• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So, I was thinking....

Amnesia is a common storytelling trope. Usually the hero gets it and they have to go on some quest of self discovery.

Makes sense.

But what if... in a story, the heroes never get amnesia, but an arc villain does.

Imagine it this way...

Groups of heroes fight the villain
Beat the villain
Villain gets transported elsewhere
Heroes go to stop new threat
Heroes find villain working in small town
Villain seems to be working honestly and helping people
Villain helps heroes
Villain assumes the heroes can help him find his past
Villain joins the heroes group to the dismay of the heroes
Heroes now try to actively prevent the villain from regaining his memories

I think that could make for an interesting plot. What do you all think?

Also, for those in the know, no, that is not related to any current works.
Would be worth playing considering this isn't common

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So, I was thinking....

Amnesia is a common storytelling trope. Usually the hero gets it and they have to go on some quest of self discovery.

Makes sense.

But what if... in a story, the heroes never get amnesia, but an arc villain does.

Imagine it this way...

Beat the villain
Heroes find villain working in small town with no memory
Villain helps heroes

It sort of reminds me of the Pleasant Hill arc Marvel had, in a way.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So, I was thinking....

Makes sense.

Imagine it this way...

Beat the villain
Villain helps heroes

Swamp this is very similar to Kamen Rider Build what the ****

Also I want a protagonist to have amnesia and when they get their memories back it's revealed they weren't important to the plot at all. Like "Oh, I remember now! I'm a pizza delivery guy! Oh well, back to blasting aliens"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So, I was thinking....

Makes sense.

Imagine it this way...

Beat the villain
Villain helps heroes

I got you covered fam not really i just wanted an excuse to post the picture

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So, I was thinking....

Makes sense.

Imagine it this way...

Beat the villain
Villain helps heroes

I assume this is not counting stories where they meet the amnesiac villain before they know they are the villain, right? That being said, I think I have seen that plot point before about the heroes finding out about a character they know and trying to prevent them from recovering their memories.

If I had to say what one of my favourite amnesia plots is, it's in Toaru Majutsu no Index. At the end of the first arc, the hero actually loses all their memories due to a powerful magic hitting him after saving a girl's life and because of the magic, he actually is unable to get his memories back as they were forever destroyed. But as he didn't want to make the girl he rescued sad, he lies to her that he got back his memories thanks to using his superpower arm(which basically nullifies any supernatural effects that he touches with that arm).
So part of the show actually deals with the fact that he doesn't remember anything about himself and so he is actually trying hard to not to let others(including his own parents) see that he lost his memories. The one where he meets his parents for the first time is actually rather cool.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now that school is back, I am going to be more tired in home.
Considering I have never fell asleep during any lesson or test or whatever.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So, I was thinking....

Makes sense.

Imagine it this way...

Beat the villain
Villain helps heroes

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has this.

There is a line of Blade Quests revolving around a pair of sister Blades, Praxis and Theory, who are stealing Core Crystals for a group of criminals, often killing people to do it. You spend a while, with aid from Mor Ardain's military, preparing to set them up for an ambush in two separate locations. Praxis and Theory arrive in one location along with Theory's Driver, but Praxis' Driver arrives in the other location. Praxis' Driver gets killed by the Mor Ardain military off-screen which results in Praxis returning to her core crystal. When a Blade returns to their core crystal, they lose all memory of their previous life. Theory and her Driver flee the scene, while Rex's gang takes Praxis' core crystal. You can resonate with it after a bit of time.

After resonating with Praxis, you can start a Blade Quest where Theory spies on your group and is trying get Praxis to remember her past, while Rex's gang keeps that info from her. After it's made clear who is sending Praxis the letters, Rex decides to tell Praxis about her life of crime and bloodshed. Praxis can't remember any of it due to the way Blades lose their memories when returning to their core crystal. However, she wants to connect with Theory again as she feels an innate sense of familiarity with her. You then confront Theory and her Driver and eventually, Theory kills her own Driver so she can be with Praxis again.

Also, a lesser example would be Perceval, a Dark type Blade. In his previous life, he was a ruthless assassin, which you discover in his Blade Quest, apparently having even killed innocent people, including children, to accomplish his goals. However, he doesn't remember that when Rex and co. picks him up (he's one of the Blades you can pull randomly), and in his current life, is actually a pacifist who refuses to kill people and Blades, but is still passionate in pursuing justice.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Have you ever liked posts because you are tired?

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’d love to make a Bravely Default type of rpg. If I did I’d want people here be playable but... there’s too many people who I like!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It took some doing but I got Super Mario Odyssey working in Yuzu.

Since this is the main game the dev team are focusing on, I really wanted to get it working so I can keep up with Yuzu development in real-time.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If you have any characters you really want to build, then yeah you kinda have to be willing to spend money. It depends on what you want out of the game.

For people who just want to collect one of each of their favourite characters, it's easy enough to get by without spending money as you can save your free Orbs until that character drops in a banner.

In my case, I just tend to get really unlucky. I save my Orbs but then IS drops three things I had been saving for within the same week. It happens every time. So I gotta spend money sometimes to make up the difference.

In this week's case I was pulling for Festival Elincia, Brave Veronica, and Brave Celica. Luckily I could claim Veronica as a free gift. Would have been nice to pull merges for her or get better IVs but I can't afford that right now because of Festival Elincia and Brave Celica. And I had to spend money to get both of those because I was getting bad luck on those banners. I might have gotten one of them if I didn't spend money but at the rate I was going I wouldn't get both.

I had the money to spare though so it's fine. Might have to postpone that extra 2 TB hard drive and Blu-Ray reader for my PC by another week but other than that it's all good.
Bah, again I am not bashing FEH but I really dislike how you get heros and how some are limited in a banner. And when there's luck involved, that's why I don't play FEH anymore after a couple of weeks of playing.

It's okay to just play the game and try to get your favorite heros but when you are like my brother who spends that much. That's when you really should stop imo.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Bah, again I am not bashing FEH but I really dislike how you get heros and how some are limited in a banner. And when there's luck involved, that's why I don't play FEH anymore after a couple of weeks of playing.
welcome to gachapon, taking your money since 200X

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

It's okay to just play the game and try to get your favorite heros but when you are like my brother who spends that much. That's when you really should stop imo.
I don't see the problem with spending money if you have the money to afford what you're spending.

I never spend money on FEH unless I actually have the spare cash for it. It's not a priority, just something I'm willing to spend money on if it wouldn't set me back in any substantial way.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

Yeah, I agree. I really don't like Legendary Hero Banners, for instance. Only 4 days for a small chance of getting a limited time hero, sure they come back in future ones, but it's the exact situation of only having 4 days to try and get them. I stopped playing the game, as I had my fill from playing it for over a year. You would think from my username, I would still be playing, but I just got tired of the grind.

Chrono.

It took some doing but I got Super Mario Odyssey working in Yuzu.

Since this is the main game the dev team are focusing on, I really wanted to get it working so I can keep up with Yuzu development in real-time.

You say Mario Odyssey but this looks more like my nightmares.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
You don't need to spend money on FEH if you believe in the Power of Waifu.

*1 pull later*

Ah **** off, Raigh

Last edited:

Chrono.

This makes sense, though I've died so many times I can go through the entire level without dying or barely taking damage.

That's trial and error gameplay for you I guess.
Still haven't beat the boss though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This makes sense, though I've died so many times I can go through the entire level without dying or barely taking damage.

That's trial and error gameplay for you I guess.
Still haven't beat the boss though.
At least I know I wasn't crazy for having problems with it.

Though my issue is less general difficulty, and more that I genuinely think the Gear system needs to be rebalanced, and that they need to get rid of the performance problems that eat your inputs (on Switch anyway).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

> One experience point short of levelling up
**** you too, game

I hate when this happens and you have to go and find another bunch of enemies just to get that single point rounded off. And it always happens when you're that single point away from being able to reclass/promote/escape to safety/whatever. And it happens at least once in every game I play with an experience point system and it's always so annoying. And *grumble* *grumble* *grumble*

This game is pretty good otherwise, though, more people should play it
>Shaman
>Brouni
>Gunner Portrait
I thought her portrait was exclusive to Dragoon
So, I was thinking....

Makes sense.

Imagine it this way...

Beat the villain
Villain helps heroes

I don't know why but this feels extremely familiar to me, as if I have already seen this plot point before. Sounds really interesting though.
This also reminds me of an idea I had once of an amnesiac hero who then finds out they were actually sided with the Bad Guys™
Go full Chrono Cross and make like 60 party members.

Make one of them @Shishœ too. :p
Why do you want me to be a party member in a game that doesn't exist? :confused:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Does anybody here have Photoshop or some other editing software? I need a quick edit that I can’t make on mobile.

Apologies for going off-topic.
I have Photoshop.

-------------------

Game Theory: Super Mario Odyssey is a dystopian sequel to Spider-Man 2: The Game of the Movie.

Yeah I downloaded Spider-Man 2 for Dolphin. I can't get the PS4 game right now so this will sate my Spidey appetite.

Also I spent almost an hour looking for this.

pizza time

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Does disgusting Chain Challenges for more Orbs
>Le pity rate is now 5.25% in CYL2

At least I got a better IV Ares for my merge project \o/

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Did they ever explained how Raven could even see the future in that show?
Why doesn't Cory get those powers?
Why can't Cory wield the Monado?
Cory is actually Zanza and Raven stole the Monado from him. She became one with the Monado so Cory could not get a hold of it. The side effect was unprovoked visions all of the time.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Welp, thought I was gonna be outta here for a bit, but then I remembered installs are a thing now and Spiderman's is huge hahaha

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Question to all you folks.

If you gained the ability to speak to only one species of animal (not counting humans), what animal would you choose?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Spider-Man is neat. I can't play it, but my friend has a PS4 so I'm living. I find it funny how people are taking such a big deal out of the puddle.

Question to all you folks.

If you gained the ability to speak to only one species of animal (not counting humans), what animal would you choose?
Dolphin.
Think about it, they're about as intelligent as us. If we can manage to understand each other, that's like a whole lotta human innovation made simple because they could just explore the deep sea (or at least the farthest they could go) for us. it'd make dolphin rights at zoos an issue though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom