• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm the same way about the SCP Foundation. I mean, I'm older, but I'm also insanely jumpy and cry at the drop of a hat.

SCP Foundation. . .isn't really scary. I mean, I like the sweet, innocent SCPs that they're deliberately trying to curb because SRS BSNS better [No Fun Allowed Sign goes here], but I mean. . .even the "scary" stuff isn't scary. It's just more fascinating than anything. I don't get what's so unsettling about it that people consider it horror. I mean OK there's world ending monstrosities here and text descriptions of viscera there and things that can kill you if you look at them wrong (or don't), but honestly? I've seen video game creepypasta about a freaking Godzilla game that made my skin crawl more.

SCP Foundation ain't creepy, it's SCIENCE! :p
I think SCP is more of a diversity thing rather than straight creepypasta. And SCP isn't meant to be scary in the sense of say, like Aliens, Nightmare on Elm Street, etc. It's more to make you unsettled at how very little you know about them and when you think you've seen everything, you end up wrong and what it does unsettles you.
Like SCP-096. You're not supposed to creep out at simply the idea that seeing it's face will make it kill you and that it's capable of swimming to the bottom of the ocean and ripping through submarine walls just to kill one person who saw it's face. Rather, it's when you find out that all you need for it to even remotely hunt you down is to see "Four ******* Pixels" on a picture.
Seriously, doesn't the idea unsettle you that you could look at one of your old family backyard photos and you wouldn't even know that you just triggered a monstrosity and you need to ask yourself Why he was activated as he wasn't in the photo, but he actually was because his face was literally only Four Pixels on your photo? And that you not only just doomed yourself, but potentially everybody in your town and that even the soldiers would have to kill everybody to ensure that no one who has seen it's face is living?

That being said, I like to think of SCP as a mix between mystery and creepypasta. As some of the profiles show, not even the Foundation knows everything until they find out by accident, like what happened with SCPs like 093 or 1048. So you have a combination of both mystery and unsettling nature simply because you don't know everything about them and you don't know what they can do. And it's fascinating to learn about what they can do and what they show.
Than you have some that are really awe-inspiring, especially the worldly SCPs. I highly recommend 093, as that is an amazing combination of mystery, awe-inspiring, unsettling and adventure and it actually got my heart pumping.
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-093
The stories are in the "Tests".
I remember reading the TVTropes page on SCP, and read that it was all free to use except for one photo of one of the SCPs. Out of curiosity I clicked it.

I can't even describe what the photo even was, but something about it unsettled me enough to not delve further into it...
Think back. I actually want to see if you can describe so I can identify it and possibly agree with your notion.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think SCP is more of a diversity thing rather than straight creepypasta. And SCP isn't meant to be scary in the sense of say, like Aliens, Nightmare on Elm Street, etc. It's more to make you unsettled at how very little you know about them and when you think you've seen everything, you end up wrong and what it does unsettles you.
Like SCP-096. You're not supposed to creep out at simply the idea that seeing it's face will make it kill you and that it's capable of swimming to the bottom of the ocean and ripping through submarine walls just to kill one person who saw it's face. Rather, it's when you find out that all you need for it to even remotely hunt you down is to see "Four ******* Pixels" on a picture.
Seriously, doesn't the idea unsettle you that you could look at one of your old family backyard photos and you wouldn't even know that you just triggered a monstrosity and you need to ask yourself Why he was activated as he wasn't in the photo, but he actually was because his face was literally only Four Pixels on your photo? And that you not only just doomed yourself, but potentially everybody in your town and that even the soldiers would have to kill everybody to ensure that no one who has seen it's face is living?

That being said, I like to think of SCP as a mix between mystery and creepypasta. As some of the profiles show, not even the Foundation knows everything until they find out by accident, like what happened with SCPs like 093 or 1048. So you have a combination of both mystery and unsettling nature simply because you don't know everything about them and you don't know what they can do. And it's fascinating to learn about what they can do and what they show.
Than you have some that are really awe-inspiring, especially the worldly SCPs. I highly recommend 093, as that is an amazing combination of mystery, awe-inspiring, unsettling and adventure and it actually got my heart pumping.
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-093
The stories are in the "Tests".

Think back. I actually want to see if you can describe so I can identify it and possibly agree with your notion.
Red described it well. Pink, vaguely humanoid, draped against a wall. :p

D

Deleted member

I have a question for all, what is the thing you hate being called?
For example, mine is cute.
When someone calls me cute, I give them a mad response of saying why I am not cute.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Is this what you all are talking about?

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-173

TBH, the fact that Doctor Who did the same thing with angel statues afterwards kind of mutually neutralizes the scare factor slightly, LOL. It's unsettling right until you realize the closest thing to it in pop culture is wildly commercialized with merch out the wazoo.

D

Deleted member

I think I might go to bed soon. Tommorow is going to be an eventful day, I am going to fight @PLATINUM7 and Nairo. I am going to get destroyed by Nairo though, but I will have fun!
D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW look at youuuuuuuu~ such a KYOOT little bebeh

*Pinches cheeks*
Do not even.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW look at youuuuuuuu~ such a KYOOT little bebeh

*Pinches cheeks*
Yeah, but at least Shiny actually sticks with a Mafia game for more than a few hours without ragequitting. :troll:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I grew up being subjected to my older brothers and countless horror movies, there's not a lot that rattles me in the internet these days. I'm more or less numb now. And as is the circle of life, I in turn helped corrupt, or at least disturb, my good friends Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel and Opossum Opossum . :laugh:

There's some stuff out there that's made me feel sick to my stomach, mad, and uneasy, but scared? Not for a while. So if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

In that spirit, if anyone wants to feel super unsettled, go watch I Feel Fantastic. I'd say that's a step up from DHMIS.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
What are you suggesting? The Republican party should return to a glorious Communist form?
I said their voting base had left wing ideas, I said nothing about them being a communist party...

Besides if you so desperate to join a communist party, your in luck the U.S.A has one:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Party_USA

Should I sign you up, for the revolution? :troll:

Look where Capitalism has got us. :troll:
You say that, but most of Karl Marx books were actually proper criticism of Captialism, its just some of his suggestion don't nessarily play out to well, cause humans are assholes.

Nay! We stay a democracy, that is usually how it is supposed to be? We warded off those darn Great Britians from owning the continent of North America. I heard Napoleon actually was a reason why America got a lot of territory, because he sold Louisiana to America.
You do remember Britain owned Canada, right? And not to mention we burned down your precious white house after you tried to invade Canada. :p
Also how cute, the little American thinks they live in a democracy, you guys didn't have a real democracy until after the 20th century, unlike the UK, who became a true democrcy in the 20th century!

....Wait, that doesn't sound like the UK is better at being democratic then the USA at all.

Also seing as we're talking about democracy, you guys know in away, the idea for how the Soviet Union was supposedly doing democracy, could've worked in theory, it basically having the representatives/delegates being voted on through workers Unions, and having the delegates/representatives have their consituitates be based around factories, farms etc. instead of the USA/UK constitual system, to bad Lenin and Stalin didn't like that idea, for obvious reason, of them obvousily losing power right away.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why would anyone hate being called cute? I'd die for someone who called me cute.

D

Deleted member

Dr. James Rustles Dr. James Rustles Seriously, no calling me cute bud.
I grew up being subjected to my older brothers and countless horror movies, there's not a lot that rattles me in the internet these days. I'm more or less numb now. And as is the circle of life, I in turn helped corrupt, or at least disturb, my good friends Holder of the Heel Holder of the Heel and Opossum Opossum . :laugh:

There's some stuff out there that's made me feel sick to my stomach, mad, and uneasy, but scared? Not for a while. So if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

In that spirit, if anyone wants to feel super unsettled, go watch I Feel Fantastic. I'd say that's a step up from DHMIS.
I am not feeling unsettled of "I Feel Fantastic".
I watched it and I watched it again. Not unsettling once. I watched almost three minutes of a girl who sang the same thing to me.
DHMIS is not that unsettling at all to be honest.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You just misgendered the self-proclaimed Trap King.
I swear, half the site's fallen for the Trap King anymore.

Praline themselves don't actually care either way, but it's disorienting to watch on my end. Like I'm being gaslighted LOL
So what is the Mafia game I keep hearing about?
Basically most of the folks from the thread are playing a simplified Role-Playing-ish game.

A certain number of players (seems to be four so far on average) are selected to be mafiosos (or the equivalent in whatever setting has been currently chosen) and are attempting to kill non-mafioso players until there are more mafiosos than non-mafiosos. The non-mafiosos are called townies and are trying to kill all the mafiosos. Whichever group succeeds in the end wins. There's also other roles that can have win conditions outside of that.

I basically oopsed into helping utterly destroy the mafia the first time I played, LOL. Currently I'm starting my second.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Oh god I legitimately can't work up the nerve to watch I Feel Fantastic. :laugh: It's one of those things that sounds so innocuous and insanely unsettling at the same time.

D

Deleted member

So we can't call you cute; how about kawaii? :troll:

Sorry couldn't resist, the joke was there and I had to take it.
I am not tiny and cute. Enough said.
Why would anyone hate being called cute? I'd die for someone who called me cute.
Being called cute is embarrassing for me, I do not know why. I would rather be called a cringey person that cute. I want to be called a genius, not cute. GOT THAT?
Oh god I legitimately can't work up the nerve to watch I Feel Fantastic. :laugh: It's one of those things that sounds so innocuous and insanely unsettling at the same time.
I watched it quite some times actually, and it is not unsettling at all. It is just a girl signing to me that changes her head once in a while. Man this thread is wimpy. I watched "I Feel Fantastic" a few minutes ago, and it is a dark night for me. Not even unsettling at all. Watch it Opo, I know you have the strength to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
For example, mine is cute.
When someone calls me cute, I give them a mad response of saying why I am not cute.
Since you keep mentioning it, sounds an awful lot like you want to be called cute... :p

Which directly goes against the quality of cuteness! So congratulations, I won’t say it. :laugh:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think the most disturbing SCP I've ever read involved ...

Mammary glands...

That's all I'm gonna say. It was chilling.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I hate being called by my second name, since it is a Italian variation of a really common name used in Mexico, people always get it wrong, written or spoken.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
I swear, half the site's fallen for the Trap King anymore.

Praline themselves don't actually care either way, but it's disorienting to watch on my end. Like I'm being gaslighted LOL

Basically most of the folks from the thread are playing a simplified Role-Playing-ish game.

A certain number of players (seems to be four so far on average) are selected to be mafiosos (or the equivalent in whatever setting has been currently chosen) and are attempting to kill non-mafioso players until there are more mafiosos than non-mafiosos. The non-mafiosos are called townies and are trying to kill all the mafiosos. Whichever group succeeds in the end wins. There's also other roles that can have win conditions outside of that.

I basically oopsed into helping utterly destroy the mafia the first time I played, LOL. Currently I'm starting my second.
So can you give an example of a normal game of this?

D

Deleted member

D

Deleted member

Being called cute is embarrassing for me, I do not know why. I would rather be called a cringey person that cute. I want to be called a genius, not cute. GOT THAT?
Cringey is not a compliment though why would anyone like being called that
Hey cute stuff. ;)
You are the cutest person in the entire world.

Sweet, now I have a bodyguard!
I cannot be loyal to two masters at once! What should I do!?

D

Deleted member

I think the most disturbing SCP I've ever read involved ...

Mammary glands...

That's all I'm gonna say. It was chilling.
Huh, what?!
-sees "Mammary glands"-
Oh boy time to see some good sh-

-SCP stuff-

....never the **** mind.... 0_o

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Daily useful Mandarina advice #24: If you don't like being called cute, just burp the abc; assert your dominance and inteligence by using the power that hides within your guts :110:

D

Deleted member

PSA: Do not google "SCP"
Trust me. DO NOT.
I did. I AIN'T SLEEPING TODAY.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
DHMIS? SCP? I feel like the only one out of the loop lol. Nor have I heard of I Feel Fantastic.

Guess there’s still some more room for corruption. Not at a computer though right now, so I shall remain ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom