• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
The latest Super episode dragged on for far too long (read: with what it teased and what it unveiled), but the various speeches and visual effects seen/heard here and there were great.

I saw the NEP and... we Yakuza now, guys!

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I've been playing that Edmond Dantes event in Fate/Grand Order thus far just to get those free Summon Tickets. The battles have been quite challenging thus far, and today I had to go up against Caster Gilles. When he showed up:

So I guess this Gilles de Rais must be the one from Fate/Zero universe since he wouldn't just say "COOL" out of nowhere. That was a word he learned from his master, Ryuunosuke.

On a different note, I got two more servants to Max Ascension: Anne Bonny & Mary Reed and Mordred.

My Strongest Saber is truly ready to shine now! ... After I give her some EXP cards that is.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Does anyone want to tell me your thoughts on Super Smash Brothers for Wii U? Fun game I would say so myself! :)
Roster - 11/10 (DREAMS ARE ****ING COMING TRUE, BOIS! :awesome:)
Gameplay - 8/10 (Actually pretty fun and without being so damn technical that I **** my pants just holding the controller like Melee)
Stages - 4/10 (Too much wasted potential, way too many ports, PAC-LAND is everything I hate about auto-scrollers taken up to 11)
Modes - 2/10 (Smash Tour, Tourneys are a downgrade compared to Melee/Brawl, replays can't be saved to a SD card, Stage Builder is sooooo limited)
Music - 5/10 (Pretty good overall but also ridiculously safe with most of the new being stripped straight from the original, a lot of repetitions in songs)
Menus - 1/10 (An absolute nightmare that makes no sense)
Online - 0/10 (Please fix your ****, Nintendo)

Last edited:
Does anyone want to tell me your thoughts on Super Smash Brothers for Wii U? Fun game I would say so myself! :)
Gameplay was pretty fun. Not perfect, but after the first few patches it became the most fun i've had in smash
Roster was awesome (mother****ing Cloud)
Stages were pretty great.
Being able to play online, and especially in For Glory, was awesome.
Modes were ****.

10/10
:061:

D

Deleted member

Smash 4 is a duality because it doesn't have Wonder-Red as a playable character but Jergingha Planetory Destruction Form is a song in the game so I'm torn.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Does anyone want to tell me your thoughts on Super Smash Brothers for Wii U?
  • Characters feel terrible to control because of higher landing lag, no momentum conservation, no movement options, and slower fall speeds
  • Too many characters resulting in zero dev time for playstyle nuance
  • 6 frames of delay no matter what your setup is
  • No predictions/defensive play because DI is weak as hell
  • No risk for recovery because of ledge mechanics
  • No SHFF laser
  • Visually dishonest hitboxes
  • Link, Zelda, and Ganon still hot garbage
  • Technically limited because its development is joined at the hip with the sub-par 3DS experience
  • Shulk mains ruined my life
  • Dearth of single player action
  • No beauty in the chaos of party modes
  • Items are either 100% useless or OHKO
  • Melee HD/4xM will be PM 2.0 thanks to the Melee omega-nerds
I guess some of the music is pretty good

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gameplay was pretty fun. Not perfect, but after the first few patches it became the most fun i've had in smash
Roster was awesome (mother****ing Cloud)
Stages were pretty great.
Being able to play online, and especially in For Glory, was awesome.
Modes were ****.

10/10
I agree 100%.
I like the game-play a lot. Not too easy but not too difficult. I am also thankful ledge trumping is gone, because that could be annoying.
I agree the roster and stages were awesome, and the games were awesome.
Online was amazing, especially with For Glory. I love destroying people in For Glory.
Since I am a Cloud main, I can agree that Cloud is awesome.
The balance was amazing as well.
  • Characters feel terrible to control because of higher landing lag, no momentum conservation, no movement options, and slower fall speeds
  • Too many characters resulting zero dev time for playstyle nuance
  • 7 frames of delay no matter what your setup is
  • No predictions/defensive play because DI is weak as hell
  • No risk for recovery because of ledge mechanics
  • No SHFF laser
  • Visually dishonest hitboxes
  • Link, Zelda, and Ganon still hot garbage
  • Technically limited because its development is joined at the hip with the sub-par 3DS experience
  • Shulk mains ruined my life
  • Dearth of single player action
  • No beauty in the chaos of party modes
  • Items are either 100% useless or OHKO
  • Melee HD/4xM will be PM 2.0 because of Melee omega-nerds
try hard :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yeah the roster is lacking in important characters so yeah.
TBH 99% of the time when people preface with that the characters end up being less important than even the clones were.

Like, the modes were definitely pretty weak and the only thing I know about balance is that people screech loud enough about it that it's too annoying for me to sympathize, but uh

no.

They shot for characters that were either from big selling games or were relevant without being toilet tier obscure and they scored. I mean, at the time the base roster was out, who was even important? And if you say K. Rool. . .hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaah

no.

There's like, all of five characters that would have been more important than like, Shulk I guess, and none of them are so important that the entire roster is in an infinite void for lacking them.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Playing Pokémon Glazed. It is... Really strange, but pretty cool so far.

Mew calling me an asshole though. :151:

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Wow that was very rude, thanks for that, I now know for next time I won't share my opinion.
I know I was a bit heavy on the snark, but I didn't even really snipe anyone other than K. Rool precisely because I wanted avoid being too much. Admittedly I might have crossed that line anyway.

I don't mind character support, I just don't think it should come at the expense of characters other people care about ("but the roster is bad" usually ends in that). Unless it's K. Rool, because the part of his fandom that went off the deep end went hog wild enough that I don't see why I can't make a few jokes about lighting him on fire and using him as a gator candle.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wow that was very rude, thanks for that, I now know for next time I won't share my opinion.
I'll bite if she won't.

Why do you think the roster was sub par?

It can always add more for sure but I think its pretty good.

D

Deleted member

I'll bite if she won't.

Why do you think the roster was sub par?

It can always add more for sure but I think its pretty good.
I agree one hundred percent, the roster was amazing.
58 characters ( Counting Miis ) is truly an amazing roster, plus I like all the characters in the roster. I hope they keep all of the characters in the Smash 4 Roster and add more instead. :)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
SSB4's roster is by far the largest and most diverse of all of the games. The only real thing its missing diversity-wise is :snake: and :popo:, otherwise its pretty darn good.

Oh and :younglinkmelee: imjustsaying

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nobody cares about :pichumelee: lol. Lets let Pichu not have to suffer in another Smash game. :troll:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Don't even know who that is. Go away.
That was the character that made one of the spectators at Nintendo NYC cry because they weren't announced during the last DLC broadcast.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ya'll are being kind of petty right now.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I ****ING HATE MY WI-FI!

EVERY SINGLE GAME CONSOLE I OWN IS NOW UNABLE TO LOG IN! SWITCH WAS THE ONE GODDAMN CONSOLE LEFT!

YET, EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS JUST FINE!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Edit: And of course, the second I say that, it gets the Wi-Fi again. God ****ing dammit...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I ****ING HATE MY WI-FI!

EVERY SINGLE GAME CONSOLE I OWN IS NOW UNABLE TO LOG IN! SWITCH WAS THE ONE GODDAMN CONSOLE LEFT!

YET, EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS JUST FINE!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Edit: And of course, the second I say that, it gets the Wi-Fi again. God ****ing dammit...
See, Switch is a good console. I feel sympathy for you though. :4myfriends:
To be fair, this all started with a petty comment lol
(no, not shiny before anyone gets the wrong idea)
I see a lot of people get the wrong idea about me. :lol:
Thanks for being correct about me, I did not start this.
Ya'll are being kind of petty right now.
I agree, lets all be nice to each other and be polite.
Puppies!

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom