels completely distinct from one another with their gimmicks that are really easy to understand.
I need to check that out too.

D

Deleted member

Guys, I watched the next secret trailer and it was awesome. Here is some information...
2018-09-27_14.07.50.png
2018-09-27_14.05.53.png

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Meh. Couldn't sleep, so I theorycrafted.

Putting down blocks, almost certainly, but recovery would probably be Elytra + Firework. Pretty sharp upward boost combined with a glide that drops to helpless after a few seconds, like the love child of Power of Flight and the back end of Shuttle Loop. It'd be interesting to see if they implemented the swooping momentum mechanics as well.

Don't think I'm gonna shock the world by suggesting tools for most of the rest of his kit. Can't say much for a hoe, but I'd expect to see axe, pickaxe, sword, shovel, represented in his tilts and aerials, and could imagine bow, food items (akin to Wii Fit Trainer's deep breathing, perhaps), possibly fishing rod (since Isabelle's paved that way) and perhaps even things like flint and steel or TNT represented in specials.

And if jab isn't his punch animation I'll riot.

Bonus points if punching Villager's tree breaks it and gives out wood blocks to pick up.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The only disappointing thing would be having no deaths in the next trailer.

I dun care if is Kirby exploding after eating a Creeper, I want Maximum Carnage.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'll second RoA.

Slap City actually looks nuts as well, although the graphics really show the budget they were working with.

The only disappointing thing would be having no deaths in the next trailer.
That'sssssss a nice trailer you've got there.

52829cd9415b4.png

D

Deleted member

I'll second RoA.

Slap City actually looks nuts as well, although the graphics really show the budget they were working with.

That'sssssss a nice trailer you've got there.

View attachment 166939
All I know about Slap City is what I've seen from Alpharad's videos and it seems mor eof the "so janky it's fun" type of thing. Still better and more alive than Icons though.
Also, wasn't it based on some LoZ-inspired indie game?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
All I know about Slap City is what I've seen from Alpharad's videos and it seems mor eof the "so janky it's fun" type of thing.
Same, but it works.

Also the game's sense of humor is top notch.

Also, wasn't it based on some LoZ-inspired indie game?
Slap City is to game dev Ludosity what Smash is to Nintendo - they grabbed a bunch of characters from their IPs and threw them in a fighter.

The game Ittle Dew and Fishbunjin come from is inspired by LoZ though.

[EDIT]: Masked Ruby and Jenny Fox apparently also come from Ittle Dew. So over half the cast.

Princess Remedy's got her own series, Goddess of Explosions was a supporting character from another, and Business Casual Man is kind of a recurring cameo in a couple of their games.

Digging through their catalog I'm kind of back and forth on how much they have to draw from, but there's literally six people making Slap City so I'm guessing character 8 is gonna take its sweet time regardless.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Am I the only one in here that actually wants Steve? I have been playing a lot of Minecraft lately, and it is so fun. Especially with commands.
I'd be fine with Steve. I'd be more than fine if he got the terraforming gimmick I thought Isabelle would have. :p
Huge agree. Minecraft has a lot more than "Swords and Bows". There are so many options.

While he can use a sword, I think he should be a lot like Isabelle. He can place a TNT block and ignite it, he can show a bow, or maybe something even more creative where he can use down b to enchant his sword to any random enchantment. ( Fire Aspect I will burn the opponet, Knockback I will make Steve's moves hit the opponent farther, Sweeping Edge I will make his sword's range slightly better and Sharpness I will make Steve do more damage. ) Steve's recovery would most likely be the Elytra. I am thinking it will be like Pit's recovery. There are so many wacky options what they can do with Steve's moveset, it is honestly fun to play around with it.

Chrono.

I'm more intrigued by Steve than anything else.

I just wanna see how the hell he'd work animations wise.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Ah so of course Jessica Nigri cosplayed as Princess Bowser.

Alright everyone Princess Bowser is dead. Everyone can go find something new now.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ah so of course Jessica Nigri cosplayed as Princess Bowser.

Alright everyone Princess Bowser is dead. Everyone can go find something new now.
The princess of all Koopa is dead. In the west only probably

Now time to cheer the queen of all Boo.:ultkrool:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Amen to that.
Mind you, I don't think Bowsette will die entirely, since her fanbase in Japan, if the tweets from Japanese are anything to go by, is MASSIVELY huge (plus I don't think one person can kill something like Bowsette by themself, even if they are very controversial, but I'm not entirely sure tbh) but hey, who care about the detail? Japan have Bowsette, we have Queen Boo, perfectly balanced.

:ultbowserjr:As all things should be.:ultbowser:

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I feel Bowsette can survive a couple of cosplayers... and even Behind the Meme.
She's that big.

D

Deleted member

Mind you, I don't think Bowsette will die entirely, since her fanbase in Japan, if the tweets from Japanese are anything to go by, is MASSIVELY huge (plus I don't think one person can kill something like Bowsette by themself, even if they are very controversial, but I'm not entirely sure tbh) but hey, who care about the detail? Japan have Bowsette, we have Queen Boo, perfectly balanced.

:ultbowserjr:As all things should be.:ultbowser:
Is not Queen Boo popular in Japan too?

I like both Queen Boo and Bowsette. <3

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I feel Bowsette can survive a couple of cosplayers... and even Behind the Meme.
She's that big.
But can she survive against Gortette?
472552255560744960.png

Is not Queen Boo popular in Japan too?

I like both Queen Boo and Bowsette. <3
Queen Boo is popular in Japan, but with how Bowsette has invested media those last few days, Bowsette is more controversial to many in the west than in Japan. While Queen Boo is less popular, but still well loved in both country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom