• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
White Tuxedo Bowsette, anybody?
That aside, this one is pretty good and a nice change of pace from the black dress.

Edit: First post on the next page? Good. Cause I just saw an image that made me lose will to sleep and I'll do the same to you guys too.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It’s my birthday today and I got xenoblade chronicles 2 torna country.

I don’t own the original game and torna is physical. Does it contain X2 as well? I presume it does but I’m not positive
Happy birthday Z!!!

I don’t know bout that question though, sorry.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

I don’t own the original game and torna is physical. Does it contain X2 as well? I presume it does but I’m not positive
Happy birthday man!

For your question, No, X2 isn't included with Torna, but the Expansion Pass for the original game is. So if you ever buy the main game, you won't have to pay the expansion pass.
That aside, this one is pretty good and a nice change of pace from the black dress.

Edit: First post on the next page? Good. Cause I just saw an image that made me lose will to sleep and I'll do the same to you guys too.
Finally, some scary waifu! Perfect for nightmare fuel!

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Happy Birthday, yo!

For a moment I thought in XCX2 despite it doesn't exist... yet.

Physical Torna just contains that story, you'll have to buy XC2 eventually if you want the full experience.

D

Deleted member

That's just Mordred with a tail tho

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Happy birthday man!

For your question, No, X2 isn't included with Torna, but the Expansion Pass for the original game is. So if you ever buy the main game, you won't have to pay the expansion pass.

Finally, some scary waifu! Perfect for nightmare fuel!
Happy Birthday, yo!

For a moment I thought in XCX2 despite it doesn't exist... yet.

Physical Torna just contains that story, you'll have to buy XC2 eventually if you want the full experience.
Thanks! I’ll have to go out and buy it sometime this week then!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I have no fear.
One fear. for real tho, she finally live up to her name.

D

Deleted member

Oh hey, have a happy birthday.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Emblemboards would have been even funnier if it happened when FEH already launched.

That way we could have **** on the users with a Bartre avi.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

At least Peach to Bowser is a little more creative in design.

In fact, Bowsette doesn’t really even resemble peach most of the time other than the clothing of course. But then again, I guess most artists don’t draw peach to look like peach anyway. She usually just looks like a random anime chick.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
At least Peach to Bowser is a little more creative in design.

In fact, Bowsette doesn’t really even resemble peach most of the time other than the clothing of course. But then again, I guess most artists don’t draw peach to look like peach anyway. She usually just looks like a random anime chick.
Just curious, is one of the reason you saying that is because of the ponytail haircut that Bowsette have?

'cuz while I can see your point for the rest (artists are going to take liberty when it come to really simple design), Peach did have a ponytail haircut in the gamecube era and most sports game, which I feel like goes well with Bowsette general vibe, along the fact that Bowser did have also a ponytail....as a skeleton and a baby, but still, he did have one too. It's one of the few part of Bowsette design I say combine both elements of the two character design to make a single one that does work for the new design, while the rest tend to be either only from either Peach or Bowser only. (The dress for Peach, Bowser horn, Peach colors eyes, etc..)

Ivander

Smash Legend
Just curious, is one of the reason you saying that is because of the ponytail haircut that Bowsette have?

'cuz while I can see your point for the rest (artists are going to take liberty when it come to really simple design), Peach did have a ponytail haircut in the gamecube era and most sports game, which I feel like goes well with Bowsette general vibe, along the fact that Bowser did have also a ponytail....as a skeleton and a baby, but still, he did have one too. It's one of the few part of Bowsette design I say combine both elements of the two character design to make a single one that does work for the new design, while the rest tend to be either only from either Peach or Bowser only. (The dress for Peach, Bowser horn, Peach colors eyes, etc..)
Peach still uses the ponytail quite commonly today. And she even used it in a mainline Mario game, being Super Mario 3D World where when she gets the Fire Flower or the Hammer Bros Suit, her hair goes into a ponytail.
I’m a bit disappointed my post last page got ignored but whatever.
The disadvantage of being near the bottom of the post. We've all suffered that at one point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It has nothing to do with the hairstyle. It's more so the face artstyle. Especially when Mario still has his cartoonish proportions, you know?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If all the old Dragon Quest games came to the Switch that would be great.

I’ve been wanting to play 1, 2, 3 and 9 recently

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I’m a bit disappointed my post last page got ignored but whatever.
If that make you feel better, alot of my post end up beign the last one on a page, so you aren't alone buddy.
Peach still uses the ponytail quite commonly today. And she even used it in a mainline Mario game, being Super Mario 3D World where when she gets the Fire Flower or the Hammer Bros Suit, her hair goes into a ponytail.

The disadvantage of being near the bottom of the post. We've all suffered that at one point.
Huh, forgot about 3D World, haha, but the Gamecube era was the one to start it, right?
It has nothing to do with the hairstyle. It's more so the face artstyle. Especially when Mario still has his cartoonish proportions, you know?
Ah, dissonance artstyle, right?

Yeah, alot of peoples use for comedy purpose, but I admit, lots of peoples don't try to make Mario too anime because, well, it just look weird since as you say, he is very cartoony, while Peach (and thus, Bowsette) go much more easily with a anime style due to hermore "normal" design (by that, I mean she isn't as cartoony as Mario is, her body is much more well-proportioned and thus, more "human"). It's not 100% impossible tho I say, I know some artist who can make Bowsette and Mario stand together and not feel too out of place, but it definitly take much more effort and a artstyle that is more "unique" compared to your average anime fanart.

So yeah, I can get why it can weird you out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If that make you feel better, alot of my post end up beign the last one on a page, so you aren't alone buddy.

Huh, forgot about 3D World, haha, but the Gamecube era was the one to start it, right?

Ah, dissonance artstyle, right?

Yeah, alot of peoples use for comedy purpose, but I admit, lots of peoples don't try to make Mario too anime because, well, it just look weird since as you say, he is very cartoony, while Peach (and thus, Bowsette) go much more easily with a anime style due to hermore "normal" design (by that, I mean she isn't as cartoony as Mario is, her body is much more well-proportioned and thus, more "human"). It's not 100% impossible tho I say, I know some artist who can make Bowsette and Mario stand together and not feel too out of place, but it definitly take much more effort and a artstyle that is more "unique" compared to your average anime fanart.

So yeah, I can get why it can weird you out.
It's still weird to me though as I always think of Peach's cartoony design to be exaggerated in specific aspects. Well, much like Mario. Like sexy doesn't really come to mind when I think of peach. It'd be like making mario a handsome bishounen. Which granted, would appeal more so to me. LMAO

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man I wish I could make a game, I have the premise and all that pretty much down. It’d play kinda similarly to a Zelda game.

The main character is a 14 year old girl named Whitney. She’s kinda a ****ty person. She basically when a child gets adopted by this town but as she gets older the people their become pretty apathetic towards her. While they herald this one guy as a hero and he’s kinda ****ty to her. The town she lives in is this hidden sacred village. At the point of the beginning of the game she’s pretty much had it and wants to leave when 3 nations that wanted to destroy this place find it and she escapes the place, while accidentally killing the hero and taking his stuff.

Pretty early it’s revealed she betrayed the place by telling those 3 nations where it is. Through the game she betrays them to the other nations too.

There’s 3 protagonists:
Whitney(the protagonist/secondary antagonist) is basically a ****tier version of me.
Persephone(the deuteragonist) is a mercenary for hire, and basically Obobo.
Henry(the tritagonist) is a wizard in training and the one sided love interest of Whitney. He’s basically Uni.

:p
Might as well quote it to this page so someone might actually read it?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's still weird to me though as I always think of Peach's cartoony design to be exaggerated in specific aspects. Well, much like Mario. Like sexy doesn't really come to mind when I think of peach. It'd be like making mario a handsome bishounen. Which granted, would appeal more so to me. LMAO
There is like so many characters you wouldn't think off that they are sexy, yet peoples find them something about them that appeal them, and then they exaggerate those traits to suit their taste even better.

Peach isn't what I call sexy, but she does look cute and beautiful enough to some that they would want to make her more sexy. But some don't do it because they don't want to change her character too much to suit their tastes. Bowsette doesn't have nearly as much of this problem due to being humanoid dragon-turtle, which typically give a more "fiercy" personality, which in turn, make it more easy for peoples to increase the fanservice by a level or two, because it fit more Bowsette design than Peach gentle and simple design (tho, it doesn't stop some to increase the fanservice for Peach, but that's the internet, you can't escape R34). Also, due to being her OC, while there is I say some points that need to followed when you make your own rendition of a OC, there is still more liberty for the artist to tweak and change the character for what they like, which is why Bowsette get the fanservce hammer more often.

All that being said, thanks for this discussion, while I like Bowsette and other Super Crown character, I have to admit that I was unsure if I only liked her for the fanservice, or for something else. Adn while I don't think I can deny fanservice is a part of why I like her (nobody would believe you if you liked a fanservice character for everything but the fanservice:cyclops:), I also think I like her due to how she can play off with other Mario character, especially Mario & Peach in that regard, yeah, sometime it's quit dull and predictable, but others, it's really funny and/or interesting how the tables changing can lead you to see characters in a different light. Espcially when it's just wholesome with little to no jokes or other elements to stop the flow of the scene.

So, first of all, I hope my post and my questions didn't weird you out lol, and second, thanks for helping me see better my feeling on Bowsette. I am a artist myself, so I must know what I really like if I want to share my work one day or another.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I gotta say...

I feel like Nintendo is cursing their own idea over this.
You gotta know this isn't what they expected.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I gotta say...

I mean, it still increased the interest for New Mario Bros Deluxe, sort of, and made more peoples buy the Switch if I am no mistaken.

They probably don't kow exactly what to do with it now, but I don't think they see it as straight-up bad either. beside Miyamoto, who is probably losing faith in humanity.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I gotta say...

If they didn’t they really underestimated their fans.
I don't think even the fans could've expected or anticipated this. I mean, they certainly didn't think of it first thing when the Crown was first announced as it was 6 days after the Direct that Bowsette happened. Or maybe they didn't think about the thought of Bowser or another character using the Crown because they were all into the conspiracies of the idea of Toadette becoming Peach, Peach was once a Toadette and all kinds of Game theory cringe-worth of conspiracies.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay folks, here is a tough question.

What are three things you want in a romantic partner that you feel are desires fairly unique to you.

D

Deleted member

I gotta say...

The funniest part, as mentioned before, is that actual idea, Peachette, has hardly any fanart. LMAO

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The funniest part, as mentioned before, is that actual idea, Peachette, has hardly any fanart. LMAO
Toadette isn't really that popular or iconic tbh, she is just kinda of there most of the part, a good chunk of the other Mario character are more interesting, so the artists decided to focus on them instead of Peachette. Mind you, it doesn't change the fact that Peachette was probably made to make Toadette more popular, yet, it only made the already popular one EVEN MORE popular, and that alone is hilarious, or sad to some, or both.:ultkrool:

That being said, it's bed time for me, so, have a good day here folks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom