• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Question to all you folks.

If you gained the ability to speak to only one species of animal (not counting humans), what animal would you choose?
Cats. I'm really close with my cats. They get really excited when I get home, love following me around, and love getting on top of me and chilling. Itd be cool if we could also converse. Plus I could ask them wtf they are staring at when they suddenly stand still and look off into empty space with an intense stare.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

If you gained the ability to speak to only one species of animal (not counting humans), what animal would you choose?
Doggos of course.

The obvious reason being that they're adorable and our best friends.

The more serious reason being that there are a lot of genuine signs that dogs can understand a lot of human feelings and emotions on a fairly deep level, enough to be able to help people overcome things like anxiety with their limited communication. It'd be fascinating to pick a dog's brain like that and truly understand how they're feeling and how they think.

I feel like I'm fairly in touch with dogs, but I'd love to make sure. It'd make me happy to confirm it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Cats

I have 2 and they're are complete divas, so I understanding what they want would be nice.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Androobie

Banned via Warnings

Mosquitoes.

I would talk them into a truce. I would instruct them to spy on people; secrets, bank pins, future plans and locations. This information would be the basis of my future empire. In exchange, I would provide them with a steady supply of food in some sort of shed in my backyard. Hell, I could breed an entire army of mosquito spies!

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871

Dogs, mainly because I sometimes wonder what dogs think, especially since my family has a dog.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Mosquitoes.

I would talk them into a truce. I would instruct them to spy on people; secrets, bank pins, future plans and locations. This information would be the basis of my future empire. In exchange, I would provide them with a steady supply of food in some sort of shed in my backyard. Hell, I could breed an entire army of mosquito spies!
You could probably wipe out a country via biological warfare with mosquitoes

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

A bit vague really.

They can communicate back? And if so, how useful would that be really, given their limited relative intelligence? How much could they understand from us? If, somehow, complex bits of information can be passed forward and back, it'd have to be birds--but that doesn't seem possible.

The limit of utility with such a power would I guess just be making a career out of being a dog or cat whisperer lol.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

If I said birds would I have to pick a specific type like crows or could I say birds as a whole?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
-"Yo, now I can talk with birds, I wonder what kind of intelligent conversations I can have with th-"
-"Lemme Smash"
-".... ****en worth it"

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has this.

There is a line of Blade Quests revolving around a pair of sister Blades, Praxis and Theory, who are stealing Core Crystals for a group of criminals, often killing people to do it. You spend a while, with aid from Mor Ardain's military, preparing to set them up for an ambush in two separate locations. Praxis and Theory arrive in one location along with Theory's Driver, but Praxis' Driver arrives in the other location. Praxis' Driver gets killed by the Mor Ardain military off-screen which results in Praxis returning to her core crystal. When a Blade returns to their core crystal, they lose all memory of their previous life. Theory and her Driver flee the scene, while Rex's gang takes Praxis' core crystal. You can resonate with it after a bit of time.

After resonating with Praxis, you can start a Blade Quest where Theory spies on your group and is trying get Praxis to remember her past, while Rex's gang keeps that info from her. After it's made clear who is sending Praxis the letters, Rex decides to tell Praxis about her life of crime and bloodshed. Praxis can't remember any of it due to the way Blades lose their memories when returning to their core crystal. However, she wants to connect with Theory again as she feels an innate sense of familiarity with her. You then confront Theory and her Driver and eventually, Theory kills her own Driver so she can be with Praxis again.

Also, a lesser example would be Perceval, a Dark type Blade. In his previous life, he was a ruthless assassin, which you discover in his Blade Quest, apparently having even killed innocent people, including children, to accomplish his goals. However, he doesn't remember that when Rex and co. picks him up (he's one of the Blades you can pull randomly), and in his current life, is actually a pacifist who refuses to kill people and Blades, but is still passionate in pursuing justice.
Yeah, but it wasn't that flesh out imo...
Here are my two cents on the two quests you have mentioned, an please aware these are just my personal thoughts so please bear with me, it's sut something I got to share:
I have even mention this in my XC2 two cents on AmericanDJ AmericanDJ 's previous post about his thoughts on the game too lol.
First I have to say that I have mixed thought on Praxis and Theory's quest, their quest were obviously not perfect but it wasn't all bad either, while it is good for Blades like Praxis, Theory and Vess where you can get theme by completing their quest and without have to go with the RNG, but here's the thing...

My first bother some on these kind of quests is that once you know "Blades will return to core crystals if driver dies" and "Blade will lose memories after being resonated. Once you saw Praxis, Theory and Vess, the ending of the quest is already predictable and their drivers will have instant "death flag". Which is why I aware that Vandham will die even before I finish chapter 3, and so is Vess' driver and both Praxis and Theory's driver (And yes, even how Theory's driver dies it was a good result to me but wasn't that much surprising to me either because I already knew Blades can also kill their own driver by will from another quest). Not to mention you have to wait for a long time to resonate those Blades, and took even more time to complete Praxis affinity chart and get pass to chapter 6 in order to get Theory... That's why Theory ended up being the last rare Blade for me to get (Even after I got KOS MOS LOL)

Now off to my Praxis and Theory's #1 quest review and a bit of rant:
There is a line of Blade Quests revolving around a pair of sister Blades, Praxis and Theory, who are stealing Core Crystals for a group of criminals, often killing people to do it. You spend a while, with aid from Mor Ardain's military, preparing to set them up for an ambush in two separate locations. Praxis and Theory arrive in one location along with Theory's Driver, but Praxis' Driver arrives in the other location. Praxis' Driver gets killed by the Mor Ardain military off-screen which results in Praxis returning to her core crystal. When a Blade returns to their core crystal, they lose all memory of their previous life. Theory and her Driver flee the scene, while Rex's gang takes Praxis' core crystal. You can resonate with it after a bit of time.
It was expect but interesting as to how Praxis and Theory are "Blade obtain quest", at first I was hoping that Praxis and Theory might have some understandable reason to steal core crystals and as you mentioned they even have to kill people to do it. The bad part of this quest is not that Praxis and Theory were antagonist, no, I'm okay with that, what is not good is the core crystal hunter's motives, which they never had a good motives to do so thus in my own opinion this somewhat ruins Praxis and Theory's character even as a villain Blade. I mean, sure Blades will have their personality affected by their driver so it makes sense that they will listen the core crystal hunters but it's odd how they will just do almost anything that core crystal hunter tells them to do and not even having any skepticism.
What also kind of odd was that Praxis and Theory aware they were being chase down by Mor Ardain soldiers (And along with your Blades that sent via Merc mission). Why Praxis wasn't with her driver? They should either all go and battle with Rex or Praxis goes to the other location with her driver. Wat I will change is that Praxis and her driver goes battle with Rex and lost, and after we go to the location where soldiers are fighting, Theory and her driver retreats, now that's slightly better in my opinion. Because no unexperince driver will go battle without their Blade around.

That's where it leads to quest #2 which in my opinion is the best overall but still some flaws.
After resonating with Praxis, you can start a Blade Quest where Theory spies on your group and is trying get Praxis to remember her past, while Rex's gang keeps that info from her. After it's made clear who is sending Praxis the letters, Rex decides to tell Praxis about her life of crime and bloodshed. Praxis can't remember any of it due to the way Blades lose their memories when returning to their core crystal. However, she wants to connect with Theory again as she feels an innate sense of familiarity with her. You then confront Theory and her Driver and eventually, Theory kills her own Driver so she can be with Praxis again.
Like I mentioned, not just after resonating with Praxis... you have fill up her affinity chart to the point where she can start quest and the quest only available after chapter 6. Which is a bit too long of a gap imo. Just a minor complaint for me right there. Also snce you can don't resonate Praxis, and while yeah you can't get Theory in this way which ok... but it will be pretty interesting if there's like a second scenario where what happens if you don't resonate Praxis but still can get Theory... I know that's a bit impossible but just my thoughts. Which you might have to go to Theory and the core crystal hunter's hideout or something and have Praxis' core crystal on hand and try to defeat Theory this way.

This is probably Theory personality, how she just "spies" Praxis was pretty confusing, as a core crystal hunter she could just go and get them (But we know that's actually her last resort) but the infos she gives was actually hopes to let Praxis remember... then again what bothers is how Theory still doesn't understand how heinous her driver was since he didn't want to save Praxis he also wants to kill all of the crew and get their core crystals (Again... for what ever reason!) and it took a battle for her to realize that...
It's very very interesting to see how Praxis has her personality changed to some extent and how she reacts when Rex told her she was with the core crystal hunters and was once a criminal. And not to mention she has innate familiarity on Theory, which while it was odd for me at first but we have also seen with Vess a bit too anyway. She seems to be evil and likes to collect spears but now she's chatty and messy....And last but not least, yes, we never understand this but it seems that Blades can kill their own driver from their own will... this is both dark and confusing since you have some Blades being resonated by monsters, they could try to kill the monster if they can.

Man if possible I ... actually have a alternate idea for this, I hope Theory and her driver end up giving up their tole being core crystal hunter and join merc group, and then we have a quest where we search Theory after they go on a dangerous merc mission and then we find them nearly got beaten and Theory's driver dies and Praxis keeps her promise with Theory, I think that will work better, again just my own thoughts.

The third quest was probably the worse imo... not only that it took a battle and a conversation for those folks in Uraya to understand Praxis and Theory are not bad anymore. And then how their quest plays out is just... so bothersome to do (Praxis doing eyes of Shining justice was cool though, that really sums up that Praxis is a perfect cannon Blade for Zeke imo )

And oh man, I actually hope Perceval can be a Blade obtain quest Blade now... It will be nice if we have a quest where we stop an assassin Blade and then we do Perceval's regular quest. This will be better imo.

And so is Kasandra, it will be even more interesting if she has Blade obtain quest instead we spend times of salvaging in certain places to get her... why don't we have a quest where we help her and her Nopon driver? And then the quest ends up she and her driver end up getting eating by the mosnter lol, this will be both hilarious and dark.

So yeah... sorry with this nonsense rambling, but when it comes to villain amnesia troupe, Praxis and Theory's quest while it's a unique in the game, it wasn't really that well fleshed out in my opinion. Like I said, them and their antagonist driver weren't good, and the quest were pretty bothersome to finish too. But hey, don't get me wrong, Praxis and Theory are still good Blades it's just that I think they deserve a more better quest.
I'm also curious on your thoughts on their quest too. Do you think their quest were good? Or are there any plots that you think were a bit off?

Last edited:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I guess I could pick dogs because our bunch of poodles would become less of a pain in the ass. I've got two cats that I love with all my heart, but there wouldn't be much point in communicating to them because they probably wouldn't listen anyways lol.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I have Photoshop.

-------------------

Game Theory: Super Mario Odyssey is a dystopian sequel to Spider-Man 2: The Game of the Movie.

Yeah I downloaded Spider-Man 2 for Dolphin. I can't get the PS4 game right now so this will sate my Spidey appetite.

Also I spent almost an hour looking for this.

pizza time
MR. AZIZ IS GONNA FLIP IF I FLIP THOSE PIZZAS!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
>Today is Rider day of the daily class-based summoning banner in Fate/Grand Order.

"Oh, it's not Caster day, yet? Well, at least today means a rate-up for Ozymandias, so I'll just use a Summoning Ticket and see if I get him."

>Uses one Summoning Ticket.

>Screen pauses, flashes gold, and it's a golden Rider card!

"OMG! OMG! IS IT THE GREAT OZYMANDIAS THAT FINALLY ANSWERED MY SUMMONING CALL?!"

>Said golden Rider card turns out to be my first Marie Antoinette Rider.

"OH COME ON!"

This is the second time Marie Antoinette trolled me of a 5-star I wanted. First was her Summer variant that trolled me of Summer Artoria (because I saw the golden effect) and my first Waver/Normal Tamamo, and now she trolled me again of that Ozymandias I wanted.

Well, tomorrow is Caster day of the class-specific summoning banner, so I'm hoping my 12 remaining tickets will potentially give me Waver/Normal Tamamo.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
D

Deleted member

F R A N K T H E S U R V I V O R
Edit: I did not mean to post this, this was an accident.
>Today is Rider day of the daily class-based summoning banner in Fate/Grand Order.

"Oh, it's not Caster day, yet? Well, at least today means a rate-up for Ozymandias, so I'll just use a Summoning Ticket and see if I get him."

"OMG! OMG! IS IT THE GREAT OZYMANDIAS THAT FINALLY ANSWERED MY SUMMONING CALL?!"

"OH COME ON!"

This is the second time Marie Antoinette trolled me of a 5-star I wanted. First was her Summer variant trolled me of Summer Artoria (because I saw the golden effect) and my first Waver/Normal Tamamo, and now she trolled me again of that Ozymandias I wanted.

Well, tomorrow is Caster day of the class-specific summoning banner, so I'm hoping my 12 remaining tickets will potentially give me Waver/Normal Tamamo.
I tried getting a Brave Ephraim today, and... I did not get one. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
But they're right tho

People abuse loopholes to hell like that for extra Pokemon/multiplayer ranks in ranked games every opportunity they're given.

I'd appreciate a partial workaround in Splatoon 2 where it'd just save your singleplayer progress or something since not all the content in it is super inherently linked to multiplayer (if that would be at all possible), but they're right.

Ivander

Smash Legend

"OH COME ON!"

This is the second time Marie Antoinette trolled me of a 5-star I wanted. First was her Summer variant trolled me of Summer Artoria (because I saw the golden effect) and my first Waver/Normal Tamamo, and now she trolled me again of that Ozymandias I wanted.

Marie just appearing to you in your Summons and going:

Well, at least be a bit thankful it was a Summon Ticket and not Quartz.

Ivander

Smash Legend
FEH memes are better anyways...
But F/GO memes get acknowledged. *looks at banana oni, sleepy Tristan, etc* And the thing I posted wasn't even a meme, but a Japanese-to-Western translation change to fit similarly to what the JP version did.

Although I doubt any meme could compare to the acknowledgement of a descendent seeing what Japan has made of their modern-time ancestor that apparently got acknowledged in the JP version. *looks at Florence Nightingale* And to think that descendent actually got into F/GO.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know what? I riled myself up slightly and it's impaired judgement-o-clock in my time zone so I'm gonna go a step further.

The Pokemon and Splatoon fandoms don't deserve nice things when it comes to online interactivity. Particularly the Pokemon fandom. Especially the Pokemon fandom. At least in the Splatoon fandom it's mostly just one small group of people ruining it for the rest of us to the majority's chagrin, but with the Pokemon fandom everyone's complicit.

So no, I'm not gonna feel bad or Palutena forbid offended that those games aren't getting cloud saves, because as a collective we all pretty blatantly earned it.

Chrono.

Well, I can breeze through the Mega Man 11 demo on Normal with little issue now. Feels good.

That said I do think Block Man's stage wasn't the best one to give us to try out. Two of the same mini boss is a bit overkill, especially when they're so damage spongey and kinda reliant on the Speed gear (well the second one is.) Also I barely used the special weapons cause in most situations the regular buster worked just as fine, if not better, especially if you got rapid fire mapped (it's not mapped by default either.) It took me a bit to get used to the Gear system but I can use it just fine now, well Speed anyway. Power is useless and Overdrive is pointless.

D

Deleted member

I have been playing a lot of Minecraft.
I do not care what the haters say, it is actually really addictive.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's hype backlash. Although I don't remember Minecraft ever hitting the critical mass of people swearing up and down how good it is and desperately trying to push it like Undertale so either I don't see whatever people are seeing or there's just a bunch of frickin' hipsters out there.

And, well, people who have different tastes than the general public that think anyone that has different tastes than them is an idiot, which may as well be hipsters.

My taste for Minecraft changes depending on what I'm in the mood to play, sometimes even to the superficially subtle degree that Minecraft sounds boring but I really wanna cut my teeth on Terraria, but I don't think I'll ever see it as a bad game. Even if the guy that made it turned out to be a really pathetic person eh he's disappeared off to be a bitter recluse and Microsoft owns it now.

D

Deleted member

Why was it that everytime that Starlight_Lily used those anime gun stuff to look cool, I found it cringeworthy?
Is there something wrong with my brain?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Let the haters hate.

My Vive draws near ($9,300/$10,000 stashed) and building things out of voxels in VR is far and away the thing I am most excited about.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I always liked Minecraft, even if I don't play it nearly as much as I used to.

I get that the fanbase has issues (what large fanbase doesn't?) but people generalize it way too much, and are way too quick to negatively judge someone for even simply mentioniong the game in any sort of positive light. That's not even getting into the kinds of insults and accusations many people will fling at players of the game without a second thought, too. Granted both the game and it's fandom are far from the only ones out there to get this kind of flak, but as a long time player of the it, it's sad to see it get so much hate nowadays.

Ah well, for the most part it's not too hard to just ignore. :p

D

Deleted member

I always liked Minecraft, even if I don't play it nearly as much as I used to.

I get that the fanbase has issues (what large fanbase doesn't?) but people generalize it way too much, and are way too quick to negatively judge someone for even simply mentioniong the game in any sort of positive light. That's not even getting into the kinds of insults and accusations many people will fling at players of the game without a second thought, too. Granted both the game and it's fandom are far from the only ones out there to get this kind of flak, but as a long time player of the it, it's sad to see it get so much hate nowadays.

Ah well, for the most part it's not too hard to just ignore. :p
I hate it when people try to avoid games or shows because "lol horrible fandom."

The problem is, a lot of people in the internet focuses way more on the bad than the good, as a lot of people in the internet in general likes drama.

Fandoms are nowhere near perfect, but the bad cookies are only the small percentage.

If you want to play FNAF or Undertale that have "bad fandoms" according to the internet, I do not care. You have your fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom