• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I'm still confused about Meltan's original reveal: Was the day it was revealed in GO always intended or did Niantic/Pokémon slip up and just played along?

I've heard both stories being the case.
Considering they already posted a video talking about Nutgod sightings with full dialogues Im pretty sure the leak was a stunt all along; they know leaks would wake up the non-interested people from hibernation simply because it is potential Gen 8 stuff. So they pulled that to attract attention and create speculation out of curiosity that hopefully would convince the hardcore playerbase to try out LGPE

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
This whole Peachette thing just finally made me realize something.

Toadette is slowly becoming unique as a Toad character to a point that she might not even have to be attached to Toad/Captain Toad should either ever get into Smash as a playable.

Toadette is the real winner of the created for a spin-off wars.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This whole Peachette thing just finally made me realize something.

Toadette is slowly becoming unique as a Toad character to a point that she might not even have to be attached to Toad/Captain Toad should either ever get into Smash as a playable.

Toadette is the real winner of the created for a spin-off wars.
But I want to play as Captain Toad/Toadette and not just Toadette...or red Toad

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
But I want to play as Captain Toad/Toadette and not just Toadette...or red Toad
Look if Toadette gets to a point she's so unique she can be her own seperate fighter.

More power to the girl.

Nintendo clearly likes her quite a bit consider the push they've given her.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
It’s my birthday today and I got xenoblade chronicles 2 torna country.

I don’t own the original game and torna is physical. Does it contain X2 as well? I presume it does but I’m not positive
heyo dude happy birthday~

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Stuff might be happening.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I really hope this turns out to be true. The Nintendo Switch not having a Virtual Console is just disappointing, and if this news is anything to go by, it looks like Nintendo might be listening to their fans and learning from that mistake.

Still, I am prepared for the worst.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is it just me or is Nintendo Switch Online turning out to be much better then before...?
Marginally better.

Like, they're actually getting the barebones basics implemented like they should have from the beginning.

Still has a long way to go before it becomes something of value.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Stuff might be happening.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
If games that aren't NES titles come out, I hope they come out and be like the NES Service rather than Virtual Console. I mean, for one possible benefit if SNES, N64, GBA and DS games come out alongside the NES games, they would have possible online. Like who doesn't want to play Mario Party, Mario Kart 64, Contra 3 and etc with online features? The other benefit would be that besides paying for the online service, the games would be free.

Just those 2 benefits going on games from SNES, N64, GBA and DS would have people flooding to their online. $19.99 for online and to be able to play old classic titles like Contra 3, Mario Kart 64, Kirby Super Star, etc with online and are free to play? That alone would be a huge selling point for people.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wait, what exactly is it missing?
-Games with dedicated servers as opposed to peer-to-peer (P2P) connections, otherwise you're literally paying for nothing when it comes to actual online play. As it is right now, paying Nintendo for online play isn't actually improving it, because the connection can only be as stable as the host player's connection under P2P, Nintendo can do very little otherwise. P2P is one of the most simple and basic forms of telecommunications and isn't really designed for the kind of information that needs to be rapidly sent in sync between multiple players in a larger multiplayer game like Splatoon. Without dedicated servers, you are paying for nothing when it comes to playing your favourite games online which you previously could play for free. Paying for dedicated servers is why people are OK with paying for subscriptions like PS Plus or even paying for subscriptions for specific online games like Final Fantasy XIV.

-Many core titles do not and likely will not ever support cloud saves due to Nintendo's lack of foresight, which somewhat defeats the purpose of having it for many people. Instead of, for example, tying save data for online rankings in Splatoon to a cloud via your Nintendo Account, Nintendo tied them to your local save data, leaving us in the situation we are in now where they are afraid of save scumming (i.e. people backing up their save data when they reach Rank A, get demoted to Rank B, but then download their backed up save to get back to Rank A). Things like that should have been saved to a cloud to begin with rather than locally if they were so afraid of this. The two things that make this bizarre is that they announced the online service well in advance of major titles like Splatoon (meaning they had time to implement such measures), and we also know they DEFINITELY have the means to do it as it's how they handle their mobile games like FE Heroes (for example, the data related to the units I have and the Orbs I have isn't saved locally on my device, or at the very least, only part of it is. The rest of it is on a cloud server and the data is unusable without being connected online and linked to my Nintendo Account, which makes cheating a lot harder as I can't just crack open my save file and edit values to give myself a free +10 Legendary Marth with his optimal kit, or give myself 9,999 Orbs for free).

-Can't really personally vouch for this, but I've heard a lot of reports of the NES emulation being subpar, even causing a visual glitch that requires restarting your Switch to fix. And overall, these NES games feel like the only substantial piece of content you pay for, which isn't saying much. While I'm positive they will bring other titles to the service like SNES and N64, they need to have this thing be updated regularly to even remotely justify paying for a year of the subscription. It can't be just a couple of small NES games every two months or something.

-I know they said they're doing special offers, but there needs to be, on occasion, discounted first-party titles to purchase, because if it's just a few slightly discounted indie games, nobody is gonna care. Indie games are already pretty cheap and affordable, so most people aren't waiting for them to go on sale. And if they are, they're waiting for them to be sold much cheaper on another platform because Nintendo eShop sales are rarely very good.

Chrono.

Android 17 confirmed to have the most disrespectful KO screen.

It's when you kill with Endgame, one of his Supers.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well, after taking my sweet*** time I finished Torna...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I got further along in Ratchet and Clank. Beat that Mrs. Zurkon boss fight and finished that side mission with collecting all those alien brains. Got the Warmonger and Buzz Blades. The Warmonger is top tier, got it to V5 already with the Pyrociter, Pixelizer and that Magmabuster. Most other weapons are on level 3 or 4. Bomb Glove is still trash.

Got more Gold Bolts too, nearly half of them.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
It’s my birthday today and I got xenoblade chronicles 2 torna country.

I don’t own the original game and torna is physical. Does it contain X2 as well? I presume it does but I’m not positive
Happy birthday! I hope you had fun today!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Android 17 confirmed to have the most disrespectful KO screen.

It's when you kill with Endgame, one of his Supers.
So you can now repeat the same character 3 times now? Like in Marvel vs Capcom 2. Or was this just for the demonstration?

Still this is pretty cool, since I kind of doubt that 17 gets a dramatic finish other than maaaaaaaybe with Piccolo, though it is the DBS version of 17.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Happy 21st Z25 Z25

I remember my 21st birthday. Seems like forever ago even though it was only 2 years.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
More pure Steel-types are always welcome; we don't have enough.
Okay folks, here is a tough question.

What are three things you want in a romantic partner that you feel are desires fairly unique to you.
I still don't want a girlfriend, but if I did, attractive long hair would be the one of the top things on my list.
Bowsette > Pauline > Rosalina/Daisy > Peachette > Peach
Naw man, Daisy > Rosalina > Peach > Pauline > Toadette > Bowsette > Peachette.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Look if Toadette gets to a point she's so unique she can be her own seperate fighter.

More power to the girl.

Nintendo clearly likes her quite a bit consider the push they've given her.
But my Nintendo Dynamic Duo
Naw man, Daisy > Rosalina > Peach > Pauline > Toadette > Bowsette > Peachette.
Bowsette/Pauline > Rosalina > Daisy > Toadette > Peach > Peachette

D

Deleted member

Important information, go to sleep as early as possible.

You do not want to be like me right now?

Afternoon naps and the day is already over.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Important information, go to sleep as early as possible.

You do not want to be like me right now?

Afternoon naps and the day is already over.
ya can agree, i haven't been sleeping well lately and just been exhuasted :tired:

its honestly left me badly drained this whole day

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Your ranking would be decent, but Pauline's a little too high, and Bowsette should only be better than Peachette.
Bowser himself is already a pimp daddy, so Bowsette by default is a pimp mama
As someone who never watched Dragon Ball Z as a kid, I never had one and still don't have one. Plus, I'm not a fan of Toriyama's female designs.
We’ll have to get you to atleast crush on Chi-Chi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom