• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
well glad things are gonna better and that hes starting to get outward words with peeps instead of being forever cooked in :V

and well i would like to talk with the dude, but i'm a pretty busy girl lately .-. so i can't guarentee a time i'll be avilable

and on top of that, i don't know what the hell to say at all :/ katts bad at thinking and more better at improv :V

so ya, sorry i won't be much help .-. all i can do is leave messages and give good words and hope they mean something :V

glad things are going onward though, hope he gets some much matter closure with friendships!
And that's ok Katt. I don't want this to get in the way of everyone's personal schedules. So I will let him know that you wish the best.

And either way, you will see him again next week when he's released.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
And that's ok Katt. I don't want this to get in the way of everyone's personal schedules. So I will let him know that you wish the best.

And either way, you will see him again next week when he's released.
will be what i usually doing~ lurking in the server lol

but ya thanks give him my best regards and will hug him when he gets out

Chrono.

I got Xbox emulation up and running.

Now I can understand the concept of love in 4K.

Changing the native resolution currently does not scale 2D UI but other than that the game runs at a perfect 60 FPS for me and the 3D rendered stuff looks clean. This is one of those "holds up well due to it's artstyle" games.

EDIT: Blegh double post. Slow day today it seems.
Heard this game controls better than the original.

Really wish they'd port this already to modern console/PC.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Heard this game controls better than the original.

Really wish they'd port this already to modern console/PC.
I haven't played it properly yet, I've just mucked around the tutorial area, but the controls felt good from what I tried.

I haven't properly played the original either, but I do have the Steam version. I may try emulating the Dreamcast version too.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Got my new computer up and running, so one of the first things I did was to get some HD Fire Emblem action in, and, well, I needn't have bothered, really:
I'd say the map models have aged terribly, but they weren't exactly considered attractive even in 2005. It's basically an upscaled N64 game anyway, so not too surprising, really.
Is it just me, or do their faces look like rubbish-quality masks?

I can understand why they're like this; map models were never intended to be seen up close like this, so it makes sense that they wouldn't be that detailed. But then you look at Radiant Dawn, where most map models are of about the same quality, and then you have stuff like the Spirits from the final maps:
You have to zoom in a ridiculous amount to see these like this; normally this is all you see of them (in actual Wii resolution):
I always thought they were just balls of energy or something. One of the few cases where I wonder why they bothered; maybe they were meant to have proper battle animations that got scrapped, or something.

In conclusion: bring back sprites already, IS

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I’m watching a guy let’s play Bravely Default on youtube... I forgot how great Ringabel was.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Got my new computer up and running, so one of the first things I did was to get some HD Fire Emblem action in, and, well, I needn't have bothered, really:

I'd say the map models have aged terribly, but they weren't exactly considered attractive even in 2005. It's basically an upscaled N64 game anyway, so not too surprising, really.

Is it just me, or do their faces look like rubbish-quality masks?

I can understand why they're like this; map models were never intended to be seen up close like this, so it makes sense that they wouldn't be that detailed. But then you look at Radiant Dawn, where most map models are of about the same quality, and then you have stuff like the Spirits from the final maps:
You have to zoom in a ridiculous amount to see these like this; normally this is all you see of them (in actual Wii resolution):
I always thought they were just balls of energy or something. One of the few cases where I wonder why they bothered; maybe they were meant to have proper battle animations that got scrapped, or something.

In conclusion: bring back sprites already, IS
While it won't help the 3D assets, there is a HD UI pack for PoR and RD that makes the menus look a little better if you wanna try that.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thre...and-radiant-dawn-upscaled-ui-textures-updated

I do hope we get one for the model textures one day, but considering the quality of the models, it may not be worth it.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
While it won't help the 3D assets, there is a HD UI pack for PoR and RD that makes the menus look a little better if you wanna try that.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thre...and-radiant-dawn-upscaled-ui-textures-updated

I do hope we get one for the model textures one day, but considering the quality of the models, it may not be worth it.
I had a quick look, but I'm not much of a fan of the upscaled look, really. In general I don't really like sprites or 2D elements like that, that are just passed through some upscaler or filter. The pixellated appearance of the original sprites isn't that off-putting to me, anyway.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Not necessarily. Lots of Pokémon kill and eat other Pokémon.
Well yeah thats nature I think they meant being ordered to fight to death, which is what Mewtwo was doin

Speaking of, I wonder in the future will nintendo show powkmon acturally fighting eachother in the wild in all its glory

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The winner of the last poll was King Hippo, which is good since the big guy still has his fans. For some reason, Glass Joe managed to beat Mr Sandman and Great Tiger. People must love their weak joke characters I guess.

This next poll has a focus on Namco's arcade classics, since they have other iconic characters than just Pac-Man himself from that era. Some are 8-bit cameos, but I don't think they really mean much when Rathalos can have many roles. The picks for this poll this time is Ms Pac-Man, Dig Dug, Mappy, and Tower of Druaga's Gilgamesh.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Good luck.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The winner of the last poll was King Hippo, which is good since the big guy still has his fans. For some reason, Glass Joe managed to beat Mr Sandman and Great Tiger. People must love their weak joke characters I guess.

This next poll has a focus on Namco's arcade classics, since they have other iconic characters than just Pac-Man himself from that era. Some are 8-bit cameos, but I don't think they really mean much when Rathalos can have many roles. The picks for this poll this time is Ms Pac-Man, Dig Dug, Mappy, and Tower of Druaga's Gilgamesh.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Good luck.
Dig Dug is the correct answer.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yuzu is receiving an interesting update in the near future.

Basically what it does is record every rendered frame and audio input and output it to a .MP4 video file with an FPS of the game's maximum FPS.

So you could have games that currently only work at 15 FPS in the emulator, play around for a little while with the record function turned on, and then look at the video to see what the game would look like running in the emulator at a locked 30 FPS or 60 FPS.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Is Torna: The Golden Country out yet?

No?

Well **** me, the wait is killing me right now.

I hope atleast that they will release the latest Japanese trailer in English soon, I need to hear Malos insane laugh in English.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
D

Deleted member

Not necessarily. Lots of Pokémon kill and eat other Pokémon.
Well even ignoring that. In battle you have plenty of dirty tactics. Like violently exploding to take out the opponent.

Then there's just dark types and dark type moves. Which is literally evil type.(Speaking of which, it never made any sense that presplit Dark type was a special type and ghost was physical.)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It’s still crazy to think that the first 3rd party character in Smash was Snake. Like everyone would expect it to be Sonic, and in another universe Sonic probably first appeared in 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom