• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

The only game that I totally agree with is Xenoblade Chronicles X.
They should have include Smash4.. .

My prediction and ideas:
I think they will call it Xenoblade Chronicles X+, with some additional stuff such as new skell type, quest, and armor. Can adjust sounds like in 2, have additional story after the game.
And release Xenoblade Chronicles X+pro special edition and pro controller.
Bruh they literally say why they excluded certain games at the start. Including Smash 4.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Bruh they literally say why they excluded certain games at the start. Including Smash 4.
I think they specifically mentionned at the beginning that Smash and Mario Maker would not be included since they were uncertain if Nintendo would do ports or just go the Splatoon route and make a full-on sequel.
To be frank, I was rushed so I skipped that part....
That said, their reason was a bit strange (except they mention they already have a dedicate video about it) , it can pretty much get MK 8 Deluxe treatment port, and get a new one afterwards.

So I just think... Why not both when it comes to Smash? I know it might sound too much but that's just me.

Also in my opinion Super Mario Maker has to be either a sequel or an enhanced port on Switch, and should belong to "unlikely" section to some degree since it also relies on gamepad when editing levels.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
That said, their reason was a bit strange (except they mention they already have a dedicate video about it) , it can pretty much get MK 8 Deluxe treatment port, and get a new one afterwards.
It could still get the Splatoon 2 treatment because that happened.

Could go either way with Smash, really.

Last edited:

Chrono.

So who was the dumbass who said we'd be getting a Direct on February because we're basically on March now.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Today will forever be the best day for fire emblem heroes.

Not only did I get the free legendary Ike for the first time, I also got 5 star Gunthraa in first summon session and then in the next one I got 5 star Jafaar, Summer Leo and to top it off, legendary Ephraim.

So essentially got the 3 legendaries I was missing plus a bit extra for just under 40 orbs!

D

Deleted member

I'm thankful I got a good IV for VA!Hector, I could always try pulling more for merges or for DC fodder but I think that'd be getting a bit too greedy.
For now, I think I'll wait for either:
-Another Ninian banner
-Spd Tactic to get released
-Another Flying Dancer
-Forrest or Shura to get added in a Fates banner
-Some broken ass skill to be added that I'll need to get into one of my main units

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I mean, I guess that could happen, but only if the new Smash is different enough to justify it.

After all, we didn't get both for Splatoon because 2 ended up being very similar.
I mean since it debut, Smash always has a new title on Nintendo's home console, but we already see some exception like Smash 3ds.

So I think enhance port is more likely since there were many content missed due to 3ds limitation, and same with Wii U, bad online.

Remember why they didn't include Ice Climbers? I bet they will return on the new port, with a new alt color reference to the neon red and blue joy con (did they have this alt color in Brawl?)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Til There is a Japanese King of the hill dub and what makes it even better, Hanks father, cotton, was a WWII vet that fought the Japanese
I said a day earlier.
It was on the 26th. Close enough, right?
So what I said still is valid, GF never told about a new gen game on Gen 1s Birthday

Unless they did in the past and Im just out of it

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I mean since it debut, Smash always has a new title on Nintendo's home console, but we already see some exception like Smash 3ds.

So I think enhance port is more likely since there were many content missed due to 3ds limitation, and same with Wii U, bad online.

Remember why they didn't include Ice Climbers? I bet they will return on the new port, with a new alt color reference to the neon red and blue joy con (did they have this alt color in Brawl?)
I don't think this makes a port in itself likely. Yes, it could happen. But the 3DS was also treated similar to a console anyway, as it wasn't a side option for gamers but a full blown one, no different from the Wii U. Plus, considering how severely popular it is, it's not that surprising it got a Smash game. It was Sakurai who wanted it on both, if I remember right, but most importantly, handhelds are vastly more popular in Japan(plus, he was aware people wanted a handheld Smash too).

Whether a port or not happens depends upon other factors we don't know about. It could be a timing thing, like if they just want to improve the game and bring back some heavily missed veterans. But they could've been working on an entirely new game for a while now. We don't know at this point. Obviously ports are very successful. Smash however has never had a port or remake at any point, whether other series has, so who knows.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The latest trailer for Ralph Breaks the Internet dropped, and it looks great. Definitely looking forward to it.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The latest trailer for Ralph Breaks the Internet dropped, and it looks great. Definitely looking forward to it.
"These 10 child stars went to prison."

I know Disney has been alot more open to darker facts of life lately, but good lord, that's one of the last things I'd expect to hear in a Disney film. That last bit with the cat and bunny got me laughing though. Either way, it's looking very nice.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't think this makes a port in itself likely. Yes, it could happen. But the 3DS was also treated similar to a console anyway, as it wasn't a side option for gamers but a full blown one, no different from the Wii U. Plus, considering how severely popular it is, it's not that surprising it got a Smash game. It was Sakurai who wanted it on both, if I remember right, but most importantly, handhelds are vastly more popular in Japan(plus, he was aware people wanted a handheld Smash too).
Not really, if you talking about 3ds version is not much different to the Wii U version:
- 3ds had fewer and different trophies than Wii U version, and were less detailed.
- No eight player Smash for 3ds, Smash run is fun but heavily limited
- Some stages are different as well
- resolution on 3ds was so bad that they add rough outline for characters.
- less soundtrack on 3ds
- no stage builder on 3ds

I mean, I like Smash 3ds and most of those are understandable compromise, but man it was so limited. So if they release a Smash 4 port, I will definitely buy it.

Hell I think Smash 4 was the game that somewhat semi-visioned the console Switch... I had sort of thought why wouldn't we have a version that is a full fledged Smash and you can also play on the go?

Despite it has been 6 years since the first movie, not much graphics change...
The bunny part was so hilarious. Not sure if the bunny just popped or popped and then made the girl see gore....
Also...
No Felix...
No real video game characters (not even Sonic)
Besides internet I think this will focus on mobile games as well.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not really, if you talking about 3ds version is not much different to the Wii U version:
- 3ds had fewer and different trophies than Wii U version, and were less detailed.
- No eight player Smash for 3ds, Smash run is fun but heavily limited
- Some stages are different as well
- resolution on 3ds was so bad that they add rough outline for characters.
- less soundtrack on 3ds
- no stage builder on 3ds

I mean, I like Smash 3ds and most of those are understandable compromise, but man it was so limited. So if they release a Smash 4 port, I will definitely buy it.

Hell I think Smash 4 was the game that somewhat semi-visioned the console Switch... I had sort of thought why wouldn't we have a version that is a full fledged Smash and you can also play on the go?

Despite it has been 6 years since the first movie, not much graphics change...
The bunny part was so hilarious. Not sure if the bunny just popped or popped and then made the girl see gore....
Also...
No Felix...
No real video game characters (not even Sonic)
Besides internet I think this will focus on mobile games as well.
Felix is confirmed to be in the film, as is Calhoun. We don't know the extent yet, but considering it's only the first public trailer, there's likely a lot they haven't shown yet.

"These 10 child stars went to prison."

I know Disney has been alot more open to darker facts of life lately, but good lord, that's one of the last things I'd expect to hear in a Disney film. That last bit with the cat and bunny got me laughing though. Either way, it's looking very nice.
It's a joke about spammy clickbait headlines, akin to the "Dermatologists hate him!" type. The "Childstars who went to prison" is one of the more recurring ones. :p

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's a joke about spammy clickbait headlines, akin to the "Dermatologists hate him!" type. The "Childstars who went to prison" is one of the more recurring ones. :p
Oh, I'm fully aware of that. I'm just surprised they went with that rather than say, "_____ hate him" or "10 of these people are vegetarians. The 4th one may surprise you." or something more light-hearted. I'm just saying one of the last things I'd expect to hear in a film from a company with family friendly movies and that has had plenty of child stars would be "these child stars went to prison."

Last edited:

Chrono.

My only worry for the movie is that it becomes over saturated with internet parodies and memes I've seen time and time again.

So far so good.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This was pretty funny. They knew exactly what to target and accurately portrayed everything. Can’t wait to see it.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Today will forever be the best day for fire emblem heroes.

Not only did I get the free legendary Ike for the first time, I also got 5 star Gunthraa in first summon session and then in the next one I got 5 star Jafaar, Summer Leo and to top it off, legendary Ephraim.

So essentially got the 3 legendaries I was missing plus a bit extra for just under 40 orbs!
Originally I would have said the same thing because Dorcas was my free summon and then in less than 70 orbs I got Ephraim, Gunthra, and an extra Summer Corrin. My orbs were still sitting at three digits, right where I like it.

But then I checked my Ephraim's IVs...
-ATK, +SPD

Needless to say I now have only two orbs, a Shiro, and yet another Summer Corrin.

Damn you IVs... causing me to make really poor decisions when I should have just quit while I was ahead...
Although it's nice to have a Shiro I guess, but I lack Seigbert which would fit better on the Tactics team.

I just gotta hope the next new heroes banner doesn't look me in the eyes...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm starting an Ultra Moon playthrough. I already started up a save file but I deleted it because I haven't touched it in a while and... I guess I just wanted to play it consistently.
Should I be a boy or a girl?

D

Deleted member

I've always been wondering, isn't it the first time Walt Disney Animation Studios produces a sequel?

And no I'm not talking of the direct-to-video movies like the 2 Lion King sequels or the ones produced by DisneyToon Studios like Peter Pan 2 and The Jungle Book 2.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So uhhhhh I found some things

Jesus what the **** was that final scene
Oh, GOSH, it's one of THOSE movies.

The animation mill [REDACTED] so bad that entire memes are based around one of them that were somehow released as Playstation titles.

I'm astonished that stores even carry those instead of them simply appearing mysteriously in random Ebay auctions or like, being mailed mysteriously to victims' homes with a dire note included like some kind of creepypasta.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Goku was almost SEGA's failed mascot.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...e_world_was_supposed_to_be_a_dragon_ball_game

If you have a PS4 and somehow don't have Bloodborne yet then you are a heretic and must die now's the time to get it.

I'm always on the cusp of getting PS+ but never do, and kinda can't atm. So sadly these'll wait.

Also arachnophobia makes Bloodborne kinda impossible for me as much as I hate to say it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I've always been wondering, isn't it the first time Walt Disney Animation Studios produces a sequel?

And no I'm not talking of the direct-to-video movies like the 2 Lion King sequels or the ones produced by DisneyToon Studios like Peter Pan 2 and The Jungle Book 2.
Nope. The Three Caballeros, The Rescuers Down Under, Fantasia 2000, and Winnie the Pooh (2011) were all WDAS-created sequels. This is just the first one in a while.

D

Deleted member

Welp, it's that time
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I really like all of the Alola starters.
In case you haven't been paying attention, I started my Ultra Moon playthrough about an hour ago.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace

Whether a port or not happens depends upon other factors we don't know about. It could be a timing thing, like if they just want to improve the game and bring back some heavily missed veterans. But they could've been working on an entirely new game for a while now. We don't know at this point. Obviously ports are very successful. Smash however has never had a port or remake at any point, whether other series has, so who knows.
Personally, I'm around the 75:25 group myself. Although I believe a Smash 4 port is still highly likely, I'm not immediately ruling out a Smash 5. Though in the case for a Smash 4 port, I'd say an enhanced Sm4sh could do well, as Mario Kart was in a similar scenario before it (The series had never gotten any enhanced ports before 8 Deluxe on the Switch), yet MK8D is one of the Switch's best-selling titles, especially considering how little was added beyond the revamped Battle Mode. I could see a "Smash 4.5/4DX" having a lot of potential saleswise, especially considering how they could simply beef up the Wii U version with the best of the 3DS version's content (plus a few cherries on top) and call it a good day's work.

Smash 4, in my opinion, deserves to have its lifespan extended on the Switch instead of being left to rot on the Wii U. Although I'm not counting out the popularity of the 3DS versus the Wii U, as mario123007 mario123007 said, if you take a look at the 3DS version's content versus the Wii U version's, the little 3D handheld's limitations become very apparent in comparision. I believe content such as Smash Run could benefit from the Switch's capabilities, and it'd be a shame if it were to stay on the rather-overlooked 3DS version. (On that subject, if a Smash 4DX happens, if someone has the idea of Smash Run replacing Smash Tour altogether, they should get a raise.)

I'm probably just spouting off random nonsense at this point, and admittedly this is really just my thirst for more first-party multiplayer-oriented games on Switch that aren't Mario Kart or Splatoon, but I felt like this would be an opportune moment to give my two cents about the "Smash 4DX vs Smash 5" debate.

Chrono.

Okay so I got Super Saiyan Blue for my Saiyan Avatar and I got the true ending for the main story after getting all 5 Time Eggs.

Future Trunks goes rogue and decides to "fix" the timeline he originally came from, by helping Future Gohan kill the Androids. He knows he can't go back to Conton City anymore so he quits being a Time Patroller and stays in his timeline.

In a way, his storyline came full circle. lol

Meanwhile, Bardock is still out there, free from Mira and Towa's control and got to Super Saiyan 3 level thanks to Towa's power boost from being mind controlled.

If I had to guess, Bardock might end up as an actual Patroller, maybe even in Trunks's old position by the third game.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Originally I thought we were going to get a enhanced port, with like... two to four new characters and some amalgamated content from both versions. I didn't think there would be a massive upgrade or anything, in part because I expected the game a little sooner than we'll be getting it. Then it just kept on not showing up. And the last round of Smash amiibos launched at a super random time, which, while could be due to licensing issues as posited, I believe is more indicative of the game getting pushed back past its initial intended release.

Now I believe we'll get something tantamount to a step between MK8D and Splatoon 2. I've always maintained Smash 4 will be the base, like Splatoon 1 was clearly the base to Splatoon 2, but I do think we'll get enough new content to the point where Nintendo, if they were inclined, could brand the game as something different than another version of Smash 4. Don't get me wrong, I think the game will clearly look like a Smash 4 enhancement, it will just have enough to overly differentiate itself. Whether this is an increased amount of characters (my new guess is up to eight) and stages, a new mode, or an overhauled UI, I do think this game will turn out more like a Smash 4.5 than a Smash 4 Deluxe.

This is, of course, just my shot in the dark. But we'll see.

I don't believe we're close to a real Smash 5, regardless of how Nintendo brands this game.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And the winner was of course the popular Mimikyu, Pikachu would be so proud. The other forms of Lycanroc made it a decently popular choices. Although it seems neither much are interested in fellow Mysticals Tapu Coco nor Magearna.

Next up is the semi-final Gen 7 poll, which includes two recent mystical additions (One being a Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon exclusive). Your picks are Zeraora, Marshadow, Kommo-o, and Salazzle.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Won't be long until the Ultra Beasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom