• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The winner was Decidueye, and the other starters didn't do too bad either. Thing is, I did notice that more seem to be as vocal about Primarina as Incineroar. And Crabrawler, expect it to evolve into a Crabominable later due to loss.

Next up are more Gen 7 Pokemon, half of these are mysticals for obvious reasons and a certain Pikachu lookalike. Your picks are Magearna, Tapu Koko, Mimikyu, and Lycanroc.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And begin.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The winner was Decidueye, and the other starters didn't do too bad either. Thing is, I did notice that more seem to be as vocal about Primarina as Incineroar. And Crabrawler, expect it to evolve into a Crabominable later due to loss.

Next up are more Gen 7 Pokemon, half of these are mysticals for obvious reasons and a certain Pikachu lookalike. Your picks are Magearna, Tapu Koko, Mimikyu, and Lycanroc.

And begin.
**** Magearna.

That is all.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh boy, I can't wait to be killed continuously to insta-death crocodiles and hippos. And they said the Water Temple from Ocarina of Time and Atlantica from Kingdom Hearts 2 were the worst Water levels.
I vastly prefer the Water Temple to the Great Bay Temple, honestly. Heck, it's even easier than Swamp Palace. Oddly enough, Master Quest's Water Temple gives me more trouble, despite it being technically easier by giving you more keys. Then again, didn't they design Jabu Jabu's Belly to be easier in MQ as well?

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871

Anyway, I have a fun game for FE Fans and everybody else.
https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Birthday
Using the Tactician Birthmonth and Blood Type(you can use either International or Japanese), determine your Affinity. If you don't know your Blood Type, use something like 1st Quarter, 2nd Quarter, 3rd Quarter and 4th Quarter or Fifths if you mix the NA Affinities with the JP Affinities. Ice and Anima are also treated as Water and Earth.

And if you want to really have fun, use the Tactician Birthmonth and Blood Type to give the Awakening and Fates characters Affinities using their Birthdays.

Edit: Oh, just to mention, mine would be Thunder.
Going by the international version, I would be Dark.
I don't know my blood type so sadly I can't figure out what my JP affinity is.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Going by the international version, I would be Dark.
I don't know my blood type so sadly I can't figure out what my JP affinity is.
Like I said, if you don't know your blood type, you could use something like 1st Quarter/2nd/3rd/4th of the month. Like in a 30 day month, it could be 8 days/8 days/7 days/7days or etc.
I vastly prefer the Water Temple to the Great Bay Temple, honestly. Heck, it's even easier than Swamp Palace. Oddly enough, Master Quest's Water Temple gives me more trouble, despite it being technically easier by giving you more keys. Then again, didn't they design Jabu Jabu's Belly to be easier in MQ as well?
Just to mention, I didn't say that the Water Temple was the worst level. And yeah, Water Temple wasn't too hard, although it is somewhat confusing in some parts. But I didn't have much trouble with it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

And begin.
Went with Magearna because it's adorable.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Like I said, if you don't know your blood type, you could use something like 1st Quarter/2nd/3rd/4th of the month. Like in a 30 day month, it could be 8 days/8 days/7 days/7days or etc.
Then in that case my affinity would be Wind for JP.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looking at my collection of ROMs and found this funny hack of SNES Star Fox called "Star Fox Nightmare" As you can tell in the video, it's a glitchy and hard-to-play nightmare. But very amsuing

Surprised I made this on my first recording and not lost a life.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly Pokemon not even teasing us with gen 8 game makes is a huge missed opportunity for them and kind of stupid. It would bring them so much more attention.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly Pokemon not even teasing us with gen 8 game makes is a huge missed opportunity for them and kind of stupid. It would bring them so much more attention.
Showing things off way too early is how we get things like Icons: Battle Arena.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's not how that works dude, this is Game Freak so we can trust them.
An early build is an early build regardless of who it's from. Regardless, it wouldn't be at all representative of the finished product. First impressions matter.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Using the Tactician Birthmonth and Blood Type(you can use either International or Japanese), determine your Affinity. If you don't know your Blood Type, use something like 1st Quarter, 2nd Quarter, 3rd Quarter and 4th Quarter or Fifths if you mix the NA Affinities with the JP Affinities. Ice and Anima are also treated as Water and Earth.

And if you want to really have fun, use the Tactician Birthmonth and Blood Type to give the Awakening and Fates characters Affinities using their Birthdays.

Ok, well I'm born in July and my blood type is O.

Move over Jon Snow, there's a new song of Ice and Fire in town. :p

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hype for being the rarest and most useless blood type anyone?

****in AB- I swear

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Speaking of blood type, I never understood why some fighting games shows the character's blood type.
Blood type is a bigger deal in Japan. They treat it not just as medically relevant, but, as a loose comparison, to astrology signs.

Hype for being the rarest and most useless blood type anyone?

****in AB- I swear
You can have some of mine if you want, I'm universal donor. ;P

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

Ooo I wonder what FE characters are the closest to my birthday!

Awakening says Lissa. That's disappointing... time to check Fates!

Azura and... Forrest?! Why is early March so emasculating? :cry:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions, redeem me! No one in March... Let's see, the closest is...

Barry Goodman.

WAIT NO GO BACK TO THE GIRLS.

One winged Devil

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4499-5767-3965
An early build is an early build regardless of who it's from. Regardless, it wouldn't be at all representative of the finished product. First impressions matter.
I'm pretty sure all game freak would have to do is say it's coming out this year and show some art of the game and people will throw their money at them.

D

Deleted member

Thunder for me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Showing things off way too early is how we get things like Icons: Battle Arena.
So a name drop wouldn’t be a problem. Give us something to speculate about at least. I’m not asking for footage but the names could be fun to speculate from. Plus I really doubt we won’t see the games announce fully later this year.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So a name drop wouldn’t be a problem. Give us something to speculate about at least. I’m not asking for footage but the names could be fun to speculate from. Plus I really doubt we won’t see the games announce fully later this year.
I don't understand the blame here.

We were never promised or even teased anything for this day, there's no precedent of reveals today, we know something is coming, and like you said, we almost assuredly will see it later in the year.

If GF wanted more attention, it'd be very easy for them to get it. That doesn't seem to be their goal. Believe me, when we do get a reveal, or even a tease, there will be enough attention to go around.

D

Deleted member

Screenshot_20180227-234308~2.png

Historians, 1000 years in the future from now:
"Damn, Alexander the Great was ripped! He has an eight-pack!"
"I'm telling you, Jack the Ripper was a 11-year old girl!"
"Swimsuit Arthur is canon to the Arthurian mythos and I have photo evidence!"

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Little did most FE fans know, Karin was doing her best years before Nino was.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
View attachment 137680
Historians, 1000 years in the future from now:
"Damn, Alexander the Great was ripped! He has an eight-pack!"
"I'm telling you, Jack the Ripper was a 11-year old girl!"
"Swimsuit Arthur is canon to the Arthurian mythos and I have photo evidence!"
Well, so far, it's already working with Nero if that one incident with the professor looking up Nero for his class is any indication.

Regardless, it's hilarious how many historical characters have more images of their Fate counterpart than their real life self.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The Japanese Nintendo Youtube Channel uploaded a new trailer for Kirby Star Allies:

Nothing majorly new shown, but there is a brief clips of what looks like to be a major antagonist early into the trailer.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The Japanese Nintendo Youtube Channel uploaded a new trailer for Kirby Star Allies:

Nothing majorly new shown, but there is a brief clips of what looks like to be a major antagonist early into the trailer.
So Kirby's not just breaking apart Pop Star now, he's breaking apart other moons and planets now? Savage.

That aside, it's cool to see references to Kirby 3 with the animal buddies and Kirby 64 with some of the specials, like the Curling stone and the Refrigerator abilities. Also, it would be cool if there was a mini Kirby Fighters or Smash Bros with the Helpers included. I swear many of the Helpers from Kirby could actually work as playable characters for Smash.

Chrono.

I don't just want ports, I want remakes of those two games....
No thanks.

I'd rather just see them remastered instead of Square either taking 100 years in remaking **** or we get a shoddy bare minimum remake like Secret of Mana.

D

Deleted member

I don't even know what my Blood type is. lol
Same here.
Thursday I am going to have fun. I am dueling with @PLATINUM7 again and potentially Nairo ( yes, your eyes do not need to be checked ). Waiting for @AreJay25 to see if he is interested in fighting me in Smash for Wii U as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Team Blood B+ represent :V

Im taking down the Superbosses of XC2, only one left.

-Gladiator Orion Lv. 100: A complete **** unless you have Reflect Immunity Aux Cores for everyone. Definitely gonna solo him with Mòrag & Brighid on NG+.

-Reeking Douglas Lv. 104: A pushover useful to farm cores if you killed the Armu at Torigoth

-Pernicious Benf Lv. 109: Its toxic breath and stomping tantrums can be troublesome, just as annoying as Blizzard Belgazas in XC1, dude legit deserves an 8 Element Full Burst

-Cloud Sea King Ken Lv. 110: Moon Matter Chip Machine; I used to send Ursula on a Mission and tried to kill the squid before she returned.

-Mk. VII Arek Lv. 114: If you don't Seal Reinforcements you gonna have a baaad time, in my case I brute forced it with Mythra as the robot has pretty low HP.

-Artifice Ophion Lv. 117: Pretty intimidating actually, he's prone to one-shot all the squad after you put enough orbs on it just to **** on you, a clutch Sacred Arrow saved me once, then a 6 Orb Full Burst didn't kill him, and a clutch Supernova saved me from complete wipeout when the snek used Calamity Fall when it had just a sliver of HP.

-Chickenheart Dagmara Lv. 120: Pew Pew bull****; equip Spike Defense Aux Cores, save your Lv. IV for Master Art, put an orb and use a Chain Attack when he uses Escape Route.

I hope Lv. 130 boi proves to be a real challenge :4zenobia:

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

And begin.
I would say Lycanroc, as long as it is the Midday form. (I don't like the Midnight one much because it reminds me of a character I despise)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom