• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
As someone who would probably have Rayman on their Top 5 Most Wanted for Smash list, please remember that Rayman being in Brawlhalla has no correlation to Rayman being in Smash.

If he isn't in Smash, then he was never going to be whether he was in Brawlhalla or not. Don't hate on Brawlhalla for "stealing" him.

On that note, he looks really cute in the game. I might get it now.

View attachment 161444
Part of its cute. Part of it gives me uncanny valley.
Maybe it's the eyes, I don't know.

Chrono.

As someone who would probably have Rayman on their Top 5 Most Wanted for Smash list, please remember that Rayman being in Brawlhalla has no correlation to Rayman being in Smash.

If he isn't in Smash, then he was never going to be whether he was in Brawlhalla or not. Don't hate on Brawlhalla for "stealing" him.

View attachment 161444
I was underwhelmed at first.

But then I realized this is Brawlhalla and NOT Brawlout.

I keep confusing the two. Anyways, Rayman looks good here.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Things I want and will never have:

Sonic Rush 2 with HD Yuji Uekawa inspired illustrations for the character sprites, Hideki Naganuma back for the soundtrack, and Jet Set Radio inspired "street" outfits for Sonic and Blaze.

Also tons of Sonaze ship teas- *shot*

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

View attachment 161444
Rayman always looked ****ing weird to me.

Chrono.

Sonic Rush 2 with HD Yuji Uekawa inspired illustrations for the character sprites, Hideki Naganuma back for the soundtrack, and Jet Set Radio inspired "street" outfits for Sonic and Blaze.

I'm sad they don't really use Yuji Uekawa anymore in general (well I think he does stuff for Sonic Channel?).

The 3D renders SEGA use are great but man I miss this artstyle a lot, I grew up with it and all.

download (10).jpg

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
In the US, Scholastic currently publishes Pokemon books.

Nintendo and Scholastic should expand their partnership to cover just about every major Nintendo IP.

This could help properties like Metroid and Star Fox gain favor with the general science fiction community, with novels based on their games, possible novelizations of movie adaptations, and novels telling original stories not seen in games (much like the novels in the Star Trek and Star Wars franchises).

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
In the US, Scholastic currently publishes Pokemon books.

Nintendo and Scholastic should expand their partnership to cover just about every major Nintendo IP.

This could help properties like Metroid and Star Fox gain favor with the general science fiction community, with novels based on their games, possible novelizations of movie adaptations, and novels telling original stories not seen in games (much like the novels in the Star Trek and Star Wars franchises).
Isn't Scholastic for like, elementary schoolers?

PF9

Smash Lord
Scholastic has published books like The Hunger Games too. Those books are not something an elementary schooler should read.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm sad they don't really use Yuji Uekawa anymore in general (well I think he does stuff for Sonic Channel?).

The 3D renders SEGA use are great but man I miss this artstyle a lot, I grew up with it and all.

View attachment 161449
Yeah he still does Sonic Channel art and for other special occasions. I got a Special Edition copy of the Cook & Becker Sonic art book that came with an exclusive print (I still have it sealed though) by him.

Sonic-art-print_Uekawa.jpg

While some of SEGA's 3D renders are fantastic, particularly those for the Mario & Sonic games, others look kind of bland and boring and lack personality. There is also the issue of some of the renders are showing their age, anything from before 2007 is really starting to look at least a little dated.

Yuji Uekawa's art is such a unique style though, and it never ages.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Wasn't there already a 2nd Sonic Rush game?

I do like that guy's style. Have him do the stuff for Modern Sonic while Tyson and the other Mania artist for Classic Sonic. I think that's a good mix.

Any other game artists you'd call your favorites?

Chrono.

Toru Nakayama.

He's mostly known for his work on the Mega Man Zero and ZX series and man, if it isn't the most beautiful artstyle in any Mega Man series (imo anyway.)

a2a456d6bdc4b91e009ca1c6ce061d9f.jpg

Speaking of it, MM Zero is kinda slept on nowadays, but it probably is the most consistent of them all. The games were all good to great, the writing was consistent and strong, the music was also fantastic and it had a (mostly) proper ending.

ZX isn't as good but still pretty solid, sadly... Well you know.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Toru Nakayama.

He's mostly known for his work on the Mega Man Zero and ZX series and man, if it isn't the most beautiful artstyle in any Mega Man series (imo anyway.)

View attachment 161456

Speaking of it, MM Zero is kinda slept on nowadays, but it probably is the most consistent of them all. The games were all good to great, the writing was consistent and strong, the music was also fantastic and it had a (mostly) proper ending.

ZX isn't as good but still pretty solid, sadly... Well you know.
For Mega Man artists, my favorite is Ryuji Higarashi. One of the few guys who's done work on each series. He also was the one who did Mega Man's Smash 4 poster, in the typical MM cover style.

SSB4 Poster.jpg

He also did work on Mega Man X Command Mission. His use of shading for MMXCM was really cool to me.

MMXCMGuidebookArt.png

Unfortunately, I'm not too into the style of MMZ and MMZX.

EDIT: Keisuke Mizuno is a close second. He did the Art for Maverick Hunter Mega Man X.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wasn't there already a 2nd Sonic Rush game?

I do like that guy's style. Have him do the stuff for Modern Sonic while Tyson and the other Mania artist for Classic Sonic. I think that's a good mix.

There was, Sonic Rush Adventure. And it was great IMO, but it had a different feel to it, which is why I think they could get away with simply calling a new one "Sonic Rush 2" if it took after the first game more than anything.

As for other game artists, you already mentoned Tyson Hesse, so him too.

Others would be Yoichi Kotabe for his Super Mario art. I really wanna see a 2D Mario game that looks like this too.

super_mario_30th_anniversary_collage_by_imaginatorvictor-d99j4zk.jpg

Tetsuya Nomura. I know he gets a lot of flack for belts and zippers, but when he isn't going crazy with those (and lately he's veered away from them...plaid is his new design fetish, but that one is a bit more tasteful lol), he really makes striking character designs. As a Kingdom Hearts nerd, I love his work there the most, in particular his off the cuff traditional drawings. I also think his designs for the Torna members in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are not only some of the best designs in that game, but some of his best work in recent memory. I always look forward to his takes on Final Fantasy characters he didn't originally design, usually via Dissidia.

b4f70177fa0655e3092a17b6877497c31490738090_full.jpg

Satchley is a more recent one for her work on Doki Doki Literature Club. While the in-game sprites intentionally look a bit amateurish, the CGs look great and I especially love her off the cuff Twitter drawings and other promotional art that's come out more recently. Her greatest strength is probably how she can pack so much emotion and feeling into the character's eyes, perfectly capturing how the character is feeling at a given moment.

Just compare the below picture and any other Sayori art to the CG of Sayori's dead body on the noose to REALLY see what I mean. The lifeless eyes were the main reason that artwork is so startling to me even out of context.

sunflower_by_satchely-dbzgnm2.png

And while I haven't played through the older FE games just yet, I'm a big fan of Wada Sachiko's art on the Fire Emblem games. I'd love a new game with her art being the basis for the game, though at least she's been coming back to do FE Heroes units fairly consistently, as well as a lot of FE Cipher art.

marth-sachiko-wada-tumblr_o4gabgiqra1qanw7co1_500.jpg

There are more I could list but I don't wanna ramble on for too long.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I already mentioned Keisuke Mizuno, here's an example of what he's done.

mmx.jpg

Daisuke Ikeno is probably my favorite Street Fighter artist. At least for his Street Fighter 3 era stuff.

ryu-3rd.jpg

Easily my favorite looking versions of Ryu and Ken at least.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So id it just the original 8 that are unlocked or the full 12? Cause different people have been saying different things

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There was, Sonic Rush Adventure. And it was great IMO, but it had a different feel to it, which is why I think they could get away with simply calling a new one "Sonic Rush 2" if it took after the first game more than anything.

As for other game artists, you already mentoned Tyson Hesse, so him too.

Others would be Yoichi Kotabe for his Super Mario art. I really wanna see a 2D Mario game that looks like this too.

View attachment 161458

Tetsuya Nomura. I know he gets a lot of flack for belts and zippers, but when he isn't going crazy with those (and lately he's veered away from them...plaid is his new design fetish, but that one is a bit more tasteful lol), he really makes striking character designs. As a Kingdom Hearts nerd, I love his work there the most, in particular his off the cuff traditional drawings. I also think his designs for the Torna members in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are not only some of the best designs in that game, but some of his best work in recent memory. I always look forward to his takes on Final Fantasy characters he didn't originally design, usually via Dissidia.

View attachment 161469

Satchley is a more recent one for her work on Doki Doki Literature Club. While the in-game sprites intentionally look a bit amateurish, the CGs look great and I especially love her off the cuff Twitter drawings and other promotional art that's come out more recently. Her greatest strength is probably how she can pack so much emotion and feeling into the character's eyes, perfectly capturing how the character is feeling at a given moment.

Just compare the below picture and any other Sayori art to the CG of Sayori's dead body on the noose to REALLY see what I mean. The lifeless eyes were the main reason that artwork is so startling to me even out of context.

View attachment 161471

And while I haven't played through the older FE games just yet, I'm a big fan of Wada Sachiko's art on the Fire Emblem games. I'd love a new game with her art being the basis for the game, though at least she's been coming back to do FE Heroes units fairly consistently, as well as a lot of FE Cipher art.

View attachment 161473

There are more I could list but I don't wanna ramble on for too long.
Wada Sachiko is legitimately my favorite Fire Emblem artist (right above Hidari and Asatani Tomoyo, who are also wonderful). Her art is what I consider the definitive Fire Emblem look, especially for Marth given how often she draws him. She captures Virion wonderfully too.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I really don't care much for the "streamlined unlocking process", I still want my oddball ones.

Not the :mewtwomelee: "wait 20 hours lmao" one, the ones like :ness2: "reflect 5 projectiles", which is so simple you wouldn't expect them to account for that.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Inb4 Ridley's unlock criteria is perfect shielding 100 times outside of Training Mode.

Chrono.

I really don't care much for the "streamlined unlocking process", I still want my oddball ones.

Not the :mewtwomelee: "wait 20 hours lmao" one, the ones like :ness2: "reflect 5 projectiles", which is so simple you wouldn't expect them to account for that.
Something tells me they'll just make it so the single player mode unlocks them automatically or something.

But even if they do, I hope we get alternate ways of unlocking them like usual. I always liked going through the methods, not to mention actually fighting them felt satisfying.

As a kid, hearing the Melee challenger approaching siren got me shook every time.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
As a kid, hearing the Melee challenger approaching siren got me shook every time.

That theme always scared the hell out of me. Like one time I thought I just broke my ****ing game or something.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Defeat Dracula without taking damage for :ultsimon:
I'm really hoping we get a solid amount of bosses. I would say a boss per realizable series but that seems like a bit much for development.
Gonna make my own tiny list real quick

Obviously going to exclude series that don't really need or have bosses. This includes :ultfalcon::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultlittlemac::ultgnw::ultpacman::ultrob::ultvillager::ultmiifighters:
Some may seem wrong but I'm taking size into account since most of the bosses are pretty large, and nothing really comes to that size prerequisite. I'm also not using preexisting bosses from other series (Rayquaza, Porky, etc). I also won't be using characters in stages or assist trophies (Kraid, Knuckles, etc.)

:ultmario: - King Bob-Omb
:ultdk: - Tiki Tong
:ultlink: - Phantom Ganon
:ultsamus: - Nightmare
:ultkirby: - Zero
:ultfox: - Andross
:ultyoshi: - Raven
:ultpikachu: - Necrozma
:ultness: - R7038XX
:ultmarth: - Grima
:ultpit: - Hades
:ultwario: - Captain Syrup
:ultsnake: - Metal Gear REX (ft. Liquid Snake)
:ultsonic: - Dr. Eggman
:ultolimar: - Titan Dweevil
:ultmegaman: - Dr. Wily
:ultshulk: - Territorial Rotbart
:ultryu: - Oni
:ultcloud: - Sephiroth
:ultbayonetta: - lol i know nothing about bayonetta
:ultinkling: - DJ Octavio

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so you guys see that big kerfufle with loz18 beign found on discord, him basically saying skull kid looks to eb playable and that we shouldnt bet on isaac onyl for gamefaqs to find out and lead to a cover up so badly laid out that it was still going on after the owner of the discord loz was in admited that he was there and did infact say thoes things?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm really hoping we get a solid amount of bosses. I would say a boss per realizable series but that seems like a bit much for development.
Gonna make my own tiny list real quick

Obviously going to exclude series that don't really need or have bosses. This includes :ultfalcon::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultlittlemac::ultgnw::ultpacman::ultrob::ultvillager::ultmiifighters:
Some may seem wrong but I'm taking size into account since most of the bosses are pretty large, and nothing really comes to that size prerequisite. I'm also not using preexisting bosses from other series (Rayquaza, Porky, etc). I also won't be using characters in stages or assist trophies (Kraid, Knuckles, etc.)

:ultmario: - King Bob-Omb
:ultdk: - Tiki Tong
:ultlink: - Phantom Ganon
:ultsamus: - Nightmare
:ultkirby: - Zero
:ultfox: - Andross
:ultyoshi: - Raven
:ultpikachu: - Necrozma
:ultness: - R7038XX
:ultmarth: - Grima
:ultpit: - Hades
:ultwario: - Captain Syrup
:ultsnake: - Metal Gear REX (ft. Liquid Snake)
:ultsonic: - Dr. Eggman
:ultolimar: - Titan Dweevil
:ultmegaman: - Dr. Wily
:ultshulk: - Territorial Rotbart
:ultryu: - Oni
:ultcloud: - Sephiroth
:ultbayonetta: - lol i know nothing about bayonetta
:ultinkling: - DJ Octavio
>Grima
>Not

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Adventure Time ends tomorrow.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
>Adventure Time ends tomorrow.
Whoa, the series finale's airing tomorrow?

I knew it was coming at some point this year, but now that it finally is......it's almost hard to believe. I didn't follow every last season, but man, I watched Adventure Time for so many years. I even once called it my favorite show, and while it doesn't hold that spot anymore, I still hold it in a high regard. So many funny, mystical, weird adventures throughout the years, involving one remaining human boy and his magical stretching talking dog. It started out so fun and silly, but invoked more mature and serious themes with some actual storylines later on, while maintaining the fun and bizarre comedy that made it was known for from the beginning.

I'm definitely gonna check the finale out. I might not have been there for the complete ride, but I've caught up on more recent important events in the show. I need to see how the adventures end.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Mythra Mythra , Jojalole Jojalole , and anyone who is interested in XB2 at all

Look at this.
Lora get chained and is unable to attack at all, but since she is still able to change blades, she switch Jin to Haze and Haze remove the statue effect.

The battle system is looking really interesting the more I see it, that and the fact it kinda remind me of a 3v3 fighting game is really making me excited for this DLC. Ryu Blade wen?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom