• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Someone gave me a code for a shiny Zygarde

Apparently the passwords expire tomorrow and gamestop gave them extra

Awesome Mint Zygarde

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Someone gave me a code for a shiny Zygarde

Apparently the passwords expire tomorrow and gamestop gave them extra

Awesome Mint Zygarde
Funny I just entered those for both Sun & Ultra Sun yesterday. Good thing I remembered.

Still got 6 more event 'Mon cards to enter (3 for Sun, 3 for Ultra)

Fibberkick

Smash Cadet
Eh? From which Smash game is "old bowser" referring to? And what were the differences?
You know melee bowser he was cool Koopa klaw was amazing i just want him back he felt so much more bowser like new bowser is so life-less to me . In my opinion dry bowser should just be melee bowser since dry bowser is dead bowser in most mario games makes sense to me

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hard time means bad choices...just like a Telltale game

Sony and Microsoft probably decided to set the game to be nearly unavailable due to thinking the rest of the game wouldn’t finish (Nintendo aswell if they also did what they did)

If some people can play games like Fortnite on a phone and find it comfortable...they must be strong
Maybe they just prefer convenience.

"Whips that are dog leashes" is still a better burn >:V
Not really, I personally found it more funny lol.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Thank god I wasn't actually asking.
Because you were waiting for my suggestion right?

Are you ready?

Here it comes....

Are you seriously prepared?

It's a great name.

You have to do this once I give it out.

I can't stress enough how much this name change will change your life.

Here comes........

Username Change

Thank you for your time.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Because you were waiting for my suggestion right?

Are you ready?

Here it comes....

Are you seriously prepared?

It's a great name.

You have to do this once I give it out.

I can't stress enough how much this name change will change your life.

Here comes........

Username Change

Thank you for your time.
Some fisher you are. You didn't even bait me into opening multiple spoilers. Shame.

Edit: Avi is good tho

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Some fisher you are. You didn't even bait me into opening multiple spoilers. Shame.

Edit: Avi is good tho

Child please.

Me touch a fishing poll?

Go outside?

Use spoilers and not just tell the whole world that Luke is Vader's Son, Snake Kills Dumbledore, Rosebud is a Sled, and the calls were coming from inside the house?

Gross.

Just.

Gross.

D

Deleted member

Ah nevermind.

It is just Aurane ignoring me really makes me lose myself, even if I try to get it off my head.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Child please.

Me touch a fishing poll?

Go outside?

Use spoilers and not just tell the whole world that Luke is Vader's Son, Snake Kills Dumbledore, Rosebud is a Sled, and the calls were coming from inside the house?

Gross.

Just.

Gross.
I don't touch fishing polls either. They're a waste of time. No matter how many polls you make, Geno will never be catchable in OoT. Smh.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Just finished watching the finale of Steins; Gate 0 and the season 3 finale of Free -Dive to the Future-. I liked them both a lot!

I'll start with my thoughts on Free-Dive to the Future-.

Free! Season 3 wasn't as good as the last season, though that can mainly be attributed to dragging out the Ikuya and Hiyori conflict for a bit too long. However, I liked the conclusion of the arc, and I thought they redeemed Hiyori rather well (and I say this as someone who initially disliked him).

That issue aside, I ended up enjoying it a lot! I really liked seeing how our main heroes like Haru, Makoto, and Rin in their college life. I also really loved the callbacks they did to the Free! prequel movie, and the cast of characters from that movie that returned here were just as enjoyable as they were then (especially Asahi, who has joined alongside Haru, Makoto, and Rin for my favorite Free! characters).

I especially loved how the relationship between Asahi and Rei came back full circle where Asahi is the one to give Rei those words of encouragement to prepare the latter for his final high school swimming race, almost like a gratitude thing after Rei gave Asahi that book about mental training that he still uses to this day (and I felt for Asahi to see that same guy he ran into the library in his early middle school years turn out to have become a swimmer later on).

Season 3 also did a good job showing how much our main character Haru developed, as we now see him reaching out to his friends and recognizing the value of friendship within the sport on top of embracing the competitive aspects of it. He was and still is my favorite character in Free!, and I loved

I loved how the Season 3 finale began with that montage of Haru's backstory that finally show the audience how he first developed his love for swimming when he was a small child, and that small tidbit from Makoto regarding how Haru's first swim was a successful 25m Freestyle that sparked his love for the stroke since then. It was a nice and touching characterization moment.

Also, on a different, that race Ikuya had with his brother Natsuya in the All-Japan tournament: damn, that hit me hard in the feels! I felt really happy for the two of them there.

The rest of the cast was still enjoyable, even the remaining high schoolers despite not having as much screentime this season. The new characters were a fun addition too, and the swimming competitions were still quite memorable though.

Can't wait to Season 4! ... until 2020. The fact they ended it on a cliffhanger too, argh! Welp, guess Kyoani wants to tie this next Season with the Tokyo Olympics that same year!

And now for the anime I'm sure most people want to know about here: Steins; Gate 0!

As the sequel to one of the most popular and most critically acclaimed anime out there, I'm sure some might want to know how it stacks up to the original.

I personally thought it was pretty good! It was one of my most anticipated anime for 2018, and I felt satisfied with it by the end. Well, I don't think it's as good as the original Steins; Gate; the plot kinda dragged out for a bit in the middle after a pretty solid start. However, it does have a pretty good conclusion. In fact, I think the way how it treats the climax is why I found myself liking the original more: Steins; Gate starts out slow and then has its epic climax in the middle, but in the sequel, the entire show is a gradual buildup until the climax in the final stretch of the show.

My next bit of thoughts, particularly regarding Okabe go a bit more into spoiler territory (but not too much), so I'll put a spoilers tag for this just in case:

Steins; Gate 0 takes place in a universe where Okabe fails to save Kurisu after being sent back in time with Suzuha to that time, and he ultimately gives up because Mayuri didn't slap the sense into him when he came back regretful (and as you guess, S;G 0 has no Kurisu except through Amadeus). This causes him to drop the Houiin Kyouma chuunibyou personality, and he becomes quite depressed as a result. The first third of Steins; Gate shows how he has to cope with the depression in its initial stages, but he starts to show signs of overcoming it in Episode 8 when he is briefly sent to the Beta line to meet Kurisu again. He acts rather chill for the middle episodes, but then the climax brings his depression into the light as he understands the extent of World War III as it enters its beginning stages.

I'll admit it was painful to watch Okabe not being his usual self from the original Steins; Gate, but I think his portrayal helped humanize him even more as we see how he dealt with a serious personal trauma in a relatable way and learning to let go of it. It has a major payoff toward the end of the show though; his Houiin Kyouma personality comes back in a really happy and touching scene.

Steins; Gate 0 ultimately shows how Okabe would eventually send that video to his Summer 2010 self to tell him the plan on faking Kurisu's death without altering the timelines, and it was cool to see how it unfolded. We eventually see this awesome bit of him at the very end when he goes back to 18000 BC to retrieve Mayuri and Suzuha (who came back to 2010 temporarily so that Mayuri would send that D-mail to her Summer 2010 self to slap Okabe, thus giving the explanation where that scene came from in the original Steins; Gate) there, and man, he walked up like a badass!

And I loved how the location he saves Mayuri and Suzuha is a desert in the middle of the night, which was ultimately what the dream sequence with Okabe and Mayuri from the original Steins; Gate where they were in the desert was hinting at!

The rest of the cast ended up pretty good. I grew to like Daru and Moeka a lot more this season, and Mayuri became quite a relevant character in the sequel with some great development with her willingness to take the initiative.

As for the new characters, I feel like Kagari felt like wasted potential despite what we learn of her, but the other new character additions were solid. In particular, Hiyajo Maho, the new main heroine for the sequel, ended up being my third favorite Steins; Gate character. While the "legal lolli," she ultimately doesn't act like a generic lolli at all and feels very humanized. As Salieri was to Mozart, so was Maho to Kurisu. She lived in the shadow of Kurisu's shadow, which affected her insecurities, but by the end of the show, she gets some great development where she learns how she can apply Kurisu's knowledge to become her own distinct scientist (or more like breaking away from that inferiority complex to become more like her own person in other words).

Leskinen also proved to be a fun character with his Engrish and some funny dialogue early like, "WHERE ARE THE JAPANESE SHAMAN GIRLS, RINTAHLAO?"

He also turns out to be the main villain in S;G 0 where he is revealed to be after the Time Machine on the behalf of his organization and wants to create a time paradox to see it for himself; I'll admit I wasn't a fan with the way he was revealed to be the villain though, especially when he did the "Now I'll reveal my villainous plan upon being revealed" and the subsequent "you'll be like him if you kill him" cliche coming from Daru (it just felt rather off in delivery).

The animation was a bit wonky at times, and the music was average at times except for some of the earlier episodes and most of the later episodes, but they still had their fine moments of delivery.

In all, I'd give both Free-Dive to the Future- a good recommendation and Steins;Gate 0 a high recommendation. Both are good shows, but Steins; Gate 0 definitely is contender for anime of the year year. It has its shortcomings and is superior to the original Steins; Gate, but it was still an enjoyable ride to watch from beginning to end with a pretty nice climax, nice story, and a great cast of characters. If you liked the original Steins; Gate, give Steins; Gate 0 a watch! There's also an OVA coming out for it later this November, so look forward to that too!

As for Season 3 of Free, if you plan on watching it, just make sure you watch the first two Seasons, the Free! prequel movie titles "High Speed, and the third compilation movie "Take Your Marks" before going into it to gain the most out of that season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom