• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

They really should get rid of Robin's durability thing, it doesn't even work like they think it does because their moves aren't even that great lmao.

No reason Samus and Link should have infinite missles and arrows but Robin runs out.

D

Deleted member

Lets just put all of the Fire Emblem characters in Smash Bros. and call it "Smash Emblem".
:troll:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

They really should get rid of Robin's durability thing, it doesn't even work like they think it does because their moves aren't even that great lmao.

No reason Samus and Link should have infinite missles and arrows but Robin runs out.
I think it works, especially with how good his moves would be if they could just be spammed nonstop. Like, Thoron covers the whole stage from one end to another, Nosferatu just heals your HP and Levin Sword Smashes are crazy strong

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
More Fire Emblem characters, you say? Well, since Celica was already said...
image.png
"Winds, heed me!"

D

Deleted member

I think it works, especially with how good his moves would be if they could just be spammed nonstop. Like, Thoron covers the whole stage from one end to another, Nosferatu just heals your HP and Levin Sword Smashes are crazy strong
I'm a competitive player who is kinda okay with Robin and played Smash 4 in tourneys for a few years and...they really aren't. Arc Fire is easily avoidable, Nosferatu leaves you far too vulnerable and is risky and generally not worth doing, Arc Thunder is good enough, but the charged all the way is actually the worst way to use it. You charge it up the level before that so you can hit their shield and get a grab in.

The main thing that's good on Robin is Levin Sword, but all her other moves do not warrant the limit IMO. Me jabbing should not warrant me losing my Up B recovery.

D

Deleted member

*Farts*

Translation: "Heeded."
No no, the reference you wanna make is
I'm a competitive player who is kinda okay with Robin and played Smash 4 in tourneys for a few years and...they really aren't. Arc Fire is easily avoidable, Nosferatu leaves you far too vulnerable and is risky and generally not worth doing, Arc Thunder is good enough, but the charged all the way is actually the worst way to use it. You charge it up the level before that so you can hit their shield and get a grab in.

The main thing that's good on Robin is Levin Sword, but all her other moves do not warrant the limit IMO. Me jabbing should not warrant me losing my Up B recovery.
They come back so quickly though, Robin is fine as far as durability is concerned imo

D

Deleted member

No no, the reference you wanna make is

They come back so quickly though, Robin is fine as far as durability is concerned imo
I find the decision bad game design and them forcing a gimmick for no real good reason but to each their own.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm not against another Fiyah Emburem character in Smash

However, I would prefer someone that doesn't have a sword. It's not that I'm a "lol 2 many soordz uzers" person (I'm not), it's that I KNOW that swords is not even close to the only weapon the series uses.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My favourite thing about Robin in Smash is that, as a Rosalina player, I can just Down B Thoron and even if we're at opposite ends of the stage, they get hit back with it because it has such a long hitbox.

D

Deleted member

I find the decision bad game design and them forcing a gimmick for no real good reason but to each their own.
It's a main feature in FE games and Robin is the only one to use it in Smash. Removing it is removing the main factor that makes him unique from other character and wouldn't properly represent the FE series.

D

Deleted member

It's a main feature in FE games and Robin is the only one to use it in Smash. Removing it is removing the main factor that makes him unique from other character and wouldn't properly represent the FE series.
"Unique" doesn't mean "good" though. You could very well add in all kinds of hindrance mechanics from series such as ammo for Link's bombs and arrows, Samus' missiles, Ness having having a MP meter for all his PK moves, etc.

I don't feel this mechanic is neccesary to make him Fire Emblem, and funnily enough they removed this mechanic the very next game.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
More FE characters?
Yeah it's Burger King time.

If we actually get BK I'm gonna pop-off so ****ing hard.

D

Deleted member

"Unique" doesn't mean "good" though. You could very well add in all kinds of hindrance mechanics from series such as ammo for Link's bombs and arrows, Samus' missiles, Ness having having a MP meter for all his PK moves, etc.

I don't feel this mechanic is neccesary to make him Fire Emblem, and funnily enough they removed this mechanic the very next game.
Actually, those would be pretty cool, they should add those ammo/meter mechanics.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
More FE characters?
Yeah it's Burger King time.

If we actually get BK I'm gonna pop-off so ****ing hard.

Black Knight would make a cool Ike Echo.

Just give him Meta Knight's down B to 1. not have more counters and 2. reference Warp Powder.

Not sure for an up B tho... another teleport?

D

Deleted member

Black Knight would make a cool Ike Echo.

Just give him Meta Knight's down B to 1. not have more counters and 2. reference Warp Powder.

Not sure for an up B tho... another teleport?
Nah, keep Down B as it is but make it a Distant Counter. Can't remember who gave this idea but basically, he'd send in a shockwave when countering, allowing BK to counter projectiles or certain disjoint moves.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Nah, keep Down B as it is but make it a Distant Counter. Can't remember who gave this idea but basically, he'd send in a shockwave when countering, allowing BK to counter projectiles or certain disjoint moves.
First of all, that's really cool.

Second, Up B is the Warp Powder move then. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Chrom looks like he's gonna be faster than Lucina and Marth in Smash which is kinda funny.

Looking forward to trying him out.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Chrom looks like he's gonna be faster than Lucina and Marth in Smash which is kinda funny.

Looking forward to trying him out.

Isn't Roy faster than Marcina in Smash?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Isn't Roy faster than Marcina in Smash?
Yeah, which is why Chrom is faster too, since he's a Roy echo.

I just find it funny how the arbitrary status of being an Echo Fighter led to him overtaking Marth and Lucina in terms of speed in Smash. When he has a slow-ish Spd stat in FEH, at least.

My +10 Chrom with neutral Spd only has 29 Spd, that's why I went all in on his Atk stat lol.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yeah, which is why Chrom is faster too, since he's a Roy echo.

I just find it funny how the arbitrary status of being an Echo Fighter led to him overtaking Marth and Lucina in terms of speed in Smash. When he has a slow-ish Spd stat in FEH, at least.

My +10 Chrom with neutral Spd only has 29 Spd, that's why I went all in on his Atk stat lol.
So he's more viable in Smash than in Fire Emblem? :^)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So he's more viable in Smash than in Fire Emblem? :^)
Not necessarily, I mean who needs speed when you can get over 100 effective Atk? :p

And still hit the upper 80's if you go the Brave Sword+ route?

Plus I can get him up the the 40's in Spd with my current set up.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I mean, so is Roy.
That's pretty sad to say since he's still low tier in Smash...

Not necessarily, I mean who needs speed when you can get over 100 effective Atk? :p

And still hit the upper 80's if you go the Brave Sword+ route?

Plus I can get him up the the 40's in Spd with my current set up.
Yeah, I was doing this thing called a joke...

Guess Shiny's not the only one who takes my **** seriously anymore :V

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Okay. Yeah. Octopath is gonna be the last game I buy for awhile.

Just went to get dinner today and my card got denied.

I feel like such an idiot. I told myself that I wouldn't overdo it on video games again. But I did, and now I get no dinner.

Tomorrow is payday. So thank god for that. But this was a reality check for me. I need to have better control with my money and remember the stuff I NEED.

This was a stupid mistake that should have never happened.

Chrono.

Video game ads were something else. I miss the insanity.

The early 00s were wild, man.

I already posted it, but it's still hilarious how a lot of Rayman 3's marketing was just a lot of **** jokes. When the game itself was fairly tame.

Then there's all the edgy Gamecube ads...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom