• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Am I cute?

Even with my big manly everything?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh!

Mod broke a rule!
You act cute. All of you act cute in a way except for me. When I come in, I either act crazy or edgy. You all act cute.
Reporting in from For Glory Hell.

I really hate lag when I encounter it. It makes movement options a lot harder than they should be.
Cyn deleted her post.

It's a coverup!

WE GOT CONSPIRACY!!!!!!
It is right in front of there, what if she is trying to mess with your innocent mind?

Last edited by a moderator:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I really hate lag when I encounter it. It makes movement options a lot harder than they should be.
You don't know the half of it, buddy.

Imagine your neutral game is built on intricate use of both projectiles and the disjointed hitboxes of a weapon, tailored toward whichever your opponent is less capable of dealing with...but you can't use them properly because you can barely react to whatever they do.

Imagine your disjoint zoning is reliant on nailing early autocancels to make your aerials safe on block when spaced, something that ordinarily isn't too difficult...but the timing on your inputs are randomly delayed at an interval that changes with each opponent or even each match.

To say no less of getting stuck on your worst stage 100% of the time.

Add them together and you get a tactician who gets utterly dunked on by bad connections in a way few other characters are. Between that and being so rare that people rarely see competent ones in action, it's no wonder so many assume Robin sucks and believe anyone who claims otherwise deserves to be mocked.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am going to go soon, good bye SmashBoards!

Imagine your neutral game is built on intricate use of both projectiles and the disjointed hitboxes of a weapon, tailored toward whichever your opponent is less capable of dealing with...but you can't use them properly because you can barely react to whatever they do.

Imagine your disjoint zoning is reliant on nailing early autocancels to make your aerials safe on block when spaced, something that ordinarily isn't too difficult...but the timing on your inputs are randomly delayed at an interval that changes with each opponent or even each match.

Add them together and you get a tactician who gets utterly dunked on by bad connections in a way few other characters are. Between that and being so rare that people rarely see competent ones in action, it's no wonder so many assume Robin sucks and believe anyone who claims otherwise deserves to be mocked.
I get what your mean ( I have been in a competitive analysis thread for a while so I get it ) Lag can really frustrate you, because it does ruin your neutral and zoning indeed. Moves will act weird ( forward tilts could be forward smashes ). People do rely on FG too much for coverage, but if they did not use FG all characters would feel faster. The reason why Robin gets undersold hard is probably because of his/her very low results and people just not taking time to fully understand the character. Nairo should use his Robin more, he actually makes a good Robin that relies more on air attacks rather than projectiles.

D

Deleted member

This is why I stopped playing Smash 4, or at least, part of the reason.

But overall, it just made the game less fun, and more frustrating than anything else.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Come on, give it a try. Just one episode? :bee:
The first episode is three minutes long, go watch that.
If you said "no" to the holding hand part, that makes sense.
You all are wimps, learn to be less scardey cats and just "do it". What if you are all stranded and you are too scared to reach the food but it will help you survive?
D-Did I just get roasted by a child?

... I need to rethink my life.

Yeah, but at least Shiny actually sticks with a Mafia game for more than a few hours without ragequitting. :troll:
supahotfire.gif

. . .maybe this is just a terminology thing but
Lancer from Zero is basically split between two masters. One for mana and one for command seals

Not too sure how this plays out since im only on like episode 9.
:061:
Not well at all...

I am not trying to act cute, but who wants to read me a bedtime story? Must be a long enlightened book.
I know I'm late, but...

D

Deleted member

If I roast someone, what happens to their soul? :thinking:
\(°|°)/

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I absolutely despise the word "cute", and I refuse to use it. Nowadays, people, girls especially, use it to mean whatever they want.

(sees a handsome guy)
"Man, he's cute."
(sees a little puppy)
"Awww! So cute."
(sees a tiny car)
"That car is cute!"
(sees a pink house)
"It's so cute!"
(goes in house and sees a chair)
"Man, that's cute!"

D

Deleted member

I absolutely despise the word "cute", and I refuse to use it. Nowadays, people, girls especially, use it to mean whatever they want.

(sees a handsome guy)
"Man, he's cute."
(sees a little puppy)
"Awww! So cute."
(sees a tiny car)
"That car is cute!"
(sees a pink house)
"It's so cute!"
(goes in house and sees a chair)
"Man, that's cute!"
Cute post. :troll:

\(°|°)/

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
The reason why Robin gets undersold hard is probably because of his/her very low results and people just not taking time to fully understand the character. Nairo should use his Robin more, he actually makes a good Robin that relies more on air attacks rather than projectiles.
Well...thing is, on a regional level, Robin doesn't do half bad considering his representation. It's the lack of national Top 8s and Twitch clip moments to catch people's attention that have been causing issues, not to mention a mix of comfirmation bias and sheer amount of news leading people to forget what he does do nationally within a week.

Do you remember when Ke-ya got 33rd at Smash Con last year and beat Larry Lurr?

See what I mean?

And even a lot of top players don't really understand how Robin works as a character. I still remember ZeRo's video about how to beat each character, and for Robin he recommended "using the gaps between projectiles". With the example being short hop airdodging to get around and punish a standing Arcfire in neutral.

To give you an idea, "Arcfire in neutral" has basically become a Robincord meme because of how much of a rookie mistake it is. Though it looks like a walling tool at a glance, Arcfire is actually a situational trap designed to keep advantage states going! It's for trapping landings, pressuring opponents with their backs to the ledge, and covering getup options, to be used only sparingly in neutral. But to anyone with a less intricate understanding, it looks like a bad walling tool and nothing else, "proof" the character can't measure up.

If you think I'm crazy, check out the description of Robin's alt trophy. It specifically recommends using Arcfire as ledge pressure. The game itself tells you it's an advantage state tool, and yet it's just assumed otherwise!

I could go on for longer, but this isn't the place for it and I'm kinda tired.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Lol, I think you're all looking way too deeply into it. It's just the Little Red tale incorporated into a singular character for a "transforming character" mechanic.

Nin-Nin and Neon Knight have by far been the most popular of the 8 whenever I've posted that roster around in other forums. NK for the obvious Kamen Rider reference. Nin-Nin I guess cause you can't go wrong with a catgirl. Her popularity is part of the reason we revolved the 2nd one shot around her.

Also, here, have a chibi catgirl:

View attachment 137761

Man, I can't think of anything better. At least for now. It's a dilemma, as his design is inspired by:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sha_Wujing

From a Journey to the West. Monk Sand is one of the names he's been referred as. But that's a reference to a side name, to a side character, of a book most westerners haven't read. So I feel it'll go over most people's heads, and idk if Asian fans would get it or not.

We're still going through with making the manga. I'm still waiting to the contest results, which are slated for this Spring. So next month I reckon. But regardless of the results, we're still going through with it. The idea is really solid, and we've put a lot of time and effort into prepping it. The idea is to launch the first chapter in June, assuming we don't get into Shounen Jump. Medibang has a partnership program, for which we can most definiitelly qualify given the quality of our work. So if we can get into a situation where we're getting paid per page by a publisher, and we can get royalties, then we're in a good postition to really push it hard.

Currently I'm fleshing out the first chapter. Here's some concept art:
View attachment 137762
View attachment 137763

Sadly, I've got an image limit of 3 uploads, otherwise I would have posted some environment stuff as well. Story's set in modern day Tokyo though.

I also have every intention of making a game out of the fighting game side of things. I've got a 30+ page document detailing mechanics and such, and full reference sheets for all the fighting game characters that go into their movesets, and animations and stuff.

I even know how I'd make it. Game characters would be hand drawn 2D, on backgrounds that are 3D mixed with 2D. So think Skullgurls and Blazblue. For animation I'd use Spine:

I've been playing around with the program, getting a good handle of it. Spine is interesting too, as it speeds up the animation process considerably, while still giving you that 2D look if you know what you're doing. So I can get something that looks as good as DBFZ or Skullgirls, with a fraction of the effort thanks to Inverse Kinematics. I'll probably be posting gifs around here once I start replication ArcSys and Smash character in 2D for practice. I think people might like those.

Also, my brother is going through and learning C++. Making a game is a long process, but I reckon it's a good 3ish years before the manga really starts to pick up in popularity. Giving us a good window to build a prototype. Especially since I can only do the game stuff on the side, as making a manga is a lot of work as is.

But Bridget is cannonically a boy, lol.

Which also reminds me of the first time I discovered Guilty Gear. We were at a friends house, and someone had brought over this "weird Japanese PS2 fighting game" that was supposed to be really "hard core" so we popped it in after playing some Melee. As they were going at it, I was flipping through the manual, and looking at all the characters. And then saw Bridget, to which I commented, "hey, this girl is pretty cute, Bridget isn't it?"

And my friend replied, Bridget's a boy.

Needless to say, my 15 year old mind was stunned.

And to think that years later, GG would remain one of my all time favorite fighting game franchises, and would even go onto inspire Tiger Square.
Looking at your art makes me wish I stuck with drawing. Alice looks like a character I'd enjoy using along with Onigiri.

D

Deleted member

FEH won yet another game awards so we get 20 Orbs and 2018 feathers. I wonder if I'll ever be able to get my feathers at a multiple of 5 again...
>March Quests are up
"Oh man, free stu--"
>Prison Tower started on F/GO
Time to speedrun London like a madman

D

Deleted member

Looking at your art makes me wish I stuck with drawing. Alice looks like a character I'd enjoy using along with Onigiri.
Thanks.

It's a long road to get to a decent level, but I think I'm at a point where I can really enjoy what I draw, since what I see in my head can come out as I see it, and sometimes experimenting with new techinques and stuff can be quite fun. I'd still say I have ways to go, but at least he biggest hurdle is behind me I think. Anyway, here have some more:

Urban Practice 1.png Jin.jpg

And yeah, Alice is probably the most interesting character to me, mechanically speaking. Her fighting style is partially inspired by Bloodborne. She basically swings that heavy wheel around, and has a couple moves where she can "yo-yo" it for some ranged normals. She's mostly a slow, defensive-based fighter with charge inputs for specials. What's cool about her though, is that she's got a Secondary meter for her "sanity" persay, which atm I'm calling bloodlust. Basically, when she deals damage using her wheel, she collects her opponent's blood (she's a red witch - blood magik). Collecting more blood, makes her more aggressive, and her normals deal more damage, however, she can also use that meter to use more powerful versions of her special attacks, so it's a trade off. What's really cool though, is that once her Bloodlust meter maxes out, she totally loses control, and transforms into the wolf form, which completely flips the script in terms of playstyle. Very aggressive, very fast, has a lot of stun resistance, etc... She stays in that form draining the meter, till it goes back to zero. The transformation is also involuntary, so she's interesting in that she's a very technical character that requires a lot of proper balancing to use the Wolf form when it's most convenient.

She's cool. She shows up rather early in the manga, as the first "Real Match" between Rika using Nin-Nin, and someone else using Rosenrot, to kinda showcase what the fights in this manga will be all about. That sort of Naruto/HxH esque way that fights are written where two opponents keep trying to outsmart each other and stuff. I'm excited to get to that point, as that fight will be a lot of fun to write. I think the match up between a fast and "sneaky" Rushdown/Ninja archetype, and a defensive turtle with a surprising gimmick opens a lot of doors for an interesting fight.

Here's some rough concepts for Alice's alt costumes btw:

Alice Rosenrot Costumes.jpg

Every character more or less has a unique gameplay gimmick to them. Like, Nin-Nin can create copies of herself, Neon Knight has a lot of Time control type stuff, like being able to knock of seconds from the timer for a faster time out, and a very high-risk high-reward Guard Cancel that freezes the opponent in time for a while, which suits his glass cannon playstyle, FenFang has high mobility, multiple air dashes, and can fly, and she's very good a gimping with ringouts, Monk Sand can "inflate" his limbs a la Luffy Gear 3rd, etc...

And this is just the first 8, there are more in the pipeline. But essentially, the game's mechanics and roster are the manga's power system, like Nen in HxH or Naruto's Chakra.

Everyone in this thread last Night:

Remember that one time I pretended to be a girl on here, and people took the bait?

D

Deleted member

You had one ****ing job
you had one job.PNG

\(°|°)/

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Thanks.

It's a long road to get to a decent level, but I think I'm at a point where I can really enjoy what I draw, since what I see in my head can come out as I see it, and sometimes experimenting with new techinques and stuff can be quite fun. I'd still say I have ways to go, but at least he biggest hurdle is behind me I think. Anyway, here have some more:

View attachment 137766 View attachment 137767

And yeah, Alice is probably the most interesting character to me, mechanically speaking. Her fighting style is partially inspired by Bloodborne. She basically swings that heavy wheel around, and has a couple moves where she can "yo-yo" it for some ranged normals. She's mostly a slow, defensive-based fighter with charge inputs for specials. What's cool about her though, is that she's got a Secondary meter for her "sanity" persay, which atm I'm calling bloodlust. Basically, when she deals damage using her wheel, she collects her opponent's blood (she's a red witch - blood magik). Collecting more blood, makes her more aggressive, and her normals deal more damage, however, she can also use that meter to use more powerful versions of her special attacks, so it's a trade off. What's really cool though, is that once her Bloodlust meter maxes out, she totally loses control, and transforms into the wolf form, which completely flips the script in terms of playstyle. Very aggressive, very fast, has a lot of stun resistance, etc... She stays in that form draining the meter, till it goes back to zero. The transformation is also involuntary, so she's interesting in that she's a very technical character that requires a lot of proper balancing to use the Wolf form when it's most convenient.

She's cool. She shows up rather early in the manga, as the first "Real Match" between Rika using Nin-Nin, and someone else using Rosenrot, to kinda showcase what the fights in this manga will be all about. That sort of Naruto/HxH esque way that fights are written where two opponents keep trying to outsmart each other and stuff. I'm excited to get to that point, as that fight will be a lot of fun to write. I think the match up between a fast and "sneaky" Rushdown/Ninja archetype, and a defensive turtle with a surprising gimmick opens a lot of doors for an interesting fight.
I was about to ask if you took inspiration from the Logarius Wheel, it's actually one of my favourite weapons in Bloodborne next to the Holy Moonlight Sword, Burial Blade and Beasthunter Saif. Alice herself sounds interesting even though I don't play that many charge characters.

Here's some rough concepts for Alice's alt costumes btw:

View attachment 137768
I know the inspiration behind the 1st costume but I still think the trousers look a bit too baggy, still like it though. 2nd reminds me of an anime character and the 3rd costume looks cute.

Remember that one time I pretended to be a girl on here, and people took the bait?
I remember that. That was a funny experience. :laugh:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-458

I wanna test and see if anyone's brave enough to click this after the terror over the SCP Foundation last night, LOL.

For the record, it's a pizza box that instantly contains your favorite pizza when you hold it. That's all it does. No catch. Not even like the batch of cakes they put under Keter. They put the pizza box in one of their staff canteens, LOL.

These rare innocent SCPs from the early days before the SCP Foundation writing community got more stiff are just the best. I love the concept of things that are just anomolous and not on the verge of wrecking the world or anything. Sometimes a box of your favorite pizza is just a box of your favorite pizza.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
We're now in March and much closer to Nintendo's "Early March" time frame for using My Nintendo coins to buy stuff of the Switch eShop.

Finally my huge pile of coins will be actually spent on something for once.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Day 45: I have gained the Mordred's trust. They suspect nothing.
View attachment 137776
Well, 2 of them at least.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-458

I wanna test and see if anyone's brave enough to click this after the terror over the SCP Foundation last night, LOL.

For the record, it's a pizza box that instantly contains your favorite pizza when you hold it. That's all it does. No catch. Not even like the batch of cakes they put under Keter. They put the pizza box in one of their staff canteens, LOL.

These rare innocent SCPs from the early days before the SCP Foundation writing community got more stiff are just the best. I love the concept of things that are just anomolous and not on the verge of wrecking the world or anything. Sometimes a box of your favorite pizza is just a box of your favorite pizza.
If we want some more innocent and fascinating ones:
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-539
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-914
That being said, some of the things they tried with those two certainly gave me a good laugh.

D

Deleted member

When you continue an RPG after you haven't touched it in 2 months
tenor.gif

^that's me playing Golden Sun right now

\(°|°)/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom