• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

That's not its Dex Number. Joe explains it better here.
It doesn't matter what we classify it as. GameFreak considers it a mainline title. And hell, the only thing stopping the Orre games from being main series titles is due to being made by Genius Sonority. Otherwise they would absolutely count.
I still wouldn't call it Gen VII simply due to not having all exisitng Pokemon available and that has been the main thing in classificating Gens(Bonsly in Orre notwithstanding as promotional Mons are a common thing). Meltan is most definitely a tie in to Gen VIII though and when its actual Dex # is revealed, we'll be able to confirm it. unless they pull a Victini

"Generations" are social constructs fan-made terms anyways.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Smashboards April Fools' Day 2019: Everyone's profile pic is changed to Bowsette.

Yay or Nay?
Nope.

If I had to choose, I would take Eyesoreboards (that RGB Black and blue layout that is old as heck) over Bowsette.

D

Deleted member

I still wouldn't call it Gen VII simply due to not having all exisitng Pokemon available and that has been the main thing in classificating Gens(Bonsly in Orre notwithstanding as promotional Mons are a common thing). Meltan is most definitely a tie in to Gen VIII though and when its actual Dex # is revealed, we'll be able to confirm it. unless they pull a Victini

The terms are fan made for certain, but they definitely based on actual consistencies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Actually, it's an official classification thanks to Go. There are rewards you get for catching a certain number of Pokémon from a specific region, and those follow generations (as in, Houndour counts for Johto and not Kanto despite being caught in Kanto).

D

Deleted member

Actually, it's an official classification thanks to Go. There are rewards you get for catching a certain number of Pokémon from a specific region, and those follow generations (as in, Houndour counts for Johto and not Kanto despite being caught in Kanto).
That still won't answer what LGPE is though.
And considering we're far away from having Alola or Gen 8 in it, I wonder what Meltan will be classified as(probably nothing until its Gen is actually added in).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Why are there so many guests? I mean, I think I know why, but still.
Guests be like:

Nintenzone posting about leaks, a recently finished Nintendo Direct, and overall trying to have actual discussion: "I sleep"

Nintenzone mass posting fan art of and gushing over Bowser with boobs: "R E A L * * * *"

D

Deleted member

Guests be like:

Nintenzone posting about leaks, a recently finished Nintendo Direct, and overall trying to have actual discussion: "I sleep"

Nintenzone mass posting fan art of and gushing over Bowser with boobs: "R E A L * * * *"
Bowsette helps to fuel my depression. LMAO

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I think I'm going to go to the final area of Torna, go to the secret zone that peoples discovered, beat the final boss, and then continue kill the last golden boss until I get enough points.

On those words,
later partner.gif

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
And now every Mario character can be a waifu. And when every Mario character is a waifu....*insert Syndrome here*
So Syndrome is going to be a waifu too to prove his point?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Btw, who here is avoiding leaks for Ultimate? The one with big pro that might make them real?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So... has anyone else tried the Aetornoblade (I think that's how it's spelled) demo on Switch?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Finally, we are getting some balances.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
now this. This is adorable. Im down for this kinda crown change. this is what I wanted
As someone who is more of a Bowsette/Queen Boo fan (I know, shame on me), I agree with this, we need more Lord Peach art (this is how it's called on Danbooru). 'cuz the best Bowsette art are the one that are more wholesome side of thing, and seeing the princess and the king in the shoes of the others is a good way to get that kind of scenario.

In fact, here is more.

So if we can't decide whether to name the other one Bowsette or Peachowser or whatever, what are we going to name this one?
How about:

Bowser -> Peacher

Peach -> Beacher

?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
okay cool i finally beat breath of the wild with 100 hours on my belt

Combat's pretty nifty and nice. Lot of versatility in items and objects. While it does have echos of Ocarina's "wait and attack" system, some monsters having super armor switches things up a lot.

Overworld is, for the most part, also great. Lots to explore, even if it's barren for a while.

I'm a sucker for giant things, and the best boss fight I loved the most (I'm calling it a boss fight **** you) was taking out all the Malice on Naydra. A great test of your stamina and archery skills with something that's not moving too quick to where it's a waiting game but nothing too slow so that it's not a complete cake walk. The dragons were definitely breathtaking on my first sight.

Shrine puzzles can be a real challenge sometimes, and even if they're not they're really creative for what they're given. I also like some of the overworld stuff like using Cryonis to lift gates that are closed. Brilliant.

There is a lot I could put here or some obvious things I didn't mention, but I don't really have a reason to mention them. A lot of it is just good, and really only the bad is something that needs to be detailed on if you don't like something.

I'm not a fan of the voice acting. I mean, I never expected them to make Zelda have an English accent, but that's not the complaining. Some of the delivery is just really mediocre. I only found Daruk and Revali to be in that "oh hell yeah" type of category for voice acting, and I ****ing hate Revali. Some lines are too soft, some lines aren't emotional enough, this and that. It's passable, but nothing I'm on the edge of my seat for.

Korok Seeds are neat for some collectables and I guess they needed some way to motivate you to explore every nook and cranny of the world and/or give you an incentive to increase your slots. And that's fine, totally fine. But they way overdid it on the numbers. 900 is way too much. Even half that to 450, that's way too much. Now 210 (remember this is divisible by 3)? That's a lot, but it's certainly more manageable. Like how Egoraptor complained about finding an eye to whack, I'm complaining about finding a rock to pick up. It's honestly too much. I think some of the things presented were way cool to finding seeds. Like, the most mind-blowing thing that I ever saw was realizing that boiled eggs were in the game, and I learnt that by seeing how to make one to get a Korok seed. Things like that can be great teaching tools, but half the time it's just... rocks. Archery skills and stamina tests are also a favorite, but those also get kind of boring quick unless you have fun specific scenarios, which are definitely there. Plus the reward for all this **** is a giant Korok ****. Not really the best reward for going all out for these seeds. If the problem is that you have to pad out all of this field with not much content in it with seeds, maybe you should put actual content in it instead. There are a plethora of things like this. There are people out exploring giving you horse challenges, shield surfing, all sorts of things. If you have a vast field of nothing, except for maybe some enemies, bosses, and whatnot, it's not bad to

Next thing on my list are the Shrines. A lot of the Shrines are great, but what I don't like is that a bunch of them are the same combat trials with varying "difficulty". Once I got to a certain point in the game, not even the "Major" tests of strength were a challenge for me. Pillars, cryonis pillars, and magnesis blocks of pillars are certainly creative, but that's only 3 out of the 20 you're given. There are definitely more things that could be done and used. Like, say maybe there are archers with bomb arrows that you can't hit so that the "wait and attack" game can't be used, and then die when you beat the Guardian. Or maybe there are moving platforms that make traversing around the Guardian difficult, but the Guardian can just levitate because muh Sheikah tech and pursue you. The Blessings I feel are also overused in some places.

Overworld bosses run out of their charm quick. Talus and Hinox have literally no differences outside of color (sans the Stalnox, which I actually like as an idea). Molduga only shows up in two whole locations, that's my favorite one because it's the most challenge. If you're gonna give me variants, give me an actual difference between them. Like, maybe the regular Hinox has the Hinox weakness, but the blue Hinox is naturally blind and can only be hit when its eye opens as it has the small window of attacking, which has to put you in danger to make it vulnerable. Just an idea, I guess.

Then there's Ganon. Ganon sucks. A lot. I knew people said they were disappointed, and now it's my turn. Ganon is a husk of the person he once was. Not even an inch of personality, he's just screeches and goop from Mario Sunshine. I guess that's what they were going for, but it doesn't make it good. When you get all the champions said and done, he becomes piss easy because they halve his health. What would've made more sense IMO is that Ganon would've had some defense up that would've halved all your attacks even with the Master Sword, and that when combined they take down that shield and now it's not a ***** to hurt him a little bit. The only real difficult part is the phase where you have to reflect his beams. I had two Ancient Shields. Not even a challenge. When you're giving me enemies that hit like a truck and are way more difficult like Lynels (for their strength/versatility) and Stalkers (speedy slippery bois) in your castle and then you're not even as hard, I'm gonna be disappointed.

I also thought that Demon Beast Ganon was a joke. Just hit him with arrows and he goes byebye. If his attacks were hard to maneuver around, I'd say it was fine. But he breathes malice in one direction that takes like 5 seconds to even begin doing it. If you want a cinematic experience in your final bosses, great. But it's not bad to be a challenge when you've been faced with way harder stuff before. I'm completely surprised they didn't go with the route of the scrapped OoT Colossus Ganon especially with the fact that climbing was a new gimmick. The best boss fight to me will still always be WW Ganon. Perfect balance of cinematic and challenge.

Finally, the ending. It makes no sense to me because how the hell is Zelda still alive. They make it clear that the Hylians (and maybe Gerudo) live the lowest of life spans of the species in this world, and the old Sheikah are really the only ones still left. And Zelda pops up just as young as she was a century prior. When I saw her as a spirit, I thought "ah **** she got hit like the champions", but no, she's alive and well apparently for some unexplained reason. I don't get it at all. That's more a nitpick than the ugly but I still wanted to gripe about it.

8/10 for me fam, what do i waste my money on now

D

Deleted member

New Pokemon? Also what did I miss?
Good morning, perverts.
Good morning soldier.
I wish you all werent such horny dogs sometimes..

but everyday, you all are just horny dogs
Learn how to accept it.
Gotta be honest, this Bowsette **** is pretty nice; I prefer this over the newest dumb self harming challenge, randomgates, whatever Trump tweets and politics in general. The explosive response from the concept has buried that stuff. And while some will get tired of that (which is pretty understandable) the different representations of the character, either lewd, crazy or wholesome and the response of recognized artists joining the bandwagon is something pretty awesome to see.
I agree with all of this. Artists come together, and I love how there is not as much conflict.
Ridleyboards was the ritual we needed to make him playable. You think it was coincidence that he was made playable the same year as Ridleyboards? Them you are wrong.:ultridley:
Warchamp7 Warchamp7
GameFreak needs to bite the bullet and put Miror B. in another game.
Like in Gen 8 coming 2019?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
As someone who is more of a Bowsette/Queen Boo fan (I know, shame on me), I agree with this, we need more Lord Peach art (this is how it's called on Danbooru). 'cuz the best Bowsette art are the one that are more wholesome side of thing, and seeing the princess and the king in the shoes of the others is a good way to get that kind of scenario.

In fact, here is more.
God bless that good art of this exsists
200 (3).gif

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Bowser kidnaps Peach
>They put Super Crowns
>Mario arrives and gets confused at the role exchange.
>He puts another crown and transforms into Daisy
>Luigi randomly explodes

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man I wish I could make a game, I have the premise and all that pretty much down. It’d play kinda similarly to a Zelda game.

The main character is a 14 year old girl named Whitney. She’s kinda a ****ty person. She basically when a child gets adopted by this town but as she gets older the people their become pretty apathetic towards her. While they herald this one guy as a hero and he’s kinda ****ty to her. The town she lives in is this hidden sacred village. At the point of the beginning of the game she’s pretty much had it and wants to leave when 3 nations that wanted to destroy this place find it and she escapes the place, while accidentally killing the hero and taking his stuff.

Pretty early it’s revealed she betrayed the place by telling those 3 nations where it is. Through the game she betrays them to the other nations too.

There’s 3 protagonists:
Whitney(the protagonist/secondary antagonist) is basically a ****tier version of me.
Persephone(the deuteragonist) is a mercenary for hire, and basically Obobo.
Henry(the tritagonist) is a wizard in training and the one sided love interest of Whitney. He’s basically Uni.

:p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It’s my birthday today and I got xenoblade chronicles 2 torna country.

I don’t own the original game and torna is physical. Does it contain X2 as well? I presume it does but I’m not positive

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
>Bowser kidnaps Peach
>They put Super Crowns
>Mario arrives and gets confused at the role exchange.
>He puts another crown and transforms into Daisy
>Luigi randomly explodes
Wait a second, I got an idea!

After what you said, the real Daisy decide to put a Boo crown to become a Queen Boo, usurping the real one and kidnap Waluigi in the process due to the fact that Luigi exploded. Forcing Wario to rescue his brother/best buddy by going into an haunted castle, the name of the game being Wario Castle.

Pretty cool, right?
Hades-bad-joke.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom