• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
My SD card XC2 screenshots:
Menus: 22
Backgrounds: 158
Cutscenes: 937
Mythra Squatting: 5391
Boss Battles: 319
someone who is good at data management please help me budget this. my memory card is almost full

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I heard there was a Kirby Star Allies demo, but I don't see it on the eShop

It's not available in America yet?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo I could tell you were getting a little excited seeing that I started up the demo, so I figured I'd let you know I'm ordering a copy of Dragon Quest Builders, LOL.

I was JUST thinking a couple days ago how I was in the mood to play a game where I could build an entire town for stray named characters with a playstyle somewhere in-between Minecraft and Skyrim. This seems like it's at least somewhere in the ballpark of that. A demo long enough to actually let the game speak for itself is a good sign, too.

I want to get physical copies of whatever I can though (I need my SD card for update data and download-only games!), so don't expect me to dive into the full game until it has time to arrive.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo I could tell you were getting a little excited seeing that I started up the demo, so I figured I'd let you know I'm ordering a copy of Dragon Quest Builders, LOL.

I was JUST thinking a couple days ago how I was in the mood to play a game where I could build an entire town for stray named characters with a playstyle somewhere in-between Minecraft and Skyrim. This seems like it's at least somewhere in the ballpark of that. A demo long enough to actually let the game speak for itself is a good sign, too.

I want to get physical copies of whatever I can though (I need my SD card for update data and download-only games!), so don't expect me to dive into the full game until it has time to arrive.
Where’s my mention? I’m the biggest dragon quest fan here...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Where’s my mention? I’m the biggest dragon quest fan here...
TBH I don't even remember Dragon Quest being brought up here before Pumpaboo started talking about Builders, LOL.

I didn't leave you out on purpose, I swear!

D

Deleted member

Why is Kirby always angry in America? Does Dedede always beat him to the food every time it is to make box art?
Does anyone like my new profile picture? :D

So....uh.... what now?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Just realized that I reached 59k posts.

God, I have no life...

Why is Kirby always angry in America? Does Dedede always beat him to the food every time it is to make box art?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does anyone like my new profile picture? :D
I'm... honestly way out of the loop for Star Wars, so... yeah...

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I heard there was a Kirby Star Allies demo, but I don't see it on the eShop

It's not available in America yet?
Only in UK. Need a UK account.

Nope.avi

No word if 'Murica will get it (and I'm not making a European account for just a demo)
One of the advantages of a European account is that just about every game has a video trailer to watch when searching games in addition to the screen shots. A lot of games on the American eShop lack videos for some reason. I just chalk it up to laziness.

D

Deleted member

Happy Breath of the Wild day.
OPO PUT THAT IN THE TITLE RIGHT NOW PLEASE.
I love Botw, it really did deserve it's game of the year! My young sister played that game for like almost six hundred hours I think, she loves that game more than I do.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Nah.

I've fallen too deep into my own failures. :p
No no no.... Let me teach you a lesson.
Learn to try to escape the wrath of the internet lord who is controlling your life.

Once when you do, go outside more! Get a nice job and a nice family if you want to and wal-a! A good life! It is hard to have a good life these days, but all you got to do is try.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
D

Deleted member

"Wrath of the internet lord"

Do you even know what you're talking about? :laugh:
I DO, YOU ARE LETTING THE DARN INTERNET CONTROL YOU TOO MUCH.
Not during winter lol

It's cold as ****!
I can see what you mean. Just read a book for once in a while. Read To Kill a Mockingbird.
Already kinda have that
Oh. If you are fired, get a nice job that gives you a lot of money and that you feel comfortable with.
I said that was optional you goofball.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I DO, YOU ARE LETTING THE DARN INTERNET CONTROL YOU TOO MUCH.
... I wasn't taling about Internet stuff...

I can see what you mean. Just read a book for once in a while. Read To Kill a Mockingbird.
I'LL READ WHAT I WANT!

Oh. If you are fired, get a nice job that gives you a lot of money and that you feel comfortable with.
You're way too optimistic...

I said that was optional you goofball.
It's not that... It's just...

Forget this.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
There was a problem fetching the tweet

*blinds everyone with glare*

For some reason I couldn't figure out how to take a picture properly, but I wanted this for the memories. . .or somethin'.

Chrono.

I have a lot of games on Switch but my only physical copies are: BotW, Odyssey and, last but not least, Sonic Forces.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So here's a question for all of you:

What is your opinion on tsunderes? Do you like them or dislike them?

If you like them, who are some of your favorite tsunderes?

Do you have any tsunderes you consider to be well-written? Any you consider to not be well-written?

I'll give my two cents later.
I now have the time to post my thoughts.

I generally like tsunderes. Initially, they can get on my nerves when they act very snappy and rude, especially early on, but later on, I tend to appreciate them when they show their kind and softer side, especially when it's done through good character development. To me, a good tsundere is one that strikes a good balance between the two traits of the character trope and not the kind where the one or the other trait gets overused. Another aspect I look for in tsunderes is when the tsundere characteristic is not the defining point of the character and there is much more to the character that meets the eye.

That being said, one of my favorite tsunderes has to be Rin Tohsaka from the Fate series. She has many of the classic traits of the average tsundere, but I feel like she strikes a good balance between the two sides of the trope. She also never gets too violent when being tsun, and she never overly sweet when being dere. There's also a lot more to her character that meets the eye. We know her backstory regarding how she was raised to be a proper mage and fulfill her family's duty in the Holy Grail War, and we see her acting like a nice mentor figure for Shiro by telling him about the Holy Grail War in the three routes of Fate/Stay Night.

My favorite tsundere, and also one that I consider to be very well-written for her trope, is Makise Kurisu. The main heroine of Steins; Gate, Kurisu has tsundere traits like a harsh side but also a sweet and caring side to her as well. Most of her harsh personality is seen early into the show when she gets annoyed with Okabe's chuunibyou tendencies, but we see much less of that later on in the show, to the point she even appreciates Okabe for having that side to him.

What I like about Kurisu the most, though, is that her tsundere personality is NOT the focal point of her character. It's more of a side thing at best; she never takes her tsundere characteristics to the extreme, and when they do show up, it's done in a cute way and not in the eye-rolling fashion. She has much more to her character that goes beyond "being tsundere." She's loyal, wise, curious, and very smart. She's a genius scientist who wants to find the answers regarding time travel and lend a hand to her friends when they need her help. She also develops a very believable and sweet romance with Okabe later into the show, one of the best relationships I've seen in anime for that matter. In all, I'd argue Kurisu is a tsundere done right.

As for tsunderes I dislike... this one's going to be an unpopular opinion, but one tsundere I dislike is Severa/Selena from the Fire Emblem series. In fact, I consider her to be a tsundere done wrong. From the support conversations and the other dialogue I read of her, she acts way too rude and snappy with a lot of people she interacts with. If anything, it makes come across more of an unpleasant person. Yes, I am aware this aspect about her is toned down in Fates, and I do know her backstory why she acts the way she does, but still, I just can't bring myself to like her.

Chrono.

As for tsunderes I dislike... this one's going to be an unpopular opinion, but one tsundere I dislike is Severa/Selena from the Fire Emblem series. In fact, I consider her to be a tsundere done wrong. From the support conversations and the other dialogue I read of her, she acts way too rude and snappy with a lot of people she interacts with. If anything, it makes come across more of an unpleasant person. Yes, I am aware this aspect about her is toned down in Fates, and I do know her backstory why she acts the way she does, but still, I just can't bring myself to like her.
Severa always felt like an anime archetype rather than actual character.

Which is unfortunately something that kinda plagues Awakening in general (not to the point of it being awful aside of some bad eggs like Severa.)

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
From what I've read somewhere, it's mainly because Nintendo of America wants to give a bit more edge to Kirby so that people won't get the image the Kirby series are purely a kiddie game...

...and then you play some of the Kirby games like Planet Robobot and realize the Kirby games can get pretty dark.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Most of my Switch library is physical.
In general, I feel better having a physical copy of a game than a digital copy, unless the game is digital only.
The only real exception that I've made to that is Crash N. Sane Trilogy, and that was only because I didn't find a physical copy.
I also haven't gotten around to playing it yet but that's besides the point.

Also, since I didn't do it earlier, he's my top 20 Pokemon from the Pokemon sorter.
I don't really think about my top 20 Pokemon much, but I'm satisfied with how it turned out.
I tried to not repeat evolutionary lines but Growlithe managed to show up at the end anyway but that's fine.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
So I finally have gotten the last 3 DLC Fighters.

:4cloud:Is fun to play has and I enjoy is stage, my only girip with him is that his limit Break takes just a little too much time to change up but other than that he's basically a faster version of :4myfriends:with a projectile.

:4corrinf:Is easily my favorite due to her Smash attacks being so good and her Dragon Shot is just the icing on the cake, plus that fact that she's a dragon just makes me like her more.

:4bayonetta: Is the hardest to use but is still pretty good, I just need to learn her more to get the results I want.

Also got the Takamaru Mii Outfit because I need to show my boy support for getting into the next game.

D

Deleted member

So I finally have gotten the last 3 DLC Fighters.

:4cloud:Is fun to play has and I enjoy is stage, my only girip with him is that his limit Break takes just a little too much time to change up but other than that he's basically a faster version of :4myfriends:with a projectile.
-uh oh, my triggered side is flowing in me-
HOW DARE YOU SAY CLOUD IS A BETTER IKE? CLOUD IS NOT A BETTER IKE AT ALL AND YOU NEED TO LEARN MORE ABOUT SMASH BROTHERS YOU KNUCKLEHEAD. IKE IS WAY TOO DIFFERENT FROM CLOUD. HERE IS A POST THAT CAN ACTUALLY HELP:
If you view the hitbox viewer, Cloud's b-air hitbox is only slightly bigger than Ike's (hitbox doesn't even cover the tip of the Cloud's sword). Also the power of Ike's b-air isn't just slightly greater, it basically kills 20% earlier, on top of coming out on a much earlier frame (frame 7 > Cloud's 11).

The main reason Cloud's b-air is good is because it belongs to a character with a quick jump squat and high air mobility. Otherwise there's a bunch of other b-airs he would be even more effective with.
Sorry for yelling at you gravitypuff, I had to show my emphasis. :laugh:
:4corrinf:Is easily my favorite due to her Smash attacks being so good and her Dragon Shot is just the icing on the cake, plus that fact that she's a dragon just makes me like her more.
Corrin is fun indeed, it is just she is hard to use for me. Cosmos is a good Corrin inspiration if you are more into her.
:4bayonetta: Is the hardest to use but is still pretty good, I just need to learn her more to get the results I want.
[/QUOTE]
This character is the only character that gives me a hard time on For Glory. Bayonetta should not be banned though.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
-uh oh, my triggered side is flowing in me-
HOW DARE YOU SAY CLOUD IS A BETTER IKE? CLOUD IS NOT A BETTER IKE AT ALL AND YOU NEED TO LEARN MORE ABOUT SMASH BROTHERS YOU KNUCKLEHEAD. IKE IS WAY TOO DIFFERENT FROM CLOUD. HERE IS A POST THAT CAN ACTUALLY HELP:
Well, technically speaking, Cloud is a faster, more mobile version of Ike. Both of them are also people wielding two-handed sword and packing quite a punch, so the similarities are there.

He has a projectile too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ike is to Cloud what Brawl Ganon is to Captain Falcon except with 0% of the disrespect.

D

Deleted member

Well, technically speaking, Cloud is a faster, more mobile version of Ike. Both of them are also people wielding two-handed sword and packing quite a punch, so the similarities are there.

He has a projectile too.
Ike is to Cloud what Brawl Ganon is to Captain Falcon except with 0% of the disrespect.
:facepalm:
As a competitive smash brother, let me explain this.
Captain Falcon and Ganondorf in Brawl are indeed the same, but Cloud and Ike are nowhere near the same. Ike is just too different to even be considered a semi-clone at all. Cloud's air attacks look the same, but a good portion of Ike's moves are different. Ike also plays much more differently than Cloud does, trust me.

I do agree with Opossum that the competitive smash community can be bad though.

D

Deleted member

I'm not even talking about clones, what?
There's basically no reason to use Ike over Cloud when the latter is faster, stronger and has more range alongside a projectile. Not to mention Limit Break.
Only thing Ike has over Cloud is a better recovery and a counter.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
:facepalm:
As a competitive smash brother, let me explain this.
Captain Falcon and Ganondorf in Brawl are indeed the same, but Cloud and Ike are nowhere near the same. Ike is just too different to even be considered a semi-clone at all. Cloud's air attacks look the same, but a good portion of Ike's moves are different. Ike also plays much more differently than Cloud does, trust me.

I do agree with Opossum that the competitive smash community can be bad though.
We're not saying the two are clones.

We're saying the two fall under the similar "two-handed sword" archetype, which leads to them having some similarities in how they play, but not the moveset themselves.

Ivander

Smash Legend
From what I've read somewhere, it's mainly because Nintendo of America wants to give a bit more edge to Kirby so that people won't get the image the Kirby series are purely a kiddie game...

...and then you play some of the Kirby games like Planet Robobot and realize the Kirby games can get pretty dark.
The Kirby games always had an edge of darkness. For the longest time in Kirby games except for the original Dreamland, just about all of the final bosses have always been very different from standard enemies. Like, even if some did fit Kirby's setting more than others, they would always transform into something very un-Kirby-like later.
And then you had Kirby's Dreamland 3 which really tipped the grotesque scale. I mean, besides Dark Matter and Zero, you had Whispy Woods' 2nd form, where he decided to have his roots become crawly legs and his face goes from his curious self to something that looks like it wants to eat your heart, and King Dedede's 2nd form, where his stomach becomes a gaping mouth.
With Planet Robobot, rather than dark images, it has a dark backstory and lore compared to past games which weren't really story-driven or had any notable lore. But Kirby having dark moments or even grotesque designs hiding under it's cutesy look isn't anything new for the series in general.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom