• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

*grabs a chair*

Please discuss.
He won't discuss my brilliant team of fully evolved pokemon that got swept by a team of nothing but unown.

That and he's a dumb

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I knew the latter but you got swept by Unown?
Somewhat. What I did was create a team of Ledian, Beedrill, Delibird, Luvdisc, Shuckle, and Farfetched. And I beat that same team with another team I created being only of Unown.

Funnily enough. The only pokemon that presented a major problem to the unown team was ****ing beedrill.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Somewhat. What I did was create a team of Ledian, Beedrill, Delibird, Luvdisc, Shuckle, and Farfetched. And I beat that same team with another team I created being only of Unown.

Funnily enough. The only pokemon that presented a major problem to the unown team was ****ing beedrill.
I'm having a difficult time believing this because if its real, then the upcoming Let's Go games are actually mandatory.

D

Deleted member

I'm having a difficult time believing this because if its real, then the upcoming Let's Go games are actually mandatory.
Well the thing is that Beedrill has stab X Scissor which absolutely destroys unown. Along with being faster. In singles the unown can handle every pokemon but beedrill. In doubles however, beedrill gets one-shotted.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

That could only happen if all of those Pokémon had Special Defense-subtracting natures, and you had Hidden Powers super effective against each of them.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Man I remember being into competitive Pokemon and literally only playing bug teams.
I don't think I had any other team I just had Ariados because I wanted to prove how he was "decent enough". Spammed the **** out of Toxic Web.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You're sassing, but I'm gonna enjoy mine.

frame0000270h-1528933743685.jpg

Lookit this adorable little ****.

Lookit im.

D

Deleted member

That could only happen if all of those Pokémon had Special Defense-subtracting natures, and you had Hidden Powers super effective against each of them.
Wrong, or at least on the natures. The thing is you don't know the movesets. Like delibird has choice band, but is has a tendency to miss due to its ability. Also, all of the unown has choice specs. Which make it so that the other pokemon are at least 2ko aside from shuckle. But shuckle can't really do ****.

You're partly right about the super effectiveness though. But most of the unown know hidden power psychic. The others are hidden power rock and ice. Not for the weak team though, it was just for general coverage I guess. They're not optimized to beat the other team though, otherwise I'd probably invest in defenses(LMAO) over speed for instance.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You’re not getting the pikachu one?

WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE REAL RED!?
Somebody doesn't click poll options.

More to the point though, public face notwithstanding, Eevee is one of my personal favorite mons.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Let's Go makes me feel stupid mechanically but when you let it set in that you can be a little girl who's got a Gengar bouncer at your back...
I'm ****ing appalled, what is this Gen Z iFunny clone

Ivander

Smash Legend
Let's Go makes me feel stupid mechanically but when you let it set in that you can be a little girl who's got a Gengar bouncer at your back...
To think it doesn't need to be Gengar. *looks at Gyarados, Onix, Kabutops, etc*

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And the winner is the Ms Video Game, Ms Pac-Man. She captured the hearts of many as much as her hubby. Dig Dug saw sizable support while Gil barely managed to beat Mappy.

Next are a few other classic Namco faces. They are a bit on the obscure side, but still popular in their own right. The choices are Rick Taylor from Splatterhouse, Wonder Momo, Valkyrie, and Don-Chan from Taiko.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Begin!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This video is old but I only found out about it now so I might as well share.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope - 4K & Full HD Remaster (yes, that's the actual title) is a remaster of the Xbox 360's Star Ocean: The Last Hope. It's available on PC and PS4, with PS4 Pro support.

What's really interesting about it though is that the full suite of PC graphics options is available on PS4 and PS4 Pro. The game can be pushed up to native 4K on PS4 Pro (though you can't set it to 720p even though you can on a PS4, which is weird but not a huge deal since you can hit a locked 60 FPS on PS4 Pro at 1080p with almost everything else maxed out), and even on a base PS4, you can adjust a bunch of other options like DoF, Camera Blur, Shadow Resolution, etc.

While you can't hit a completely locked 4K60 on PS4 Pro, you can get close and the game generally looks fairly nice.

I kinda wish more developers did this as it gives players the freedom to customise their experience to their liking. It's especially useful in games with large, detailed open environments.

Also, I got a number of PSP games added to my emulation collection. Most of them aren't worth showing off at 4K60, but one that stood out was Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, which holds up really well. I'm surprised Square Enix hasn't given it a HD remaster, when Type-0, a considerably worse looking and "empty" game, not to mention far less popular PSP game, got a remaster. The game is a huge fan favourite in the FF community, and a remaster of it could tie in really nicely with the FFVII Remake, since Crisis Core is a prequel to FFVII. Maybe they will do one in the coming years.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
These past few three episodes of Season 3 have been rising up in quality and enjoyment, with each episode better than the last. We've now reached the climax of the Uprising Arc with this episode, and oh man, did I enjoy it!

The fight between Levi's squad and Kenny's squad was a thrill to watch! The animation started out decent, but as the fight developed, it got better and better. Mikasa and Levi's moments were the highlights of the fight in terms of animation. Jean had a pretty nice kill on the soldier too, and even the expressions on his face when performing it conveyed his emotions quite well; disgusted that he had to kill the human (since he is more used to fight Titans), but he knows he has to do it after learning what Levi taught him. Sasha had some killer snipes with her bow: one was a fire arrow to make the smoke barrels explode, the other was to snipe an Interior MP person that was about to kill Connie; more of Sasha showing her archery skills is good stuff. Hange's moments in the entire fight were also pretty good (that stab she did to one of Kenny's teammates: damn!): that snipe Traute did that ultimately brought Hange down was painful to watch (I mean, Hange got her elbow stabbed by the end of the wire, then thrown into one of the crystal columns back first; painful stuff!)

Looking back at that fight sequence, it's funny how the weaknesses of Kenny's squad using their Anti-human 3D Maneauvering Gear is similar to the titans: that is, they are essentially exposed from the back (the way how that specific variant of the anti-human 3D Maneauving Gear is that the weapons and and the maneuvering part move forward with limited range to move back). Armin's input on how the weapons work helped shed light on that.

The one addition to this battle that was absent in the manga that I really liked was Levi vs Kenny round 2. In the manga, Kenny didn't fight Levi at all inside the cave. Here, he does. I really liked the anime's addition of it here since it helps make the connection and rivalry between Levi and Kenny feel more personal, not to mention it also makes the battle feel more like a final battle of sorts between the two characters. Kenny managed to put Levi in a tough spot for a few moments, but Levi prevailed using a water bottle filled with an explosive liquid substance to blind Kenny temporarily and slice him in his stomach to force the latter to retreat back to Rod.

The rest of the episode focused back on the ritual. Rod takes a quick trip to fetch a small bag that contains the Titan serum that will be used to transform HIstoria into a Pure Titan. Eren sees the serum and remembers it was a similar serum that his dad used to turn him into a Titan; realizing what this means, Eren begins to struggle and tries to speak despite the gag preventing him from doing so. The anime makes this scene emotional with the way Eren tries to speak through it; props to Yuki Kaji for communicating Eren's struggle quite nicely!

Rod also reveals some major things regarding the history of the walled society: the walls were created by the First Reiss King's Titan power where he ordered Titans to harden themselves, thus creating the walls. He then used his Titan power to erase humanity's memories with his scream (or roar if you'd like to call it that). I was kinda hoping they'd animate the part where the First Reiss King's Titan does the scream so that we can finally see its full face, but the mural-like stills was a good choice to give a historic-like presentation of those events.

We also learned that Frieda Reiss was the only one who knew about the history of humanity before the walls were created, and she inherited the Reiss's Titan power from Rod's younger brother/Frieda's uncle, Uri Reiss, 8 years prior to what's happening right now. We also learn that the Coordinate is a power that can only be fully accessed by someone with royal blood, hence why Rod wants Historia to eat Eren.

Speaking about the Coordinate, I like how the anime makes the Coordinate's power more clearer compared to the manga: not only does the anime show the violet/bluish eye color change even in human form, but you can also see something similar to beacons of light (looking like a cosmic star too) quite visibly (it was present in the manga too, just not as clear).

Rod also mentions that all Historia has to do to gain Eren's Titan powers is to ingest his spinal fluid. This is an important reveal. It explains why Eren wasn't killed when he was eaten by that Bearded Titan back in the Trost arc: that Titan never bit through Eren's spine or brain, so it wasn't able to ingest Eren's spinal fluid, kill Eren, and take away his Titan powers.

Kenny's dialogue when he came back to Rod was very enjoyable. I loved how he called out on Rod's empty words and realized how scummy Rod was. What made it even more satisfying was how Kenny threatened to kill him with the gun first and then his knife. Kenny's words to Historia was also awesome: he spells out to her that Rod's only using her just for his own personal gain and that he doesn't truly love her at all. She needed to hear those words because she's fallen for her father lies and needs to wake up to reality.

I do wish this scene was longer though: Kenny's roast on Rod was more satisfying in the manga since he adds the additional details about how Rod "just wanted to have some fun with servants," and Kenny also gives a small bit of context regarding how he and his fellow Interior MP members showed up on the assigned errand from the nobility to kill Historia and her mother.

Kenny eventually climbs the steps and cuts Eren's forehead so that Eren can titanize and duke it out against Historia's Pure Titan form (his dialogue throughout the rest of the episode was fun too, since everything he says is pretty much what the audience is thinking as they watch all of this happening). However, while Historia begins to hesitate about injecting herself with the Titan serum, she notices that Eren hasn't transformed yet. It is then we reach this pivotal scene:

Way back when I started watching and reading AoT, I didn't care for Eren.

But when I read this same scene in the manga, this was the moment Eren began to grow on me as a character. He is now at the lowest point he's ever been at this moment: after learning the truth about what his dad did, hearing Rod's words to Historia, and Historia proclaiming the goal Eren wants to Kenny, Eren realizes that his whole life up to this point was a lie since he'll never be able to fully unlock the power of the Titan Grisha stole from the Reiss, and that he won't fulfill his dream that he long sought. By extension, this also means all the lives that were lost for his sake were for nothing. The thought of all this crushes Eren so much that he becomes completely suicidal, wanting Historia to eat him and save humanity in his stead.

The anime definitely makes the scene more emotional. The EMA soundtrack from Season 1 comes back for this scene, fitting for a sad moment like this. The flashbacks to all the people that died for Eren's sake was a new addition to the anime, and it helped deliver more feels to the situation. Perhaps the factor that's the most important in making it more emotional than the manga was Yuki Kaji's voice-acting. Yet again Yuki Kaji proves how fantastic of a VA he is by being able to nail the emotion a character goes through, anger and sadness especially. He captures Eren's grief very nicely so that you can understand just how emotionally and psychologically broken Eren is at the moment.

While Eren did have bits of character development sprinkled into Season 2 with his fight with Reiner making him realize fighting with rage will get him nowhere and hearing Mikasa's words in the Season 2 finale that made him start moving away from fighting to kill all Titans and instead fight to protect what's most dear to him, the scene where Eren has his breakdown in the cave is when his character development really kicks in. I can't say much else without going into spoilers, but you'll get my point as these next few episodes go by.

Seeing Eren's grief, Historia remembers how grateful she was when Eren called her a normal person at the beginning of the arc. It especially hits her now because the moment Eren said, "I never should've happened," she relates to how she thought of herself that way for quite some time being the illegitimate child of the royal family. This only makes her even more hesitant to become a Titan now than she was prior.

While hesitating, Historia now questions if Rod's words about the First King's power: if the First King wanted to save humanity, why didn't he use his Titan powers to kill all the Titans over retreating to the walls? Rod explains that he actually did try to convince his dad to use the Titan power to defeat all the Titans, but those attempts were all for naught as Mr. Reiss refused. When Uri eventually inherited the Reiss Titan power from their dad, Rod realized that staying within the walls was the path to peace, and with the Coordinate, that person becomes God. Thus, it is best to leave the powers to someone who can actually use it and continue keeping society caged within the walls while making sure they don't learn about the outside world to keep them from worrying about dangers and the past that led to them.

Upon hearing Rod saying that she will become "God" by inheriting the Coordinate, Historia recalls what Ymir told her: stop letting other's judgments of yourself get into your head, throw away those stigmas, and live a life you can be proud of. This pivotal moment is what finally makes Historia snap and realize her dad really is just using her and trying to manipulate her with those words like "God," and it leads to this awesome moment:

^At that moment, Historia Reiss became best girl of Attack on Titan.

I absolutely loved this scene when I read it in the manga, and it was the moment she became my favorite AoT character. It's the culmination of her character development: a character who had to live with such a negative stigma growing up that led to her to playing the good girl "Krista Lenz" just so others can think well of her, and when she is finally given the choice to become the ultimate heroic and saintly-figure of the world by the help of her father, she ultimately turns it aside and remembers the lesson that Ymir taught her (as well as remembering what Kenny and Eren were saying to her during the ritual) to finally gain confidence for herself, see through her dad's lies, and and finally form her own identity that she can be proud of.

The way she tossed the syringe to the side to anger her dad and then threw him to the ground when he got mad at that was very satisfying to watch. Those three years of brutal military training sure payed off considering how she managed to throw her dad like that and give him a major back injury.

And we can't forget what she does for Eren in that same scene: Eren is still depressed and suicidal, and Historia has to knock sense into him by bonking him on the head to try to get him to snap out of it, and she even has to go as far as saying how she wants humanity dead just to bring Eren back onto his feet in a critical moment like this.

Meanwhile, injured from Historia's attack and desperate to regain the Coordinate back to his family's hands, Rod decides to lick the Titan serum and turn himself into a Titan that looks monstrously big (practically Colossal Titan size), and the episode ends. I liked how the anime puts that new addition of Rod's eyes and his mouth flash with light the moment he licked the serum: we finally have a clear visual of how someone turns into a Pure Titan firsthand!

This was a 10/10 episode overall. It's another new personal favorite episode for Season 3 thus far, at least for me. The battle in the first 5 minutes was epic, and the anime exclusive scene of Levi vs Kenny Round 2 was a very good addition. The characterization moments were very well done too: Rod shows just how scummy he is with his empty words, and Kenny speaks the mind of the audience by telling Historia about the truth regarding Rod and commenting about the unfolding events. More importantly, Eren is now facing a major inner turmoil that has left him so emotionally damaged that it initiates character development he will soon undergo, and Historia finally learned to quit letting stigmas get to her and become her own person. The animation and music were still pretty good too (the soundtrack that plays when Historia rebels against her dad was my personal favorite), though I did think that rap song during the Levi vs Kenny fight wasn't needed.

Adaptation-wise, I'd say this was a solid good adaptation of the chapters the manga covered. The only things that could've been adapted better was including including all the dialogue from Kenny during his roast on Rod and including that one flashback of Frieda and Historia where Frieda suddenly goes mad and tells little Historia, "Didn't I tell you to not go beyond the fence," when she checks on Historia's wound. That flashback was part of the reason why Historia questioned her dad regarding why the Reiss never used their Titan power to kill all the Titans. It also shows how the full extent of the Reiss's Titan power can only be brought about by their own family members, whereas the anime seemed to mostly just tell it thus far.

I'm hoping next week's episode will be solid. My only concern is that the missing scene of Levi choking Historia might be moved here, but that wouldn't be a good addition here since Levi originally did that before Historia's big moment of character development, so to put it after this episode wouldn't flow well with her character. Maybe, assuming this does happen next episode, if the anime can add some context behind the dialogue between the two characters, maybe it will be good reordered scene. We'll see.

And with that, I'm officially changing my avatar to best girl and my favorite AoT character. Today's episode makes it the perfect time to do so!

D

Deleted member

I have came back just to say I hope redfeatherraven redfeatherraven had a happy birthday! I hope he had a fantastic one!

I hope he enjoyed that cake and had the time of his life. :)

That does not mean I am back.

*Vanishes*

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
These past few three episodes of Season 3 have been rising up in quality and enjoyment, with each episode better than the last. We've now reached the climax of the Uprising Arc with this episode, and oh man, did I enjoy it!

The fight between Levi's squad and Kenny's squad was a thrill to watch! The animation started out decent, but as the fight developed, it got better and better. Mikasa and Levi's moments were the highlights of the fight in terms of animation. Jean had a pretty nice kill on the soldier too, and even the expressions on his face when performing it conveyed his emotions quite well; disgusted that he had to kill the human (since he is more used to fight Titans), but he knows he has to do it after learning what Levi taught him. Sasha had some killer snipes with her bow: one was a fire arrow to make the smoke barrels explode, the other was to snipe an Interior MP person that was about to kill Connie; more of Sasha showing her archery skills is good stuff. Hange's moments in the entire fight were also pretty good (that stab she did to one of Kenny's teammates: damn!): that snipe Traute did that ultimately brought Hange down was painful to watch (I mean, Hange got her elbow stabbed by the end of the wire, then thrown into one of the crystal columns back first; painful stuff!)

Looking back at that fight sequence, it's funny how the weaknesses of Kenny's squad using their Anti-human 3D Maneauvering Gear is similar to the titans: that is, they are essentially exposed from the back (the way how that specific variant of the anti-human 3D Maneauving Gear is that the weapons and and the maneuvering part move forward with limited range to move back). Armin's input on how the weapons work helped shed light on that.

The one addition to this battle that was absent in the manga that I really liked was Levi vs Kenny round 2. In the manga, Kenny didn't fight Levi at all inside the cave. Here, he does. I really liked the anime's addition of it here since it helps make the connection and rivalry between Levi and Kenny feel more personal, not to mention it also makes the battle feel more like a final battle of sorts between the two characters. Kenny managed to put Levi in a tough spot for a few moments, but Levi prevailed using a water bottle filled with an explosive liquid substance to blind Kenny temporarily and slice him in his stomach to force the latter to retreat back to Rod.

The rest of the episode focused back on the ritual. Rod takes a quick trip to fetch a small bag that contains the Titan serum that will be used to transform HIstoria into a Pure Titan. Eren sees the serum and remembers it was a similar serum that his dad used to turn him into a Titan; realizing what this means, Eren begins to struggle and tries to speak despite the gag preventing him from doing so. The anime makes this scene emotional with the way Eren tries to speak through it; props to Yuki Kaji for communicating Eren's struggle quite nicely!

Rod also reveals some major things regarding the history of the walled society: the walls were created by the First Reiss King's Titan power where he ordered Titans to harden themselves, thus creating the walls. He then used his Titan power to erase humanity's memories with his scream (or roar if you'd like to call it that). I was kinda hoping they'd animate the part where the First Reiss King's Titan does the scream so that we can finally see its full face, but the mural-like stills was a good choice to give a historic-like presentation of those events.

We also learned that Frieda Reiss was the only one who knew about the history of humanity before the walls were created, and she inherited the Reiss's Titan power from Rod's younger brother/Frieda's uncle, Uri Reiss, 8 years prior to what's happening right now. We also learn that the Coordinate is a power that can only be fully accessed by someone with royal blood, hence why Rod wants Historia to eat Eren.

Speaking about the Coordinate, I like how the anime makes the Coordinate's power more clearer compared to the manga: not only does the anime show the violet/bluish eye color change even in human form, but you can also see something similar to beacons of light (looking like a cosmic star too) quite visibly (it was present in the manga too, just not as clear).

Rod also mentions that all Historia has to do to gain Eren's Titan powers is to ingest his spinal fluid. This is an important reveal. It explains why Eren wasn't killed when he was eaten by that Bearded Titan back in the Trost arc: that Titan never bit through Eren's spine or brain, so it wasn't able to ingest Eren's spinal fluid, kill Eren, and take away his Titan powers.

Kenny's dialogue when he came back to Rod was very enjoyable. I loved how he called out on Rod's empty words and realized how scummy Rod was. What made it even more satisfying was how Kenny threatened to kill him with the gun first and then his knife. Kenny's words to Historia was also awesome: he spells out to her that Rod's only using her just for his own personal gain and that he doesn't truly love her at all. She needed to hear those words because she's fallen for her father lies and needs to wake up to reality.

I do wish this scene was longer though: Kenny's roast on Rod was more satisfying in the manga since he adds the additional details about how Rod "just wanted to have some fun with servants," and Kenny also gives a small bit of context regarding how he and his fellow Interior MP members showed up on the assigned errand from the nobility to kill Historia and her mother.

Kenny eventually climbs the steps and cuts Eren's forehead so that Eren can titanize and duke it out against Historia's Pure Titan form (his dialogue throughout the rest of the episode was fun too, since everything he says is pretty much what the audience is thinking as they watch all of this happening). However, while Historia begins to hesitate about injecting herself with the Titan serum, she notices that Eren hasn't transformed yet. It is then we reach this pivotal scene:

Way back when I started watching and reading AoT, I didn't care for Eren.

But when I read this same scene in the manga, this was the moment Eren began to grow on me as a character. He is now at the lowest point he's ever been at this moment: after learning the truth about what his dad did, hearing Rod's words to Historia, and Historia proclaiming the goal Eren wants to Kenny, Eren realizes that his whole life up to this point was a lie since he'll never be able to fully unlock the power of the Titan Grisha stole from the Reiss, and that he won't fulfill his dream that he long sought. By extension, this also means all the lives that were lost for his sake were for nothing. The thought of all this crushes Eren so much that he becomes completely suicidal, wanting Historia to eat him and save humanity in his stead.

The anime definitely makes the scene more emotional. The EMA soundtrack from Season 1 comes back for this scene, fitting for a sad moment like this. The flashbacks to all the people that died for Eren's sake was a new addition to the anime, and it helped deliver more feels to the situation. Perhaps the factor that's the most important in making it more emotional than the manga was Yuki Kaji's voice-acting. Yet again Yuki Kaji proves how fantastic of a VA he is by being able to nail the emotion a character goes through, anger and sadness especially. He captures Eren's grief very nicely so that you can understand just how emotionally and psychologically broken Eren is at the moment.

While Eren did have bits of character development sprinkled into Season 2 with his fight with Reiner making him realize fighting with rage will get him nowhere and hearing Mikasa's words in the Season 2 finale that made him start moving away from fighting to kill all Titans and instead fight to protect what's most dear to him, the scene where Eren has his breakdown in the cave is when his character development really kicks in. I can't say much else without going into spoilers, but you'll get my point as these next few episodes go by.

Seeing Eren's grief, Historia remembers how grateful she was when Eren called her a normal person at the beginning of the arc. It especially hits her now because the moment Eren said, "I never should've happened," she relates to how she thought of herself that way for quite some time being the illegitimate child of the royal family. This only makes her even more hesitant to become a Titan now than she was prior.

While hesitating, Historia now questions if Rod's words about the First King's power: if the First King wanted to save humanity, why didn't he use his Titan powers to kill all the Titans over retreating to the walls? Rod explains that he actually did try to convince his dad to use the Titan power to defeat all the Titans, but those attempts were all for naught as Mr. Reiss refused. When Uri eventually inherited the Reiss Titan power from their dad, Rod realized that staying within the walls was the path to peace, and with the Coordinate, that person becomes God. Thus, it is best to leave the powers to someone who can actually use it and continue keeping society caged within the walls while making sure they don't learn about the outside world to keep them from worrying about dangers and the past that led to them.

Upon hearing Rod saying that she will become "God" by inheriting the Coordinate, Historia recalls what Ymir told her: stop letting other's judgments of yourself get into your head, throw away those stigmas, and live a life you can be proud of. This pivotal moment is what finally makes Historia snap and realize her dad really is just using her and trying to manipulate her with those words like "God," and it leads to this awesome moment:

^At that moment, Historia Reiss became best girl of Attack on Titan.

I absolutely loved this scene when I read it in the manga, and it was the moment she became my favorite AoT character. It's the culmination of her character development: a character who had to live with such a negative stigma growing up that led to her to playing the good girl "Krista Lenz" just so others can think well of her, and when she is finally given the choice to become the ultimate heroic and saintly-figure of the world by the help of her father, she ultimately turns it aside and remembers the lesson that Ymir taught her (as well as remembering what Kenny and Eren were saying to her during the ritual) to finally gain confidence for herself, see through her dad's lies, and and finally form her own identity that she can be proud of.

The way she tossed the syringe to the side to anger her dad and then threw him to the ground when he got mad at that was very satisfying to watch. Those three years of brutal military training sure payed off considering how she managed to throw her dad like that and give him a major back injury.

And we can't forget what she does for Eren in that same scene: Eren is still depressed and suicidal, and Historia has to knock sense into him by bonking him on the head to try to get him to snap out of it, and she even has to go as far as saying how she wants humanity dead just to bring Eren back onto his feet in a critical moment like this.

Meanwhile, injured from Historia's attack and desperate to regain the Coordinate back to his family's hands, Rod decides to lick the Titan serum and turn himself into a Titan that looks monstrously big (practically Colossal Titan size), and the episode ends. I liked how the anime puts that new addition of Rod's eyes and his mouth flash with light the moment he licked the serum: we finally have a clear visual of how someone turns into a Pure Titan firsthand!

This was a 10/10 episode overall. It's another new personal favorite episode for Season 3 thus far, at least for me. The battle in the first 5 minutes was epic, and the anime exclusive scene of Levi vs Kenny Round 2 was a very good addition. The characterization moments were very well done too: Rod shows just how scummy he is with his empty words, and Kenny speaks the mind of the audience by telling Historia about the truth regarding Rod and commenting about the unfolding events. More importantly, Eren is now facing a major inner turmoil that has left him so emotionally damaged that it initiates character development he will soon undergo, and Historia finally learned to quit letting stigmas get to her and become her own person. The animation and music were still pretty good too (the soundtrack that plays when Historia rebels against her dad was my personal favorite), though I did think that rap song during the Levi vs Kenny fight wasn't needed.

Adaptation-wise, I'd say this was a solid good adaptation of the chapters the manga covered. The only things that could've been adapted better was including including all the dialogue from Kenny during his roast on Rod and including that one flashback of Frieda and Historia where Frieda suddenly goes mad and tells little Historia, "Didn't I tell you to not go beyond the fence," when she checks on Historia's wound. That flashback was part of the reason why Historia questioned her dad regarding why the Reiss never used their Titan power to kill all the Titans. It also shows how the full extent of the Reiss's Titan power can only be brought about by their own family members, whereas the anime seemed to mostly just tell it thus far.

I'm hoping next week's episode will be solid. My only concern is that the missing scene of Levi choking Historia might be moved here, but that wouldn't be a good addition here since Levi originally did that before Historia's big moment of character development, so to put it after this episode wouldn't flow well with her character. Maybe, assuming this does happen next episode, if the anime can add some context behind the dialogue between the two characters, maybe it will be good reordered scene. We'll see.

And with that, I'm officially changing my avatar to best girl and my favorite AoT character. Today's episode makes it the perfect time to do so!
damn, Yuki has been getting better at VA

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
raymans in brawlhalla much apathy was felt
Eh: I mean, I guess this might reduce his chances a bit for Ultimate, but I don't think Rayman is completely out of the running.

Besides, this is a Ubisoft published game: putting their own character in a situation like this does make sense.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
**** guys they added Sonic to Sonic the Fighters, coming to Nintendo Switch, he will never be in Smash now! :(

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Well guys.

I got in the elevator and finished the final chapter of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and thus, the game itself.

-This scene at the beginning seems oddly familiar. " . . . Professor Klaus." Oh. So that's why it seems familiar. So that means that the two games are connected, which I didn't expect.
-Kind of cool how Malo's true name is "Logos".
-It's both really cool and kind of sad to see Elysium in it's current form. The music is kind of nice as well.
-The whole dream sequence with all of the other party members felt kind of creepy. I didn't have too much trouble with them though, as Roc was able to usually finish them off in only a few driver arts.
-Seeing Rex's self doubt in the last part of the test felt a little sad in my opinion, contrasting what he is normally like in the story.
-Klaus is the Architect!?
And apparently, he has his memories from when he was human too!
-Apparently, he only exists in half of his form, meaning that the Architect and Zanza exist at the same time, and that both Xenoblades run parallel to each other!
-Interesting that we now know the full life cycle regarding blades and their creation.
-I'm guessing the Conduit is a reference to the Zohar from Xenosaga, but I haven't played the Xeno games that aren't the Xenoblade games.
-Related to XC1,
I'm guessing Gralea is the real name of Meyneth when they were a human.
-Apparently, all of the members of Torna wanted to die. I definitely knew that with Jin, but I wouldn't have guessed that in regards to Akhos and Patroka.
-Artiface Aion was quite difficult for me, mainly due to a lot of his attacks doing incredibly high damage to me, especially Siren Blast(I think that's what it was called).
-Great to hear Drifting Soul once again.
-"Today, we use our power to fell a god, and then seize our destiny!" Once again, cool seeing that both games run parallel to each other.
-Unlike Amalthus, I actually managed to beat Malos using a Full Burst during a chain attack . . . even though I entered overkill with the first attack. I guess I was a little too careful.
-R.I.P. Malos, he was a great villain.
-Kind of sad how Pneuma has to die. Although, Pyra and Mythra appear in the ending, so . . .
-I'm guessing the new world that's seen is a sort of new Elysium of sorts.
Overall, I loved the game, but expect me to write up my full thoughts on the game sometime later, because I have a lot of them.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
As someone who would probably have Rayman on their Top 5 Most Wanted for Smash list, please remember that Rayman being in Brawlhalla has no correlation to Rayman being in Smash.

If he isn't in Smash, then he was never going to be whether he was in Brawlhalla or not. Don't hate on Brawlhalla for "stealing" him.

On that note, he looks really cute in the game. I might get it now.

IMG_20180903_023913.jpg

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
As someone who would probably have Rayman on their Top 5 Most Wanted for Smash list, please remember that Rayman being in Brawlhalla has no correlation to Rayman being in Smash.

If he isn't in Smash, then he was never going to be whether he was in Brawlhalla or not. Don't hate on Brawlhalla for "stealing" him.

On that note, he looks really cute in the game. I might get it now.

View attachment 161444
Oh my god he really is cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom