• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The latest trailer for Ralph Breaks the Internet dropped, and it looks great. Definitely looking forward to it.
While I did really like what I saw, I'm just worried it's going to stray too far from why I loved the first film.

Prove me wrong, Didneh

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
New Overwatch character revealed, not to surprising but pretty cool:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Was going to post this. She looks really cool! As a support main, I definitely see those situations Jeff talks about when Genji/Tracer is on your tail and nobody helps... And since everyone only wants to play DPS, I always end up either playing support or tank. The concept of a support/tank is really awesome, I can't wait to try her out.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah I'm not digging her armor.

She doesn't have the pizzazz the other heroes do.

Like, everyone else has something to make them stand out.

What does Bridget have, design wise?

Chrono.

Originally I thought we were going to get a enhanced port, with like... two to four new characters and some amalgamated content from both versions. I didn't think there would be a massive upgrade or anything, in part because I expected the game a little sooner than we'll be getting it. Then it just kept on not showing up. And the last round of Smash amiibos launched at a super random time, which, while could be due to licensing issues as posited, I believe is more indicative of the game getting pushed back past its initial intended release.

Now I believe we'll get something tantamount to a step between MK8D and Splatoon 2. I've always maintained Smash 4 will be the base, like Splatoon 1 was clearly the base to Splatoon 2, but I do think we'll get enough new content to the point where Nintendo, if they were inclined, could brand the game as something different than another version of Smash 4. Don't get me wrong, I think the game will clearly look like a Smash 4 enhancement, it will just have enough to overly differentiate itself. Whether this is an increased amount of characters (my new guess is up to eight) and stages, a new mode, or an overhauled UI, I do think this game will turn out more like a Smash 4.5 than a Smash 4 Deluxe.

This is, of course, just my shot in the dark. But we'll see.

I don't believe we're close to a real Smash 5, regardless of how Nintendo brands this game.
You're right.

Cause we already have Smash 5.

Chrono.

Idk but people really wanted her playable ever since she showed up in that comic, so I guess it doesn't matter much if she's already liked.

Skins will probably help in that area.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You're right.

"We already have Smash 5" is right up there with "Why do you want Goku from Yuyuki?" as far as annoyingly pedantic Smash replies.

D

Deleted member

Well, finished Okeanos. This is competing with France for my favorite Singularity so far.
There's not much I want to say about it other than that I loved every single character, even Blackbeard was an incredibly enjoyable villain. And Drake is one of my favorite characters now, she was just too good.
Everyone except Jason, that is. **** him. He's like, F/SN!Gilgamesh up to eleven, just without the power to back his ego.

The final boss though?
Hardest one for me until now. Had to rearrange Party line up and CEs to kill it. Thankfully, I managed to ascend Cursed Arm Hassan after losing the forst time and that gave him Protection Against The Wind which extended his survivability long enough that my first 5 Servants could take down the Demon Pillar's HP by half.
"Everyone ****ing dies except Cu" was the strategy and I'm surprised it actually worked because I gambled with RNG hoping Medea Lily wouldn't kill Cu at ~2000 HP with two turns for his skills to recharge.

I feel like letting Cu solo things makes it easier somehow

Gonna start London later today, just hope I can get it done before the Prison Tower event ends

Ivander

Smash Legend
Just saw her recently. Considering how fun it is to play Reinhardt, I can't wait to give her a try. She seems decent against Tracer and Genji.

That being said, where are some new Male Heroes? I mean, out of the new heroes since release, Doomfist is the only new Male Hero. Meanwhile, you have Ana, Sombra, Orisa, Moira and now Brigette. 5 new Female Heroes. Like I'm certainly not against female Heroes, but don't forget about male Heroes. I mean, the same goes for Defense Heroes as well. So far, we've gotten 2 new Offense Heroes, 1 new Tank and 3 new Supports.

She's a Support/Tank hybrid. Her skills are a mix between her father Torbjorn and Reinhardt, her godfather and who named her.

-She has a shield that allows her to defend teammates and herself, although it's not as big as Reinhardt.
-She uses Repair kits to heal teammates and any additional health they get is converted into armor.
-She does good damage up close like Reinhardt, meaning she can decently defend herself against Genji and Tracer.
-She has a Whip-shot that pushes away enemies and she has a Shield Bash that stuns enemies.
-Her Ultimate gives her additional speed and she provides armor to all her allies around her that stays until they are removed by damage.

Basically, like Moira, where the fanbase were asking for a Talon Healer as well as a Life-stealing character, Brigette is a Support/Tank hybrid that the fanbase was also asking for, especially as it's very common for people to get stuck with teammates that only choose DPS characters and ignore Tanks and Support, thus forcing that "last person" to choose between a Tank or a Support.
The fanbase is hoping that with Brigette being a Support/Tank hybrid, it will reduce some stress on those who have the moment of being forced to pick either a Tank or Healer, as they can now choose a character who can both defend and heal now.

Aesthetically, she's nothing too impressive, as design-wise, she's a mix between Reinhardt and Zarya. But for those who like the Heroes for their gameplay, she's definitely bringing something different to the table. Like I said, she's a semi-Tank who can heal. But she can also give armor(not shields) to allies, something only Torbjorn could do and she can actually defend herself decently against flankers like Tracer, Sombra(who just got a major buff), Genji and Reaper.
Whereas most other Healers are in trouble once the flankers start targeting them and they cannot defend themselves easily(as they have either one or no ways to defend against flankers) and have to hope either their teammates help them or hope their flanker misses alot, Brigette has not one, but 3 skills that she can defend herself with against flankers, with a Shield, a Stun and a knockback.
So it's no wonder why people are excited for her, especially with the fact that Jeff and the Overwatch team have been hyping her and are hoping for her to be meta-changing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This needs to be shown to the entire Smash fanbase.
So I finished the History test early and I think I aced it. My teacher was blabbing with another one and I was incharge, because I finished my other work early and I was highly intelligent. I was allowed to be incharge, so do not think what I am doing is stupid. I took a mean look at every student to make sure that they did their darn work. If one started socializing instead of working, I went right up to them and told them to work. Thoughts?
YES, HAHAHA I GOT IN THE COURSE I WANTED I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW.
Congratulations! It feels good to get what you want in school, especially when it is about progress in education.
The latest trailer for Ralph Breaks the Internet dropped, and it looks great. Definitely looking forward to it.
Me too!

Chrono.

Free PS3 and PS Vita games will be out of the PS Plus service by next year. Not really known if they'll add more services to it, but with a year away there could be some announcements on the horizon.

"We already have Smash 5" is right up there with "Why do you want Goku from Yuyuki?" as far as annoyingly pedantic Smash replies.
They can't all be slam dunks. :p

Ivander

Smash Legend
Just saw her recently. Considering how fun it is to play Reinhardt, I can't wait to give her a try. She seems decent against Tracer and Genji.

That being said, where are some new Male Heroes? I mean, out of the new heroes since release, Doomfist is the only new Male Hero. Meanwhile, you have Ana, Sombra, Orisa, Moira and now Brigette. 5 new Female Heroes. Like I'm certainly not against female Heroes, but don't forget about male Heroes. I mean, the same goes for Defense Heroes as well. So far, we've gotten 2 new Offense Heroes, 1 new Tank and 3 new Supports.

She's a Support/Tank hybrid. Her skills are a mix between her father Torbjorn and Reinhardt, her godfather and who named her.

-She has a shield that allows her to defend teammates and herself, although it's not as big as Reinhardt.
-She uses Repair kits to heal teammates and any additional health they get is converted into armor.
-She does good damage up close like Reinhardt, meaning she can decently defend herself against Genji and Tracer.
-She has a Whip-shot that pushes away enemies and she has a Shield Bash that stuns enemies.
-Her Ultimate gives her additional speed and she provides armor to all her allies around her that stays until they are removed by damage.

Basically, like Moira, where the fanbase were asking for a Talon Healer as well as a Life-stealing character, Brigette is a Support/Tank hybrid that the fanbase was also asking for, especially as it's very common for people to get stuck with teammates that only choose DPS characters and ignore Tanks and Support, thus forcing that "last person" to choose between a Tank or a Support.
The fanbase is hoping that with Brigette being a Support/Tank hybrid, it will reduce some stress on those who have the moment of being forced to pick either a Tank or Healer, as they can now choose a character who can both defend and heal now.

Aesthetically, she's nothing too impressive, as design-wise, she's a mix between Reinhardt and Zarya. But for those who like the Heroes for their gameplay, she's definitely bringing something different to the table. Like I said, she's a semi-Tank who can heal. But she can also give armor(not shields) to allies, something only Torbjorn could do and she can actually defend herself decently against flankers like Tracer, Sombra(who just got a major buff), Genji and Reaper.
Whereas most other Healers are in trouble once the flankers start targeting them and they cannot defend themselves easily(as they have either one or no ways to defend against flankers) and have to hope either their teammates help them or hope their flanker misses alot, Brigette has not one, but 3 skills that she can defend herself with against flankers, with a Shield, a Stun and a knockback.
So it's no wonder why people are excited for her, especially with the fact that Jeff and the Overwatch team have been hyping her and are hoping for her to be meta-changing.
Oh, something else I forgot to mention is that Her Passive skill, Inspire, heals her and her allies whenever she hits enemies with her regular attack or her Whip shot skill. So she not only heals with Repair Kits, but also by hitting enemies. So there's that too.

D

Deleted member

We need Smash 6. Smash 6 is Smash for Switch. :troll:
My depression might lose the battle today. :)
Does anyone admire me?

D

Deleted member

In my opinion, Smash 4 is 3DS and Wii U. They are almost exactly the same lol.
Then again...... Smash 4 could be 3DS because it came not exactly when Smash for Wii U came out!
Two very good arguments.
Darn it Smash community!

D

Deleted member

Saying Smash for Wii U is Smash 5 is like saying Breath of the Wild for the Switch is BotW 2.
It's just a port, it doesn't matter that it has some different stuff, it has the same base and content.

D

Deleted member

Really? When did this come out? Is Smash 5 just a YouTube video? I can see the fans getting salty already. :troll:
Saying Smash for Wii U is Smash 5 is like saying Breath of the Wild for the Switch is BotW 2.
It's just a port, it doesn't matter that it has some different stuff, it has the same base and content.
True, true true. I agree.
You're right.

I guess if you are that kind of person, it is true.

@PushDustIn is a charm though.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
BotW is basically the same game in all sense aside from a few tweaks to better accommodate for the system it's on, there's nothing special that truly separates the two. With Smash 4, while it does share things between its different iterations (the biggest example being the roster), it also has a number of things that it doesn't such as modes (ex. Smash Run vs. Tour, or even the two Classic Modes), many stages classic or new (ex. N's Castle and Brinstar vs. Pokémon League and Kongo Jungle), trophies (ex. Fossil Fighters), and other such things. So while they have a similar base, what Smash 4 and BotW use that base for is quite different, one does try to incorporate new experiences for whichever version you pick up, BotW if you get both the Wii U and Switch version the differences only really come from the systems they're on.

A better comparison would actually be Pokémon on a larger scale. Like Smash 4, Pokémon uses one base for its two games, but then it uses that base to add differing content to make one at least slightly different from the other such as version exclusive Pokemon, different towns (like BW), Day/Night system (like SM), and other such content. The idea is that you won't get the exact same experience when you pick up one game and you can see how that was carried over into Smash 4 as there are things about the 3DS version that you won't get with the Wii U one and vice versa. It also would be reflective of Sakurai's direction when it comes to the Smash franchise as he does put effort into making each iteration of the franchise different.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Does anyone admire me?
I admire your ability to shine with optimism in the face of depression.

Don't let that shine fade away!!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Hoff.... Hoff....
I got bored on getting rare Blades for now, but I didn't want to proceed the next chapter either, so I go and try to beat that level 130 Tyrannotian Kurodil.
And man... It took me 5 tries.... Also switching some Blades.

Nia: Dromarch, Dahlia, Kasandra
Rex: Pyra/Mythra, Finch, Floren
Zeke: Pandoria, Ursula, Boreas

Despite I do feel that it was just me lucky.... Here is what happened
Get 8 orbs.... And it wasn't easy due to that monster's train rampage attack that will kill Nia... But on Rex as long as Nia and Zeke heals him he will be fine. And murder ray..... Really scummy attack since it will randomly kill 1-2 members...

I do chain attack when the monster is about 50% left and about to use that Ultimate annihiilation ray.... Unfortunately I failed to complete the chain. Fortunately, it did not go rage mode so I quickly fill up the party gauge and... Heal.... Right when it is about to do Ultimate ray again... I do chain attack got to Full Burst and got it at the low HP...
And then I did once last two orb chain attack...

Edit: Just while I was continuing to get rare blades....and typing this...
I didn't look at the flashing sequence since I was just opening a rare core crystal...
Oh my Alrest! It has been over a month! Finally!
Oddly though, I didn't use booster on this one...
Next one, KOS MOS
I dunno if I should compliment you or smack you for not having a dedicated tank and putting the Driver Combo based characters as AI. But hey, you beat him without endgame equipment an that's cool.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
And there you go! I have finished every single sidequest in Xenoblade 2, normal, blades or even DLC sidequest.

And soon enough, I will also reach S rank with all blades in the games! The only blades that I need to do are Vess and Vales.

Just in time for the NG+ too, it almost make me happy that the update was delayed.

Chrono.

Apparently it's Xenosaga's anniversary.

Happy Birthday Xenosaga I still don't have KOS-MOS **** you Monolith.

Still love you Monolith

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
And the winner was of course the popular Mimikyu, Pikachu would be so proud. The other forms of Lycanroc made it a decently popular choices. Although it seems neither much are interested in fellow Mysticals Tapu Coco nor Magearna.

Next up is the semi-final Gen 7 poll, which includes two recent mystical additions (One being a Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon exclusive). Your picks are Zeraora, Marshadow, Kommo-o, and Salazzle.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Won't be long until the Ultra Beasts.
Voting for Zeraora because its a badass thunder cat.

D

Deleted member

And there you go! I have finished every single sidequest in Xenoblade 2, normal, blades or even DLC sidequest.

And soon enough, I will also reach S rank with all blades in the games! The only blades that I need to do are Vess and Vales.

Just in time for the NG+ too, it almost make me happy that the update was delayed.
You can do it! As much as I honestly want that game, I am afraid I will take me a long time to finish it. Looks good though!
I admire your ability to shine with optimism in the face of depression.

Don't let that shine fade away!!
Thank you. I may fall but my optimism will never go away.
Apparently it's Xenosaga's anniversary.

Happy Birthday Xenosaga I still don't have KOS-MOS **** you Monolith.

Still love you Monolith
I am going to say it, but KOS-MOS looks ugly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
In other news, the opening cutscene for Kirby: Star Allies has been released on Youtube for everyone to see.

Meta Knight inspecting his sword... nice to see a more casual side to him!

GameXplain also uploaded footage of two new boss fights in the game:

One of the bosses shown is...

another one of the generals who appears to be related to Francesca.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Does anyone admire me?
I'm glad you've surmounted your depression today, but if that kind of thing is a daily battle for you, I'd hope and recommend you have or find someone you can talk things through with.
Depression isn't something to risk festering unchecked.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Looks like you need to be punished.

I'd say all 3 games look kinda screwed up to me.

She cute in the anime tho
Heh, She look fine in 3 imo.

For 1, I say it's normal since it was the first game in the trilogy. But for 2? They don't have any excuse.

Also, isn't that gif NSFW?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Looks like you need to be punished.

I'd say all 3 games look kinda screwed up to me.

She cute in the anime tho
Considering the amount of boob freedom in XC2 Im surprised KOS-MOS doesn't do that when using X-Buster.
A character tries to undress her during her quest tho.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I love KOS-MOS as much as her trilogy series. XS3 especially is one of my most favorite games. <3

Horay for XS anniversary today I guess :D

And I still have yet to finish the XS anime. Slowly happening...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom