• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How does a gun suddenly make this acceptable to you? A person handling a gun should absolutely be skilled with it..
That's why people don't consider two things when it comes to gun control:

1. Illegally obtained or inherited guns
2. Focusing on people who have guns now rather than people who may get guns in the future.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Another neighbor found dead this morning and nothing could had been done about it.

This combined with the goddamend shooting that happened makes me hate everything. This whole damn planet more than this hellish city that I can never escape.

Part of me wants Majora's Moon to just come crashing down and wipe out everything. I don't care, I've been patient with this dying planet for a long time and I am ****ing sick of it. Nothing will get better and only a fool will say otherwise.
Azure, is everything all right?

Sorry for your neighbor's loss, but things will get better. Don't say hopeless things like that.

And the planet isn't dying either. That won't happen until more millennia. Not even close.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Azure, is everything all right?

Sorry for your neighbor's loss, but things will get better. Don't say hopeless things like that.

And the planet isn't dying either. That won't happen until more millennia. Not even close.
Things will be alright? THINGS WILL BE ALL RIGHT?

Don't make me laugh. People say everything will be alright just to distract you from the fact that this world had gone to **** years ago.

It's just bull**** and people aren't facing the reality that this planet will always be ****. IF God cared about his creations so much, he would had saved them instead of watching them die on by one from his "heavenly throne".

I'd rather stick with my own mind that it's time to just time for this world to end already.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's why people don't consider two things when it comes to gun control:

1. Illegally obtained or inherited guns
2. Focusing on people who have guns now rather than people who may get guns in the future.
Illegally obtained or inherited guns are always going to be a thing, I don't deny that.

The fact that I'm an Irish man who has held and fired a rifle (at cans, don't worry lol) while I was barely even at my preteens is proof enough that people can get their hands on a gun even if they have no legal right to.

But the countries with strict gun control are safer than those without it, every time. It may not be the only thing making them safer but it definitely contributes.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Illegally obtained or inherited guns are always going to be a thing, I don't deny that.

The fact that I'm an Irish man who has held and fired a rifle (at cans, don't worry lol) while I was barely even at my preteens is proof enough that people can get their hands on a gun even if they have no legal right to.

But the countries with strict gun control are safer than those without it, every time. It may not be the only thing making them safer but it definitely contributes.
I agree, I just fear we'll end up less Australia route and more England route.

EDIT: Also just found out the shooter actually had a handgun on him. Oops.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Things will be alright? THINGS WILL BE ALL RIGHT?

Don't make me laugh. People say everything will be alright just to distract you from the fact that this world had gone to **** years ago.

It's just bull**** and people aren't facing the reality that this planet will always be ****. IF God cared about his creations so much, he would had saved them instead of watching them die on by one from his "heavenly throne".

I'd rather stick with my own mind that it's time to just time for this world to end already.
Sigh, I know that things aren't going well on your end. But things WILL get better. Just don't having this "Doomsday mindset" that the world sucks and it won't get better.

It takes time and you just have to be patient. I'm sure that neighbor of yours is in a better place and he's family misses him.

And please don't go into anymore "Why doesn't God care" statements either. I may be agnostic, but I know that he's a being that does care and he will take care of those that are hurt.

Get what I mean? Maybe take some time off line and relax before things escalate.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I got a debate question with that in mind

Would you rather a god enforce his authority over a people while keeping them safe but limiting their free will or give them free will but have the capability of harming each other.

With choice there comes the ability to make the wrong choice

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I agree, I just fear we'll end up less Australia route and more England route.

EDIT: Also just found out the shooter actually had a handgun on him. Oops.
Ireland is pretty similar to England in regards to these things and yeah it's pretty bad.

I mean, we're statistically one of the safest countries on the planet, but there are some laws that overdo it and could endanger innocents and protect intruders.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Would you rather a god enforce his authority over a people while keeping them safe but limiting their free will or give them free will but have the capability of harming each other.

Cmon man I don't wanna start getting biblical on this.

Guns control only affects guns purchased through legal means while the majority of Gun crimes are committed by people who can't legally own weapons

There are tons of guns available through the black market or just passed from hand to hand and impossible for the state to control.
Sure thing. I see there's a crime rate issue and a legal gun control issue, both exist independently from each other. Sure the line between them tends to blurr but i think they should be treated differently.

If the crime rate went down to let's say 'canadian level', do you think opinions on guns would change? Crime seems like a major argument for having gun but even if you have guns at home, i'm sure you'd rather not use them (not having a reason to).

:p Anyway i think you should all move to Canada, leave your guns at the border. We have plenty of room for everybody :p

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

I'm going to say that a middle school philosophy question won't provide a satisfactory answer for why those tournament players had to die.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

The latter, but it has no real bearing on this discussion.

It also depends on one's definition of free will. Absolute free will is a myth. We can only ever achieve an approximation of it.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Oh crap maybe I should have posted that some other time. Didn't know this topic was still being discussed. Sorry guys.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
PsychoIncarnate PsychoIncarnate

Look, no one is going to stop you from defending yourself. A gun or even two for home protection is clearly a constitutional right. But stockpiling multiple assault weapons isn’t really necessary for defending yourself from criminals, unless you’re making cocaine or some ****. I support the right to self defense and I don’t support anything that would prevent law abiding citizens from defending themselves with a gun. Without assault weapons, us Americans will still have dozens of guns to choose from. Could we just agree on some things and disagree on others, then leave this conversation behind us?
Assault weapons have been federally banned in the U.S. since 1986.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Oh crap maybe I should have posted that some other time. Didn't know this topic was still being discussed. Sorry guys.
Try to change the topic man, it would be appreaciated as it already run its curse.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Ugh, I just can't anymore I just can't...

Why is it always the USA? Why?

I am so sick and tired of this debate, cause litetally the no gun control laws side has already lost, the American public want proper gun control laws and every point the have made has already been proven false.

Literally anyone who argues don't ban assualt weapons cause crimanals will buy them illegally, by that stupid ****ing logic murder should be legal.

Those who make the moronic argument, I need guns to fight the US Government becomes tyranical, no that's not going to work cause the US Military has enough resources to get rid of any uprising easily.

Also if they need them to fight tyranny like they claim, why aren't they protecting the USA's minority communities from militarised police that harrass non-white middle class communities, cause that is government tyranny.

Its all just gun manufracter propaganda bull**** anyway. I am sick of this debate and the constant bull**** response jackass right wing politicains always use to defend this bull****, since they are just are just spouting propaganda from the gun manufacters that bribe them with electoral donations.

Also if this is mean, but I am done being nice in all this, cause I want it to stop already, so come on Democrats get your **** together and call the money Republicans get from the NRA what it actually is, bloody money from gun manufracturers.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Betting for Seliph/Sigurd.
This would actually make sense with the next banner being from their games.

Seliph actually got pretty poor stats and skills so he could definitely use it. Sigurd would be neat just to see.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So who’s tonight’s legendary hero reveal?

I’m hoping Marth or Caeda
I think it'll be Hrid. He has a sword in his artwork (and that makes him a candidate for the next Legendary Hero because the pattern suggests this time it'll be red unit of some sort) and with Fjorm and Gunnthra set to return for this Legendary Hero banner, it'd be a fitting time for him to make his Heroes debut here. There's also the whole datamine deal how Legendary Robin's battle will re-appear this time around, which might suggest this new hero won't have a Legendary Hero battle of his/her own.

I'll admit this is also my own bias speaking, because I really want Hrid to join my army. I'm already liking him from his debut chapter in FE: Heroes's story.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In post, I hope you guys realize my comment earlier was me attempting to draw attention to Yomi and Aussie's conversation. I just reread it and realized it could be misinterpreted

I figured you guys could be of far more use in that situation than me

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
In post, I hope you guys realize my comment earlier was me attempting to draw attention to Yomi and Aussie's conversation. I just reread it and realized it could be misinterpreted

I figured you guys could be of far more use in that situation than me
No problem, buddy, all that matters is that Yomi is okay now. Now keep that Geno support going strong!

I'm pretty sure everybody here knows you're not a d***. Even if you have that damn Overmind as your profile pic :p

No problem, buddy, all that matters is that Yomi is okay now. Now keep that Geno support going strong!
Geno's support is through the roof!

Yikes. I don’t really know what to say other than I’m glad you’re ok Yomi.
Thx to AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27 , he/she's the freaking hero of the day. Don't know him/her but he/she got my eternal respect.

Among all the bad things a friend saving a friend's life is probably the greatest thing i've ever witnessed on the internet.

Edit: sorry to bring that up again but i think it's important to see the good side of this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom